Posts created by thurber

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 28, 14 3:22 AM
The boss??? Oh, I like that, daisy (head begins to swell as she types)! We shall of course, hold meetings on Tuesdays in the PM (coffee, tea, and donuts provided unless someone cares to bake or bring beer. Cabernet?).

I'll get a meeting started just as soon as I finish leveling up, feed my dragons, run the rune maze, check my backpack for energy, visit and gift my neighbors, feed my neighbor's dragons, bang head on desk as I lose Ruby Tuesday yet again, and eat chocolate in despair of ever reaching the Magician's whatever and catch a glimpse of those cool looking dragons.

One of you, please come and drag me away before I fall into the groundhog hole. I would not be a pleasant site as Paw.. how do you spell that anyway... Phil.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 25, 14 1:02 AM
Now, you guys are just making me jealous. The smell of soot, the squeak of the train wheels - it's enough to make a grown woman cry. I have gotten nowhere with this quest and am very tired of seeing that silly man with the blunderbuss, but was quite atwitter that I got to explore the ballroom on the last quest. My first sort of success (since I couldn't complete it). We serfs in the two digit range can look forward to a fun time in the club car (or wherever).

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 25, 14 12:50 AM
So glad you're staying zs! I wondered why you gifted me today if you were quitting so I ran back to the larder and madly found something to reciprocate. Please stay around.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 20, 14 12:28 AM
I knew there had to be something amiss because you've been a wonderful neighbor. Welcome back! Wishing your MIL a speedy recovery,
thurber

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 19, 14 2:49 PM
Thanks daisy, for the encouragement. I was pretty frustrated yesterday and the frustration peaked last night. Glad you like my dragon nicknames, but the pink one is Molly. Ruby Tuesday is the third one I never seem to be able to get finished - therefore goodbye RT!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 19, 14 3:17 AM
There's a thread on here somewhere regarding misnamed items in searches, but of course, I can't find it because I'm tired (also lazy.) In the Boulangerie - pretzel = bagel. Really? Not even close, guys. I used all my little helps trying to find it. Pah!

I am also tired of wanting to feed the dragons of neighbors and having no food which used to be plentiful. This lack of food doesn't help any of us. Maybe I'm the only one who finds this uncomfortable.

I'm not at the REAL dragon stage yet, but I find it so frustrating to lose who I call Ruby Tuesday (as in goodbye RT) or even the blue dragon (who I call Sapphire) because despite spending time searching and accumulating coins, and spending them on runes, I cannot get the required one to advance through the labyrinth enough to feed her. Time and again I lose one or the other and it becomes pretty frustrating.

This can be an exacting and strategic game with no ending but slow progress through the levels. I like that. In fact, I've become so addicted I'm thinking of starting a ROM Anonymous group. At the same time, I'm becoming increasingly discouraged that there are fewer highs in my addiction. I see some of you other higher level players grumping also. When would be a good meeting time for ROM Anonymous?

Do I need an intervention or do I just need to relax and let it flow?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 18, 14 4:19 PM
This has happened several times to me as well.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 14, 14 3:05 AM
EweJoy wrote:
Matahari24 wrote:thanks EweJoy!
I really enjoyed the "patootie"! lol. I am not a native English speaker and I've never heard of it! It made me laugh.

Yes and, around here, little kids are "cutie patooties"

EweJoy, we are now neighbors and I hope I can be a good one. Dang, I had so forgotten that 'cutie' preceded 'patootie'! In another life I belonged to a group about Labrador Retrievers, and cutie patootie was the exclamation of delight that greeted every new puplet. It's a great phrase!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 12, 14 1:33 AM
Ha, MusicNat, I fool everybody into thinking I'm nice - it's one of my few talents! Actually, everyone here in Oregon is nice, even when it's raining ducks and slugs from the sky. You must be nice also since you recognize such a quality in others.

I saw your invitation and I'll accept because you complimented me and I'm a glutton for praise. I've been telling folks that I'm pretty overloaded on neighbors since I added people after I cleaned out my neighborhood last night. I have to figure out how to gift without running out. I'll do my very best, but if I get to be a pain in the patootie, let me know and you can delete me without me crying.

Matahari, perhaps it would have helped had explained what 'patootie' means. It could mean pain in the neck, pain in the elbow or the knee - it actually means pain in the ****, tush, derrier, etc. So how would you say that in your language?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 11, 14 7:56 PM
Oh what fun - a stroke of genius lsmalplz!

EweJoy, I knew you were from Michigan or Minnesota because you used the word 'patootie' - LOL!

I'm in Oregon, and remember Mrsdayrow, growing up is optional (at least for me). Rumbi, I'm Volcanic as well - 68. But I still color outside the lines.

How nice to see how international we are!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 10, 14 1:52 AM
Matahari, you're not there in invitations. Maybe when I get home from work tomorrow you will appear.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 10, 14 1:50 AM
Matahari - so what would patootie be in your native language? LOL!

Thank you so much for the invitation - I'll respond now.

Mom walks into the room: "Thurber! What are you doing up so late? I have to work tomorrow! "I know Mom, but I can't decide what to wear," she says, wringing her hands and hoping the excuse is passable. "Well, you are not going to be very happy when the alarm goes off tomorrow morning.........." Off she goes, still not knowing what to wear....

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 9, 14 7:19 PM
Matahari, I agree with EweJoy and you, deleting is a pain in the patootie. But so is bypassing all those sleepers on my daily visit and keeping track of who's still not out of bed, especially since I am easily confused. But on Saturday I'm going to delete starting the old-fashioned way. I'll write down continuing sleepers when I visit then delete them through Mangement. As you mentioned, the problem comes when two names are very similar and can't be easily read. I'll scratch my head over these, consult the wizard and probably not delete them until I can be sure I've got the correct one. Even with that, my neighborhood should get nicely tidied.

elena, I've kept ayssaura far longer than I should and I don't think I've received any gift from her for a loooong time. If you have, let me know.

EweJoy, if you wind up having space, my code is dYYyZG. I could plant spring bulbs in the cars and tractors. They might look quite cheerful with a coat of paint and blooms!

You too, elena and Matahari - my neighborhood will be too quiet after Saturday.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 8, 14 8:11 PM
Sorry EweJoy, I don't know about the neighbors you mentioned. But I'll be looking for new neighbors after I delete on Saturday in case you'd like a nice lady who keeps her lawn tidy and feeds the birds - you will hardly even notice the old broken down cars and tractors............

Maybe I'll wait on jaylow. I haven't noticed that she's been gifting, but I need to check before I delete her. Thanks! I've been trying to check at various times in order to catch the folks who are in other parts of the world.

Thanks for the compliment Clm. You're a good neighbor too! I wish I could give you more from my paltry backpack, but I hope the ores and flints come in handy. If not, let me know.

Oh, on my list, evelyn is back!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 7, 14 5:29 PM
Hi fellow adventurers,

I'm thinking I need to delete some of my neighbors who have been sleeping for three weeks or more. But I don't want to delete anyone who has been out of the game because of that pesky real life or computer issues. So here is a list. If you know anything about these players or you ARE one of these players and don't want to be deleted, let me know and I'll be happy to keep you on board.

jaylow 22
snookums 234
alsicalu
galitm 19
mcgregmlaker
srufaidi
evelyn06
dollyt
aioikim
worlddoesntknow
tgaudet 04
huglover
ayssaura 0911
rainysmile
jthaler
swallingsford
jay 226
hidenholow
tabbiezia

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 7, 14 2:47 AM
W&W, you mentioned the lack of dragon food. Was there an early frost which decimated the crops? Dragon food seems very difficult to come by these days and I feel so bad when I can only offer tidbits to neighbors whose little ones are starving and there is no readily available Farmer's Market. Am I missing a supply source?

I too, lost two dragons today. At my level, it makes me want to up my medication.

I don't do duels because I'm a ditz at it, but I have put on an extra pair of socks today because of the freezing.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 7, 14 2:36 AM
Oz time - that must be it! I thought it was because of all you guys in the NE freezing your ISP's. Here in West Oz I have had freezing problems today too. Kinda' tired of that. Can't wait until the Spring thaw. As a very wise woman said, there's always tomorrow. Gypsy are you Scarlett O'Hara in disguise?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jan 1, 14 9:54 PM
Here is a new one - at least for me. I had a hungry pink dragon. I fed her, asked for help, then left the game for a while. When I came back I was overjoyed to see that she had been fed 700/1000. I knew I could finish. I fed her 50 dragon fruit and all of a sudden her food level said 50/1000. What happened to the 700?? I had to start all over! Grrrrr.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 31, 13 4:49 PM
Happy New Year to the two of you who are very special neighbors! Wish I had more like you.

You've inspired me to begin to keep a list of people who seem to always be sleeping. Some may be away for the holidays so after the first of the year, I'll keep an eye out and delete those who continue to doze.

I'm also inspired to make a list of neighbors who never gift. I know I have one but there may be others.

Must go back and wish my dragon happy new year and see if she's been fed......

Many thanks, and keep inspiring me!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 30, 13 6:16 PM
I'd like to add my name to the flints and ore needy list. Like Tara and others, all of the items on my wish list are backpack items. But I know many of my neighbors are at an even lower level than I, so they cannot gift from their backpack. Therefore I get weird freebie things I don't need. When I started out I didn't realize how important flints and ores would become so I randomly gifted stuff (sorry about that, neighbors).

Dear and generous neighbors, if you are listening, please send flints and ores to this needy player (no dew - I will not run out of dew until 2020). Thanks so much!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator