Posts created by Black_Light_halo

posted in Shiver: The Lily's Requiem on Jun 25, 15 5:42 AM
My mom and really BGF and HOG. My first game that I ever purchased from BFG was Shiver:The Vanishing Hitch hiker.

I really loved that darkand creepy scenery, the game play. It was really fun and interesting. I have NOT seen another game quite like that one again.

I was very excited when Shiver introduced another game! However, I felt really let down and the graphics had changed a lot from the first. Even the story line seemed to something more from Phantasmat. I was disappointed with the game's storyline and felt as if it didn't hold my interest like the first game.

Now, with Lily's Requiem I could tell right away that story and graphics were something more along the lines of an MCF or Mystery Trackers than Shiver.
I played it hoping for the best but, I was greatly disappointed again.

I know it has been a few years since I have played the first game in the installment and so maybe my memory is a bit shabby.

All in all, you get puzzles, a story line, and HOG and some are very challenging too. I had even posted for help in the forum!

I am not sure that this story is something I would have bought if it hadn't been for the "Shiver" attatched to it. That is just a personal preference though. I'm pretty picky about the storylines and games I buy.

posted in Shiver: The Lily's Requiem on Jun 24, 15 2:59 AM
Is anyone else having trouble in the Hospital room cabinet?
They are 9 numbers and you have to get the chart to finish the "code"
However, it says that the code equals WXYZ.
I know that WXYZ is the result of the problems presented but they numbers need to single digit ( I assume) in order to use them to open the door.
If WXYZ = 6,12,5,16 then how I do enter them?
For example, I have tried to keep all the single digits as singles and I've taken 12 and tried 1+2=3 and for 16 I did 1+6=7 and tried them but no luck.

Am I missing something? ha ha Any help would be appreciated!

posted in Shiver: The Lily's Requiem on Jun 24, 15 2:51 AM
They are roman numerals. They can be a little confusing sometimes

4,2,7 (IV=4, 2 would be II in roman numeral, and VII=7)

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Apr 4, 14 6:54 AM
I bought this game and I've been playing it. I thought I was almost through but it seems to go on forever! I'm stuck and I cannot get any further. I have tried the forum and the strategy guide that comes with CE.

I need to somehow use the hacksaw to get the King chess piece BUT it seems that I missed that part and now there is no going back. I have gone all over the the place trying my hammer, my hachsaw, and my dagger but nothing works. I have read and re-read over and over again. To add to my frustration my HINT doll no longer works at all!!! She just lights up but NO hint!

This just seems impossible to go any further when I keep trying and not getting anywhere.

Help please?

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Feb 2, 12 10:35 AM
Ok Mr_Russ what the hell!? lol How did you figure out all this stuff!? I would never ever thought to look at their eyes, or the periodic table..guess either I am not that smart or you know something I dont! Thank you again!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Feb 2, 12 9:38 AM
I'm confused here too. I mean, I've got the switch but..I can't figure out what Im supposed to do with the machine.....

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Feb 2, 12 9:36 AM
Yes, thank you so much!

I'm finally to the end!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Feb 2, 12 6:27 AM
Mr_Russ..
lol Thanks so much! That looks so confusing but I am going to work on it and see what I can do. I'll be back if I can't figure it out lol
Thank you so much for all of your help!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Feb 2, 12 5:12 AM
Hmm ok..well then, it seems I am a bit stuck right now..can you help me by leading me in the right direction? And what about the "weather forecast, more rain" thing? I havent found a code for that yet, at least not that I know of. Do I have to guess?
Again, thank you for helping me so often! This is the hardest game I think I have ever played! lol

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Feb 1, 12 9:53 AM
Okay I am in the asylum and I have just crawled out the window into the courtyard. I do have the pickaxe but I can't use it on the manhole cover. There is a shiny thing by the window and it says I need to find a way up but I can't find a ladder or rope or..anything really. I'm confused because there really isn't anything left for me to do except fix the spanking machine and get the tears...unless...I missed something?

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Jan 29, 12 9:05 AM
Ohh ok thank you for all the help!

I finally got it!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Jan 29, 12 8:55 AM
Okay...I feel like I am failing at this game lol
I now have the fourth red pill and NOW I can't figure out *how* to give the red pills to the patient attatched to machine..I am going to keep running around like a crazy woman trying to figure this out until someone helps me lol I really do appreciated all the help though Thanks!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Jan 28, 12 3:05 PM
Is there a chance that if I did not see the 4th red pill that I cannot go back and get it? Because I do not remember getting a red pill from any sink and that would be the sink in the mourge right? I have clicked all over the room hoping I might have missed something and now I am afraid I cannot go back :/ ? Darn it!!! Stupid game!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Jan 25, 12 10:23 AM
Thanks for everyone's help!

I got the letters from the toe tags of the dead mannequins in the morgue. I took down the height and then wen to the Eye Chart and carefully counted from L to R. I wrote down all the letters and I got O T O B E. I didn't think it made much sense but I tried anyway, and I still couldn't get anything! I went back to the eye chart and tried from R to L and L to R again and again. Still nothing worked.

I tried Blood though and that worked for me...

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Jan 25, 12 10:18 AM
Wow, I don't think I have ever come across a game that was so difficult before!
Okay here is my problem, I have 3 red pills, 1 blue pill, a feather, a book, and wire cutters. That is it in my inventory. Now I can't seem to figure out where to go next or what to do.
There isn't anything I can pick up, and I have been trying to use what is left in my inventory but I can't seem to be able to use it on anything else. Also, I have opened up the next scene with baby wagon and the locked house. That is where I got the blue pill. What am I missing?

Please help, thank you!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Jan 22, 12 7:30 AM
Hmm the letters I got were

O T O B E

I don't know this is the third time I had to turn to the forums for help and two out of the three I had something completely different than everyone else!!!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Jan 22, 12 4:53 AM
I completed the Eye chart now-finally lol

But, what I want to know is this:
1. DO you have have to make a word with the letters from the eye chart?

OR

2. Once you have completed the eye chart thing, do you have make up words from the nurse's chart?

I am asking because the letters I got from the Eye chart do not make any sense and don't work no matter what way I try to assemble them.

Help please!!! Thanks!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Jan 21, 12 8:05 AM
oh wow yeah I got it haha

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Jan 21, 12 5:36 AM
Where is the 5th patient? I haven't figured out the code for the box that says "Speaker" but, I did get the code from all 4 of the dummies in the freezer but I can't seem to find the 5th one..help please!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Jan 21, 12 5:35 AM
Where is the 5th patient? I haven't figured out the code for the box that says "Speaker" but, I did get the code from all 4 of the dummies in the freezer but I can't seem to find the 5th one..help please!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator