Posts created by sartasia

posted in The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure on Oct 13, 10 5:29 AM
Nothing to add that hasn't already been said.
Hopefully tomorrow....

posted in Letters from Nowhere on Oct 10, 10 5:15 PM
I played the demo and will wait a while for BF to get it but only a little while. Really enjoyed it.
It's a HOG or maybe a very lite IHOG as there is a little interaction in each scene.
Nice graphics.
Items are well hidden but in plain site.
Extra items to find to open unlimited level.
Extras to purchase with accumulated points to buy "helpers" i.e. a camera to show locations of hidden objects,a mystery box to give extra points...etc.
Music is not annoying. Has separate controls to lower or raise.
Control to turn off cursor.
Story line was ok. Enough to hold my interest.
Don't know about the length. I got into the 3rd chapter in my hour but I was really taking my time as the hand drawn art in this is very pleasent. Each chapter seemed to have 4-5 different locations to scout. But that may increase as the game goes on.

Looking forward to BF getting this one. I'm ready for a good HOG.

posted in Fishdom: Seasons Under the Sea on Oct 7, 10 7:36 AM
jddrn wrote:I have never bought any of the Fishdom games. If you were me, would you buy Fishdom2 or this 3pack holiday game? I do like a challenge as well as some relaxing fun.

I'm not a match-3 fan usually but I have never regretted buying the first one. There is something really relaxing about this. I love the graphics and the music. The levels get progressively harder and become quite challenging and yet it still just is quite soothing.The holiday themes just make it more of a treat.
Once you create your tank you can use it a s a screen saver. And with every play as you change it you can update your SS also.
I would recommend it. Demo it and see if you feel the same as I.
It must be the fish....I can relate to.

posted in Zuzu & Pirates on Oct 7, 10 6:13 AM
peglegann wrote:
sartasia wrote:I for one was surprised to discover a couple games that never were pushed on the home page when released...just DLed Sherlock Holmes vs Arsene Lupin. A great LF adventure. They never advertised this a few weeks back when it was released and it just slid in under my radar..
That will teach me to pay attention.
Paddling off to play....
Wow. Thank goodness for the forum!! Sartasia I missed this as well, love Sherlock usually, have a few credits am DL now. Will have to wait to play after work.

Glad my post helped! I thought that maybe I wasn't the only paddler caught unaware.

posted in Fishdom: Seasons Under the Sea on Oct 7, 10 6:05 AM
As most everyone else has stated I'll buy this also. It's one of those go-to games when I want to kill time or just need to relax. I'm over 4oo levels into the original and still going. The holiday collection is a treat for me as I only have the original and Xmas/winter.
Good use for one of my credits....

Sinshack-
Bunny ears and delivering eggs...lol. I'd like to see that too.

Rebecca Lily-
Their screensavers are nice and soothing. And the best thing...changeable!

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Oct 6, 10 1:21 PM
mhatfie wrote:Re: genre pages, thank you Mr. Russ. It's something I look at sometimes and didn't think of it as genre pages. (duh). I always thought Big Fish announced all of their new games so I rarely go to the genre pages unless I have a specific game that I know of and want to purchase. Now I will go there more often. Can't wait to play this game. thanks again.

It felt like a "Duh" moment to me too since it didn't occur to me to look past the home page so don't feel alone.I too have now learned to dig a little deeper if only to check.
I'm guessing... but I can't help but wonder if not posting it on the home page had to do with 2 things...
1. It has no demo mode
2. Being such a large file if it was announced than there would be a great drain on their bandwidth at one time.

As I said....just guessing.

posted in Zuzu & Pirates on Oct 6, 10 10:45 AM
Good cause! I know times are tough for a lot of people but for the cost of the "Special Sale" today you can contribute to someones future.
I know the fish who live in this pond are some of the nicest.
Lets prove it to everyone. Donate.

posted in Zuzu & Pirates on Oct 6, 10 10:26 AM
mhatfie wrote:
sartasia wrote:As an old gamer of many years

You sound so reasonable and make so much sense. (are you sure you're human ?)

Thank you for the compliment...
I'm just another old paddler in the pond....

posted in Zuzu & Pirates on Oct 6, 10 6:03 AM
Nothing to say that hasn't already been said. It's a no buy for me.

Off to play the recently discovered ninja LF- SHerlock Holmes vs Arsene Lupin.

posted in Zuzu & Pirates on Oct 6, 10 5:55 AM
I for one was surprised to discover a couple games that never were pushed on the home page when released...just DLed Sherlock Holmes vs Arsene Lupin. A great LF adventure. They never advertised this a few weeks back when it was released and it just slid in under my radar..
That will teach me to pay attention.
Paddling off to play....

posted in Zuzu & Pirates on Oct 6, 10 5:39 AM
As an old gamer of many years I'd like to interject just a few comments.
The games offered the last few days have been in the middle. I for one have not liked them but many others have. Unfortunately after a run of very high quality games everyone has gotten spoiled. We had a dry period last month followed by over a week of solid great games.
I've found BF to be more consistent and reliable than most any other site out there.
As to glitches I also agree with misillusioned that the glitches are not occurring with everyone and as such it takes time to isolate and correct the problems. As a computer geek let me say that each machine has it's own reasons for glitching. With all the different OSs out there they strive to make them work on every platform. I for one, with over 150+ games purchased, have had only one problem with a game.
And I might add CS reimbursed me very quickly for that one problem. They stay on top of all the comments posted and are very responsive.
Disappointment is short lived. I'm sure something will come along soon to get your gaming juices going.

Happy swimming fishies......

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Oct 5, 10 6:20 PM
Wow, this one slipped in under my radar. If I hadn't seen it mentioned over in CCC I never would have known it was here. I should be more aware of what turns up on the genre pages. I'm DLing it now. I have SH vs JTR on the way by mail. Now I'll have to decide which to play first.

Decisions, decisions...

posted in Veronica Rivers: The Order Of Conspiracy on Oct 5, 10 6:31 AM
I beta tested this and never made the connection that it was the same game..
I really liked it and never understood why it had never came out.
Now here it is on a weekly deal. Must have been fate.
I grabbed it up and now I'm off to play.
Have a great day fishies!

posted in Incredible Adventures of my Mom on Oct 4, 10 10:55 AM
sinshack wrote:

I started out in the HOG genre playing the I Spy series. The last time one of the I Spy games came up on BFG, it was bashed for being "for kids" and being too easy. Considering that I was in my 40's when I started playing them and enjoyed the heck out of them, I don't think the straight HOGs are primarily for kids. They are for anybody who just wants a simple hidden object game.

Now that I'm in my early 50's, I still ejoy a simple HOG, but I also enjoy the rest of the genre as well - and my favorites are the complex iHOGs. But this looks like a buy for me, for those days that I just want to enjoy the peace of "finding" and don't want to tax my brain cells.

ps. 53 is still "early 50's," right? Not "middle 50's?" I'm going with "early 50's" until the night before my 55th birthday.

Wanted to add 2 things...
I think you would probably enjoy the DD today, "Pure Hidden", as it has similarities to the I Spy games but with a twist. All of the scenes are different from each other and enjoyable. They reminded me of your comment.
I am also 53 (early 50's) but when people ask my response is always "I'm Plenty-nine". After all, age is only a state of mind.

posted in Pure Hidden on Oct 4, 10 8:09 AM
gimmegames wrote:
plutiman21 wrote:Pat, when you get that pop up item it means you can leave that round and go onto the next box if you want to, or you can stay where you are and find the rest of the objects.

In order to leave that round and go back to the map screen, you click the curved arrow button on the top left part of the screen.

I might also add..that pop-up picture is the key to the next box. As gimmegames and plutiman21 said this means you can advance to the next scene.

posted in Pure Hidden on Oct 4, 10 7:13 AM
Played this 5 minutes and then quickly bought it. Played 20 minutes longer and came here.
Beautifully creative HOG with varied mini games.
Colors and graphics are impressively imaginative. Once your mind and eyes adjust to each particular scene style the objects are there in plain sight.
Hints fills quickly.
Fills my 22inch flat screen with no black bars.
Music changes with every scene and fits. Nothing obnoxious so far.
Nice relaxing game with options for "Score" or "Zen". Meaning timer or no timer.
A perfect one to keep on my desktop for work breaks.

Ok, lets face it. I'm an old hippie and this appeals to me on so many levels. The artwork alone takes me back many years. What a hidden gem. Thanks BF!!!!!
I love it!

posted in Time Mysteries: Inheritance on Oct 2, 10 9:17 PM
_Angel_angel wrote:

Very nice review sartasia!

Thank you,

Angel

You're welcome Angel. Very kind of you to mention it. Happy gaming!

posted in Time Mysteries: Inheritance on Oct 2, 10 4:04 PM
Micha1234 wrote:
kdubs wrote:Tried part of the trial about 1:30 A.M. and came away lukewarm. After some sleep, came to read the reviews, played a bit more of the trial -- ok better. The graphics are good, so far music is era-appropriate.

One thing I really miss is voices, at least in the intro. Then once I've heard the characters, I can read the subsequent text sort of "in the characters' voices".

Anyway, it is probably a buy for me, but not until at least mid-month. Last month I went crazy and filled 3 cards, so I need to show some S-e-l-f C-o-n-t-r-o-l.

@ kdubs what do you mean self control......I managed to fill up 6 cards...... so you're not doing bad at all. Big fish had that darned sale........and I went to town....

Now I don't feel so frivilous on my 4 cards. And another sale coming up this month...
Self control on buying games is not a big virtue with me...

posted in Time Mysteries: Inheritance on Oct 2, 10 10:04 AM
I have only played the demo.
This game is an light interpretation of an IHOG. Although the retained items are used immediately.
Loaded and ran just fine.
Filled my 22 inch screen.
Separate options for sound and effects.
No problem with cursor.
You can skip or advance the graphic story as you see fit.

Graphics are hand drawn and quite well done. Bright colors and clear lines. No dark scenes so far.

Music doesn't bother me though I have it set low. It sets the feel for each time piece fairly well. I must add that it seems at times to be set on a strange loop. Either this is suppose to sound like a record that ends with a scratch or the loop is off.

Mini games have been varied and simple but entertaining. Some have been refreshingly different such as the chess board. Not difficult but a nice change.They also remain consistent to the story. The only repeating one to occur divides each chapter. It is a "Spot the Difference". Though I read a lot of complaints concerning this mini it happens to be one of my favorites. I for one can not stand sliders but they seems to be popular. Bravo BF for providing options for all.

I played on challenge level so hints are supposedly very slow to refill though I didn't use any. Also no sparkles on this choice. They do occur on the casual level.

HOG items seem apropos to the time scene. Well hidden without strained attempts. No off color items or strange sizing. Nothing hidden behind things. Just well placed.

The story line is fairly usual and on the light side but I do like the interaction with the ball. Some of the repartee has been quite glib and cute. Wish that had occured more often.

Length seems fairly average. You goal is to collect 7 rings and I have 2 after the first 50 minutes with only one minor interuption for a phone call. I just sat back and took my time with this. No timer ...no hurry.

After all is said and done I'll buy this game. It's relaxing and entertaining enough to while away a chilly afternoon.

posted in James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies on Sep 25, 10 1:11 PM
Oh my. Not sure what to do...lol.
I played the demo and definitely will buy. The story has already got me hooked. Graphics are great, the HOGs reasonably challenging, mini games are similar to the last in the series but fun and the music seems unobtrusive.
On the down side I already have four credits on my punchcard and don't think I'll find enough good ones before the end of the month to warrant starting a 5th.
I'll have to see if I have the patience to wait.....darn. Really liked the way the story was playing out....
Can anyone "guesstimate" the length?

Gave in... Bought it.
This is hands down the best of the series so far.
Has "Find All" once you've played through the main game. Also a "flash back" additional level.
Very relaxing and enjoyable. If you like a good mystery this one will work for you.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator