Posts created by unclepaul

posted in Royal Envoy on Feb 19, 11 5:29 AM
No need to build markets
1. Collect three lots of 500 from bank. Pay Bandit.
2. Buy extra worker.
3. Send three workers to dig up treasure. This gives you 2350 wood and you do not need any more.
4. When first lot of wood arrives build a cottage beside the castle using your fourth worker. .
5. As rest of workers are freed up build each of the other 4 cottages and after rent collected upgrade them.
6. When you get to the third star you need two workes for that upgrade.
7. When a cottage cracks repair it and while that is happening send the other of that worker pair to build a garden.
8 The banks hold a maximum of 2000 gold and tax collectors can only gather 500 at a time.
9. After the cottages are all done there is plenty of time to keep extracting gold from the banks.

posted in Royal Envoy on Feb 14, 11 5:44 AM
I love this game and my 12 year old niece loves it as well. Just when I thought there were no more surprises or quirks I noticed at the end of the game that a few more workers and tax collecters put inb an appearance. eg level 39 I finished up with 6 workers and 5 tax gatherers, but when thery are all cheering suddenly there are 8 workers.
Sometimes it is the tax collectors that increase, but there are always more than what you actually hired.
I do a control alternate Print Screen to do a screen capture and then control V to paste it in Paint or other image editing program (free program Irfanview at (link removed by moderator)) is good as well. That way I can count the excess easily.
Anybody noticed any other quirks?

posted in Mystic Inn™ on Jan 22, 11 5:20 AM
I enjoyed this game and it was enough of a challenge til they introduced that dragon that swiped various drinks. After that I gave up and stopped playing. Time to move on to some other games and avoid similar games. Like a lot of other games it can geta bit too repetitive as well.

posted in Chocolatier: Decadence by Design on Oct 21, 10 6:21 AM
You go into a chocolate shop (Darrel Lea in Australia) and are disappointed that they don't have your recipe creations for sale.

posted in 4 Elements on Apr 26, 10 8:04 AM
Thank you so much Impartial for your suggested adjustment to level 64. After something like 50 attempts I finally finished the game.
I feel that this is a game of strategy rather than an arcade game, whereas levels 63 and 64 have turned it into an arcade game finish.
I contacted Playrix about the problems and they mentioned a release of an easier playable version, but that was the version I had. Wonder what the previous version was like.
I played a demo version of this game and thought it would be great for my 11 year old niece having fantasy and fairies etc, so assumed it was a children's game.
So I purchased the game and then tested it out to be sure it was suitable. Just as well as Levels 63 and 64 were so difficult.
After a second letter to Playrix, they offered me a replacement game but I did not feel like having to take the testing time to see if it would be suitable for children so rejected their offer.
So grateful for your information as now the game will be playable by my niece.
Would really like to see some ratings on their games re difficulty of play, strategy v arcade, suitability for age levels etc.

I have played another game such as Dynomite which offers levels of play as well as some unwinnable entertainment only versions, but at least you know what you are in for and don't miss out on the story ending.
The hardness of levels 63 and 64 is like tearing the last page out of a mystery novel.
Thanks again.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator