Posts created by rainworm

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 8:43 AM
First of all, the forums are a vital part of the Big Fish game offers. If we cannot communicate about our experiences with a game, possible problems, glitches and the like, why would we still buy our games here?

But the company sees a financial problem with manpower to manage the forums. One idea was, to pay extra to help, keeping open them. No good idea, as members already pay. So the forums for members only? Don't know. Could be a first step.

As almost all distributors of games offer forums, BFG should not just eliminate them. Perhaps less sales for non-members could be an answer.

posted in Nevertales: Creator's Spark Collector's Edition on Mar 10, 18 9:26 AM
Front page reviews? There aren't any, though this seems a problem existing now for several days.

But this is called 'Reviews' for Nevertales... and what I read here is in most cases some lamento about many things.....

pennmom, good you mention it: the VHS tape! Lately I had a more thorough housecleaning and had to get rid of a lot of them - you can't really use them anymore. Perhaps in a museum with the according 'ancient' equipment.

But these small things make up to a loss of an otherwise earned fifth star for this game. I was positively surprised.

posted in Shadowplay: The Forsaken Island Collector's Edition on Feb 1, 18 8:31 AM
Just get out of the HO and in again, if this is not of help, so quit and restart the game. Had no technical issues at all. But these tricks help in most cases.

posted in Shadowplay: The Forsaken Island Collector's Edition on Feb 1, 18 8:29 AM
5 chapters + bonus chapter - long and full of action and fun!

posted in Noir Chronicles: City of Crime Collector's Edition on Jan 13, 18 9:16 AM
Nemo? New feature in this game????? A hidden 'find Nemo'.....

Or is it, it works after all this?

Basically this is a decent game. Won't repeat anything of the contents here or complain of anything. Would have liked it more, if there weren't those reminiscences to other games, that lately told a similar story (a sorcerer burnt at the stake, coming back...) It is not the same story, though very much the same direction. So I will pass on the CE and perhaps come back to have a look at the SE.

posted in The Unseen Fears: Outlive Collector's Edition on Dec 30, 17 10:07 AM
Cannot share the negative sight of the game, it has a strange fascination and I like this variation of the supernatural detective genre.

posted in Phantasmat: Curse of the Mist Collector's Edition on Dec 23, 17 8:57 AM
For me, the Curse of the Mist is a good game. It is rather short and - indeed - no morphing objects, just the very easy to find 'DNA' - ok with me, as I'm not the collectible hunter, though a CE should have this incentive.

The demo ended at a point, where the player needs to go on, provided, he/she liked the story so far. I did. And: the story goes on and I'm not at all disappointed with it.

HOS are variable but I like the match-3 variant, as the storylover in me wants to go on. Puzzles were quite easy even for me, who is not the puzzler. Like more challenging puzzles but for this more story intense game, the easy variant is quite suiting. I'm sure, others will not like that, as they are more interested in the challenge concerning puzzles as well.

Have not yet played the bonus, but hope, this will be good too.

posted in Phantasmat: Curse of the Mist Collector's Edition on Dec 23, 17 3:37 AM
Interesting post concerning Phantasmat - did you just choose the wrong thread?

posted in Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition on Dec 21, 17 6:19 AM
A really magical game! Playing as demigod(ess) with fire magic makes it even more enjoyable. But I love all features, this game has on its sleigh.

Hi pennmom, hm, these characters are indeed drawn much alike, at least physically. And Lilly will have red hair, later, when ......

Reading your review I had to smile because there are these similar appearances in the figures of all Dark Tales, the dev has this phenomenon for all series. But: Dupin's looks change! There are games, where he looks younger, in others older, then we have one with a roguish type of Dupin - so there is diversity at least in this one character!

But I like this game. It gets much better after the demo and is not a bad adaption of the literary template.

posted in The Legacy: Prisoner Collector's Edition on Dec 5, 17 9:21 AM
A golden bust from Diana’s exhibition in the museum is stolen. But this case is special. The guard, sitting in front of his monitors, is alarmed by a signal of the motion detector. On one monitor he sees an alien creature. Hypnotized by the alien’s stare, he sets off to the room, breaks the showcase, takes the golden artifact and jumps out of the window, then running away with it.
Diana learns about the incident, when she comes to work in the museum. The broken showcase holds her exhibition and she realizes, what is missing. With the help of the bust’s GPS code, she can determine its location and starts off to pursue the thief. The navipad leads her to an abandoned place. There the thief throws the bust into a dried up well. It is David, the guard, but Diana won’t question him, instead she goes after her exhibit first. At the bottom, the well looks like a decorated worship chamber. Standing in a ritualistic circle she accidentally activates a portal and falls into another world. She lands in front of an ancient temple. With no apparent way back, Diana enters the temple and meets an old man, Kitron, who introduces himself as guard of a dangerous prisoner, the demon Rhitoris.
We are back in a blend of fantastic sci-fi with co-existing worlds. Diana enters through a portal, that immediately closes. On the one hand our protagonist finds her way via modern devices as navipads but is trapped in an ancient culture, where she has to meet challenges without the technical achievements. It is more an adventure game with more challenging mini games and mult-layered HOS mostly. The animations, artwork, and graphics are simply beautiful. Music is suiting and I like the characters. Diana is not drawn as a hero, able to answer all challenges without batting an eyelid. So it is easy to follow her as the protagonist in finding a way out of this world as well as keeping her own one save of danger.
Not necessary to mention, that I have bought the game. It is worth 5 stars, no question!

posted in Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge on Dec 4, 17 6:00 AM
when trying to enter the code (birthday, before photographed from calendar) for the cupboard, the exact numbers 3 11 17 are not taken as correct - what now? Game cannot go on without succeeding here!

posted in Danse Macabre: A Lover's Pledge Collector's Edition on Dec 2, 17 7:55 AM
Boring? Hm, yes. Must admit, wasn't blown away but didn''t expect to be. The first 2 games in this series were good. Then, as you say pennmom, the cookie cutter devil came up and I lost interest.

But I have read, this game is the last one, so I played the demo. Of course, sort of love story, only this time the lovers are dead already. The man, we see in the intro, was apparently killed in the ambush at the station and Andrea, who committed suicide, seems to have done so, because of her broken heart. When we arrive at the theatre, Andrea's sister (twin sister?)Julia is determined to perform in honor of the dead. Not too easy for her, as a colleague and a ghost are not too keen on her performance.
Julia thinks, we are a master costume designer, so she lets us mend her dress, but it is open, if we really are one. Nevertheless, we do the dress job and behind the stage we learn about strange things going on at the theatre. According to rumors, there is paranormal activity at work. Do we believe it? Not really, as we find the colleague Clementine dead in the instrument chamber, killed. But when Julia is drawn up to the catwalk by the cable winch for requisites, we are confronted with the ghost.
He is clearly after Julia, who he apparently mistakes for her dead sister........
Try it, if you like. HOS and puzzles were the usual fare for this series, so nothing breathtaking or especially creative.

Problem with the hint button: Could be, you have deabled the hint, when reducing the time for reload! There you have to be careful. 10 sec is the smallest unit here, more unables it.

riverdiver, I love your post! Played the whole game and have a warning for you: wait till the end, then, in about the last chapter, you will be really surprised!

I love this game too and played in one session, not caring about time. ... and I didn't wear socks.

But nobody would want a MCF a fairy tale????????

posted in Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest Collector's Edition on Nov 18, 17 1:52 AM
The dreampath leads us into fantasyland for the third time now and magic will again play a decisive role.
Playing as apprentice of court wizard Regis, we are in the realm of King Altus. A widowed king with two sons, one of which he had to banish from the kingdom for killing his elder brother. Now he has fallen under the influence of dark magic . Ill and not himself anymore, he is under the impression, Regis had attempted to murder him. He condems the wizard to death. As Regis’ appentrice you are arrested as well. From your cell you can see the execution of your master. When the executioner lifts the axe to decapitate the delinquent, a large blue bird circles low in the air over the scene and with the blade only inches away from the wizard’s neck, he simply vanishes!
Of course Regis is not guilty of a murder attempt and was framed by the same dark forces, which hold the king in their grip. You need to escape your prison and find Regis. Together you will locate the true enemy.
This is a pure fantasy game with all the features, you wish for in the genre. We have an opulent scenery, dazzling colors, a rich overall design and a fantastic story of black and white magic. As an apprentice to the magic profession, you will use glyphs to achieve the one or other goal. But fortunately the game renounces of gimmicks or gadgets. HOS are variable and creative, puzzles more on the easy side. But the plot unfolds rather fast and the story is not new but fascinating and charmingly told.

though not my preferred genre, I give in to the charme of the´is game"

I gave the game 5 stars - for the demo! Had I played on, and met a talking skull and other features, I would have rated it down. But I was warned, what the developer had hidden behind the veil and only unpacked after the demo. Not fair.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator