Posts created by Gussie3319

tlhwest wrote:I have a problem. I put the two winged statuettes on the appropriate place in the tower dungeon, but for some reason the game kicked me out of the close view before I could pick up the golden feather. Now I can't go any further in the game.
Any ideas?

I have the same problem. Help! I now cannot complete the game because I do not have the gold feather.

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship on Dec 10, 13 11:54 AM
I down-loaded the MAC version of this game today - but my cursor freezes - as does the entire game, after several minutes. I am forced to re-boot my computer, and can play for several minuted and advance into the game only a little, before the cursor freezes again. This has happened four times in a row now.

I have a Macbook Pro 10.6.8 and have NO problems with any other game - what's the deal here?

I would love to purchase this game, but I would like to be able to play it!!!

HELP!

posted in Amulet of Time: Shadow of la Rochelle on Feb 29, 12 8:04 AM
Having great problems in first stages of game: the first scene froze on me after completion of first HOs, - after blinking red lights, then it un-installed itself from my GameManager, Game Manager then quit , and and I had to re-install everything.

The second start-up took forever, and then, when trying to place the lions etc into the wood panel in the first scene, the game stalled and I received the following message:[

string "curs = 0..."]:115: layoutWindow.location.setAlpha failed: Sprite not found

Game then froze again , scene disappeared.

Have you checked whether t5his game has been made FULLY COMPATIBLE for MACs/ Very frutrating!

I have a Mac Book Pro with System 10.6.8

fireflylnu wrote:I am not able to get the lead ball, lamp and conductor in place on the generator. The first issue I had was not being able to get the fly wings. After contacting tech support, doing the Dr. Felix thing, I was able to re-activate the game (I uninstalled it when I could not go any further) and play through the level with the Venus Fly Traps, Now I am not able to get the "lead Ball, Lamp and Conductor" on the generator. I have all three but they will not go on or into place This is very frustrating. I already started from the beginning after I could not get the fly wintgs. Has anyone else had this problem on the generator?

I cannot get the Fly wings, because after I finish the required puzzle which should open up a HOS in the snow scene (which according to the Strategy panel should reward me with these wings,,,,, , I do NOT get a HOS, Have tried everything. Please help!!!

fireflylnu wrote:I am not able to get the lead ball, lamp and conductor in place on the generator. The first issue I had was not being able to get the fly wings. After contacting tech support, doing the Dr. Felix thing, I was able to re-activate the game (I uninstalled it when I could not go any further) and play through the level with the Venus Fly Traps, Now I am not able to get the "lead Ball, Lamp and Conductor" on the generator. I have all three but they will not go on or into place This is very frustrating. I already started from the beginning after I could not get the fly wintgs. Has anyone else had this problem on the generator?

Oh dear silly me, I've just realized that IMHO stands for In My Humble Opinion.....

I guess I didn't know this because my opinions are so rarely humble............!!!

I agree with everything you said, but I have a question: What is IMHO? Because tou write that IMHO is a great game....... I would love to find it!

mycatluna wrote:Been away for awhile so short review as others have covered most everything else.

Not worth the CE price tag (unfortunately this is happening a lot more lately).

WAY to short for the , graphics are a bit outdated, Hidden object scenes are junk-pile ( -IMHO, a great HoG game has uncluttered, realistic scenes where things are cleverly hidden in plain sight. It shows creative inspiration and time invested which means I am more willing to shell out the ) As I've said before to developers: invest more in your game (innovation, scripting, voice-acting, crisp graphics for all screen resolutions, realistic environments, creative story-lines, etc.) and I will invest more in YOU.

I am looking forward to playing this as an SE, but this CE just doesn't justify the double price.

Happy gaming!

Cheers

mycatluna

Franky, I didn't see why so many people seem to love this game .

I find it unoriginal in theme. The illustrations are not well done -they are unclear and grainy, and the locational illustrations I consider very amateur.

The vocabulary is a far cry from being idiomatic or fluent in English (I want to "traverse" down the well, do I? Why can't the people who make these games get some quality control and have professional translations done? Nobody "traverses" down a well......

Again, to compare a game like this with the far superior quality of eg. Dire Grove, or Timeless, or any of the recent Vogat games makes this baby out to be something I definitely do not want to spend my money on.

I thoguht that all CE games had a walkthrough guide....can't find it on the computer screen, can't find it in the forum..... ??? Please advise...

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog on Nov 11, 11 9:35 PM
I have the red light on, I have the developer and the fixer in their jars, but I CANNOTpick up the pipette to load and fill the trays. Have been trying for hours......please help!!

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog on Nov 10, 11 5:43 PM
I also don't know where to get the PHOTO PLATE to make the negative...somebody please help!

posted in Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor on Oct 22, 11 12:42 PM
This game is one of THE BEST I've played The art work is superb - the scenes have a wonderful clarity, the puzzles are good, and the Hints option is truly the best I've ever seen - as always,

I wish you would put the name of the game's publisher (in this case Maria Glorum0, in the listing- one immediately knows the quality (or not) of what's on offer. More of this type, please (the game and the terrific hint walk-through style), although we can dispense with the omni-present ghouls and demons - sooo-o old hat by now.

I have the CE for Mac edition - and I too cannot remove the coal rubbing paper from the door to proceed.

Somebody please help with this issue!! Thanks!

posted in The Clockwork Man: The Hidden World on Sep 23, 11 7:47 AM
KathyGriggs wrote:
LuvDemGames wrote:Maybe it's me, but I couldn't find most of the objects in the first H0 scene, very frustrating. Played 39 minutes and dumped it. Just nothing to make me want to continue to play. Maybe it gets better but I will never know. No buy here.

I completely agree!!!

I do too - I trashed this poor game after the first 20 minutes. I'm fairly good at HOGs but this one's a tosser, in my opinion. Most of the ****'s were poorly drawn and absolutely impossible to locate without hints. Life's too short. for such cheats.

I too love this game, I have the CE , and repeat comments from previous reviewers who ask: please, more of this sort of intelligent game for adults, please, not always the dark ones with dungeons, insane asylums, etc. and such ghastly lurid colors ! This game is fun, entertaining, and has great charm. Highly recommended. 5 stars!!

posted in Profiler: The Hopscotch Killer on Sep 12, 11 5:54 AM
Ghastly. SO outdated - the (poorly drawn) characters are caricatures, the music tedious and awful. I trashed this game after only a few minutes into the test download. Sorry Big Fish - your quality control is slipping.......

posted in The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery on Aug 11, 11 6:25 PM
I cannot get the **** scene upon entering the mansion - like so many other people. Unless you reply to us all, with an answer to this issue, I would like my money back please. I don't want to pay for a CE of a game I can't play, this is ridiculous.

posted in The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery on Aug 11, 11 6:23 PM
kooshie1 wrote:same here......can't click on snake and now can't even get to that HOG..it has disappeared......is someone working on this?? It would be nice to know that someone there at BF hears us.

posted in The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery on Aug 11, 11 6:20 PM
CassB wrote:
Luckystar18 wrote:Upon first entering the mansion there is supposed to be a H0 scene where you obtain a lighter..there is no H0 scene as specified by the walkthrough. Any ideas??

I am having the same problems...anyone??

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator