Posts created by 7SlotFever

posted in Victorian Mysteries®: The Yellow Room on May 17, 13 10:46 AM
Game absolutely needs a hint system.
The map is almost useless.

posted in Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug on May 3, 13 2:12 PM
Update:

I checked my video drivers (AMD Radeon HD 6700M), they are current.
I tried running the program in Administrator mode and after walking away for an hour or so and leaving the game idle for an hour or so I came back to the error screen again.

I ran the Felix fix-a-flat utility and will send in my results.

posted in Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug on May 3, 13 6:21 AM
I too am getting access error violations. At least five so far and I have only entered the town.
I purchased the standard version. Win 7
So far, the game has been very enjoyable as far as the story and interaction goes. I read the story sometime back and am excited to play the game.

HOWEVER it appears as though NUMEROUS complaints about these issues have been posted in both the CE and SE sections of the forums and nothing has been done about it yet.

Like others, I too am frustrated with not being able to complete a game because of a technical glitch. This is (to the best of my memory) the THIRD game I have had problems with that prevent completion of the game. I don't WANT to have to call tech support, I WANT y'all to pay attention to what folks are saying and get it taken care of rather than waste my time on the phone and just cause me further frustration by making me jump through hoops to prove it's not my system that's at fault.

When this many people have problems, y'all at BF need to light a fire under the developers tail feathers, yank the slack out of their chain and make them get things straightened out post haste.

posted in Motor Town: Soul of the Machine on Apr 8, 13 1:01 PM
Still waiting for a fix on this.
I just brought the game up on my list and was going to play it and realized that I was stalled at the end without the 6th candle.

I also clicked the funnel first instead of the candle.

I didn't think the game was good enough to play a second time just to see the end.

posted in Motor Town: Soul of the Machine on Feb 20, 13 6:02 PM
Baywolfe wrote:I think this has already been pointed out but, in case it has not been specifically stated.

Bug: If you select the funnel you do not have a chance to select the candle. It zooms out and the area is no longer available for inspection.

Just adding another signature to this petition.
I am at the end of the game, having the same problem. Cannot complete the game now without that last candle and unwilling to play the whole thing over again for it.

Seems to be a common glitch, there is a thread on this forum about the problem.

posted in Motor Town: Soul of the Machine on Feb 20, 13 5:58 PM
healy6904 wrote:Where is the funnel located?

It's by the tool shed, next to the tire leaning against the wall but get the candle FIRST it's in the same screen as the funnel

posted in Motor Town: Soul of the Machine on Feb 20, 13 5:54 PM
Sigh,
Have the same problem.
Saw the candle with the funnel, grabbed the funnel first and am now at the end without it.

I don't want to play the whole game over again for this, it's rather irksome.

Also, for me the hint button stopped working, I was going to use it to locate the funnel.

darn darn darn darn... I have the unhappy.

posted in Mysteries of the Mind: Coma on Dec 2, 12 2:39 PM
Hi Folks,
I'm playing the standard edition(purchased)

So far there is a lot of good about this game but I too am experiencing some glitches.

Hint is not working in HOS and the cursor seems to jump all over the place from time to time.

I'm not far into the game yet but hope this isn't a trend...
If on Monday ya'll have a chance to look at it, please give it a whack and see if you can get the bugs out.

EDIT: I exited the game and restarted it.
It DID save my progress and the hint in the HOS worked.
Thank goodness, because I was stuck looking for a doggone piece of pizza!

posted in Hotel on Mar 14, 12 4:55 AM
I too am having that problem.
I'm finding this game pretty frustrating

I seem to be stuck at the hotel with nowhere to go and nothing I can do.

posted in Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest on Mar 6, 12 8:50 AM
I couldn't get anything but a black screen.
So first I turned off the custom cursor, that didn't work so I shut down and restarted the game and it was OKAY.

If all you're getting is a black screen, try restarting the game. It should do the trick for you.

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Feb 8, 12 2:12 PM
Hi Folks,

I just purchased this game and have been playing it.
I'm running it on a brand new computer (a month old) and am having some issues that others reported in 2009.

In my case, the game just quits. Much like it does when you're playing a trial, but without popping up the BFG program. Again, I have already purchased this game.
When it does quit, I have to reboot my computer because for some reason the BFG software seems to think it's still running and it will not start. I have tried the three finger salute and do not see it running on my system. A reboot clears it up and I can play again, but it's kind of aggravating.

posted in Awakening: The Dreamless Castle on Jan 29, 12 6:38 AM
whoops, double posted.

posted in Awakening: The Dreamless Castle on Jan 29, 12 6:34 AM
I'm clicking them in that order, but it's rejecting the code.

Must not be holding my mouth right or something. Sheesh.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition on Dec 26, 11 2:48 PM
Thanks folks, for posting up some help with this. I was beating my head on the desk

posted in Secrets of the Past: Mother's Diary on Dec 3, 11 6:09 AM
Just tried to play this (previously purchased) game this morning for the first time.

The first time it started, it began with the screen being off center by a bit over 30%.
Then it locked up my computer completely causing me to do a hard reboot.

After uninstall/reinstall when it got past the logo screens (still off center by nearly half the screen) it locked up and I received this error:
Error: Access violation at 0x0049DBF7 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.

Looks like a bust, particularly after reading all of the other posts about technical and translation issues.

spieleboy wrote:I have the same problem as many other fishies have with the damn message "your current graphics device does not support the minimum requirements to run this game". I am not a computer wizzard and don't know how to solve the problem. Also, I have no time and energy to become a computer expert. I have all MCF games and they all worked without problems. I don't understand why BFG didn't make Escape from Ravenhearst with the same beautiful grafics as RTR which worked fine w/o any problems for all customers. We don't need more sofisticated stuff which can not be played on most of our computers. Well, I was very excited to play this game and was even going to buy it as a CE which I almost never do, but in this case, BFG lost a buyer.

I couldn't agree more. We buy these games because they are inexpensive entertainment and something that we can use on our existing systems.
I for one, have no desire to upgrade my power supply and video card in order to play a game like this but I DO feel cheated that I cannot play it, especially since I purchased it. Like you I rarely buy the Collectors Editions but I enjoyed the other Ravenhearst games so much I felt it was worth it.

I would like to strongly suggest that BFG and the devlopers put their heads together and make this much anticipated version a lot more backwards compatible.

Well, I am just a fool.
I was so enthusiastic about it that I just bought it without trying it first.

I read the hardware requirements and thought I was good but didn't look at my video card hard enough.

After three failed attempts at downloading and installing, updating my utilities so that it would run, It came up and said that my video card doesn't meet the requirements.

I am really disappointed. and out the purchase price of the game.

My only question is WHY release a game with such huge requirements? It's completely unnecessary and frankly frustrating for many potential customers. You should keep in mind that folks can afford the small price of a game in today's economy, we can't just pull the money out of our hats for new hardware.

As it is, I have two choices, try to update my video card (in a PC that's too old now to even bother with because it would be much more than just the card) or wait to play this until I can eventually upgrade my PC completely.

I'm really disappointed. I hope that those of you looking at the reviews will really LOOK at your hardware specs before trying this game, so you don't end up in the same boat I'm in. I just wanted to play this game so badly because the others were so doggone good.

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison on Jul 10, 11 9:03 AM
Right from the start my cursor was herky jerky. I opted for standard cursors, it was no help.

It looks like it would be a great little game but after seeing the reviews over the past couple of years, and the SAME problems arising without resolution, I'm not sure I want to spent the whole $2.99 just to make myself crazy.

Even at a mere three bucks, glitches are glitches and should have been fixed long ago.

posted in The Fall Trilogy Chapter 2: Reconstruction on Jul 1, 11 9:10 AM
I was able to dust the prints and select them but after having to close the game at that point and come back they no longer show that they are selected, I cannot re-select them and the game has come to a complete halt. I am unable to proceed further.

The prints appear to be dusted, but cannot be selected.
I can pick up the tape, but not use it on anything.

There is no other action available in this screen.

This was also reported by others in the general forum posts for this game.
Any suggestions or should I just ask for a credit?

posted in The Fall Trilogy Chapter 2: Reconstruction on Jul 1, 11 8:04 AM
I was able to dust the prints and select them but after having to close the game at that point and come back they no longer show that they are selected, I cannot re-select them and the game has come to a complete halt. I am unable to proceed further.

The prints appear to be dusted, but cannot be selected.
I can pick up the tape, but not use it on anything.

There is no other action available in this screen.

Time to ask for a refund or credit maybe?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator