Posts created by hunny89

Regarding the dice game...I was stuck for the longest time,,,I would "skip" the game and still not get access to the crown. Finally, I found in one poster's comments a different code for the dice. I completely exited the game, went back in, and used the code, "4-6-3-2-1" instead of the code from the strategy book. Worked like a charm the first time. Good luck to you all. PS: I have a 2 yr old Toshiba with Windows 8.

posted in Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove on Nov 29, 12 3:03 PM
I have the tool box (as well as 3 other items), and when I hit hint, the game sends me to the Electronics Shop. Any comments I have read, have said to click on the blue box over the TV to get a "close up" and then to use the tool box to trigger a game. Unfortunately, I have clicked until I am blue in the face, and cannot seem to trigger anything, other than Art asking me to show him proof he was at the Lane house. Any help? Please?

This game was VERY good, one of my favorite games I've ever played; however, it should NEVER have gone to market as it is. It should never have been sold until the shovel and chest glitches were fixed, and it NEVER should have been bought by any internet game site until they were repaired. I would think that these sites like BF would have testers of games to test for functionality before they purchase....and if they come across a really good game with just a few issues, they would let the producers of the game know that they would purchase it if the glitches were fixed FIRST!

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of Shadow Ranch on Mar 19, 12 5:19 PM
I have been a member of Big Fish for well over a year, but have not submitted reviews... by the time I am ready, at least several people have already said what I intended to say, and I feel I would be redundant. Unfortunately, this time I feel redundancy is imperative since Big Fish doesn't seem to be listening. OLD games cannot be released to us as a NEW game without making us feel like we are being taken advantage of! This Nancy Drew game is so old...I bought it years ago!
I have, of late, been looking at other game sites because I don't feel Big Fish is releasing as many good games as they were a year ago. Then, in a month's time, I could count on more good SE's, or SE versions of CE's, per month, than I can now; and it is VERY disappointing!!! And this is NOT the first YEARS OLD game you have tried to release to us as a new game. And let us not even get into the Syberia debacle!!! I dare you, moderator, to post this, as many loyal Big Fish customers must agree with me, particularly in regard to this game and other old ones like it.

posted in Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls on Feb 8, 12 2:50 PM
I put off buying this game for the longest time because of its small file size. Shame on me! By now, I should know that size isn't always what matters...it's also how well the game can play :-)! And this game has plenty to find, and plenty of puzzles. Next time, I'll go through the reviews a little more thoroughly before I pass judgement.

posted in Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Bane of the Family on Jan 27, 12 11:30 AM
angelfish106 wrote:I never buy ERS CE's since the bonus chapters are so short but I have decided to use a punch code for this SE, having discovered that they are far more entertaining played in hard mode! In spite of one hidden object scene pretty much after another, I did quite enjoy the demo. As usual the widescreen option doesn't work but I can live with the black bars down the side.

As it's from ERS, it would be pointless for me to go into any more detail about the game; if you've played one you know what to expect since they're pretty much all the same. Yes the graphics are lovely but it's the same old formula trotted out time after time.

Only worth a punch card credit because I need something new to play.

A HUGE "DITTO" from me, Hunny89

posted in Exorcist 2 on Dec 23, 11 9:15 PM
I must agree with you...these games are just that...games. And those who don't like the demon themed need not play if they do not want to be offended. I totally under-stand their wish for more non-demon themed games, but please, folks, don't assume you are in the majority. Many of us are fine with the games that have darker themes...as long as they are tastefully executed and not recruiting us to the dark side!

I bought this as a regular game in January of 2011. Why would any of us who did so then turn around and buy this at Collector's Edition price to only receive some bonus material? (because, face it, NO ONE buys a collector's edition for the wallpaper, music, or whatever the 3rd thing is...they buy it for the bonus material). Really, to try to make more money off of a regular game by adding this stuff a year later and re-releasing it seems...crass.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Oct 31, 11 6:55 PM
I loved this game when I first played it years ago. As an experienced gamer who has most of BFG's games, this is in my best top 5 for content, length, mix of type of puzzles, artwork, storyline, etc. I didn't understand why I saw it a while ago as new on BFG, but then realized that I must have first played it through the designer's site, and it was new to Big Fish; however, it seems to be being presented as a new game again...and I really don't understand that! Puppetshow: Mystery of Joyville, which is being presented this week is also not new...what gives?

Duh, no one would ask for another if the first were adequate :-)

posted in Chronicles of Mystery: Secret of the Lost Kingdom on Sep 13, 11 8:24 PM
I don't understand why, with it's length being under 250,000 (208M , this game is listed under the large files games. Someone not paying close attention, and assuming a large-file game is at least 300mb+, will be VERY disappointed with the length of this game. Some players, assuming large file games are listed under the heading of LARGE-FILE GAMES, may not look at the length of all of the games under the heading. Big mistake, if they're not listed appropriately.

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog on Jun 24, 11 11:31 PM
Thank you! I had same problem! NEVER thought to go back and use an item I'd already used!

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog on Jun 24, 11 11:27 PM
My top 5 (off the top of my head) would be:

1. Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove
2. Dark Tales: Edgar Allen Poe's Black Cat
3. Puppet Show: Mystery of Joyville
4. Mystery Case Files: Ravenshurst
5. Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull

Enjoy! Kathy

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator