Posts created by thurber

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 30, 13 6:00 PM
Me 42nd! Ditto, ditto, ditto!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 30, 13 5:53 PM
Ah, shucks Ismalplz - how nice of you! You're a great neighbor too. You're one of the three who get ores and flints no matter what's on your list. I always feel good when I can gift you from my paltry backpack which I was able to do today.

I'm going to try and get some of my newbie neighbors to give me ores and flints too. I always run out.

I'm also feeling puffed up today because I got that pesky mill up and running last night!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 29, 13 1:31 AM
So educate me, fishes. When I see one of my neighbors is sleeping what does that really mean? Does it mean they are out of the game or just offline for a time? I assume the game is not limited to the US so people in different time zones everywhere may not be online when I am. I work so I am offline during the week except evenings and several times during the days I'm home. So do neighbors think I'm a flake? I guess they could tell I'm around because I gift every day. Am I in danger of being un-neighbored because they cannot visit me? Then there are folks who have been sleeping for weeks and they have not posted that they are leaving the game. Is it fair to delete them?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 29, 13 1:09 AM
Good advice missmoose and Gypsy Queen. I have been trying to get a specific rune to continue with both the pink dragon and the blue dragon (same rune - drat). I have been unsuccessful after several purchases with coins, and am now broke with no possibility of getting to either dragon. I guess I need to relax about the whole thing. Progress in this game seems to be slow and tomorrow is another day....

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 29, 13 1:02 AM
Sheesh, I was excited to finally get to France! This new location stuff takes a looong time.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 29, 13 1:00 AM
Just my 2 cents which is probably worth nothing at this point, but I do what some others have mentioned. I give what I can from my backpack then from the freebie list, then give ores or flints to the rest. Perhaps because I'm always so desperate for ores and flints at my level. If someone gives me dew, I give it back to them, hoping to give the hint that I will never run out of dew and if they look in their backpack they will discover the same. A couple of my neighbors have requested that I give them ores and flints no matter what is on their wish list. This, I do, unless of course I can give from my backpack in which case they get ores and/or flints as well. I assume that they will let me know if this arrangement doesn't work for them any longer. If others on my neighbor list would like the same arrangement, I would be happy to comply. As for me, give me ores and flints! Those dragons are hungry and I am still trying to get that darn mill up and running.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 29, 13 12:46 AM
I did notice that both your departure and return were swift. She's gone. She's asking me to feed her dragon. But wait, "Isn't she gone yet?" I'm so glad you're not gone!!
Thurber

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 26, 13 7:49 PM
I would just like to echo mommerj and ttaravision. I would be so nice and convenient to be able to get to dragon feeding expeditions and runes without shutting the game down and logging back in. I have to do this a zillion times a day. OK, maybe not a zillion, but certainly many.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 25, 13 9:18 PM
Hello everyone (waving madly). I would like to have some new neighbors, especially those on the west coast of the US. I find that when I am needing a dragon fed, many of you across the world are asleep and my expedition fails. Rats! I play and gift every day, but my playing time is limited because of real life - it gets in the way. So if any of you are on the west coast and in need of neighbors, my code is dYYyZG. I would be happy to have you on board and to join you.
Thurber

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 1, 13 6:50 AM
ttaravision wrote:I was cut off by day change when giving out gifts today. Some of you might have doubles some might have none. I was taking some medication for my back, so I slept really late. Nope, not taking that wicked zombie medication any more. I would rather not be able to walk than sleep all day. So tomorrow, I should be back to gifting like normal.

Whenever you can sweet lady.................

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 1, 13 6:42 AM
I no not understand these chests. Chests of charges? Are these to help dragons? Pardon my ituhy753 nhasw. Oops. We learn as we go along right?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 1, 13 6:36 AM
lsmalplz wrote:I receive many thanks via in-game mail for the gifts I send. I would like to respond and say, "Your welcome" but my game will freeze if I do. Then I feel guilty because it looks like I'm ignoring the gratitude!

Honestly, I'm not ignoring you!

Your very welcome one and all! Glad I could help.

P.S. Please, please PM me in BF mail instead.

Hello my neighbor, Thank for the gifts. I wish I could gift you in kind. You are farther along than I, I think, but I try, and I appreciate you.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 1, 13 6:28 AM
clm5457 wrote:I played in only the library, cellar and study for 2 months collecting beast stones and had no clue wear to play them at. I had the maya stone but that was it. Until I saved my coins and opened the dungeon. I started completing tasks and it appeared. So add neighbors, complete tasks and you will progress.

Ah clm, my neighbor, those dang stones. I need a nautilus and I cannot get one matter how much money I spend. I agree, keep with it. Keep going and add nice neighbors like you.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 1, 13 6:13 AM
daisymmk56 wrote:thank you MaddyMartina, great idea that I will adopt
will send out grain, peacock feathers, cowberry, gerbera, dragon eggs to those that haven't constructed Mill - its always so nice to walk into a new room (area)

Yes I check WL several times a day too, I love gifting.

Constructed the mill? I see it on my neighbors. How do you do that?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 1, 13 6:10 AM
johnpam wrote:Feeding dragons under expeditions comes out of your supplies, but feeding dragons, trees, etc. under Runes is free and on top of that you get 300coins and 5 experience points for doing it so feed away!

Oh thanks. I just discovered that there are multiple expiditions and runes to feed. OK, so I'm slow. Didn't notice that the green arrow thing lit up to scroll the page, I didn't even know that I could request others to feed my tree/dragon. Now, I've got it! I like feeding and helping my neighbors. They help me too! Gee, what kind of world it that?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 1, 13 5:58 AM
ttaravision wrote:I have all backpack items on my wishlist. If you don't have one of the items, can you please give me ores or flints? Preferably ores, I'm running low on them.

HA! You said a week or so ago that you had plenty so I quit sending them. I will comply.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 1, 13 5:56 AM
lsmalplz wrote:I'm starting a sticky note on my desktop to keep track of F&O requests.

So you need flints and ore too?! On your way. I always feel cheap sending flints and ores when I cannot accommodate another request. Maybe not. I need them too!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 1, 13 5:49 AM
bluekiwis wrote:bluekiwis needs flints and ore, too!

Thanks for starting this topic!

Hi bluekiwis, you're one of my treasured neighbors and I'm so glad to see your post. I need flints and ores too! Dang, I don't like not being able to gift what neighbors need, like that floofy plume thing, but at the same time, I can't tell my neighbors that I need ores and flints! Send me ores!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 1, 13 5:40 AM
ttaravision wrote:I will be on and off for the next couple days. I don't think I will show as sleeping for that amount of time, but just in case, Please don't delete me. I will be back. I just have a couple personal matters to take care of.

I will welcome your return. You are one of my first neighbors and I appreciate you and your helpful posts.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 1, 13 5:32 AM
You aren't one of my neighbors, sir, but I wonder when I shall reach that point when I tire of the ghosts and the scrambling, and the slow progress and give up or decide to wait until the game is a bit more friendly.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator