Posts created by moonweaver

posted in Chocolatier: Decadence by Design on Nov 8, 13 8:22 PM
FINALLY I finished the game! I got stuck near the end, but someone on this board helped me by suggesting I answer yes whenever someone asked if I was feeling lucky. I always ignored those questions because I thought it would involve gambling. But when I answered yes, I was given a new recipe (I was only missing one), and a new port opened up: the Falkland Islands. After that, the one in Central America starting with an X opened up. Once I completed the quests involved with those, I had a technical glitch developed. My money got stuck at $12 million, and I was unable to buy new ingredients, and if I sold my wares, my money didn't increase. Then once I was officially made the head of the company, I was awarded $10 million, fireworks went off, and I was able to buy and sell again. Though there are no more quests, so it would just be for fun.

Pat Fox

posted in Chocolatier: Decadence by Design on Sep 25, 13 2:02 PM
Well, it came to me last night to start over again, but with a different name. So today I did that, and followed the instructions EXACTLY. After I made the first batch of basic chocolates, I bought some milk, and was able to access the recipe for milk chocolate bars. I delivered those, and was given another order: caramel chocolate bars. After delivering those, I got the order for peanut chocolate bars, and then the test kitchen opened up for me, and I invented caramel peanut chocolate clusters, and named them after myself. This time, the ports are opening up only one at a time, which is the way it should be. So, if anybody else was still having the same problems I was having, I suggest starting over with a different name. When I get to the place where I need pecans, and if I can't find them, I'll come back and ask for help again.

Pat Fox

posted in Chocolatier: Decadence by Design on Sep 24, 13 2:46 PM
I own the first two Chocolatier games and love them.....never had a technical problem. But with this third game, there are lots of glitches. I have started over twice now. This last time, I uninstalled and then reinstalled. The first time I went through, I was allowed to invent a milk chocolate bar that I was able to name. Now, I don't have a space in the cookbook, and Felix (?) tells me he has heard of a bar like this somewhere else. But no matter where I go, or who I talk to, nobody tells me the recipe.

I wasn't until I had reinstalled the game that I decided to try flying to the locked ports. Lo and behold, I'm able to fly to any port, even though they look locked.

I have acquired two more factories, besides the original in Zurich. But my Tokyo factory is not running, because it is set up to make an infusion, which requires pecans, and I can't find pecans in any port. I have also been given recipes for all the truffles, and am in the process of making enough of each truffle to give to all the members of the board.

Does anybody have a solution to the milk chocolate bar problem? Also, to finding pecans?

Pat

posted in Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow Collector's Edition on Jul 20, 13 7:26 PM
I almost never buy CE's, but bought this one because of the BOGO sale this weekend.

This is just a trivia question: Has anyone else noticed that the woman on the title page looks just like Mayim Blalick, from The Big Bang Theory?

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Four Aces on Nov 19, 12 6:24 PM
I went back the next day, and solved it easily. Turns out I was looking at it wrong, trying to fit the puzzle pieces in positive space instead of negative, if that makes any sense. :::::::::::::::::::smacks forehead with hand::::::::::::::::::::::

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Four Aces on Nov 17, 12 6:59 PM
I am stuck trying to do the metal ball puzzle in the police car. I found the five pieces to the puzzle, and even after checking the walkthrough, I can't get any of the pieces to stick on the ball. I tried right-clicking to see if the pieces would rotate, but they don't. Any suggestions?

posted in Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters on Oct 31, 12 6:09 PM
I finished playing the SE last night, and enjoyed it immensely.

SPOILER ALERT:

There will obviously be another sequel, and I suspect from the graphic that it will be about Cinderella.

posted in Spyde Solitaire on Aug 17, 12 9:56 PM
Thanks, maxforme!!!

I was beginning to despair of ever getting any help. I will go back and try again. And probably again and again. Here's hoping!

posted in Spyde Solitaire on Aug 12, 12 8:01 PM
Still stuck on Level 16. I have been using the same strategy: not worrying about matching suits in the beginning. I have been varying my procedure after that; sometimes I use up all the stacks first, other times I use the power-ups: mainly deleting a card. But so far, I always hit a stopping place. I don't know how many times I have tried this level, but I've been working on it a couple of days, so probably at least 20. Sometimes the game itself tells me I'm stuck, and gives me the option of starting over, or going to the main menu so I can quit.

HELP! Has anybody beat this yet?

posted in Spyde Solitaire on Aug 11, 12 2:05 AM
Well, I finally made it through Level 15, by perservering. But now I'm struggling with Level 16, and maxforme was right: it's a nightmare. However, I'm going to stop now to get some sleep, and try again later. If you beat it, maxforme, give us some pointers, ok?

posted in Spyde Solitaire on Aug 10, 12 6:51 PM
I am stuck on Level 15. I have been trying the strategy proposed by Sim1948, but even that isn't working. I was wondering about the power-ups: is there a preferred strategy about when to use them, or which one should be first, etc.?

posted in Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues on Jul 13, 12 2:29 PM
I was so happy to sign on today, and see that the SE was here! Haven't played it yet; waiting for this evening. I played the demo of the CE, but couldn't afford it, so had to wait for my monthly credit. I've had the credit for a couple of days, but was saving it for this game. I look forward to it! I liked the demo very much.

posted in Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome on Jul 3, 12 1:31 AM
I finally finished the game tonight. I had started it weeks ago, then got stuck and went on to other games. When I went back to it, I couldn't remember much about it, so started over with another identity. This time I used BF's walkthrough when I got very stuck and couldn't figure what to do next, or how to do it.

I found the game very creepy, and I don't usually like creepy, but I admit I was hooked. Like most of you fishies, I got lost quite a few times, wandering around trying to find the area I needed to go to. In real life, I get lost easily, and I'm no different in this kind of game. If the map had transported me to areas I had been once, it would have been easier.

The puzzles were challenging, but I managed to finish most of them without skipping. The few I skipped were usually because I didn't understand the mechanics of how to manipulate the game pieces.

HOG scenes were fun; I like it when you have to combine two objects in order to get the one you need, and there were a couple of those in every Hidden Object scene.

All in all, a long and interesting game. I'm a slow player, so perhaps found it longer than some fishies.

But now back to the new Flux Family game, which is much lighter. I need a break from goosebumps!

PS: I also only bought the SE, so don't know what the real end is. But I'm assuming that somehow, Oscar survived, to terrify again in the future.

Re: the reference to Dorian Gray; in the original book, and the movie, Dorian Gray was a narcissist. He couldn't bear the thought of growing older, so made a pact with the "devil", so to speak. As mentioned, the portrait of him as a young man aged, and also showed the degradation of his soul, so he hid it in a closet. His physical self remained untouched by time or experience, until the end.

posted in City of Fools on Jun 29, 12 6:47 PM
It seems there is no middle ground with the opinions on this game. I HATED it! I agree there is humor, but as several fishies have pointed out: adolescent humor, which I don't enjoy. I quit after about 30 minutes; confused, wandering around, not knowing where to go next. No buy for me.

posted in Pride & Prejudice: Hidden Anthologies on Jun 25, 12 8:14 PM
I can't add much to the negative reviews. I only lasted 30 minutes. I didn't mind the music, but it was much too loud, and no way to turn it down, except to turn it off.

I have read all the Jane Austen books several times each, especially this one. As other fishies have said, I might like a game based on it, if it were executed well. This game is so rudimentary, it doesn't belong in this century. HOS items were tiny, with no magnifying glass; almost impossible for me to identify them.

PASS

posted in Emma and the Inventor on Jun 16, 12 9:58 PM
I also bought it because it was a DD, and I wanted to fill my punch card. I enjoyed it, and was able to solve the puzzles; no skip button.

Finally consulted a walkthrough for the pipes puzzle, and even then it took me a while to finish the puzzle. Usually, I'm fairly good with pipe puzzles, but this one worked differently than ones I've seen before.

All in all, a good game. I am slow at playing these games, so I didn't find it too short.

I played the demo last night, and agree with all the positive comments made so far. Because of finances, I will have to wait for the SE in order to buy, but it's ok, because I have several other games I can play. I was really glad this game is not creepy; I've had enough of that with some other games.

I have one question: how do you use the rooster for help? I don't know what to do with him.

posted in Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover™ on May 23, 12 2:26 PM
I will add my kudos for this game. Enjoyed it very much. Austin made me chuckle when he surprised me by asking: "I've been meaning to ask you, Pat: do you always play at night?"

And I do, almost always play at night, as it's the only time I have to myself.

posted in Escape the Museum on May 22, 12 1:13 AM
Never mind. I finally got the key with help from another forum.

posted in Escape the Museum on May 21, 12 9:20 PM
I decided to try asking again: see my previous post. I need help cooling off the key in order to open the door and get out of this room.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator