Posts created by nontechiegrannie

posted in Jewel Match Solitaire: L'Amour on Jan 31, 18 2:15 PM
This is a rehashed game with mahjong thrown in. The graphics are lovely but that's about the only positive about this game. If you haven't played the castle version of this game you will enjoy this game but if you have you'll probably want to pass on this version.

posted in Dark City: London Collector's Edition on Nov 30, 17 3:42 PM
Could only play 15 min of the demo before I had to leave this tedious, boring, monotonous game.

Graphics are amateurish & in some instances crudely drawn.

Mini games are another example of the same old thing. Nothing new or original is offered. I couldn't make myself finish the first HOG as it was just another jumbled nonsensical mess.

Do not understand how these mediocre rehashed games garner so many stars & ecstatic reviews. So try the demo for yourself & see if the enthusiasm hits you or not!!!

posted in Jewel Match Solitaire Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 17 1:09 PM
I have ALL of my emeralds & the same old missing emerald message now rears its ugly head in the bonus game. Oh my, why can't the game perform as it is suppose too without all of these glitches????

I guess I will have too do what I did last time & restart the bonus level with a new profile. What a lot of unnecessary bother!

posted in Jewel Match Solitaire Collector's Edition on Nov 5, 17 9:30 PM
@AshmOOr checking to make sure I had all of the emeralds was the first thing I did & it was not the problem.

The solution, I discovered, was quite simple. I started a new game with a different profile & have not had any problems.

posted in Jewel Match Solitaire Collector's Edition on Oct 31, 17 7:41 PM
I just installed the update & when I tried playing the game I got the same old message about missing emeralds. I have all my emeralds. What I don't have is patience waiting for the devs to get their act together & fix the game!

posted in Jewel Match Solitaire Collector's Edition on Oct 26, 17 11:52 AM
Hi skpjazz,

Not the problem as I double checked again & I have all of the emeralds. I appreciate your input & was really hoping that was the solution. Guess I'll just have to wait patiently???? until the problem is corrected.

I really enjoy this game. It is such a pleasant change from the ghosts, evil spirit, dead relatives, haunted houses, other worlds etc. These types of games seem to be cranked out endlessly with no end in sight. When this game is fixed it should keep me busy for quite awhile without having to worry about dealing with the ghosties etc.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 on Oct 25, 17 7:13 PM
Well, I give the scene another go & with a little PDL (pure dumb luck) I was able to find the sign & to keep moving forward.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 4 on Oct 25, 17 1:25 PM
You have to return a missing sign. I found where the sign goes but for the life of me I can't find the silly sign. I moused/clicked all over the scene but just can't find it. Can anyone help? As always, it will probably be found right in front of me!!

posted in Jewel Match Solitaire Collector's Edition on Oct 22, 17 2:55 PM
I also made it to Level 40 when I got the message about the emeralds. I thoroughly checked to make sure I had obtained all my emeralds..

The only level that I found without emeralds was the very first beginning level. I replayed it 3 times & there were no emeralds to be had.

The emerald counter on that level said 0/0 emeralds & the score card showed the same thing. Also, there aren't any little dots to be lighted up underneath the fleur de leis. Subsequent levels have 1 to 3 of these dots to be lighted up.

So, has anyone figured out how to get around these obvious snafu? It's a shame there wasn't better quality control on this game before it was put out for sale.

posted in Factory Katz: The Grand Banquet on Oct 10, 17 5:01 PM
Really wanted to like this game but the bizarre hint apparatus ruined it for me. Trying to use the hint button was just a waste of time. It did a lot a spinning without actually showing you where an item was located. Couldn't get past the 2nd HOS screen because of this terrible, useless apparatus. So, I just quit in disgust & hope a game that I actually like & can play comes up for sale, but again I hold no great hope for this to happen anytime soon.

posted in Haunted Hotel XV: The Evil Inside Collector's Edition on Sep 30, 17 6:56 PM
Another dreadful rehashed dusty, dreary, abandoned, haunted hotel storyline. It's tedious/boring with a silly screen named Patrick that finds glowing orbs. The graphics are just plain icky with way too much dust, dirt & cobwebs for this clean freak to handle.

HOGS/puzzles are messy & run of the mill. Mouth movements are wonky. I just couldn't find anything good about this game. There are no redeeming qualities to be found.

Unfortunately, these are the only kind of games I've been seeing lately. I haven't found a decent game to buy in quite a long time.

These games obviously are liked by a lot more people than me. So I'll keep playing my card/board games until a something new/original, without ghosts, goblins, spirits other worldly creatures etc., pops up for me to buy.

Another rehashed story line. Someone has gone missing & you get to track her down & as usual a monster rears its ugly head. B O R I N G.

Graphics are amateurish, with murky, muddy, BLUE colorization. Nothing new or original.

HOS are interactive & pleasant enough. Mini Puzzles are dreadful. It's just a lot of sliding things here & there.

Characters are their old stiff & wooden selves with terrible mouth movement.

Love ELF. He just retrieves things for you & is not otherwise intrusive. But that top hatted, pipe smoking hint frog is just plain creepy.

A very basic game & I would only recommend it to beginners & those who do not mind being bored out of their minds.

I, myself, can't stand the pipe smoking, top hatted, hint frog. I personally find him just creepy. On the other hand, I just love ELF. He just retrieves objects & is not otherwise intrusive.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Sleight of Murder Collector's Edition on Jun 10, 17 4:50 PM
Finally a game that doesn't seem like a rehash. Also, love the fact that there were no ghosts, witches, evil spirits, dead relatives that wont stay dead, runes etc.

The graphics were finally colorful & no excess blue in sight.

Game didn't seem tedious or boring too me & I didn't find the characters too be that chatty. The objectives were clear & the rabbit in each scene wasn't that difficult too find.

HOGS were nice & somewhat interactive. Some mini games were OK & others were cumbersome & made no sense. {I find this with many of the puzzles.}

I felt the game moved at a good pace & the back & forth wasn't as bothersome as it could be.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Personal Nightmare Collector's Edition on May 25, 17 12:00 PM
IMO there is NOTHING to like about this dreadful rehashed game. Same old story line where you are wandering all over a haunted hotel & the adjacent countryside. Of course there is the "required" ghostly apparition who is a headless horseman in this reincarnation. Same old cheesy graphics & hideous blue coloring. It's boring & not much thought is needed to figure out the plot & next move. I played the entire demo & am surprised that I didn't fall asleep during the first 5 min of game play.

posted in Alicia Griffith: Lakeside Murder on May 22, 17 4:37 PM
Game loaded fine but absolutely NO sound. It's a shame since I was considering buying the game.

posted in Magic Cards Solitaire 2: The Fountain of Life on May 10, 17 9:24 PM
Game makes absolutely no sense. Pop ups & bouncing arrows galore. Difficulty moving around game play/scene & getting on to next scene. The scenes were too busy & nonsensical to make this an enjoyable game.

Graphics are beginner grade & not very pleasing. I found the game so frustrating & annoying that I couldn't get past the first card game. Thank heaven for delete button.

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 23, 17 4:04 PM
Strange Melancholy Game

Graphics are hideous. Dark, muddy, difficult to make things out. Usual cartoon drawn characters with absolutely no realism. "Maggie" looks faded as if the artist wasn't quite finished with the drawing. Definitely not a top grade artistic endeavor.

VO were not to bad but the character "Allison" had a serious case of the eye blinkies!!

The story line was a little morose for my taste & of course it had to have some kind of unearthly creature.

The HOGS were the usual variety & nothing special. The puzzles were many & most of them were tedious & not to my taste.

Never saw any morphing objects & never did find anymore puzzle pieces after the initial one.

All in all IMHO it's another dud game. Try before you buy.

posted in The Legacy: Forgotten Gates Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 17 3:51 PM
Did I just finish playing the same game as the other fishes? Marvelous, fantastic & a winner??? Not IMHO for sure!!!

This game is definitely not new with its rehashed story line.

While scenes are colorful, the graphics/characters are strictly 1950's comic book quality. Good for comics but not this game.

Puzzles are of the usual lame quality. With 64 min left to play I never did come across any HOPS.

This game is just so B O R I N G that I never found it interesting or an attention grabber.

What a dreadful game. Just another rehashed tale about an artifact that causes havoc along with a multitude of nasty creatures.

Graphics are murky with the usual dull blue colorization.

VO are ok but the mouth movements leave much to be desired.

Usual caliber interactive HOS with nothing new or exciting. Same old puzzles that I mainly skipped.

Just couldn't get into this game. Just kept wanting the demo to be over quickly & stop the feeling that I needed to take a nap.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator