Posts created by feenix2011

No time to go into details! My faithful computer (Windows XP), is on its last legs. There is always a question whether I can play, buy or delete a game when it finally boots up! But at any rate, I truly enjoyed this game. I thought it excellent in every way. Graphis, music, storyline, everything. Enjoyable. Many extras as a bonus, some of the mini-games had me stumped, but still enjoyed the game very much.
One of the better games I played this year so far!!

feenix

Well,first of all steven_san, I usually agree with your reviews, but I didn't get the match 3 games at all (and I am an expert match 3 gamer!!!) But I do agree it was a simple game, probably good for a beginner gamer. I thought it fairly creepy. The graphics weren't the best, the game play easy, the plot not so different, and yet, I found it a pretty interesting game to play. I got it on sale this weekend, but wouldn't have minded paying full rate. I think most players, other than the die hard HARD gamers, would be fairly amused with this one.

feenix

I agree with the reviews that say this game is the "same ole, same ole", but somehow it suckered me in anyway! I have a few complaints (of course)!! In a few of the HOS, the HO was SO hidden, it was actually partly off my monitor. And I have a big screen. Also, what is with the press pass ( or as I started to call it, the "pest pass" jumping out across the screen every five seconds? I didn't read where anybody else had this problem, so I guess it's just me, but how annoying. Over all, I did enjoy the game, played the bonus game, liked that there was a "normal"setting of play, not just a casual to MIT expert catagory of play!! So all in all, not bad. And by the way, I also am tired of finding zipper pulls!! I never saw so many broken zippers in my life!

feenix

I have been a Ravenhearst fan since the first installment in ?? (date It was just a HOS game, and had very rough graphics. Boy, have they come a long way!! I was surprised by how many negative reviews there were for this game. I think dollar for dollar, the Ravenhearst games are worth every penny. I personally like mini-games and tolerate HOS, so I can see the gamers that like more HOS may be disappointed. But the mini-games that are comprised of six, seven, eight or so different steps to fulfill the game, I just love!! Thank goodness, the Devs are giving us the choice of skipping one step, not just all. (as they started out to be). Well, I just want to say, I thoroughly enjoyed myself, maybe because I have been visiting Ravenhearst for so many years!! The last few games are definetly not for a beginner gamer. My only complaint is how many times do we have to destroy the "bad guy" - come on!! Let him die already!! I think the Devs should now quit while they are ahead. (at least according to some!!) Goodbye Ravenhearst - its been quite an adventure!!

feenix

Sorry this has a political feel to it, but as I am totally in love with Inspector Dupre and having some French ancestry on my mother's paternal side, I just want to say, I am enoying the newest addition to the "Poe" stories and love seeing Dupre again and am sending as many prayers and condolences to the people of Paris and France, and holding them in my highest regards.

feenix and please let it be!!

Sorry this has a political feel to it, but as I am totally in love with Inspector Dupre and having some French ancestry on my mother's paternal side, I just want to say, I am enoying the newest addition to the "Poe" stories and love seeing Dupre again and am sending as many prayers and condolences to the people of Paris and France, and holding them in my highest regards.

feenix and please let it be!!

posted in Haunted Hotel: The X Collector's Edition on Nov 13, 15 8:07 PM
Thanks, "dancemom1" for your review. Alot of the old reviewers have gone in other directions, (other posts somewhere), but a few of us old timers are still around. Great review!!! I have all the other "Haunted Hotel" games, from the very first (which is nothing like the last few!!) and have enjoyed them all. I haven't bought this one yet, but did play the Demo and will be buying at some point this weekend. I thought the graphics were suited to the game and creepy and the story line interesting enough to keep a seasoned player, as well as a "newby", interested. Will give a more detailed review after playing the entire game. Thanks, BF reviewers for all the varied reviews!!
Keep on gaming!!

feenix

posted in Halloween: Trick or Treat 2 on Oct 21, 15 8:19 AM
This is my first "Halloween Trick or Treat" game, so I don't know how it compares to others. But it certainly gets raves according to the reviews!! I did enjoy this game - was quite surprised actually at how diversified it was. I was expecting a kid game, but its much harder than that. I am not a big fan of HOS, as I've expressed many times, but these were so hard (for me anyway), that by the time I got to the mini-game at the end of the scene, I pretty much skipped it, as my patience had run out. I love puzzles,but the ice cream cone was waaaaayyy beyond my patience. I did finish a few games, but I like to do them all if possible, so I was disappointed in that respect. What I did LOVE, was the graphics, sound effects and truly spooky settings. Kudos to the devs for that. I also liked finding the gold pumpkins and the silhouettes of the Halloween things. I enjoyed myself enough to check out the first (?) one and will definitely try #3. Happy Halloween everyone!!!

feenix

posted in Midnight Calling: Anabel Collector's Edition on Sep 21, 15 8:27 AM
Home sick today,so thought I would finish the game! I truly like this game very much. When I first played the Demo, I thought it would be a good game for beginner players (and I guess it is to a certain degree), and even thought it slightly childish. But I bought the game this weekend due to a sale, and I was very glad I did. Loads of puzzles which I love, interesting and diversified HOS, and thank you Devs for re-doing the multi-puzzles, you know the ones where there are five or six parts to play. Being able to skip one and go to the next is wonderful. I hope all the Devs pick up on that. So glad to see Valdy has been reviewing again, and if she gives a , that's good enuff for me!! I also agree about having the choice in the puzzles to play on hard or easy. The music is very nice, graphics great, My only complaint is having to exit the game and go back to the Menu to access the Strategy Guide. Don't know why the Devs do that. All in all, I think this would be a very nice way to pass an afternoon (or part of it anyway!).

feenix

posted in Dead Reckoning: The Crescent Case on Sep 19, 15 10:29 PM
This is a follow-up to my previous entry. The further I went in this game, the more I agree with fellow gamers about the confusing mini-game instructions and the basically boring game itself! I am using all my Irish stubbornness to finish this game, but just had to quit until next weekend (maybe). Every time I thought the game would be close to ending, lo and behold, another complication!! I give the devs a for trying, but as another reviewer mentioned, the standard just isn't up to the other games in this series. Oh, and goodbye summer (sob and hello fall

feenix

O.K., I did buy and finish the game - haven't played the Bonus yet, but I think I have had enough cold, snow and blue colors for the night! I am really on the fence with this one. I do have all the other Mystery Tracker games, and have enjoyed them all. And I think, in all honesty, if my little buddy Elf wasn't in this game, I may have passed this by. I found the story on the boring side, the graphics aren't the best, all the extras are usually lost on me (but that's just me), and I agree with the good and bad reviews!! Hows that for diplomacy???!! The mini-games at the very end frustrated me to the point where I skipped them. Didn't really understand what was suppose to be done, but again, that's just me. I may go back to play the Bonus Game, but I can see that happening in the distant future!! Play and try for yourself. Its 50 50 for me!!

feenix

posted in Haunted Hotel: Phoenix Collector's Edition on Aug 30, 15 12:48 PM
By the way, I meant "gave" up, not "game" up in my review about the maze. Sorry, but that annoyed me so, that I had to post another comment!!

feenix

posted in Haunted Hotel: Phoenix Collector's Edition on Aug 30, 15 12:43 PM
I really enjoyed this game - didn't find it boring at all. Must be my old age!! Anyway, I was reading the reviews and the thread about the mini-game with the maze and the bear, well, that one got me too. I finally game up, which really P.O'd me, cuz I do enjoy that type of game. But just couldn't get past the bear, no matter how many times (25, 30, I lost count), I tried. My Irish stubbornness wore out!! Anyway, I did enjoy the game, with the exception of frustration with a few of the mini-games. I thought the graphics were very good, music fine, storyline a little far fetched (but aren't most anymore?!), and the HOS were changed up enough to not get boring. I do agree with "Bartsister" with the comment about the name of the game. I have ALL the Haunted Hotel games, and this has nothing to do with a haunting or really a hotel. If any of you have played the first or second or third Haunted Hotel games, you can see the theme. In the last few Haunted Hotel games, they have really gone off track as far as the name goes. Well, enough of that. Play the game for the enjoyment of it, and forget the name!! Happy Gaming and a Happy and Safe Labor Day for all of us that celebrate it.

feenix

posted in Dead Reckoning: The Crescent Case on Aug 26, 15 7:06 PM
Well, I will be buying (although I think I have a game club credit), as I have all the others in this series and I find this game fairly interesting. It has a few different mini-games that I came across in the demo and the music is fitting to the story. The graphics are not the greatest that I've seen, but I would recommend this game for beginners and medium players. Those "hard gamers" (I am not one!!) would find this game a bit boring. Try it and see for yourself!! What do you have to lose? its a free trial after all!! Oh, and Happy Labor Day coming up for all us in the USA.

feenix

posted in Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove on Aug 20, 15 8:36 PM
I think Mystery Case Files games were some of the very first games of this type that I ever played, so I have a soft spot in my heart for them. so when a new one comes out, I have to try it. So I did and I am not disappointed, except for one fact. Now I probably will in all probability (!!) buy this game, but as I have only played the demo at this point, I ended up skipping some very fascinating mini-games, as they required a bit of thought, and I didn't want to use up all my time, as I wanted to see what other parts of the game looked like. I suppose I will end up buying the game, using another profile, etc. Loved what I have seen so far, great map, nice voice overs, terrific graphics as usual and all in all, I would highly recommend it.

feenix

posted in New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition on Aug 20, 15 7:25 PM
I just want to finish the game - I have tried some of the suggestions listed here to no avail and I REFUSE!! to exit and start over, as this did not happen until I was almost at the end of the game. BF better fix this and give us a new game to re-install or I will ask for my money back. I was enjoying this game, but come on, enough with these glitches already. How long has BF been offering games? I have been a member since 2008 and every year it seems to get worse.

feenix

posted in New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition on Aug 16, 15 5:14 PM
Sorry, I actually took the time to read ALL the reviews from the beginning and I see now that the inventory thing is a common tech issue. You would think after all the same problems are happening, BF would have fixed it by now.

feenix

First off, I love Alf and will remain a true fan!! This game, however, maybe because I'm tired or something (!!), but it seems too techno for me. I didn't like the puzzles or the HOS and the story is not all that interesting to me. Having said that, I will give this another try (only tried the demo) and since I'm a big fan of Mystery Tracker games ( have them all!), I will recommend this game for fans of this genre and middle to hard core gamers.

feenix

posted in New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition on Aug 15, 15 7:02 PM
Read very quickly through problems gamers were having, and I think my problem is there somewhere, though the reviews were so convoluted, I couldn't tell. All of a sudden more than three quarters of the game, my inventory cannot be accessed. The cursor will not go down that far. I just received the "rope" that is needed for the next scene and I can't get it. I have had a few problems with this game but was always able to correct or fix the problem. This one seems to be unfixable!! I QUIT!!!
Cannot recommend this game until the glitches are fixed.

feenix

posted in Legend of Egypt: Jewels of the Gods on Aug 13, 15 6:44 PM
My, I should have read the reviews for this game before I bought it! I really didn't mind the game, liked building the village and all that, but I have been playing FOREVER!! after I got three (3) stars in every building. I too, thought that after that, you would be done, but noooooooo (!!)) ( a little John Belushi there!), the game just goes on and on. So I can't really recommend the game as an adventure type of M3, or some other M3, cuz it turns out to be, after a great while I should mention, just an M3!!

feenix

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator