Posts created by winkadink

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of Shadow Ranch on Mar 19, 12 1:28 PM
I have been wanting to try a demo of the Nancy Drew series for a long time; I always liked the books. How disappointing the game is! I do not understand what all the attraction is. But "each to their own".
First: the dialogue was ridiculous; it is way too long and tiresome. I don't know what the point is.
2. The grahics are simple, dull, not exciting, and bland.
3. The navigation of moving around and around is dizzying and redundant.
4. I played about 15 minutes and could not find but one thing to put in my inventory and then I had to circle around again to see if I could use it only to be booted out of the game because I didn't do it in the right order. What right order - how do you know what the right order is especially when you can't find anything?

Well, I could go on and on as to why I quickly uninstalled this game. But I know there are many members who enjoy it and I don't mean to knock other's opinions. It is just not the type of game I can appreciate.

posted in Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls on Feb 28, 12 9:08 PM
This game has good graphics and do-able puzzles. I don't always like it if they are so difficult I either have to skip them or refer to the walkthrough. There are some hidden object scenes and there are fractured items to find in each scene separate from the hidden object scenes. You have to find coins in each scene and it tells you how many you need to find every time. I did find the curser to be jerky and I needed to shut off the custom one. I do like this game but I would only purchase it in the SE version.

posted in Syberia - Part 1 on Feb 28, 12 11:12 AM
I just started to download the demo game and, as I usually do, start to read the reviews and comments while it is downloading. I stopped the download and immediately deleted the game due to all the comments. I always trusted Big Fish but re-releasing an old game as a "new" game questions my trust. I hope this does not continue to be a practice Big Fish will continue.
Thank you everyone for your honest comments and I am happy to see the moderator has not "edited", deleted, or "locked" everyone's opinions.

posted in Natural Threat: Ominous Shores on Feb 25, 12 7:06 PM
I do like many aspects of this game, but I am not sure if I will buy it. There are no voiceovers and otherwise has very little sound. The graphics are beautiful, not just all gloom, but quite colorful. The story is different. There were not many puzzles in the demo so it was mostly hidden object and using the objects to go to the next step. I didn't really want it to end, but for some reason I am not sure if it will be a buy. At least I know it is not first on my list. Try it.

posted in Depths of Betrayal Collector's Edition on Feb 23, 12 9:37 PM
I like this game a lot. It is a little different since there are no actual hidden object scenes, but as someone mentioned, there is a lot to do. I had to use the hint button a couple of times but it does help you find the next direction to go if you need it. There is a diary and then a task list that also helps. The graphics are good, though I don't feel they are clean and crisp as some other reviewers stated. However, they are very appropriate to the story line. A good, solid game that I will eventually buy as an SE (due to finances) but I really wanted to continue now. Definitely give it a try.

posted in Vampireville on Feb 18, 12 12:09 PM
What an adorable little game! Not the best of graphics but okay. But it is just a fun game with a fun story and characters. And for the DD price of $2.99 - what a deal. Enjoy.

posted in Ghost Towns: The Cats Of Ulthar Collector's Edition on Feb 12, 12 3:13 PM
Yes, I’d get this as an SE; I did not want the demo to end. The puzzles are kind of easy but at least do-able and are fun. The hidden object scenes are hazy but the items can be found. I think of "junk pile" as scenes that have absolutely nothing to do with the game and the items do not get added to the inventory; the item that does is one that is not in the list to find. So I didn't feel these are of the "junk pile" nature. The graphics of the people are illustrations and not real like but that is ok since other graphics are pretty good. Find the 24 cats throughout the town - things like this always help make the game more interesting. Not having voiceovers does lower my opinion but I would buy it as an SE or dd definitely. Hope you give it a try. I would rate it and a half.

posted in Farmscapes on Feb 3, 12 10:54 AM
Great! I have been waiting for this game to sell at a discounted price. I am always short on funds and usually use my credits on hidden object/adventure games. I loved Gardenscapes. Tried the demo for this here and at another site. Match 3 games are real fun but there are not enough that can be untimed. I use the mouse on a laptop and I can't always go fast enough or have enough control to keep up with the harder levels. This game is also fun because you help build a farm and can make your own choices to the decorations. There is also interaction with the characters and any time there is a cute dog added it attracts me even more to the game. Love it. Try it; you won't be disappointed.

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets on Feb 1, 12 2:19 PM
I found this game just plain old frustrating. The items are so small I find I just do a lot of clicking to find them. The scenes are too hazy and they all have grey tones so each scene really looks like the rest. The graphics are simple and not animated; not special at all. I found I did a lot of moving back and forth that was senseless. I was not impressed. Try it for yourself before you buy it. (I really don't know how I lasted the whole demo; except I probably was hoping it was going to get better but it didn't).

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart Collector's Edition on Jan 27, 12 12:55 PM
Wow. Just finished the demo after having some trouble downloading (aside: thank you moderators on the help). I think it is a great game. Widescreen, map, great graphics, good mix of puzzles and hidden object scenes. There are a couple of funny things in the scenes; yes spooky and eerie, but great fun. The game keeps you on your toes looking out for things. I always like extra hidden objects that bring about a "prize" so to speak. The hidden objects are not always so easy nor are they too difficult to find. I also like that you can use the hint button to help you determine which direction you need to go or tell you that there is nothing to do in that particular scene at the time. Definitely give it a try and see for yourself if this is a game for you, but give it a try you might not be disappointed - I wasn't.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart Collector's Edition on Jan 27, 12 11:38 AM
bfgRhone wrote:winkadink, try reinstalling the game. Sometimes your download can time out and instead of removing the game, the Game Manager shows the game as downloaded, but with its trial "expired". This can often be remedied by <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstalling and reinstalling</a> the game.

ToniD, I recommend getting in touch with with <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> to see if they can help you fix those run-time errors.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

Yes, thank you so much bfgRhone. I just re-installed it and it is giving me the free demo time. I appreciate such a quick response. Off to play it now!

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart Collector's Edition on Jan 26, 12 6:45 PM
I don't know what happened. I downloaded this game earlier and when it finished, it said the trial was expired. If this game is tomorrow's new game that has come out one day earlier, how could I have already played the demo? Sometimes my memory is poor so I keep lists of game I have tried and either want to buy or do not want to buy. This game is not on my lists and if it only came out today, I did not play any demos prior to downloading this. Does anyone know what happened? Should I try downloading the demo again? Please help. Thanks in advance.

posted in Coffee Rush 2 on Jan 24, 12 1:04 PM
I was very disappointed in this game; I expected more. Someone said in a forum for another game that this was a great match 3 game but I didn't realize it is really a time management game and the only time management games I have liked are the Chocolatier series ("The Great Chocolate Chase" excluded). I want more Chocolatier! There are some technical issues that kept me from doing what I wanted and did not make a match when I tried. Sometimes my cursor was all over the place; very frustrating. The graphics are simple and childlike, which was okay if I had liked the gameplay. Also, I did not know what to do with the sandwich each time it showed that it was ready. Are you supposed to give it to a customer and did you get more money for it? Well, anyway, it does not matter now since I won't be buying it and I won't even try any of the other Coffee Rush games as long as time management is included. But for those who enjoy this genre - enjoy!

Definitely a great game. A good combination of hidden object scenes and puzzles; and the puzzles are not so difficult that you have to always use the strategy guide. But yet they are not super easy. Good story line and you can click through the voiceover after you read it to keep the game moving. The story is to the point so it does not get boring. Unfortunately, due to my finances, I had better wait for the SE version before buying. Can't wait!

posted in Nightmare on the Pacific on Jan 12, 12 8:10 PM
I found this to be a frustrating game. My cursor doesn’t move where you want it to and it was always too easy to move to another room even when you don’t want. I felt the graphics are shallow, weak, and foggy The story is good but not enough to make it a buy for me. One time in the demo, it closed on me and when I re-opened it, it took me back to the third scene and I had to re-do half of the demo. I certainly felt cheated.

posted in Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel on Jan 8, 12 1:10 PM
I hit try this game and after I click "run" nothing happens when game manager opens so I can't download it. I attempted several times and I still can't.

posted in Steve the Sheriff 2: The Case of the Missing Thing ™ on Nov 14, 11 12:36 PM
I posted this in the technical issues forum (where it says "Re:New Build available now for Steve the Sheriff 2: The Case of the Missing Thing." But I want to post it here in the most recent forum in case anyone else has the problem. This game does not open for everyone. It says it has downloaded but it can not play and continues to say there are 60 minutes left to play. Steve is not a "delight" when you can't even open it to play!

"Exactly what is happening for me. The last time it was offered (October) the forum said it is not Windows 7 compatible and I guess that has never been corrected. Big Fish - you should not offer us a game if it is not compatible to all/ especially when it is a weekly special!!! And it should always be posted on the game description page so we don't continue wasting our time downloading, uninstalling, and re-downloading."

posted in Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition on Nov 6, 11 12:35 PM
I am surprised this game is getting pretty good reviews. The graphics are nice, but I had so much trouble with the custom curser I had to turn it off. It froze on my screen and would then jump to places I did not want it to go. I did not find the instructions to be helpful and one mini-game I wanted to re-read the instructions and it would not let me re-read them. Maybe it was not a good download for me but I did not care for it enough to unload and re-download. I also like a game more when after you complete a puzzle or hidden object a sentence or two pops up which explains the story line and/or tells you where to look next. I may not even buy this game as a DD; I have so many other better games on my list to buy. Definitely try the demo before you buy.

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 26, 11 12:08 AM
A very unusual game; love the graphics and storyline. Also like the way you interact with the scenes. I did think the moving scenes were annoying so I altered that in the options - is that really necessary? Also did not like how the screen would have to load between sections; this took way too long, especially when it used up so much of my demo time (but the little ship was cute). I also had problems with my curser. I would have to click too many times to get something to interact. I even tried to turn off the custom curser and it would not let me do it. The game itself was fun but with all the problems for me it is not a buy for the collector's edition. Maybe as an SE when it comes out since I do really like the graphics and unusual gameplay. but try it for yourself. Enjoy

posted in Steve the Sheriff 2: The Case of the Missing Thing ™ on Oct 17, 11 8:49 PM
Same here - I've installed and uninstalled the trial and it will not open at all. Why would Big Fish give us a DD that is not Windows 7 compatible? For shame.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator