Posts created by magicalmoonlight

posted in Web of Deceit: Deadly Sands Collector's Edition on Sep 22, 13 3:18 AM
what was the name of the previous game

posted in Web of Deceit: Deadly Sands Collector's Edition on Sep 22, 13 3:17 AM
Nilosh wrote:Our week-end begins with the return of the Black Widow Morgana. If you recall, we met her once before with her army of mechanical spiders and it looks like she has returned with a vengeance, this time terrorizing the town of Transvaal. Our Uncle is missing and as his dutiful nephew, we must find him and defeat Morgana and her deadly venom.

A great HOPA with just enough thrills to excite the avid player. The challenge begins with play options, you have three and unless you play casual mode, there are no sparkles and no black bar tips. Your map will allow you to travel and indicate areas of interest if you choose so. There is a journal that will hold clues and have video playbacks as well.

With sharp and colorful graphics, we also have live actors playing their roles. Albeit the acting is a bit over the top but at least mouths are in sync with dialogues. Music is quite good and not obtrusive. I liked the artwork and overall atmosphere of the game.

Adventure gameplay has you picking up clues and inventory items and HO scenes are a bit junk-piled, standard list of items with some minor interaction. Puzzles are somewhat challenging to solve and mini-games are quick and easy to solve. A bit more challenge or variation would have been better. I do think its time for all game developers to get on board with adding a variety in HO scenes and coming up with more clever mini-games to solve. There is a slight case of "Seen that and Done that".

Still the story has merit and once you get into the gameplay, you are drawn into a cat and mouse chase which becomes interesting. I played the demo at hard-core level and was pleasantly surprised as to how many times I got stuck and had to resort to the SG. This is definitely a good sign and has warranted me to continue. Of course there are the extras that needs mentioning, collectables (30 posters scattered throughout each scene and easy to find) along with a list of achievements.

A well rounded game that does have some bells and whistles but also could have been alot more interesting. Like I said, a bit of a déjà vue feeling while playing, familiar scenes and familiar gameplay. Nevertheless, a sequel to an interesting story that does have me scratching while playing as I do have a slight aversion to spiders. Have a nice week-end.

posted in Small Town Terrors: Pilgrim's Hook Collector's Edition on Apr 13, 13 12:43 AM
yet again another slow loader

tried to load eotd thursday took 8hrs then black screen downloaded again friday 8mins great oh no black screen again give up

i have 1coupen credit 1 game credit but still wont let me use them for above game can anyone advice why not

posted in Midnight Mysteries 3: Devil on the Mississippi on Jun 25, 11 2:52 AM
game would not start came up debug report any ideas

posted in Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock on May 14, 11 7:44 AM
white screen only anything i could try

got over ten thousand and got gold i thought you would then place the tiara i was wrong

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator