Posts created by Itsupikachu

I haven't played the trial, yet, but I, too, look for your reviews, Poodlebear, as they are always well written which makes it much easier to decide whether the game might be likeable or not. Thanks and I hope you feel better, too!!

posted in Age Of Oracles: Tara`s Journey on Sep 24, 09 1:36 PM
I did download the trial and played a few minutes but I didn't finish it. The game is very colorful, I love the talking peacock and I really enjoy HOG/Adventure games, but, as with many of the games that are made, it deals with the occult, which really disappoints me. I don't understand why so many of the games seem to have something relating to witchcraft and the occult. Yet, it seems there would be a real objection to anything with a Biblical story as a theme. I wish I knew why. Oh, well. Anyway, due to the reasons given, I won't be buying this one. At least this one had occult references in the first part of the game, so you know. I have purchased games that didn't have any reference to that subject until later, after the trial period ended.

posted in Iron Roses on Sep 23, 09 11:55 AM
I don't think I'll even play the trial of this one. From the reviews I read, especially yours, Pooldlebear, it doesn't sound at all like a game that would interest me. I really appreciate the reviews of the games. What all of you have to say helps me to know whether a particular game would be one I would like and one I could play. Thanks to all of you great reviewers!!

posted in Enlightenus on Sep 20, 09 7:21 PM
puzzledone wrote:Congrats itsup!!! Third time a charm? I too played twice needing a walkthrough in some spots when it came out. Funny, we must be on the same wavelength because when nothing new last night I'd want to play I got drawn back for a new go at Enlightenus too to see how far I'd get.

No such luck, wasn't far before I got in another loop trying to follow arrows and had to find walkthrough again to see where I went wrong. It is maddening when I do very good working all the scenes and puzzles then can't find my way back or to the next scene. RTR and Drawn, same crazy making. It's an impaired memory for me, if I can't remember how I got somewhere I can't backtrack without a map and go in circle with the arrows.

It's a wonderful game, different from all others, so much fun thinking things thru to match up and put items back. I love it, rarely even need hints, but just regret all the time I waste trying to find my way around. Wish me luck on the third try. Okay, fourth. Maybe I'll quit and start new, you've inspired me.

Hi Puzzledone,

Thanks! I'm sure you'll be able to complete the game, too. I guess it just take people like you and me a few times trying before we finally get it but that's okay. As for RTR, I still haven't been able to master that one. I don't know if I ever will. To me it's more difficult than Enlightenus.. If you ever master RTR, let me know. As for Drawn, I only played the trial. I didn't buy it. Anyway, the best of luck to you with Enlightenus and HAPPY GAMING!!!

posted in Enlightenus on Sep 20, 09 2:08 PM
After the third try, I was finally able to finish the entire game without using the walk-through which is a real accomplishment for me! The first and second times I got stuck and totally lost and even the walk-through was no help so, I decided to try it one more time from the beginning and I did it!! Now, I can't wait for the sequel!!!

posted in Travel League: The Missing Jewels on Sep 19, 09 1:27 PM
I just downloaded the game but after reading all your reviews (I"m glad I read them before I started playing it!) I think I'll just uninstall it without playing it at all. I don't want my desktop messed up. It sounds like this game has some real glitches in it. I hope BF get some other good games soon like Adventure Chronicals, Samatha Swift, Magic Encyclopedia-games like that. I haven't seen any really good ones like those, just lately, have you? I realize that a lot goes into making games but I'm also glad BF lowered the price on their games because it makes it much easier for those of us with limited and fixed incomes to be able to buy them.

posted in Lost City of Z: Special Edition on Sep 17, 09 2:32 PM
Overall, I think the game is a good one but like most of you, the "grabbing" message is irritating. I had no real trouble with the trial I played as there are plenty of hints and if you click on an item, a picture is shown. Most of the objects are pretty easy to find. I like the game but it isn't as good as the Samantha Smith games or Adventure Chronicals. I doubt that I would buy it unless I was desperate for something new and nothing better was available.

posted in Pantheon on Sep 16, 09 2:17 PM
I just tried the demo of this game and while match-3 games aren't my favorite kinds of games, this one is better than some. For one thing there is a timeless mode as well as a timed mode. I think all games should have both modes to choose from. I think more people would be interested in more of the games if they had a choice. Some people just cannot play the timed ones and I am one of them. (I really liked Babylonia but I wouldn't buy it because it doesn't have a timeless, ie. relaxed mode). Pantheon is also a colorful game with good graphics. I don't know if I'll buy it, though, because I'm really into the hidden object/adventure games.

posted in Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch on Sep 15, 09 5:10 PM
I've been playing this game for awhile but I had to stop long enough to say how much I'm enjoying it.
I know it's not one of the newest games but I just bought it with a game club credit. I tried the demo awhile back and didn't care much for it but that's before I had any experience playing Hidden Object games that included adventure. So far I haven't had any trouble and have only had to use some hints. I haven't need to use the walk-through at all. This one is turning out to be one of my favorite games.
It's fantastic-colorful and the graphics are great. The music is nice, too. An all-around great game. I give it .

posted in Can You See What I See? on Sep 13, 09 6:07 PM
annatar wrote:
Itsupikachu wrote:Hi lla,

I did play the trial of this game awhile back but I didn't care much for it. The scenes you look for objects in are really cluttered and many of the objects are very small and hard to find. Did you watch the short video BF has for the game? I suggest you watch it and also play the trial, if you have time or ask your daughter to play it before you decide to purchase it. Hope this helps. Good luck and let me know!

On each level, the overview pictures *may* look a bit cluttered with tiny objects, but the point is to zoom in to each quadrant of the big picture. Everything looks clear and easy to view then. Not cluttery and not too small.

I'm definetely an adult, Ila, and I enjoyed it so much that I bought it. It's difficult to say just how your daughter will like it, but I found it challenging enough. Especially since you only get one hint in each picture, and you end each level with guessing a riddle without any hints at all - and those riddles are definetely not easy. I had to go to the forums to look for hints for those riddles....

My advice to you, Ila, is: Try it since its so cheap today. It's not too easy and not too difficult... at least that's my opinion.

Hi Annatar,

Thanks for clarifying that aspect of the game. I forgot about that as it has been sometime since I played the trial.

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Sep 13, 09 3:58 PM
This is sort of an update to what I posted earlier. I did play the trial and think it's a beautiful game-very colorful and all but since my last post I learned that it contains occult themes so, for that reason, I wouldn't buy this one. I hope BF will offer some good hidden object/adventure games without any occult items in them.

posted in Can You See What I See? on Sep 13, 09 2:34 PM
Hi lla,

I did play the trial of this game awhile back but I didn't care much for it. The scenes you look for objects in are really cluttered and many of the objects are very small and hard to find. Did you watch the short video BF has for the game? I suggest you watch it and also play the trial, if you have time or ask your daughter to play it before you decide to purchase it. Hope this helps. Good luck and let me know!

posted in Bumble Tales on Sep 13, 09 2:22 PM
I didn't care for this one for much the same reasons as others of you mentioned. I do like some match 3 games but my main interest is the hidden object/adventure ones. I just could not get interested in this one. One of the things that irritated me, was you no longer get a very few matches and all of a sudden the score screen interrupts the game and along with it buying items for the game, etc. I didn't like that.
It wouldn't be so bad if it only showed up in between levels. It would be good for kids, though.

posted in Pirateville on Sep 12, 09 11:18 AM
Hi Tayers and Auntann,

Thank you for replying to my question as to the number of levels in Pirateville. I'm really surprised that so few people wrote comments on this game and it doesn't have a "popular" icon by it in the Hidden Object list. I don't understand why. I like the game and have thought of buying it. Now, I know I will since it's today's toolbar special. For that price you can't go wrong! Again, thanks!!

posted in Steve the Sheriff 2: The Case of the Missing Thing ™ on Sep 11, 09 1:40 PM
I played the trial and it's a likeable game. It's colorful and cute but I'm not sure I'd buy it. I like the interaction with tools, etc. in games like Adventure Chronicals better. I'll give it 3 1/2

posted in Keys to Manhattan on Sep 9, 09 12:33 PM
I'm not very impressed with this game. I like games that have you find items that interact with other items like lighting a match to light a fire, etc. Other than a little different way of finding items, this game is basically just a hidden object game. While you do place pieces of furniture in rooms it's nothing really challenging. I like some challenge-not so much that I get really frustrated-just enough that requires a little thinking. I've only played the first 30 minutes of the trial and I'll probably finish it but I doubt my opinion will change. I'll give it 3 but I don't think I'll buy this one.

posted in Enlightenus on Sep 5, 09 7:42 PM
I got pretty far with this game, I think, the first time but then I got stuck and even the walk-through wasn't much help. So, I decided to start the game over from the beginning and I'm still stuck. Makes me wonder if I'll ever be able to master it. One problem is the gear. I cannot find where it goes and the path through all the rooms is SO confusing. There aren't even any hints to help guide you. I really enjoyed what I was able to play but, now, I don't know. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!!! THANKS!!

posted in EcoRescue: Project Rainforest on Sep 5, 09 2:21 PM
I have to agree with all of you. This game, while cute and colorful, is too easy, even for me! It's perfect for kids, though. It's nice game but one I will have to pass up.

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Sep 4, 09 1:24 PM
I just played the trial and had 10 minutes left to go when I had the same experience as Bruce H. I was taken to the checkout to purchase the game. I'm not ready to purchase it, yet. That is the first time such a thing has happened to me. Otherwise, yes, I do like the game. The graphics are BEAUTIFUL and, so far, I am able to play the game, with the help of hints, that is. It does appear to be a great game!!

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Sep 4, 09 12:12 PM
I just finished reading all the reviews posted so far and this sounds like a winner. I After reading all the ratings, I'm going to download the trial right now! Thanks for all the well-written reviews!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator