Posts created by crowtrobot

posted in Tales of Lagoona: Orphans of the Ocean on Jun 12, 15 7:27 PM
SynthpopAddict wrote:I'm not a computer techie so am not sure why that would be happening, but the forums aren't that great for getting help with tech issues as the vast majority of us are gamers like yourself that may or may not be highly computer savvy. It may be that your laptop doesn't have Adobe Flash or Shockwave installed, as some games run off Flash or Shockwave, or it's a driver incompatibility issue with the video aspect of the game.

Your best bets for getting a solution would be to contact BF Customer Support by clicking the link at the bottom of the forum page, and also emailing the developer on what the game requires to run. They are now known as Playcademy Games instead of JoinDots. I've gotten pretty quick responses from PG in the past when I emailed about another game of theirs. Hope you get a resolution soon, as it's a bummer when you find out games don't work everywhere.

Thanks, I'll try tech support.

posted in Tales of Lagoona: Orphans of the Ocean on Jun 6, 15 9:50 AM
I installed this game on my new laptop--never had any trouble with my PC. But the game loaded, showed the company logo and BFG logo, then went to screen that wasn't all there and couldn't go any further Uninstalled and reinstalled and still couldn't get it to play. I saw that there was a newer version that was done to correct a different problem, but that isn't my problem (had to do with clock setting keeping people from getting one of the trophies). I saw one person on the technical thread that had this problem but no one replied in the thread to it. I My PC had crashed and I had to load all my programs and I have downloaded this game on it and it has gone as far as starting the game; it doesn't look as though it is going to have any problems. I have been playing other BFG's on the laptop without any trouble.

posted in Hello Venice on Nov 26, 13 1:08 PM
Where does it say you need 128 mb or more? The list of necessities for one's computer for this game are:

Game System Requirements:
CPU: 800 Mhz
RAM: 256 MB
DirectX: 8.0
Hard Drive: 37 MB

Game Manager System Requirements:
Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or later

I just recently purchased a PC and a laptop, the PC with one TB HD and the laptop with 500 GB and both came with 64 mb video card.

ETA: I just finished level 12 with my 64 mb video card.

posted in Settlement: Colossus on Sep 8, 13 6:47 PM
I have played this game numerous times with no trouble and loved it, but this time I can't finish it by building the Colossus. I have the gold and pearls, and technically the ivory (it's sort of grayed out so it can't be used yet). I don't have the Rain Totem yet so I am wondering if that is required. But from reading comments posted in this game's forum, some things require time to pass and for that to happen, you have to do stuff. I have been to every location in the city about twenty times and still can't get the Totem or access the ivory to do the statue. I think I'll scream if I have to pick another berry Any suggestions, fishies? I don't want to have to start the game over again!

I shut down the computer last night and when I turned it on today I was able to purchase the rain totem. Don't know what I need to do to use the ivory, though, but will see if killing time will do it.

elldee2728 wrote:(My comments are based on about 25 minutes of the demo, and then the purchase of more play time.)

Good game! Storyline--we're a constable sent to Sleepy Hollow in upstate New York to investigate murders (beheadings). Pretty true to the the Washington Irving tale.

Actually not at all true to the Washington Irving tale. In Irving's story, Crane was a schoolteacher, and there was no real headless horseman. "Constable Crane" was invented for the Johnny Depp movie.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 7, 12 12:10 AM
All the clever clues in the world won't make a difference to me if the new MCF is as disgusting as the last one. Just release the game. I'm not holding my breath.

posted in Mystery P.I.: The Curious Case of Counterfeit Cove on Nov 5, 12 5:47 PM
Thanks for all the help everybody. I really got stumped on the finale!

posted in Halloween: Trick or Treat on Oct 31, 12 7:08 AM
This game is already available in the Spooky Sale for $2.99. Why have it as the DD as well?

posted in Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden on Oct 29, 12 7:07 PM
The graphics of this game are good, but they don't hold a candle to Empress of the Deep. Every time I play that game the graphics just bowl me over.

The cursor changes to a magnifying glass at odd times: sometimes just when it's over a fish, and when you click the fish swims away, another time it was over a crab, first it was a magnifying glass, then a hand, back and forth but never did anything. Confusing since the magnifying glass is supposed to tell you there's something important to look at.

I couldn't get into the story, another rescue-the-boyfriend adventure. What is it about helpless guys in HOPAs? I didn't get the third Haunted Halls game because I figured rescuing boyfriend Tim twice was enough and he was on his own this time.

Also we have yet another game with someone with glowing eyes wearing a black hooded robe. Do they all shop at the same store for them?

posted in Sable Maze: Sullivan River on Oct 28, 12 2:40 PM
I found the rune code for the mailbox in the suitcase, then found the mailbox. Easy, I thought. I've got the code. I pushed the buttons matching the runes from the suitcase code (there are four) but afterwards there were still buttons unlit. There was no restart button either with this puzzle. I went to the WT and the solution shown makes no sense. It shows the mailbox and the buttons and has numbers by buttons to show what order you push them in, and there are eight numbers. But there were only four runes in the code! What is the logic of this puzzle?

This one certainly gave me mixed feelings. Bodiless heads is a pretty twisted concept, but after seeing all the goings on between that and the people terrorized by a monkey-man, I felt worse about having to use a hologram cat to scare a poor little hamster into running, after I had earned his trust! (to be fair, he reminded me of a little chipmunk who has a tunnel under the fountain in my front yard, who comes out in the morning and runs around, and I played the demo not long after watching him sitting on top of a garden statue, apparently just enjoying the day).

That being said, although I am a HOG lover, I didn't even notice the lack of HOS in the game. It wasn't until it was over that I realized there hadn't been any. I guess that's a plus here, even though I am not an adventure game player. The puzzles weren't too hard (except he blasted monkey puzzle at the end; even resorting to the SG it wasn't easy because the SG assumes you haven't done the puzzle at all as there is no restart).

Not sure how bodiless heads talk since they don't have lungs; maybe full game explains. Or not. I do wonder, though, if this game is about bodiless heads or turning people into monkeys or both? Is this going to be one of those games where the plot leaves you scratching your head?

posted in Spooky Mahjong on Oct 23, 12 1:17 PM
Nothing spooky, just a few Halloween related tiles. You aren't even required to finish the levels, just get all the golden tiles.

I have a abouit a half dozen Mahjong games and my favorite is still a shareware version dating back to Win95/98 (it still has the nag screen on it at the beginning asking for money for the guy who created it). It had a choice of tiles, one of which is medieval. I still play that game and it's still my favorite mahjong.

This isn't a bad game at all. There was music of sorts in the first round, not Halloween type though but then there wasn't any. There's a shuffle button that helps, a help menu that looks like it explains all you need for a mahjong game. There are also three goals for each level, to get all the golden tiles, to finish in a particular times and to finish in a particular number of moves. You get a star for each (granted, you don't finish the level without getting rid of all the golden tiles, so that star is kind of a given).

Haven't finished the demo so I think I'll play some more, haven't finished the first section. There are six sections, and the first one, which I am playing now, has twenty levels in it. That's sixty levels, so that's a lot of play. And anyone who doesn't like the traditional mahjong tiles because they can be difficult to tell one from another sometimes, these are easy tiles to tell apart

Whether or not I buy this, I would recommend it to someone who wants a simple Halloween game to play this year. Even if you've never played mahjong, you'll see it's easy to learn the rules.

posted in Botanica: Into the Unknown Collector's Edition on Oct 21, 12 6:11 PM
I'm certain of my facts because I just finished researching real-life inventions for a steampunk novel, and telegraphs DO NOT have pictures. They never did. Just now took me thirty seconds to find the book and double check my facts (which hardly needed double-checking). When the devs can't tell the difference between a teleGRAPH and teleVISION, I think I'll pass.

cbtx wrote:This game, another in a series, typifies ERS' continuing slide into mediocrity. The quality of their games has been slipping for some time now.

-the story is absolutely dreadful! Dr. Blackmore is back for revenge----no explanation of how the main characters got there, nothing, just begin playing. There are many things to do, if you can figure out what the writers have in mind----beyond that, it's just all over the place. But the worst part is that the story is so convoluted that the game is simply not fun to play, just a tiresome chore.
-ERS appears to think their new style HOS of finding things in sequence is truly remarkable, but I don't agree. I think they're boring and they trivialize the point of HOS in general. I got tired of this style very quickly.
-some like it, but I'm sorry to see the puzzles getting too easy.

So, once more, ERS has cranked out another cliche-ridden, stamp it out as fast as possible, unoriginal game that I'm sure they honestly believe is CE worthy----but I'll leave it to what the character Tim says, both in the trailer and in the game itself----

"I'm so sorry for dragging you into this mess. I keep wanting it all to end. But somehow it just starts all over again"

That says it all, and I agree with poor Tim.

I agree with this review as well. And the fact that there is a new game at all negates the ending of the last one. The original game was a cliffhanger, so it was expected there would be another game, but the second game supposedly ended the bad guy. The way things are going lately I suppose there will eventually be a fourth game (Puppetshow, Echoes of the Past are two series that went one game too far to keep the quality up).

And what about wimpy Tim? Three games and in all three the fiancee has to rescue him. Why didn't they switch it around and have Tim be the player having to rescue his fiancee?

Will I buy this game? The original Haunted Halls game is my favorite HOPA. I also enjoy the sequel. Can't make a clear decision now because only played half the demo and have a migraine; I'll have to finish later. Since I have the other two games in CE I'll probably go for the CE here, too, because their strategy guides are excellent, and the other two games had good bonus chapters.

If this doesn't make sense, it's because of the migraine.

posted in E.P.I.C: Wishmaster Adventures on Sep 25, 12 5:06 PM
Sure, when I go to a magic place with flying pigs and islands floating in the air, when I need to make an opening in the ground I'll think of TNT.

One of my pet peeves is a game where no matter what you find, you can't do anything . You need something else. Pretty soon you have a long list of things you need and you have almost nothing in your inventory.

At one point I counted it up and there were sixteen places that needed something done/put in place, I had six items in inventory, and was able to find a use for one. One other item I placed it where it went but nothing happened--there was something else that needed doing. There was nowhere else to go, no more objects to find, and I couldn't work up the enthusiasm to keep playing. I think a good game has a balance where you find something you need then something you don't at the same time you find a place you don't have what you need, so you feel like you are accomplishing something.

posted in Triazzle Island on Sep 24, 12 2:26 PM
Used your advice and finally solved the puzzle. Thanks!!!

I found this disappointing. I love the first game in the series. THe second one wasn't as good but I still enjoy it. This one just doesn't grab me. Especially when you get the power of astral projection but can't get through a door because it doesn't have a handle. With astral projection it's the spirit that travels, not the body. The door wouldn't be a problem. Picking up objects while astral projecting would. You couldn't pick anything up at all. I'm not ruling this game out totally, but just not for now. Maybe I'll reconsider when it's an SE. At least the HOS are clear and not junkpiles, the way a lot of games have been recently.

posted in Insaniquarium! Deluxe on Sep 12, 12 11:10 AM
Valdy wrote:
I only own laptops, no external mouse, and never had problems using the laptop's touchpad with this game. I guess it depends on each person whether their fingers are flexible enough or not. But an external mouse is not necessary, IMO.

The comments I was referring to talked about GAMING mice, not external ones. Two totally different pieces of equipment.

posted in Insaniquarium! Deluxe on Sep 12, 12 12:12 AM
Read the original reviews and several people recommended a gaming mouse because of how much the mouse is used. Doesn't seem like much of a bargain to pay $2.99 for a game and then $20.00+ for a mouse I wouldn't be using for anything else.

posted in The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus on Sep 9, 12 7:57 PM
C'mon, you have to find a key to open something to give you a key to open something else?

The guy has been missing for some time and only now does it occur to anyone to look at his house?

Of course, if I find a magic wand while I'm looking, I'm going to be sure to pick it up in case it's useful (sarc). And if I find a mirror that looks scary (even though it didn't, not in the least), I'll be sure to wave the wand around in case something happens. Right.

Didn't last more than fifteen minutes with this one. Still trying to find something for my last free credit, then I'll deactivate. But I still can't find one last game. I can't remember the last time I played a demo for the whole hour and wished it wasn't over.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator