Posts created by Rainmanuk

posted in PuppetShow: Bloody Rosie Collector's Edition on Nov 17, 16 1:17 PM
Same issue here, screen is not compatible with my screen therefore I cant access the window, also black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. Also achievements banner keeps getting in the way. Another poor effort by ERS,( at least I got this one to run on W10)

posted in PuppetShow: Her Cruel Collection on Oct 17, 16 3:32 AM
I tried the demo of the collectors edition but got a exception error on start up, as did loads of other people. So I thought maybe, just maybe they would have noticed this problem and addressed it before releasing the SE version.
Not a chance. I don't think anyone ever reads these forums.
Crash exception error again. Must be my computer then and the loads of others who suffered the same fate. Strange that all my other games work fine.
By the way operating system W10

posted in PuppetShow: Her Cruel Collection Collector's Edition on Sep 15, 16 4:16 AM
Access violation on start up.
Windows 10, everything else works.

posted in Maze: Subject 360 Collector's Edition on Aug 5, 15 1:20 PM
Good Game
It's been so long that we have had to endure the endless formulaic games. I can even forgive the push the key out of the door and catch it with etc etc. This was just different enough to keep the interest alive without being totally over the top. The production values were very good and the puzzles just seemed to be part of the game rather than, its time for a HOG we will stick one in here.

Of all of the games I have played in the last year this probably comes out on top. Most of the others are just also rans compared to this. I would like to give this game 5 stars but there must always be a better game out there.

So its 4.875 for me

As always try before you buy

posted in Grim Tales: The Final Suspect on Jul 27, 15 12:52 PM
Well that was awful.
I had the black background problem but decided to persevere. I wish I had given up.
There was nothing new about this and it was totally formulaic. It is almost as if the developers have a bag with all the standard things like, there is a zipper missing on a bag, lets build a ladder, how can we possibly get that down, oh yes lets use an umbrella, etc etc ad nausea. In addition there are some other really annoying quirks, like "this needs some pliers" it should add not the pliers you have in your inventory but some other pliers, which in fact are not pliers. Grrrrrrr.
And will somebody tell the developers that things screw in clockwise and visa versa. They did get it right with a screwdriver but I guess that was by pure chance as the rest of the time they seem to operate on left hand threads.

Oh and the puzzles were so easy my hamster could do them, blindfold, with one arm tied behind his back. Like what colour is orange? then put it with the other thing coloured orange and that will solve the puzzle. duh!!!!!

All in all a poor piece of work, badly done with nothing at all new to recommend it.

posted in Grim Tales: The Final Suspect Collector's Edition on May 18, 15 11:17 AM
I have the same problem, its all black under here. time to delete and not bother with elephant games again. complete waste of time.

posted in Magic Gate: Faces of Darkness on Feb 26, 15 2:58 AM
This I am afraid is another re-hash of everything which has gone before. Absolutely nothing original. It might have got better I had to give it up after 10 minutes.
I think I am getting fed up with the same ols plot, same old solutions, same old puzzles.
The HO scenes were OK but then again nothing new.

If you are newish to this type of game it might be OK if you have played a few games this will bore you to death.

posted in Runaway Geisha on Dec 17, 14 10:03 AM
After downloading and trying to run the game I just get a blank screen. I get the music that's all

posted in Chronicle Keepers: The Dreaming Garden on Oct 1, 14 5:47 AM
Based on the Demo, which I didn't finish.
I thought that the HO scenes were well done...1 plus point
I thought the overall graphics were muddy and poorly presented... 1 minus point
The amulet is something different but gets in the way and is easy to forget that you have to use in in just about every scene. .... 1 minus point
The story is the same as 80% of the other stories and it did not hold my interest which is why I didn't bother to complete the tutorial...minus 2 points.
The leprechaun should have been strangled at birth...minus 2 points

I think we are getting to a stage where there are a lot of fishes out there that have been playing these games for a long time. Most of us has done every combination of amulet, key, mother/ father/ child missing, phantom book and weird ghosts etc etc ad nauseum and we are waiting for something new with a good storyline to keep us interested.
This isn't it, maybe in the past an average SE and might be OK for a new player,as one just the older jaundiced fishes I would like to see some new and less formulaic.

I would give this 5 out of 10 , please try it for yourself.

posted in 9 Elefants on Sep 16, 14 9:02 AM
The is based on as much of the demo as I could stand.
About 10 minutes.

This looks like a port from a Nintendo game. Bingly bongly music, cartoon characters, etc.

In a strange sort of masochistic way I did enjoy some of it, but it just wore me down very quickly.
I hated the film canister catching, I suppose you could get good at it if you had enough practice, personally I would rather stick pins in my eyes.

I must be getting old and grumpy, I don't seem to like much stuff being served up by BF these days

posted in Witch Hunters: Full Moon Ceremony on Sep 6, 14 1:14 PM

Based on the demo

Appalling, simply appalling.
Maybe this would have been OK four or five years ago but it just doesny cut the mustard any more.
Poor graphics, dumbed down plot, stupid illogical puzzles and scenarios.
Please try it yourself. I wouldn't give it houseroom in a kennel.

Out of 10 I would give it 1 just because of my good hearted nature

I got this as a freebie
It is poor compared to the other games in the series.
Is it me or am I just tired of putting a piece of paper under a door and pushing out the key, oh hum, seen it done it read the book, seen the film, done the computer game.

Come on BFG give us something new I am now getting tired and bored with the same remake and rehash of the same old tired , very tired scripts and puzzles.

Flogging the dead horse rapidly springs to mind.

out of 10 2 for turning up.

Oh and by the way, to undo a screw you turn it anti clockwise in this universe.

posted in PuppetShow: Lightning Strikes Collector's Edition on Aug 24, 14 10:28 AM
Based on the Demo.
I have the other games in this series and have, by and large enjoyed them, finding them a bit different and slightly edgy.
This one has the same base graphics and sort of a decent plot line but and its quite a big but it doesn't do anything for me. It is far far to easy, plus there are a couple of arcade games in the demo, which I hate. The first has a bug as well so had to skip.

No buy for me, shame I liked the graphics.

Out of 10 I would give it 4.

UPDATE

I decided to get this as a freebie, just to see if the game was as bad as the demo.

It is worse, it is totally illogical, the spelling and grammar are written and translated by somebody from the planet Zarg.
This is a travesty on the Puppetshow series, it is ill conceived, poorly written with some hideous games that dont work on my PC.

It has two hideous flyouts for achievements and some other stupid thing which get in the way the whole time and in some cases cover up parts of a puzzle so you cant see it properly.

It stinks stay away from it unless you to come from the planet Zarg.

I give this the Blind Pugh award for computer games

posted in The House on Usher on Jul 31, 14 7:48 AM
Review of the full game

Weird, weak, illogical, no idea what the object of the game is and why it ends as it does. In some parts very good with the artwork strangely reminiscent of Madam fate.

I am glad I only used a credit for this, would probably have been better spent letting it time lapse.
I was hoping to find something new and different, being totally bored now of the same old, same old, same old, stuff. Well it was different, and annoying.

Out of 10 probably 3 for trying

I have the same shipyard problem, also an issue with getting the batteries in the Helicopter. which didn't appear when I selected it from the inventory.

It is getting a bit of pot luck now as to whether a game will run properly or not.

Sad end to a reasonable game.

posted in Surface: Reel Life on May 8, 14 2:30 PM
Based on the full version. What can I say, been there done that got the T shirt.
I found this game very unoriginal in almost every way. The Hidden object had a bit of "find the key to open the box to find the crocodile" sort of thing, and the puzzles were. Arrange the numbers into order 1,2,4,3....
Yawn. This was a game that I bought cause I had a freebie voucher, I would have been sad to have paid for it.
The graphics were Ok but the lipsync on some of the characters was grotesque.
At some point about half way through I wanted it to end, then a bit later I really wanted it to end, in the end it did, end.
Probably would not recommend this game, I think Bessiegirl was playing a different game to me. Score out of 5----1

posted in Through Andrea's Eyes on Feb 9, 14 7:06 AM
Same problem, access violation when using the turtle, second program with fault.
Sort it or refund again.
Poor programming

posted in Myths of the World: Spirit Wolf Collector's Edition on Feb 2, 14 2:16 AM
I found this game to be tedious and annoyingly illogical.
The HO scenes were OK the mini games were startlingly easy, sort of arrange 1 to 10 in order type.
The story line didn't really hold together to a climax that fell of a cliff like a lemming on a bad day out.
Too many items were about one pixel away from sending you out of the scene, and some of the items you have to use to solve a problem were so illogical even when you actually had a better, more suitable item in your inventory.
I was glad to finish it, there are many more far better games than this.
I give it 2 stars out of 5

posted in Mystery Tales: The Lost Hope Collector's Edition on Jan 26, 14 8:35 AM
Same access violation trying to enter the lowlands- w7 latest drivers-need a fix or refund

posted in Eternal Journey: New Atlantis on Aug 30, 12 1:35 PM
This is the best game I have played in a long time. I thought that the story was good, the puzzles were in some cases standard fare but in others there was a twist, the HO games were OK with the objects identifiable. But this was a cut above the normal dark brooding fare of hospitals, mental wards and disjointed grandfathers. Congrats to the developers in doing something different. Oh and the graphics were great as well.
Did I mention that I liked it?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator