Posts created by juliamadeane

posted in Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope Collector's Edition on May 31, 12 6:51 PM
[removed by Moderator]

posted in The Scruffs: Return of the Duke on Feb 24, 12 5:57 PM
Ditto with all the others!!! Cannot move forward and really not thrilled. I was actually enjoying this game. Lately that's been a rarity in and of itself.

[quote=beckins
Hardly your bad. Obviously it is mine for trying to make the point that I am cut out of reviewing the game unless I want to play an hour now and then wait who knows how long (BFG's discretion) until I get to pick up where I left off. Maybe a month. six weeks? I have been just as eager for this sequel to come out as others have been, and I don't appreciate having to wait even longer still to purchase. Perhaps this fits under "comments", more than "reviews" but no worries, I won't bother posting again.

I wanted you to know that you have been heard. I have, at times, enough discretionary $$ that I could purchase a CE version of a game if I so choose. However, for the exact reasons you raised in your ORIGINAL post -- I will NEVER purchase a CE version of any game on this site. I know it feels like those who cannot afford a CE version are relegated to a lesser-position than those who can afford them. I want to assure you that that would never have been the intent of Paul Thelan, the founder of Big Fish Games. I am certain he would be very concerned that this is the image that this company may have been garnering with the CE Program. Here's hoping that he is still out there somewhere watching over his pond.

posted in Hodgepodge Hollow on Jan 4, 11 8:45 PM
NEVERMIND!!! Figured it out. Okay ... I was having a DURRRRR moment.

posted in Hodgepodge Hollow on Jan 4, 11 8:40 PM
I have made that hoi poloi potion 12 times now and I keep getting the black explosion when I try to pull it out of the cauldron. Here's my question -- when does it turn blue???

posted in Tamara the 13th on Dec 28, 10 5:18 PM
peglegann wrote:Wow!! We have a new gendre of game! TOTS = The Objects are There Somewhere!!

Okay -- you get the "Best Pithy Statement of the Year" award! LOLOL!! I LOVED IT! (The pithy statement -- not the game). In fact, I am not even going to try it. If Cherb says "no" and Goofy says "no" and Pegleg coins a new acronym for it -- it is safe to say -- I pass!!

Jules

posted in Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club on Aug 16, 10 5:59 PM
cherbtoo wrote: it , bought it after the first chapter finished.

C

ETA

Waiting impatiently for the next part of the story ...

Cherb -- what is your final say on this one? I tend to wait for your opinion if i'm on the fence about something. So let me know if it is worth a credit!!

Love and miss ya!!!

Jules

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jun 28, 10 4:16 PM
govegril wrote:Belamba and Tarbarme- thank you for the information on the length of game and the bonus level.

3 hour game and a couple of puzzles as bonus

I second that thanks!! I too won't waste a 20 for a 3 hour game and just a few puzzles. I can wait--thank you very much!!

Jules

posted in Vampireville on Mar 14, 10 4:40 PM
ingeash wrote:Can't find the right bulb, all say something like 'element broken making a noise'
Anyone got here yet?

Answered my own question, got to click on the lamp to release the old one first then it says either too big or small, or too low watt
age or whatever. Then you can find the right one. You don't want to know do you? he he! I'm not stuck anymore, until next time

That means you have to take the lightbulb that is in the light out. Trust me -- it took me several minutes to figure it out.

posted in Vampireville on Mar 14, 10 6:37 AM
IT'S A NEVOSOFT?!?!?! For me that is an automatic buy! I don't even have to demo it (also if it is Poodlebear & Puzzledone approved I automatically buy anyways).

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 10 5:26 AM
I'm curious as to who ultimately developed (and by that I mean actually created) this? Is it Darkling Room? Is that stated anywhere when you open the game?

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Feb 20, 10 3:00 PM
kithain wrote:
Poodlebear wrote:Warning - Some Spoilers

Then in the glitch department the credits at the end are not skippable and when I was returned to Main Menu at the finish none of the buttons worked. I had to hit my Windows key and use Task Manager to close the game.

Poodlebear, I had this same problem. I had to use task manager as well, and at first, I wasn't sure even that would work, as each time I tried to select "end program" the menu screen of the game would pop back up. Very frustrating.

kit

Exact same glitch here!!

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Feb 20, 10 6:24 AM
Finished it and it is by all my standards a pretty good game. I'm not too sure about replay value -- but the storyline was good (the most important element IMHO), the graphics were very good -- some of the games were unique and I liked that. A lot of what the game requires the player to do is instinctual -- I'd be very surprised if the majority of the players would even need a walkthrough -- so try it without one first! The map was great -- I liked the fact that the notebook kept the important notes for you! The music was not an interference to the game and only added to the ambience! All and all -- it was great and the earlier comments on the font used in the hidden object sections -- I agree with them. I had no problem only because I had read those earlier comments. So all of you -- thanks for that heads up!

Just a note for Willie -- I loved the lily pond hidden object search site and the chessboard minigame!!

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Feb 20, 10 2:59 AM
dvdiva wrote:Beautiful and engrossing. It's like we stepped into an underwater Atlantean paradise! What I about it so far: gorgeously rendered locations that remind me of Myst & Riven; great voice acting; a map that shows you where you are; environmental sound effects (like page turning and gongs) that again gives me that Myst nostalgia; and the star that indicates when an area is complete. What I didn't like about it: the hidden object areas are in lower resolution graphics, and that some puzzles don't seem to have a skip button (I may be mistaken, though). Overall, a highly recommended buy!

Now that is ALWAYS my benchmark! I'm gonna havta get this one now!!!!

Jule

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Feb 19, 10 8:53 PM
Welcome Willie! (And MMadien -- I was groaning outloud as I read the wet willie thingie) -- just popped over to your sight and I must say the artwork alone has me sold!! It has a Benoit Sokal feel to it! Very impressive! The Ark sounds kinda interesting and the two shots on the site are also impressive. Are you the artist for both games? They look similar -- Just curious!!

Anyways -- on artwork alone I'll have to try it out! The story sounds fairly intriguing and since we seem to be having a week of sleeping heroines I'm banking that yours is going to be the best!!

Jule

posted in Awakening: The Dreamless Castle on Feb 13, 10 12:41 PM
The firewood is in the cauldron on the top shelf. Use the cane to pull down the cauldron

posted in Syberia II on Feb 7, 10 7:53 AM
karen888 wrote:I've been told that Benoit Sokal will not do Syberia III. It will be released by Microiids..but not with Sokals' input....... I can't imagine Syberia without Sokal....

That would be a HUGE mistake. He is Syberia. The artwork, the movement, all of it his. I fear for the graphics!!

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jan 10, 10 4:08 PM
cadesparks wrote:Just used the 1 hour trial and was very disappointed. Had to get out and start over twice because I kept getting to the statuette puzzle and I couldn't back out to find the stinkin' statuette. Maybe I'm blind but I still have no idea where it is. There's an hour of my life I can never get back...

Cade -- are you talking about the puzzle with the little statues? If you are -- all the figures are in that screen. It took me about 10 minutes of banging my head against that wall to realize I was trying to back out of the only place I was going to find them. Look carefully around the corners of the opening where the large figure is -- that was where the ones I was missing were hidden.

posted in Great Adventures: Lost in Mountains on Dec 29, 09 3:01 PM
I had a freeze up as well. I was on my way to the power shed and was in the small building before you get out to the shed -- the stars on the door keep going in circles but I cannot do anything, i.e. use the key on the door. I had solved the freezer puzzle and the safe puzzle.

Okay ... I've now read the update thread and that pretty much answered my previous question --- I know, I know -- "Read to the bottom of the Page Jule!!!"

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator