Posts created by Dresdencline

Thank you. It turned out that I hadn't found all the demon symbols even though I moved the mirror all around. Once I did, it let me continue.

I'm only eight minutes into the demo and I can't figure out how to put down the stupid mirror without signing out of the game entirely. I've had to do it three times already! Plus, I'm trying to zoom into a window where I need to use the mirror to get the red demon symbol or whatever it's supposed to be; and as soon as I pick up the mirror, the game zooms out and I can't zoom back in because I'm holding the mirror and can't put it down! Somebody please help me. I'm so mad I could punch something. How am I supposed to enjoy the game when it won't let me do anything?

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Aug 25, 15 9:25 AM
I just got back into playing this game and I have gotten very far with it. But there is still a lot to come, like getting further into Dark Tower and some areas inside the castle. Aside from buying the Pegacorn, I am out of quests and the game isn't any fun without them.

I know it's just a game, but I feel very betrayed right now--like all that time and money was for nothing. I truly resent being left dangling in the middle of the story and not being able to finish it. Shame on you, BF!

If you're not going to continue making updates for the game, then at least make one big final one so that we can finish it and have some closure. Would that really be so unreasonable?

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Nov 10, 14 5:48 PM
I'm at Level 53 and I'm out of quests, except for Quinn wanting me to buy the wounded pegacorn at the pet store. I've been out of them for a while and the game really isn't fun without them. Does anyone know when the next update will be?

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Nov 6, 14 3:56 PM
papa_pahs wrote:Hi Dresdencline. When you click on one of the flying machines, you have the option to BUY or to ACCEPT. If you choose ACCEPT, then you have the opportunity to win the needed item each time you play a HO scene. The item is not found within the scene itself, it is awarded with the coins and other quest items after the HO scene is played. When you are awarded an item, you then click on the flying machine that requested the item and choose GIVE to be awarded a prize.

My mouse is exhausted by the fog ..... I usually pay the coin to drive it away too.

hth .... happy gaming

I know about the buy/accept! I've already done it loads of times! I KNOW the items aren't within the scenes themselves--Awakening Kingdoms is a lot the same way. And the flying machines aren't the issue. The issue is finding the locations on the map that will give me the items I'm looking for.

And ekstra, I do try to save the gold. I really hate having to pay to banish the fog, especially in compare scenes. And I know it's really difficult for a lot of people, so that's why I proposed that it be removed from the game altogether. The other weather conditions aren't so bad, it's just the fog that really gets me. And if it's hanging over multiple locations, then it's a real double whammy. But should I really pay for the extra interviews? It seems like a lot of gold to pay, and I don't want to spend unless I have to.

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Nov 5, 14 12:36 PM
Tzeitel, I don't know where to find the silver arrows, sarcophagi, and straitjackets in HO scenes. And as for finding objects goes, they aren't always in the same place, so there's still some looking involved. I can handle other weather conditions okay, but I find the fog to be much too distracting, so I frequently just pay to get rid of it. And from time to time, I see fog hanging over every single location that I need to investigate. At 200 a pop, it adds up.

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Nov 4, 14 7:55 PM
I've been playing this game for two or three days. It's been fun, but it's also been extremely frustrating.

First, many other people on this forum have complained that the energy doesn't last long. Sure, we can buy something from the store to replenish it; but these items are costly and they can only restore enough energy for one or two HOS at best. And, as some others have found, if we're using some kind of amulet, it gets wasted because the energy level doesn't last the entire thirty minutes, hour, or however long the time period is supposed to be.

And second, the gold is a joke. Every so often in this game, we have to pay 1,500 gold for a cage, silver arrow, sarcophagus or straitjacket to capture whoever or whatever is terrorizing the streets. Then we have to pay AT LEAST 250 for each food item to restore our energy, which runs out like water through a sieve. Then there's 200 a whack for all of these negative weather effects. Granted, they add a certain amount of challenge to the game; but the fog is a major "No way, Jose" for me--especially in the compare mode. And if every place I need to go to complete a quest is covered up with fog, it's a huge expense and really takes a lot of fun out of the game. The amount of gold we receive for completing HO scenes and quests is probably about half of what we actually need to get in order to keep playing. Now I know, we can buy gold from the store with actual money, but this isn't much help because it's impossible to build up a cushion and players can only afford to spend so much. I've made a few purchases already, and I regret spending real money on fake money, especially when it's impossible to make it last.

Based on my own playing experience and reading LOTS of comments on this forum, this is what you need to do to make the game more enjoyable and less frustrating:

1. Make the energy last longer, perhaps by reducing energy costs on some of the HO scenes. But that's just a suggestion. If you can figure out something else that works just as well, great.

2. Double the amount of gold received for completing scenes and quests.

3. GET RID OF THE FOG EFFECT ALTOGETHER. I spend so much time getting rid of the fog that I can't search for, let alone FIND, the objects I need to complete the scene. And as soon as I get rid of some and start looking for stuff, more comes pouring in! I HATE IT.

4. Include at least one food item every time a player levels up. It would help immensely.

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Nov 3, 14 8:01 AM
I found the last one, thanks! He was hiding behind a house, like you said.

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Nov 2, 14 3:13 PM
I just discovered this game and am having some trouble completing the quest where I have to catch the seven missing prisoners. I had five, and then I found the last two fighting each other somewhere near the Eiffel Tower. I clicked and got both of them in one cage, and the game only gave me credit for one prisoner. So I've gotten all seven, but the game says I only have six. I've looked everywhere and haven't seen any other prisoners at all, and I can't see a way to get rid of the quest.

Can someone please help me so I can still get credit for this headache?

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Oct 8, 14 6:39 AM
mouser9169 wrote:But this really isn't available until you've built up a good store of collectibles, which you eventually will if you keep playing the game.

I'm at Level 48, so I've been playing for quite some time.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Oct 7, 14 7:04 PM
Luckypool wrote:I've currently got 1.6 million coins - so I can afford to buy rares I've messed up on.
Go on - give it a go - you wont regret it!

Did you get that many just by auctioning? How long did that take? And how do I figure out what people are buying most?

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Oct 7, 14 6:59 PM
It certainly does seem that way. I'm not sure if anyone knows, but is there a maximum level to the game?

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Oct 7, 14 7:27 AM
Luckypool wrote:
Dresdencline wrote: Is there something else I need to do?

Yes.
Are you making good use of the Auction? What's hot right now? Go and see what you can get for Pocket Dragon Plush, Puppet Emi, Coruscating Dust, Skyward Crystal and so on.... Fungus Hut is ploddy (since they reduced the payout) . You can make so much more money at Auction (and hence Salmon Sandwiches).
Some gamers (whom I avoid like the plague) put up their rares for 12000 plus, ignore those. There are plenty of gamers who put up rares for far cheaper - you just have to bring the Auction into your game little by little. That way your energy bar becomes (sort of) insignificant, because you can buy sandwiches with your coins from the Auctions!

I'm not concerned with the health bar right now. What I really wanted was to get infinite coins. The game would be less frustrating that way. And what if I put something up for auction, but then I need it later?

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Oct 6, 14 11:48 AM
I spent all of my crystals and I don't know how many hours to reach the max level on the first Fungus Hut game and it didn't give me infinite coins! I feel extremely cheated! Is there something else I need to do?

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Sep 4, 14 4:43 PM
I can't for the life of me figure this thing out. The directions say to select the centaurs that are on the correct path to their homeland (or something to that effect). But I can't tell when a centaur is selected--when they are up or down? I don't know where the "homeland" is supposed to be, which color path is the right one, or which direction they are supposed to be facing. And the "hints" don't help at all. I would skip it, but I don't have enough crystals and don't want to have to buy any more. Will someone PLEASE help me so I can complete the scene and finish the quest? It's driving me crazy.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Apr 23, 13 10:51 AM
I'm trying to get the fifth blue pill. It isn't on the clock. I tried setting it twice and the pill never materialized. Help, please!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator