Posts created by kimistry

posted in Matches and Matrimony: A Pride and Prejudice Tale on Jun 10, 17 8:22 AM
I know it may be considered a relatively easy storyline, but I can't get Bingley to ask me to dance in chapter 6. I followed a walkthrough by "TheLostGamer", but it's vague on some points (needing at least talent of 20 by chapter 4, for instance). I know I need some specific stats for Bingley (other than the suggested 64 willpower and 34 kindness), but which? Anyone have any hints for me?

So far, I have done the following to go to Meryton in chapters 5 and 6.

Chapter 1:

Visit, Outside, Arts, Visit, Rest

Charlotte doesn't believe
Yes, dance with Bingley
Praise the ball
Be agreeable
*Liked Bingley as a sister (to get Jane to like me)
Liked his sisters

Chapter 2:

Outside, Visit, Arts, Outside, Rest

Compliment Bingley
Play Cards

Chapter 3:

Outside, Outside, Arts, Visit, rest

Not acquainted with Lady Catherine
*Question sincerity (Does this, perhaps, reduce kindness or something?)

Chapter 4:

Arts, Outside, Arts, Outside, Rest

Denny = Meryton
Play a piece
*Do not dance with Darcy (Does agreeing to dance increase Bingley's approval?)

Chapter 5:

Outside, Visit, Outside, Visit, Rest

Go to Meryton
*Do not introduce Wickeby (Propriety issues?)
Compliment Bingley
Challenges and joys

Chapter 6:

Outside, Arts, Arts, Visiting, Rest

(** Here, Bingley does not come to my home. What am I missing?)

*Upcoming dance
*Ask Wickeby

posted in Discord Times on Nov 16, 12 6:05 AM
Wow. This game has me beat from the beginning. I, and I'm sure others, need detailed help on each scenario. I'm wiped out on the very first one after the learning scenario (Quiet Harbor)! If someone has beaten each section, could you please tell us who you used as your hero each time, which troops you purchased with your non-existent money and their placement, as well as which quests and armies to go after and when. I think that would be tremendous help, since there are no cheats or walkthroughs. In essence, it would be a walkthrough after that!

The other help I've read gives tips on buying items and armies that require a lot of gold. I'm never at a point where I have more than 50, and it disappears the minute I step out of the building because of troop cost. Then, the time is wasted trying to collect money just to keep them in my employ. Even if I choose to take the gifts instead of pay, I can't afford new troops or resurrection in time to fulfill the quests. The point about leaving armies in a castle to avoid payment doesn't work here. There is no castle to leave them in.

posted in Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition on Nov 13, 12 3:20 PM
For the crystal runes: One rune will be darkened out, and you will have to click on it twice - once to light it up and the other to select it. Then, you will have three separate crystals that require 2 pieces each. Click on the crystal that makes your cursor change to a box shape of arrows, and put it directly on top of the crystal that looks like it matches - two sets will be facing the same direction, and the thin ones will be perpendicular. When they are matched (a clicking noise will tell you you paired them correctly), the runes show up.

I can't remember about the moss flowers - I think you get two from by where you stack the marble slabs to match the flowers, and the third... I think is just lying by the wayside in one of the areas. Possibly near the obelisk?

I had trouble finding all the glass spheres. Finally figured my pocket dragon would get me one of them, and it did.

I agree. It detracts from the game. Loved the nature artwork, and the storyline is good. Not the best, but good. I enjoyed the game, but would have enjoyed it more with less skin showing - and the heels were just ridiculous. I'm sure living in the forest the way these ladies did would have not have allowed them makeup, much less the S&M clothing. Please, if you want that kind of thing, patronize a place that sells that to get your kicks. Let the rest of us have a nice game we can share with 10-year-olds and 70-year-olds, and not be put off by the skin factor. Stop shoving it down our throats when we don't want it. The message should be that women are strong, and yet still feminine, without being sex objects. That is real equality.

posted in Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual on Jun 27, 12 8:35 AM
I would also like to know this, because I just hate full-screen mode for anything.
I do know that normally, on a PC, you can put a tag, -w (I have also seen -window), in the game's shortcut target to force windowed mode. However, since BF Games run from the wrapper, that doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure what your setup is (if you're using your TV as a monitor or have full-blown Web TV), so that might not help at all in your case.

posted in Secrets of the Past: Mother's Diary on Dec 20, 11 7:56 PM
xsar wrote:I wasn't playing in few days and now I can't remember where I was doing what. Every place says just "nothing to do in here". I'm SO stuck. WE WANT WALKTHROUGH

Edit: Holy Moly. Thanks alot to kimistry, I got huge help from your walkthrough

Glad it helped out! I actually had my brother help me with that infernal feathers puzzle, so I was able to post a solution to that as well.

posted in Secrets of the Past: Mother's Diary on Dec 18, 11 3:47 PM
"I posted a very basic walkthrough for this game. Once again, there was only one of the large puzzles (the feathers) I didn't bother wasting time finishing, but I asked a friend who is better at that sort of thing, and I'm waiting to hear back from him. So, I might be able to update it later, if I find out a quick way to do it.

Anyway, hope this helps!
www (dot) daipix (dot) com /games /MothersDiary /mothersdiary1 (dot) html

-------------
Link removed, but you can find it at
daipix dot com / games / MothersDiary / mothersdiary1 dot html

This is my personal site, so I don't have any ads or sell anything on it. It's just to help out because I know how frustrating some of these games can be.

Update! My brother figured out the feathers puzzle, so that is now included! Yay!

posted in Secrets of the Past: Mother's Diary on Dec 17, 11 3:00 PM
I posted a very basic walkthrough for this game. Once again, there was only one of the large puzzles (the feathers) I didn't bother wasting time finishing, but I asked a friend who is better at that sort of thing, and I'm waiting to hear back from him. So, I might be able to update it later, if I find out a quick way to do it.

Anyway, hope this helps!

[removed by moderator]

posted in The Count of Monte Cristo on Nov 19, 11 8:08 AM
MEnr56 wrote:

I actually found this one to be the EASIEST mini-game that I'd ever played because I only had to click 2x to move the yellow and then the green as the red was already in place

MEnr56

Can you give us some hints on which clicks you made? I finished the puzzle, but it took about 15 minutes and it was really an accident that got it. Thanks!

posted in The Count of Monte Cristo on Nov 7, 11 4:13 PM
lilyr wrote:If there is a walkthrough, I couldn't find it! There were a lot of us who had problems with the game, so if you click on All Game Forums (tab at top of this screen) and scroll down until you find this game, you'll probably find a thread that will answer your questions.

HTH

I actually made one myself, as I couldn't find one, either. It is very basic, but it might give some clues as to what to do.
http://www.daipix.com/games/CountofMonteCristo/

posted in The Count of Monte Cristo on Nov 7, 11 3:29 PM
I have created a basic walkthrough for this game. Most of the puzzles are random, so it may not be helpful for the exact problem you're having. The only "big" puzzle I could not get an easy solution for is the tri-colored circle.

Hope this helps some of you!
http://www.daipix.com/games/CountofMonteCristo/

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator