Posts created by Lilabelle

posted in Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition on Oct 27, 11 6:04 PM
Kyasarin wrote:Glad you got it fixed! It took hours to download, and this is a new machine with a very fast connection. But it's on now, and I can look forward to trying a new game this evening.

And I'd like to say, to anyone out there, that I'll put BFG's team up against that of any other site for responsiveness to customer complaints. They actually monitor the forums, and if you email them, a REAL LIVE PERSON will get back to you. I've never had a problem that didn't get addressed, and 99% of the problems I've had have gotten quick fixes. Other sites? You get a form to fill out at best, zero response at worst. So I'll stick with BFG.

Well Said

posted in Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition on Oct 27, 11 3:45 PM
Whenever there is a major glitch as happened today my solution rather then wasting time and energy with rants, criticisms, and threats to leave I just wait for BF to find a solution and fix it. Which as you can see they did. My game downloaded and plays with no problems.

P.S.
If you are still having problems after the BF fix try reading the tech forums there are many computer knowledgeable fishies who may have some tweaks you can make to diminish any problems you may have. They have helped me and I now very rarely have a problem that is caused by my computer. Now when there is a major glitch like today it's usually because of some difficulties at the Source

posted in Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition on Oct 27, 11 3:40 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:Dear LilaBelle, one way BF knows there is a major problem is from the number of people posting about the problem. Of course, we have been told that only a small minority of all customers do post anyway, but as with the GM issues, it wasn't until the numbers posting were overwhelmingly large that BF finally began to address that there were problems. Same thing with game threads. Some people always have technical issues, most because of their own systems, but when there is a huge number posting about the same problem, then it does alert BF that this is something they need to do something about. So if someone is having a problem they usually do come into the forum first, and see if someone else is having the same one. Obviously, there are many of us who are having the slow download problem today. I would do the Dr Felix, but it wouldn't help in this case, however, I would suggest if you haven't done one recently, it might help. The mods can only give their stock answers as that is what they are scripted to say. I have already trash canned this one, am really going to bed now, and I may try again when I get up. Or I may just wait until the first

I completely understand the need for all the posts on these slow downloads, but after 4 hours and only sparse reviews or comments available on the game and the slow discussion already locked and with some of the over the top posts I just thought we needed to stop and just let them know about our dilemma without the unnecessary meanest added. No offense intended,I know in these forums we are all free to give our opinion both good and bad, I just get tired of some of the loss of polite discourse. By the way I agree with you that there is no sense in using Dr Felix in this case, in fact I never would because I have always been able to solve whatever problems by using the tech forums where I find a lot of solutions from fellow Fishies more knowledgeable then myself.

posted in Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition on Oct 27, 11 2:03 AM
I agree we should all stay calm and forget our frustrations. Let's have a little perspective,in comparison to what is happening in the Real World this is just a little glitch in time and not worth expending our ire.By now I'm sure Big Fish realizes that they have a big problem, why don't we let them have some time to work it out.

posted in Family Vacation California on Oct 25, 11 1:07 AM
Same here, glad I downloaded the DD first. Started the game loved it bought it and will now continue playing while waiting for my very first really slow download since all the mess we went through with the new GM. I hope this is a minor glitch just for this particular game.

After 1 1/2 hr, wait installed instantly hit play and what to you know a lovely access violation. Did the usual gymnastics still no go, since reading the few comments of those who were able to play have decided this particular game is not worth anymore of my time. Hoping for better luck tomorrow, as previously noted no problem with the DD, if you have not tried it yet, do this one is worth your time. Have Fun.

posted in Time Dreamer on Oct 25, 11 12:57 AM
Just played 20 min. and am ready to buy. A nice smooth game, tried it out in casual mode but stopped to buy and will start over in difficult mode. From previous reviews players thought it a good but short game. Since this is a DD I'm sure it will be worth the play.

posted in Secrets of the Past: Mother's Diary on Oct 24, 11 1:00 AM
What starts out as a lovely looking adventure quickly becomes a disappointment.There is a constant lag between scene changes, the hidden object portions are complete mess of a junk pile with a cursor that does not behave. After just 20 minutes I lost patience and left. The game looked lovely but was not enough to retain my interest.

As soon as the game started all I could think of was I bet they crash, viola so they did then one character disappears, we have darkness, we have fog, locks, and ghosts,who need to be saved. The game is beautifully made and I like the graphics which are even better then the first two games which I enjoyed. My problem with this one is the deja vu factor, been there done that. Since I still have a great number of games purchased and yet to be played I think I'll add this one to my wait list file for the next time we have a drought of good games to play. For those who have not yet tired of this type of story line go ahead and enjoy because the game play looks good, and unless the length of the first chapter of the demo is a bait and switch tactic it could be a game of decent length. Have fun.

With no help from the guide, it seems we are on our own with this snake. After much trial and error after error I gave up and skipped. Will try to solve if I decide to buy, have not made up my mind yet.

posted in Odysseus: Long Way Home on Oct 17, 11 1:34 AM
A nice game with bright sharp clear graphics.Played in the advanced mode no sparkles, but have no fear between the notes and the good hint system it keeps you on track, no need for a walkthrough. Puzzles have just the right degree of difficulty and hidden object scenes fit the times with some interactive puzzles within. Since the journey took twenty years I would assume the game should give us plenty of game play. I guess we will know once the walkthrough is posted. Consider this a fair to middling game to play while waiting for the next great one. Worth using one of those coupons that are collected from purchasing your CE's. Happy Gaming

posted in Guardians of Beyond: Witchville Collector's Edition on Oct 16, 11 2:43 AM
I find that some of the error violation that end with 600 can sometimes be corrected by leaving then reentering the game manager or by restarting. Other wise go to the always helpful tech forum.

posted in Guardians of Beyond: Witchville Collector's Edition on Oct 16, 11 1:31 AM
Played 40 min. Game by Vogat, three modes of play casual,advanced, expert. Five chapters plus bonus. The strategy guide stays where last checked out. The bonus content is available to try out. Can play without guide if you have the patience, the hidden object portion is playable without being too frustrating. As with many of these adventures it starts with your car crash and from there you spend time searching for keys to unlock in order to move forward, need to move back and forth some but on the whole able to do so with logic. I played in casual and found it a tad easy, plan on starting over in the advanced mode just in case I need to skip a puzzle or two. In my 40 min. I was still in the first chapter but I like to take my time and read and check every thing out. Its a lovely and enjoyable adventure can't wait to get back. Try it out its fun and holds your interest, you keep wanting to know what happens next.

posted in The Three Musketeers: D'Artagnan and the 12 Jewels on Oct 10, 11 3:05 AM
Four discussions open one already locked, no idea anymore where to place a comment or where to place a review. You would think that when they open up the TGT forum for discussions it would automatically have one ready for a review , one for comment, and one for technical issues.

posted in The Three Musketeers: D'Artagnan and the 12 Jewels on Oct 10, 11 12:30 AM
My very first HDO Adventure. I now understand all the denigrating comments made on games by this developer. Deleted after 5 min. game play.

TeamSD wrote:I love this one much more than other ERS games, will play a bit more to see and give the full review but I already know that it's a buy for me!!!

Happy to see you back to the first post, always look forward to your first impressions. One suggestion if you don't mind, could you edit in your final thoughts once you have finished the game. This addition would be gratefully appreciated.

posted in Royal Trouble on Oct 5, 11 1:26 AM
I just played the first escape scene It was fun and it made me laugh. That alone is worth the price of admission. I now remember playing the demo on another site and can highly recommend this very funny romantic comedy with dialogue reminiscent of the screwball movies of the 30's. The graphics are bright sharp and colorful. If you need cheering up this is for you,have fun

posted in The Chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo & Juliet on Oct 5, 11 12:56 AM
Same problem as mentioned in the technical posts, what is worse I lost all interest by the time I hit the escape button for the third time just to get to the first puzzle game. This was not the only distraction, the game had no sparkles which is just fine with me I like that, what I do not like is that every time you do hit on an item a popup arrives to tell you you don't need that yet.Ran around for ten minutes finding objects not yet needed. Then up comes another popup telling you now you need those objects so run around again collecting. Anyway I think you get the idea. Since my criteria for a game is it has to be fun this one loses out big time. Oh well the DD of the day if I remember correctly from the demo was fun and looks like a good substitute and also for a good cause.

posted in Oddly Enough: Pied Piper on Oct 4, 11 1:08 AM
A lovely game with bright sharp clear graphics. One more important factor it is fun and a nice change of pace from other fun but dark and gloomy adventures.

posted in Oddly Enough: Pied Piper on Oct 4, 11 12:50 AM
Had no problems finding objects with the silhouette format, once you figure out what object you need the fragments are easy enough to find.

posted in Love Story: The Beach Cottage on Oct 1, 11 1:37 AM
I enjoyed it. The game went so fast my demo was almost over before I knew it. What I liked best was that I was always surprised whenever the game changed direction, yet still kept my interest wondering where it would go next. It has a nice mix of story,and interactive hidden object search. After playing a while you get an idea about where it will end but will still enjoy the journey getting there. From looking at the walkthrough and seeing how far I had played I give this game 3 to 4 hours depending on your personal game play. Some fishies might consider this short, my own criteria to a game of any length long or short is am I enjoying it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator