Posts created by kimberly7777

posted in The Tiny Tale 2 on Jun 3, 14 7:20 PM
I haven't tried the demo yet, I'm nervous I'll like it and will also try to suffer with the problems.

Is this reminiscent of The Happy Hereafter? I spent months (I wish I was kidding) suffering through it, trying to not only report in detail the problems but wanting to finish the game so badly I dealt with it all. The developer actually gave an update to the game, which only gave so many of us false hope. But the update actually broke even more things. There was never another response, even BFG stopped responding even though a significant amount of the threads had to do with the problems.

BFG gave out refunds for that game, but I still don't want to go through this idea again.

I hope to hear from more, is this absolutely a no buy right now or are people still undecided? It's so hard to get decent TM games.

posted in Royal Envoy 3 Collector's Edition on May 26, 14 9:30 AM
ShazPG wrote:HOGS are not cheaper to create. They are one of the most expensive of games to make due to high art costs. In a TM game, you have a set number of art pieces, which you can use many times in a single level, and use from one level to the next. A HOG requires custom art for every single screen.

A game like RE would be cheaper as far as resources (art/music) as they can be reused. But it would require a great deal of effort in designing and testing the levels, balancing the difficulty, planning the strategies required, ensuring there aren't any "easy" ways of completing that have been overlooked.

I agree with all your other points though.

Be happy when a game is released that you will enjoy. Be gracious when it isn't.

This is inaccurate, you might want to research this information a bit better. It's well known the cost vs. return on HOG is far better than the cost vs. return on most TMs. There are many articles about it weighed in by numerous experts in the fields.

Your last sentence is pretty awesome though. Too bad all the people who lack self-awareness are off enjoying their CE they got yesterday that they feel they're entitled to. But do come around to the next TM forum that dares to release a game before they say it's allowed. I'm sure they'll all be there again, threatening to quit BFG for turning into a TM site.

posted in Royal Envoy 3 Collector's Edition on May 22, 14 3:45 PM
I imagine it's what's listed on the front:

The Collector's Edition includes:

Enjoy over 80 challenging levels on 11 islands
Complete unique quests in record time
Collector's Edition contains 32 bonus levels on 4 islands
Expert and relaxed mode for the ultimate adventure

posted in Royal Envoy 3 Collector's Edition on May 22, 14 3:10 PM
Out of 35 releases (not including the 8 HOG Strategy Guides you guys seem to need) in the last 28 days there have been:

HOG - 22 = 63%
Puzzle - 5 = 14%
TM - 4 = 11%
Match 3 - 3 = 9%
Strategy - 1 = 3%

Really HOGers? You come to our random, infrequent CE release thread and bad mouth our game, b**** at BFG for not giving you one today, and then claim your genre is getting ignored?

Then you claim your SEs don't count (or your CEs, who knows what you mean). Do you know how many CEs any of the other genres get? Little to none. Then you claim somehow that to make your point that you need to lump all genres against your genres. No, that's now how it works. All genres stand alone.

The numbers above speak volumes. This is the best month TM has had in months. We got over 2.

How about keep your insults and comments in your own threads or off-site forums. It's pretty hard to respect any of you who feel the need to drag your petty issues into our thread about the game that we may or may not like but would like to discuss.

posted in Royal Envoy 3 Collector's Edition on May 22, 14 1:42 PM
sartasia wrote:
biscuitsmama wrote:..... If builder and TM games are the future of BFG and it seems like that is all we have had except for the 2nd rate game yesterday, then it is time for me to quit and give up games period.

I too was a little disappointed in a TM as today's CE but every other one this month has been a HOG (as have most of the games) so I guess it evens out.

Hilarious. It 'evens out'. Taking away all other genres, HOGs get 4 out of 5 releases. ONE TM game to your FOUR. And that's over the course of over 9 years. Recently I'm going to estimate it's more like 1 out of every 8-9 games is a TM vs. Hidden Object. There's articles all over the internet explaining why TMs are few and far between now and HOG's are massively produced, so I'll take them when we finally get them, even if it garners some seriously whining quitter posts (really, re-read what you posted!). And don't even compare the quality of TMs offered lately here vs HOGs, because I assure you we get pure trash on a regular basis or basically a complete repeat of a game already long played from 5 years ago.

So you didn't get your precious 25 games this month or a CE for once. Get a little perspective and learn to share the genres? Or go ahead, cancel your memberships so maybe BFG will just give up providing games altogether to ungrateful disloyal complainers who aren't happy about anything.

posted in Tropical Mania on Feb 26, 14 1:08 AM
TiramaSue wrote:The game was previously released for the Mac platform. It is a new game for PC users.

More often it's the other way around: Mac users get a "recycled" game that was previously released for PC users months ago.

I realize you're just reporting this, and even I don't see it confirmed anywhere, it so far plays out.

But I don't see how that makes this a new game. It's 4 years old, not 6 months old. I'm fairly confident there's a difference between converting a game from PC to Mac vs. what this is. There's absolutely nothing 'new' about this other than the threads.

For the record, the developer hasn't mentioned Tropical Mania on their pages (website, FB, they don't have Twitter) in over 3 years.

I imagine if this was an HOG, there would already be pages and pages of complaints. I suspect BFG would respond pretty damn fast too to the uproar. This is barely a murmur of 'what?'.

I'm a realist and I get that I'm on an HOG site, so there's really no surprise here. The 'new game!' threads and the technical support thread that's been created have definitely been comical. Game doesn't work? Oh no, clear your cookies! Surely that's what it is. It's not that the technology in your computer wasn't even born yet when this game was created.

I wish people weren't so damn addicted to hidden objects. I think I'll try find a 6+ year old game of Lemonade Stand. It will remind me why I love TM, and it will probably be free.

posted in Tropical Mania on Feb 25, 14 11:47 PM
If BFG really presenting a 4 year old game as new?

The review is... this looks like a 4 year old game.

posted in The Happy Hereafter on Dec 10, 13 8:38 PM
You'd have to define finish. Before the update someone posted that doing the 'grand show' finished the game (out of order). After the update, it doesn't seem possible.

I have bought every single item including the decorations, finished every single task that loads, and only had the Warehouse task sitting there. I make sure to have tons of wood, ore, gold & anything else on hand before I do the tree, and the crystal tasks. I buy the crystals needed for all of it because farming them makes the workers freeze.

It's incredibly deflating not knowing if there's more. I consider it finished. The devs haven't done anything here since that update, and the update broke more than it fixed. BFG isn't even responding here anymore.

I am obviously Team: ask for the refund. I am lost on how this game made it past testing phase. The bugs existed since day one.

I keep checking back here, hoping... somehow one more update will come that will fix it all. This could have been such a fantastic game.

posted in The Happy Hereafter on Dec 7, 13 10:04 PM
cjpandie wrote:It is saying to build a circus I need to study entertainment level 1. Where do I go to study? I think I have clicked on everything and couldn't find it. Thanks to anyone who can help.

In the laboratory.

posted in The Happy Hereafter on Dec 7, 13 10:01 PM
NormaNorman wrote:Unbelievably I'm going to try one last time to complete this game being EXTREMELY careful this time about how I do my builds.

See my post in "Upgrading the warehouse doesn't work" to see some details about how the warehouse bug might first start to come into play.

I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter how you do your builds on the 3rd Warehouse. You will never get it even if you do everything exactly as you're told. The shelves it asks for are level 2, there are no level 3 shelves. The warehouse will actually upgrade to level 3 but you will never complete the quest.

BFG should just give everyone refunds, but of course it will only happen if you ask for it.

Ask!

Helps to try to get somewhat far in this game: Don't upgrade Warehouse 1 or 2 out of order, it definitely doesn't like that. Do as much as you can before using magic on the tree, by the 2nd time your workers will become incredibly glitchy. Skip doing the crystal cellar or going after the crystals over on the right. That pretty much finishes your game unless you're willing to manually deal with just about every single worker. The tree, crystal cellar & trying to get crystals from the crystal farm all make your workers just walk in place.

But in the end, this game is impossible to finish.

posted in The Happy Hereafter on Nov 20, 13 8:55 PM
Buy 5 planks which equals 25 trees, then sell those. That's 5 pieces of wood.

Explained better here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/259396.page

Handy tip: You're always better off looking for the subject first before creating a new topic. Many of us had no idea this was how to do it and some awesome person has usually already figured it out.

posted in The Happy Hereafter on Nov 18, 13 5:42 PM
300 is level 1, 600 is level 2 and 900 is level 3. If you look at what's required in the quest is says the Warehouse level 3 needs level 3 shelves. But when you look at the requirements in the laboratory, it says level 2 shelves. It upgrades with level 2 shelves and the quest never goes away. There are no level 3 shelves.

posted in The Happy Hereafter on Nov 13, 13 9:06 PM
Dear Devs and BFG,

Thank you for responding. I was almost getting ready to ask for a refund. I'm on my 15th+ profile trying and trying.

Bugs still there:

No idea why, but since I've played over 15 profiles (!!) I know that randomly the very first magic task, where you meet Vladoff, sometimes it auto completes the task and you don't rescue the person so you don't get that 4th member.

The tasks in the beginning come in a little fast now, that might be overwhelming to new players. I don't know because I've got the dang things memorized now.

You can play out of turn on many items and tasks still complete, but if you upgrade the warehouse on level 2 or 3 out of turn, you never get to complete the task when it comes up. A new issue after this update is even playing the warehouse exactly in order, it still doesn't recognize the 3rd upgrade as completed. So that task just sits there.

The players still eventually walk in place and accomplish nothing even though they're assigned tasks. Feeding, mana on their heads or a magic show does not resolve this.

So while it seems something has changed, the bugs are absolutely still there.

Me personally, I plan on doing one more profile but I'm pretty much done at that point. I want a refund. This game never deserved this type of time on any level but I loved it so much and hoped the bugs I reported would be helpful. I don't feel this is an OS issue and I don't think this is a user issue. This is, in my opinion, 100% on the dev.

On one final note, since a lot of this forum got quiet, I hope BFG is letting people know there is an update level at an BFG Game Manager app level. Nobody should have to come to the forum to find that out. It should be on our app. More people could be reporting why their game did or didn't get better. I can't even imagine how many games I gave up on that I would love to know an update came in to improve the game.

If anyone knows if this particular game was better off bought off their site so we'd see fixes in real time, I'd love to know that info.

I meant what I said, thanks for the update. But no, the bugs are still there and the game is still unable to be finished in it's current state. I've not requested a refund for that particular issue before, but in this case since it wasn't known until after hours and hours of play time, I hope BFG is willing to step up and give refunds or seriously resolve this instead of asking us to reboot, update our settings or any other script response.

Ore
 posted in The Happy Hereafter on Nov 13, 13 6:35 PM
Ore = Stone = Rock.

From the mines above. Hope that helps.

posted in The Happy Hereafter on Nov 9, 13 7:44 AM
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/259396.page

posted in The Happy Hereafter on Nov 5, 13 7:51 PM
I absolutely love this game. The idea, the concept and the graphics. I WANT to finish this game. But the bugs are endless. I hate that in this game, I would rather wait out a fix for weeks than ask for a refund. But the bugs have been reported now since the day it was put out and nothing has changed.

Is this dev not able to fix it? Is the game better bought off the dev's site where it is getting fixed?

What is going on please? I want a refund at this point, because it's a game that can't be finished or even enjoyed. You either get stuck at a horrifying point after you've spent hours on it, or your entire profile is deleted without a word and you are forced to start over, also after spending hours on it.

I'm now on my 8th profile. I keep trying. I love this game that much, I keep trying.

Please put me out of my misery. Devs is a fix coming? BFG, I want a refund. I'll take one or the other, I'd prefer the former.

Edit: Sorry for not saying my errors, but they've all been reported. People walking in place not doing anything, mana not changing, can't move past quests because I upgraded out of order, profile getting deleted for being 'corrupt'. It gets way worse the farther I manage to get. Some profiles get farther, some don't make it far at all.

posted in Big Bang West on May 31, 13 8:20 PM
*Review written with apologies to Valdy and cbtx. Not up to their standards, but it's the first time I've ever been first to review......"

I'm sad to see that language is necessary.

So a reason why typical reviewers don't review is because the regulars haven't have their say yet? A reason a regular reviewer may be quiet is because they don't review after they've seen what's out there.

I keep coming back a few weeks at at a time to see if there's ONE decent game worth the money. I 100% rely on reviews. Now I see comments like this on a regular basis.

If you won't review you lose this:

Game devs learning why something didn't work. (within the game, within your computer!!, they care about this!!)
BFG learning why they aren't getting funds for a game.
Community spirit.

So if you insist on holding back for your reasons, don't be too surprised when you get what you get.

posted in Trade Mania 2 on Apr 21, 13 10:38 PM
The Custom game settings needs fixed. Far too many issues. Thanks BFG for the 'script' fix, but obviously this is a game issue.

If there's not a fix given, I would like my money back. Once you play the regular campaign the whole point for me is the custom game. With it being a nightmare, it makes this game a waste.

posted in Northern Tale on Nov 10, 12 10:07 AM
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/226406.page

But some advice for others: Use a low level to lose a game. It takes far less time.

posted in The TimeBuilders: Pyramid Rising 2 on Sep 7, 12 11:55 AM

I'm at work so I can't check, but I imagine you don't have the right type of men. At least one level requires the elephant before they'll work.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator