Posts created by Dev_V

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 16, 13 3:23 PM
Hi tookat!

How can I stop checking this thread if there still are such useful opinions?

We'll definitely include reset button in all puzzles in our future games - that's the thing we've already agreed within our team. And we'll try provide some extra work on hints and insructions for our future titles too so I hope you won't get frustrated playing it

And thanks so much for your compliments! I'll pass them on to our girls - they'll definitely appreciate such kind words from their colleague!

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 15, 13 12:58 PM
Hi quarlesqueen!

Wow! That was one of the most inspiring comment for our team ever! I guess that one rainy day when everything will be falling apart we open the page with your message and I'm sure we'll find a way to break through all the obstacles

Thank you so much for your support! I hope some day we'll be able to pay you back with more games you'll really enjoy

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 11, 13 1:58 PM
Hi reddleman!

Thank you! We're really happy you liked the bonus chapter. Actually, it was a tough challenge for us as we want it to be more bright and colorful in contrast with the main game; still, the story itself should be even more sad in some way so it took us some time to figure how the game should look and feel here. And you're totally right - bonus chapter definitely must add up to the main story; that's how we feel being players ourselves

Hope you won't be disappointed with our next game! It's always a pleasure to have such an audience on your side

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 10, 13 5:03 AM
Hi Dominick_Fontana!

First of all - thank you for being so specific on things you don't like about our game. The reasonable critics is always welcome because it shows us the ways to improve our games so we really appreciate it.

While looking through the forum threads I obviously see some problems that may occure while playing NRITE; also, I've talked to many people who completed the game with no glitches at all. I suppose it was a series of misfortunate events for you as I see you was so unlucky to face nearly every issue that could emerge upon your way. I'm sure you could be a great beta tester if you wanted to! Now speaking seriously, I'm really sorry to hear you've encountered all this issues. I'm not going to look for excuses; I only hope that update will resolve the things you've pointed out. I also would like to ask if maybe you could PM me some other hints you found vague (of course, if you have time and are willing to help us with that) so we amend them for our next version.

As for strategy guide missing - I think you need to contact the BFG customer service as I guarantee there should be one in NRITE. There is no CE-game on Big Fish site without strategy guide, that's for sure.

Once again - sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for the critics. When we see such a large and specific post that could mean only one thing - it was written by the one who really cares for the video games and want them to be better. I guess we are on the same page with you here

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 9, 13 4:24 PM
Hi skamosha!

I'm very sad to hear what we've put you through with this swinging mace Actually, it was intented to be a simple but a bit different interaction - not even a puzzle or a minigame so we never thought about a skip button. Still, I'm agree with you - we may overdid this.

I hope that moderator will forgive me this little explanation (I suppose this one doesn't count as a tech-related topic?) as some people were struggling through this part. Well, you doesn't need to random click or hold the mouse button - the trick is timing. We thought of this as of giving a momentum to a heavy object hanging on a chain (mace). So, when you first click the mace it makes it's first swing. Then, when mace returns to it's initial position (but before it completely stops) you should click it once again thus swinging it harder. Then again, you repeat the trick second time (the mace is still moving!) so the third swing leads the mace to break the statue's head off.

I hope this little advice will help you. Once again - sorry for any inconvenience!

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 9, 13 4:03 PM
Hi lynne8179!

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered a problem playing this game too
However, bfgBaikal is absolutely right - you should contact the BFG tech support first as these guys are the ones who make decision on game updates. From our side I promise we'll do our best to provide a fix on their first demand. I hope that together we will solve this issue and you can complete the game!

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 8, 13 11:38 AM
Hi minesita!

Thanks for the review and your warm congratulations! As for changes - well, I think that refusing to change means stagnation which is very bad to any dev team. Every new project should raise some new challenges and new barriers to overcome; personally I don't want to make an assembly line out of video games development - that will just kill all the fun. Just imagine the game made by developers that got bored with their job - how will people feel while playing it? That's the main reason why I'm here - we definitely need to change all the time and you the players are the ones who can point us the direction. But don't worry - that doesn't mean we're going commercialize to the damage of the story or gameplay; we do love playing games by ourselves too much to let this happen

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 7, 13 9:54 AM
Hi housebound!

I guess I'm about to become kind of un- popular

No way - you're always welcome here and your comments are of much use!

I understand why you loved the NR1 - it was definitely on the bright side But this time, in NRITE, we really wanted to make it darker in sense of the story - you know, the kids have grown and so had their problems. But of course we didn't suppose to make the game that dark so no one will see anything on the screen

I can tell you that we always test our game on different monitors; we even have one old and dark one for these purposes. Our artists always keep in mind people who don't see very well - still, there's always a possibility we miss something with some specific PC/monitor. We're really sorry to hear that was your specific case So thanks for your feedback - and especially for your idea of adding the brighten up button; we'll definitely talk with our programmers about this while developing our next game.

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 7, 13 9:38 AM
Hi darkhalf01!

Thanks for your warm feedback! And since you're not the only one who mentioned the need of map with 'jumping' ability - well, we'll definitely discuss this feature with the rest of our team for our next game!

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 7, 13 9:15 AM
Hi Robcol!

What could be better than a rainy day dedicated to yourself? It's a real pleasure to know we helped you a bit with that! Tnanks for your appreciation

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 7, 13 9:05 AM
kaitlinn
Robilyn

That's a perfect example of what we're going through during the development process. We'd really want to make all our players happy but I'm afraid that's just impossible All we're trying to do is to make a good game, no matter what elements it consists of. If we feel the storyline demands us to use tons of HOS - we'll definitely do it; if we feel we should make an emphasis on adventure side - why not? But as I've told before our best option is to find the golden mean based upon your opinions - so thank you for keeping this discussion alive! We all know - sky's the limit, but we'll definitely be trying to reach it out in our future titles

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 5, 13 3:04 AM
Hi bfgBaikal!

Thanks for making this thread sticky! It'll help us developers not to miss any new questions from Fishies thus keeping this discussion alive It's always a pleasure to talk to you!

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 5, 13 2:58 AM
Hi porkyfish!

It's always nice to meet such an old-school adventurer as I am myself! I still miss some old text adventures a bit - think these were a great development for imagination! And we all are really happy to hear you felt immersed - that's the best appreciation developer can get

As for the innocent boy - well, I am a father too so maybe this SPOILER will make you feel a bit better

Do you remember the outro cutscene for the main game? The one where Emily ruins the Dark City with her brushsrokes? Well, so you might have noticed that on the final portrait David stands on the tulip field with Philip who is smiling. He now wears the white clothes and he finally got rid of his wheelchair as he doesn't need one. If you have completed the bonus chapter you know that Philip never wanted to leave the City as it is the only place where he can walk on his own two feet again, where he feels sane. And David cannot return to the real world as he's actually died in the car crash (I've tried to explain this to puzzledone in a spoiler part few posts before). So now they both stay in another Realm (which is not Nightmare for sure). I see it as David can become someone like a father to Philip so this boy finally gets a parental love which he was deprived in his childhood. It may not feel a complete happy end but at least both Philip and Emily has someone who loves them for sure and who'll stay on their side whatever happens

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 5, 13 2:37 AM
Hi Robilyn!

I'm very sorry you've encountered problems while playing our game I'm sure that BFG customer support will help you to settle this issue. From our side, I promise we'll do our utmost to help them immediately upon request. You see, on the current project stage all the decisions are up to BFG - that's why I cannot discuss specific tech-related stuff here. The only thing I can say is that we never abandon our projects just the day after release so we are ready to continue making our games better.

As for the game genre - well, we're the ones who just make games leaving genre definition to our players. I can only say that our game contains seven HO-scenes (including extra episode) so it's always you who decides whether NRITE is HOG, or HOPA, or just another adventure title.

Once again - sorry for any inconvenience!

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 3, 13 5:36 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys! You just can't imagine how inspiring it is to get live reaction from the players! I'd definitely spend here few days more but already now I can say the info we gathered here is priceless; it'll definitely help us upon developing our future titles.

Once again - thank you all! It's great to have an opportunity to talk to all of you directly

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 3, 13 5:19 AM
Persistent_Cat
Valdy

I know that some of our team members look through the forum threads too so they will definitely enjoy your compliments! Thanks for "spasibo"!

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 3, 13 5:15 AM
Hi ceruleanmoon!

Thank you for the marvelous feedback! And yes - I personally do like the credits too! And I know it's very pleasant to many developers to see their names on the list; but what is enjoyable even more is the fact you know players will definitely watch credits until the end and doesn't just skip them. So I guess you've got the point

And a huge "thank you" for the idea of difficulty sliders! I guess it could work out great; still I need to discuss this thing with our team first

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 3, 13 4:58 AM
Hi ravenmad1992!

I'm sorry to hear you've encountered problems while playing our game Unfortunately, I cannot discuss specific tech-related issues here (as I've told before, that's something BFG want to settle on their own and we have a great respect to their decision) but I guess I can drop a line on this here. From some comments I can see that our game is not that tech-perfect as we wanted it to be (which is definitely very sad ). But it's very hard to make this game run perfectly under every PC configuration; you can see from the game size (nearly 2GB ) that it's packed with tons of stuff which can cause some problems on specific machines. And it's not like we were going to release the game quicker no matter how much raw it is just to make it on time. I can tell you a bit more: we were going to release NRITE before Christmas which is considered the perfect marketing time. However, it was decided to postpone the game release on two weeks just to polish it until it shines no matter the missing opportunities. I'm very sad to know game still doesn't run smooth on some machines but believe - we've done our utmost to make it look good. If you ask my family, they're still sure I was living at the office for the last two months

Once again - sorry for this to happen! Practice makes perfect so I hope we'll do our best in our next game. Thanks for understanding!

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 3, 13 4:38 AM
Hi Hapless!

We're really glad you enjoyed playing NRITE - thank you for being with us since NR1! And yes - the origami is kind of our schtick Now I can hardly believe we nearly get rid of them on the early stages of NRITE development; it's a big success we've followed the voice of reason and just let them stay

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Jan 3, 13 4:30 AM
Hi AussieMoo!

Thank you for your kind words! We're happy the story has grasped you tight - that was how we intended it to be! Speaking of sudden end - personally I as player think it's not that bad in case you're not left alone with bunch of unanswered questions; that's when I feel cheated. But the more common situation for me when I play HOPA is when I think "oh man, I wish it already end". Of course, I doesn't happen in great games, but many of them just spitting out HOG-scenes one by one closer to the end so I feel a bit disappointed. I guess it's a real success for developer to end the game just the moment before player thinks it's already enough And I also hope we didn't overdo this in NRITE.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator