Posts created by vervaine

posted in Finders on Aug 18, 13 6:57 AM
I'm not sure whether the game bugged out or the tutorial stopped after rescuing the 4 workers?? It stopped giving me any hints or quests or anything - I merely gathered some food and chopped down trees for 15 minutes and then quit.

The worst thing is the graphics. Again, I can't see anyone complaining, so maybe this was a bug. The game was extremely fuzzy and blurry. Small texts were unreadable!! When I switched to windowed mode, the window was tiny - maybe 600px wide. It looked like a phone resolution, not something intended to be played on PC.

I usually like this type of games, but the blurriness and zero objectives make it a no-buy. Extremely disappointed.

posted in Times of Vikings on Aug 5, 13 3:19 PM
Played 5 levels of the demo. Very nice graphics, interesting levels, some new game mechanics. The "dark night" looks funny though. Barely darker than normal level.

+ Royal Envoy type
+ graphics
+ some new stuff and gimmicks

- mouse over to collect resources AFTER sending a worker to produce them
- can't click anywhere to dismiss bubbles
- kinda unclear level goals - sound more like a challenge though
- way too clicky

All in all, "thanks" to the clickiness, it would make a nice DD. It's a great game if you don't mind clicking...
I'm going to use a pcc on it today, otherwise I would have waited.

mammamia21099 wrote:Holy Graphics Batman!

That was my first reaction too

posted in Whispers: Revelation on Jun 16, 13 7:09 AM
Hopelessly stuck at wardrobe HOS after meeting the girl in main character's room. Clicking on the wardrobe freezes the game and it's impossible to bring up Windows stuff (Win key, task manager, anything). The only thing that is still responding is laptop Function key. The only way to get out is to hard reset the PC.

It's impossible to progress further. Funnily enough, that's where I stopped the demo - right before the HOS. Reinstalling does nothing, starting over does nothing. A shame, since I really enjoyed it.

posted in All My Gods on Mar 10, 13 5:04 AM
That's just one scrollable map... I uncovered the "top right" side with the volcano/temple/shrine and noticed that the fog didn't seem to extend much farther. Like, there's only "bottom left" and "bottom right" areas left.

I'll still buy it, just disappointed the map is so small.

Thank you for the answer

posted in All My Gods on Mar 10, 13 1:54 AM
Is there a second map? I built a temple in the demo, looks like I have half of the map uncovered. There's still a lot of stuff to unlock in the menus, but I don't see how it would all fit on that small map.

I really like the game, but that small map is bugging me...

posted in Sweet Kingdom: Enchanted Princess on Mar 9, 13 2:33 AM
You can continue after the timer runs out. Take as long as you want to figure out the strategy, then restart the level and try to make it within gold time.

I had to restart on several levels to get gold (just beat 19). This game is pretty challenging compared to other strategy TM games released lately.

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened on Jan 15, 13 2:40 PM
Hi everyone... Just popping up to say that due to real life stuff I had no time to play at all! >.< I'm still at the beginning, past the docks and now teleported to Baker Street. I take Sherlock Holmes stories very seriously, so I'll be avoiding this thread so as not to accidentally run into spoilers... It's a shame I can't be here with you, but, I will still be playing

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened on Jan 6, 13 6:08 AM
@harlequen, Aquatic, CfG...
Haha, that makes me feel better about using that space bar! In places that are very tense (like past hour ) I was using it all the time before exiting a scene, to be sure nothing was missed and I wouldn't have to return there...

OMG that wharf ending! I didn't expect that so early into the game!
What on Earth happened to that guy, he was missing so many body parts. The first thing I noticed was that his abdomen had been opened. I was honestly expecting Sherlock to take a peek inside... x.x

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened on Jan 5, 13 6:18 PM
You're welcome, I'm glad it helped xD I pressed Space without thinking (been playing Black Mirror too much...) and lo and behold it worked. I did peek at the controls, but don't remember it mentioned anywhere.

@popla
I know how you feel... First person always makes me nauseous, but somehow Frogwares version does it much faster than other games. Jack the Ripper, Silver Earring and Testament have third person view. PC only - consoles are locked in first person.

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened on Jan 5, 13 1:25 PM
First person makes me nauseous, so I use it only to examine things. Also the keyboard on my new laptop is so far back that the edge is hurting my wrists =.=

You can reveal clickable spots by pressing Space, btw. (Sorry for being obvious I didn't see it mentioned yet.)

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened on Jan 5, 13 5:18 AM
@CfG
Right click or press I (default controls). This will open the inventory.
Left click the item you want. It will appear in top right corner of the screen.
Left click the place where you want to use your item.
If you want to leave the item in inventory, click it again to deselect it.

I've finished investigating the first scene. ^^

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened on Jan 5, 13 4:28 AM
@shagwendy
You can go in the opposite direction than the carriage. There's a policeman on the intersection who will tell you where the bookstore is. I'm there now.

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened on Jan 5, 13 3:56 AM
Just installed it and started! I thought I'd skip it and play another game, but once I watched the intro (only to check whether it works)... uhh, I can't resist!

posted in Adelantado Trilogy: Book One on Oct 8, 12 12:41 PM
I put a sawmill right in front of that guy's house. No stone for me either... had to restart.

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Notre Dame - Secrets of Paris on Jun 9, 12 11:48 AM
Not for those who can't stand random/silly tasks. It's a good game from gameplay view, but I couldn't stand the "logic". Destroying the crime scene is pretty standard in those games, but am I seriously expected to shrug off that the priest would leave stuff unlocked after a major theft and would take the jog to the key's finding place every time he wants to enter the cathedral? Not to mention our detective breaks into other people's houses, cars and whatnot without even stating the reason to do so.

The game ran very smooth and it looks good - but I know I won't find enjoyment in playing it.

posted in Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope Collector's Edition on May 31, 12 11:53 AM
The movie intro was well done. The game itself is just average. I jumped right in hoping for a good scary ride, but the office was as dull as it can get and the beginning of the island was standard dark & eerie fare. I liked the maze. Everything else was... okay, but meh, nothing stood out.
The game ran very smooth though. No tech issues whatsoever.
CE extras don't look that exciting.

All in all, I'll wait for SE.

posted in Dreamscape on May 29, 12 2:05 PM
Found it!!

It's on a flowerbed Right part of the map, near the end of long narrow corridor.

Now I can proceed.

posted in Dreamscape on May 28, 12 3:05 PM
I can't find it

I'm in the Gardens and have already found Enchanter's Hat, Nunchaku, Parchment and Shield. I even found hidden stash of gold, but no harp I think I've been everywhere. I've checked a walkthrough at another site but it just says the area is small so it's easy to find everything... NOT!

Please help! I have no idea where that harp can be

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on May 9, 12 3:04 PM

Thank you so much for the info! I was considering getting Abandoned, but I avoid spiders like plague... so thank you!

The spider warning thread sounds like a great idea

posted in Spring Bonus on Apr 12, 12 3:22 PM
Bought it, even though I didn't plan to. The game is super light on computer resources (big concern of mine in M3, which I play muted), responsive and crisp Nothing special, but I like it. Cheerful and relaxing.

The rainbow meter seems to decrease when you use powerups scattered on board. Maybe it affects the power of the regular powerups?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator