Posts created by Fifiluna614

posted in League of Light: The Gatherer on Mar 22, 18 10:31 AM
I love this series! The story on this one is interesting and you keep moving along, never staying overlong in one area. The necessary objects and tools you find along the way make sense in the way they are used. The hidden object scenes are different and imaginative so you don't get bored with them. The mini games are the same as you've seen before and a couple are a little tedious, but there aren't very many of them and I just skipped the ones I wasn't interested in playing. The little scarecrow/imp helper isn't annoying as is so often the case.

If you enjoyed the previous League of Light games as I did, then this one is a must-have.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Death Between the Lines on Feb 2, 18 2:06 PM
I loved this game. Definitely the best one of the series.

posted in Ominous Objects: Trail of Time on Jan 22, 18 3:13 PM
I thought this was a really fun game. It's a bit on the short side for sure, but it's packed with things to do and the cat companion is a hoot as always.

posted in Fear For Sale: Hidden in the Darkness on Jun 17, 17 2:37 PM
I think this is another great addition to the Fear for Sale franchise. While the story line isn't unique, it is interesting, and the game play is smooth. The mini games are varied in difficulty and fun to solve. I love, love, LOVE the jigsaw puzzle alternative to the hidden object scenes.

All together a very satisfying game to play, and I highly recommend it.

posted in Danse Macabre: Florentine Elegy on May 5, 17 8:53 AM
I have all the Danse Macabre games and enjoyed every one of them. In this one, however, the hand-drawn objects in the hidden object scenes are often too obscure to see. The scenes are also layered, with one set of objects after another to find. I had to use the hint button a lot which really slows game play and takes away from my overall enjoyment of the game.

Other than that, the game is fun to play. I will probably buy it just to complete the set.

posted in The Unseen Fears: Body Thief on Apr 14, 17 10:27 AM
This game has a lot to offer in the element of fear, the eerie atmosphere and the unknown villain(s). There's just one problem, and it's a deal-breaker for me: you have to put together found clues in a specific way to reach a necessary conclusion in order to proceed. The developers have a specific order you must discover and follow, and the way their minds work doesn't necessarily make sense to me. Because of this one irritating factor, I will pass on this game for the time being.

posted in Labyrinths of the World: Stonehenge Legend on Mar 14, 17 4:35 PM
This is a lovely game. The only thing I disliked was that some of the puzzles, even on the "easy" mode were incomprehensible. I found I had to skip quite a few because of the poor instructions and that took away from my enjoyment. Otherwise it was fun to play and had a really interesting story. I was a little taken aback that it was all about Vikings without a druid in sight, but hey, it's just a game, right?

posted in Spirit of Revenge: Florry's Well on Jan 25, 17 10:21 AM
The game is a little glitchy, but I still enjoyed it. Navigation is easy and the hint system and jump map work very well. A couple of times I had to close the game and then reopen it to proceed, such as getting the button on the bridge to work. (I'm using Windows 10.)

If you enjoy a story about true love and redemption, then you'll like this one. I thought it was fun to play, if a bit short.

posted in Danse Macabre: Ominous Obsession on Jan 17, 17 8:34 PM
This game is fun to play. It has a variety of different styles of hidden object scenes, and there's even a match 3 to choose instead. The tasks you have to perform are varied and unusual as well. The artwork and story line are also great.

My only problem with this game is that there is not adequate instruction for many of the puzzles. Some of these puzzles I've never seen before, and you can tell considerable thought went into their construction, but poor instructions ruined the experience. I was forced to skip a number of them because I couldn't figure out what to do and I didn't want to take the time to look it up in the walkthrough.

I've liked all the Danse Macabre games so far, and this one is no exception. I can only hope the devs pay attention and put a little more care and detail into puzzle instructions in future installments.

posted in Grim Facade: The Red Cat on Jan 7, 17 9:06 PM
I like all of the Grim Façade games and this one doesn't disappoint. True to the others in the series, some misguided person in a kinky mask is out for revenge and you're always one step behind. Like the others it's not too difficult and a lot of fun to play.

I don't care for the gimmick of the "memory shard collector" added recently. And the cat with the weird powers at the beginning of the game alarmed me. But fortunately the game settles into a fun romp just like the others. I recommend!

posted in Beyond: Star Descendant on Dec 18, 16 1:59 PM
What a game! I think it's brilliant. The graphics are beautiful and the story is unlike anything I've seen before. There are a few silly devices they repeat over and over, but I could forgive those because of the wonderful story and fun gameplay. We've seen science fiction and we've seen fantasy, but this game is a fascinating blend of the two.

If you enjoy a movie-like experience and intriguing puzzles, then you're sure to like this game as much as I do.

posted in Grim Legends 3: The Dark City on Dec 2, 16 10:06 PM
Weird, strange story line - I've finished the game and I'm still not sure what was happening. Besides the incomprehensible story, most of the hidden object scenes consisted of fractured objects which I dislike in general, but these were even more difficult than usual to make out. The gameplay is inconsistent: sometimes smooth and logical and other times impossible to determine without using the hint button, which is very irritating.

On the plus side, there is a helpful map and the mini games aren't too difficult.

All in all, I think the minuses outweigh the pluses and if I had it to do over, I wouldn't purchase this game.

posted in Rite of Passage: Deck of Fates on Nov 29, 16 10:43 AM
I've only finished Round One in the demo, but I don't intend to proceed any further. Having to use the Fate Cards is tedious, as well as the constant dialogue. I didn't feel I had any real control over my character, as if I were just following blindly on some pre-set plan and it didn't matter what I did or didn't do. No fun. I'm going to give this one a pass.

posted in The Secret Order: The Buried Kingdom on Nov 8, 16 3:45 PM
Beautiful game. I've enjoyed all the Secret Order games so far, and this one is no exception. The gameplay is smooth and makes sense. Very good interactive map and hint system.

posted in Hidden Expedition: The Eternal Emperor on Oct 31, 16 4:44 PM
Cool game. Like all the Hidden Expedition games you get a history lesson along with lovely scenery. The gameplay is pretty fun and easy and the music is nice. The mini games vary in difficulty, and some I've never seen before. The hidden object scenes were often a pain - cluttered and pale - and I had to use the hint button more often than I like. Fortunately under custom mode I was able to set the hint to refill quickly. This wasn't the best one in the series, but very nice nonetheless.

posted in Fear for Sale: The Dusk Wanderer on Oct 30, 16 10:54 AM
I was disappointed to learn the hint button doesn't seem to work out the hidden object scenes. Several times during the demo I found myself in the area indicated by the map but I was unable to find anything to do and the hint button didn't work. I had to go to the walkthrough to discover my next move, which was very off-putting. I don't remember the previous Fear for Sale games being like that. This one is a no-buy for me.

posted in Ominous Objects: Lumina Camera on Oct 24, 16 8:02 PM
I found this game to be boring. No new twist on evil guy wanting to use souls to gain immortality - ho hum. And the gameplay wasn't unique enough to save a trite storyline. The artwork is pretty, but that is about the only good thing I can say about the game. It's a shame, because I enjoyed the previous Ominous Objects games, and I adore my fat, furry helper. I bet even the cat was bored with it all.

posted in Nevertales: Hidden Doorway on Oct 23, 16 10:11 AM
Like all the Nevertales games you have to perform complicated, convoluted puzzles to accomplish the simplest tasks. If that sort of gameplay rings a bell for you, then this is your game. I have to be in just the right mood to play a Nevertales game, and I usually wait and buy them on sale.

That being said, this game does have beautiful artwork, and it ran very smoothly for me. The story line is kind of weird, but that is a thread running through all Nevertales games. The map is extremely helpful. I think I will still wait for a sale to purchase.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Silent Waters on Oct 17, 16 3:19 PM
I agree with moondances. Why would I throw away a nail puller when I obviously have more nails to pull and have to find a hammer? Details like that, while seemingly unimportant, can spoil the experience. And while I admittedly didn't finish the demo, it appears that the game consists of being locked in one space after another and having to find a way out. Ho hum. I also don't like playing without a map, and so far I haven't encountered one. I'll pass on this one.

posted in Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death on Oct 15, 16 8:09 PM
I really enjoyed this game. It was fun to meet so many mythical characters, and Hades was appropriately evil and scary. The gameplay is smooth, especially with the help of the excellent map. Playing both male and female roles was fun, too, and I couldn't wait to find out what new obstacles they had to overcome.

I really liked being able to play match 3 instead of a hidden object scene if I wanted. In some of the scenes the clues were silhouettes, and I personally dislike that type a lot, so it was nice to be able to switch to a mini-game. You're even given the opportunity to earn power-ups for the match 3! That just showed a little extra effort on the part of the developers, and I appreciated it.

This wasn't the most challenging game I've played, but the fun factor trumped that. I highly recommend this game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator