Posts created by Magda640

posted in Christmas Stories: A Little Prince Collector's Edition on Dec 18, 17 10:00 PM
I can't focus the bottom knob on the telescope. It will move only a little. This is the second time I've played this game, but I have to skip some of the puzzles. Very frustrating.

posted in Dark City: London Collector's Edition on Dec 14, 17 8:12 AM
Okay, maybe I'm just too picky, but it's really difficult to find hidden items when they are misidentified. Case in point: in the bonus game, the detective rifles through drawers looking for "princess". I finally gave up and hit the hint button, which directed me to glasses - the kind that sit on the nose without ear pieces. Pince nez. Not princess! Sheesh!

posted in Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades on Sep 9, 17 9:06 PM
Only in the hidden object scenes. If you click on the help button in the menu, that is one of the tips.

I have also had this problem with a couple of games I bought years ago, so I tried this fix. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. With the Northern Tale games, I cannot play in full screen anymore, but they do work in the windowed version. I probably spend too much time playing, so maybe this is for the best.

posted in 12 Labours of Hercules on Jul 6, 17 7:20 AM
In addition to suggestions to only use extra worker once, and upgrade farm and store once, do not repair the crack leading to gold at the bottom of the screen. That wastes wood and your time. There was more than enough time to finish building the ship when I stopped fixing everything in sight!

posted in Northern Tale on Jul 5, 17 12:46 PM
I purchased this game in 2012 and I have played it several times. Today, I reinstalled it and when I tried to play I ran into the same problem you mentioned: the tree needs more gold, but there is none to be found! This is really frustrating! I have noticed that sometimes older games do not play as they should when a newer operating system is used. Arrrrgh!

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on May 20, 17 2:05 PM
This happens frequently with some of the games I play. I usually just use my system cursor to solve the problem. It isn't as big, but it doesn't lag. You might try that.

posted in Monument Builders: Titanic on Apr 13, 17 11:24 AM
Now I remember! Click on one pile of debris - knock out the bandits that appear, then go to the next pile and repeat. You can't clear all the piles and then hit the bandits while keeping them from the bank. Too much confusion.

posted in Monument Builders: Titanic on Apr 13, 17 11:14 AM
I was able to complete this a couple of years ago, but now I can't remember how I did it! It must be senility. Can anyone advise me on how to beat this one? I know that it wasn't necessary to click faster than the speed of light!

posted in Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition on Mar 13, 17 10:48 PM
Thank you. Tried it several times, but it wouldn't start. After exiting completely a couple of times, it finally worked.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition on Mar 13, 17 1:56 PM
Okay, I'm not too swift, I guess. The game finished abruptly, but the bonus game was not readily apparent. Any hints where to find it?

Are bubble shooter mini games the only way to get puzzle pieces? I'm not good at shooting and I am somewhat bored with them.

There is no hourglass on my screen. Could this be a glitch?

Is it even possible to polish the ram's horns? He is dressed in a red cloak, standing over the door to the exit, but he can't be accessed. After the door is opened and used, the cloak falls from his head, but too late for any action, as far as I can tell.

posted in Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collector's Edition on Aug 10, 16 2:05 PM
I tried this level six times, but could not get nine pearls. I even tried destroying all the buildings in case one was hidden. No luck. Finally, the ninth pearl appeared miraculously the seventh time. Wow. I hate glitches like this one.

posted in Moai 3: Trade Mission Collector's Edition on Jul 19, 16 7:55 PM
You can go to the map and click on the level you wish to play. I don't know why the game doesn't automatically go to the next level for you. Hope this helps.

posted in Monument Builders: Golden Gate Bridge on Jul 18, 16 8:48 PM

ELIZABEAD on Oct 25, 15 9:44 PM
Posted this unanswered question:
"I have all the extra helps from jewels, but I can't find a strategy that will let me finish with three stars. Was anyone able to finish with three stars? Please help."

Pick up all the available wood and cement and then repair the hole by the food store on the right of the screen. This has to be done first, so you will be able to feed the pelicans. Then, fill the hole by the cement factory at the bottom. Build a second shop on the empty lot, so you will have money to buy wood. Fill holes and buy wood whenever you can. I hope this will help.

posted in Monument Builder: Empire State Building on Jul 13, 16 8:46 AM
Regarding:

[Post New]by chardra on Jul 26, 14 12:14 PM

"I am so close to getting 3 stars on this one, but I just can't figure out how. What, if anything should I be upgrading? Should I be using the gym or save the money? I can't quite figure it out."

I didn't see an answer to the question. This is how I managed gold: Send workers to clear the roads across and by the grove on the bottom right. Don't order any supplies or add workers. Don't build anything except one fast food shop on the bottom when the lot is clear; upgrade the fast food immediately, but only once. Chop all the trees in the grove, because you will need some wood for the upgrade. Use the sport club/gym as soon as it's available, three times during the game. This is a difficult level for someone who likes to upgrade everything and fill all the lots (me), but it is unnecessary.

posted in Myths of the World: The Whispering Marsh on Mar 24, 16 3:47 PM
Just played this game. It was okay. However, I would still like to know, what the heck is a County Bounder? Someone who guards the boundaries of the county? Someone who leaps like a deer through the county? A dishonorable person in the county? I did find out the meaning of something I never heard of before: organ languid. Glad to look up new (to me) words and learn new terms!

posted in Incredible Dracula: Chasing Love Collector's Edition on Mar 19, 16 2:05 PM
Thank you both for the suggestions. Unfortunately, my game does not show a timer. That's why I am confused.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator