Posts created by yve501

posted in Danse Macabre: Crimson Cabaret Collector's Edition on Sep 25, 14 2:40 PM
I love the Amaranthine series and the first Final Cut but I have to say I demoed the rest and they left me totally cold and bored which is why I won't bother trying this one.

posted in Fall of the New Age on Jan 6, 14 9:07 AM
I bought the CE from Playrix where they are having a half-price sale. I must say it plays a lot smoother than the demo I tried here. But then where possible I try to buy from the developer rather than giving my money to the Big Flush.

I did the beta for this and found it to be well below the standard of the other Midnight Mystery games. I did not realise it was by a new developer.
The graphics are bland, the hogs basic and the game play very linear and easy. Unless things change later there is really no need for a strategy guide.
As a European I found the storyline very confusing full of characters I knew nothing about and had no incentive to find out about.
I certainly won't get it as a CE and doubt whether I'll get the SE.

posted in Surface: The Pantheon Collector's Edition on Sep 22, 13 6:17 AM
Well that shows we are all different as Surface 2 was the only one I don't really like.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 27, 13 8:29 AM
All the free play games freeze up my brand new W8 lappy which I can only say is a bonus as I have no desire to play them as my bank in the UK adds a £1.50 charge to any transaction in a foreign currency regardless of size it saves me a fortune.
[Off topic content Removed]

posted in Ashley Clark: Secret of the Ruby on Aug 26, 13 10:43 AM
Gojira said
I hope someone moves the bonus-punch stuff to an appropriate forum at some point, instead of allowing that stuff to muck up the topic . .

I find this very offensive to a lot of gamers including myself who are having a genuine problem and have nowhere else to post. Our problems may be different to yours but that does not make it muck!

posted in Ashley Clark: Secret of the Ruby on Aug 26, 13 10:37 AM
I purchased a game today was today which with the bonus filled up my punchcard and received a pop-up message to say I had another pc credit but NO. My punchcard is not showing as full and I haven't received a credit.
Are there no mods left to sort this out?

posted in Grim Tales: Bloody Mary Collector's Edition on Aug 1, 13 9:52 AM
I must admit coming from the UK Bloody Mary has absolutely no meaning for me.
Except we were told as children that bloody was an unacceptable swear word because it referred to the blood of Mary, mother of Jesus.
An interesting dichotomy.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Jun 5, 13 1:06 AM
I put my large pool on the front decking with the barbecue and useless dining room table and chairs and now they all swim through when going along the decking instead of walking around it.

I also gave the encyclopaedia to a boy and he developed an interest in makeup.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Jun 3, 13 4:34 AM
Whenever a parent dies I get the partner to tidy the house and then send them off to live with one of the kids while I start a new generation.
I am now wondering if by doing this I am missing out on anything. I am not giving them a chance to reach 65 for instance. All my peeps have died around the age of 60 so their partners are not likely to get a marriage proposal are they?

Has anyone had anything interesting happen to a lonely spouse?

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Jun 2, 13 2:13 PM
I'm really worried about the new couple in one of my families they were having a TV night. So he went into the lounge to watch TV she went into their bedroom to watch the old TV and they were watching different programmes! Something tells me they are going to be trouble.

I also had an afro haired hippie called Hobbit he called his son Habit. I rather liked that . Habit son of Hobbit .

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 27, 13 3:09 PM
My peeps were trying for a baby when the female decided to go to sleep in the middle of it. What a turn-off!

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 25, 13 10:54 AM
Is there any point in having a dining room?

I made the room behind the kitchen into a dining room but they never use it. They still eat all their meals in the kitchen. All I've made any peep do there is have a drink at the drinks cabinet and that made her sick!

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 25, 13 10:50 AM
I Find it tends to run in families. I have one family where they had 3 sets of twins and 1 of triplets in the 1st 3 generations. The 4th generation didn't have any and I'm just starting on the 5th generation. They have all achieved 6 kids and been masters at their profession. I love this family!

Other families have been nowhere near as successful. It's just pot-luck.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 21, 13 3:30 PM
I actually found a rare insect when it was snowing but I nearly missed it because the cat was sitting on it! Thanks kind neighbour for e-mailing me

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 7, 13 2:30 PM
I have received several blue pop-ups relating to this couple plus a note from Bill to Margaret was found in a bookcase. I won't go into any more detail because it might be a spoiler but I'm presuming this couple were the former inhabitants of the house.

Have other gamers received revealing insights?

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 6, 13 10:05 AM
This happened to me. I tried re-installing and that didn't help.

Eventually I went to screen settings [through the control panel] and flipped the picture so it was sideways on the screen which enabled me to see the bottom buttons and change out of window mode.

I hope this helps.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 2, 13 12:47 AM
Oh! That's changed from VF1 then. Nice to know.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 1, 13 1:21 PM
I got an apology addressed to wifey from the adoption agency regretting that she was upset because hubby had made an inquiry. Since they were both 50 with 5 kids I thought that was a bit cheeky of him .

Oh. I also took advantage of the bug whisperer and got 2 very good results. But be careful they were both very close to the bins and almost hidden by the pop-up bar.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 1, 13 1:15 PM
If a couple die without children you have to start a new family from the beginning with nothing. It might be a good idea to adopt SOON!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator