Posts created by edp1730

posted in Gummy Drop! on Feb 1, 16 9:51 PM
Is there a list somewhere of gummy moves/slides which trigger the use of a boost? I've lost two Waterfall boosts when my finger ACCIDENTLY dragged vertically over more than two gummies. The entire column clears when all I intended was to swap to gummies. Also, if I ACCIDENTLY touch gummies diagonally (instead of vertically or horizontally), that triggers the Wind/Swap boost, which I definitely don't want to happen. I've also lost shovels, but haven't figured out what caused that. It's getting to the point where I'm afraid to touch gummies at times fearing I'll trigger the use of another boost. Are these "bugs" in the Android program, or designed "shortcuts"? If it's the latter, is there a way to turn that feature off???? Thanks!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 10, 16 4:45 PM
I hate to mention this, but there is another developer/website with several games similar to Gummy Drop, and the PC users don't seem to be as far behind the mobile platforms - IF they are behind at all.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 8, 16 11:50 PM
BTTT

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 8, 16 2:00 AM
Shania wrote:Gosh Belle! Could you be more vague? This is ridiculous! We have waited patiently for months! I expected much more. Please let everyone know, if there in fact will be an update! Tired of this!

SEVERAL of us couldn't agree more! It's a "canned" response that gets repeated over and over. There are similar games from other developers (1 in particular) where the PC folks don't seem to get shafted as much.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 31, 15 9:31 PM
famvir3 wrote:I just tried it. I'd already completed master level, so I can't speak to the other two levels. I made a vertical lightening bolt at the bottom on the far left, there was a break in the wall at the bottom. Then hit the foil with lines on it (a double foil) with the lightening. That cleared all the foils and the souvenirs dropped through.

Thanks! I think I was having a run of bad luck, among other things. I decided to add the Kite boost to the equation (it's MUCH cheaper than Lightning), and that did the trick for me - that and some luck. I don't know if it was coincidence or not, but on my FIRST try using the Kite boost, I also got a lightning bolt down at the bottom where it was touching the paper. Once all the paper was zapped, it was pretty easy from there. At this point, I don't plan on playing the other 2 levels! LOL LOL

PS: It sounds like the Architect and MB levels use "stickies" instead of paper to clog the outside columns. My method for getting rid of paper won't work on stickies, so thanks again for the info!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 30, 15 10:13 PM
shooter9325 wrote:HI, we have not received an update for the PC since Sept 22, 1915. I am wondering if we are going to an update soon. Or is this as far as we can go. I would like to play Los Angeles, so I can continue this game. Please let me know if you are going to UPDATE.
Thanks, SHOOTER

Since 1915 is a LONG TIME to wait! LOL LOL Sorry about the "jab", Shooter. Waiting for the PC Update which NEVER comes is frustrating, so I tried to inject a little humor (make that VERY LITTLE humor). If you look at the credits, the creators appear to be Russian. Maybe they use Macs more over there! Ho Ho Ho!!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 30, 15 10:06 PM
The "double lightning" method on this level does not get rid of the paper because of the walls. I've tried a BUNCH of times to create a lightning bolt that would be touching the paper, but it never happens. Has anyone beat 114-3 without choosing the lightning boost before you start the level? I've been stuck for days! uuuggghhh Thanks! :-)

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 30, 15 9:59 PM
edp1730 wrote:
shooter9325 wrote:Hi, I am stuck on level 112. There are not enough white stars to trigger the white star blockers. Can you please advise me how to get around this
Thanks, SHOOTER

I got the first level with no problem. The 2nd and 3rd level seem impossible. 18 moves to get 350,000 points. Any ideas?

I finished level 112. I had to use 8 shovels. I am done with Shanghai.

Thanks for the update! I just reached Level 112, and have the same issue. ALL those white "star bombs" to fill up, and very few white gummies to do it with! I'm going to try the "X-Out" method to see if white gummies eventually show up.

Well, I got enough white blockers to beat the "Intern" level - haven't even TRIED the other 2 levels.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 27, 15 12:32 PM
shooter9325 wrote:Hi, I am stuck on level 112. There are not enough white stars to trigger the white star blockers. Can you please advise me how to get around this
Thanks, SHOOTER

I got the first level with no problem. The 2nd and 3rd level seem impossible. 18 moves to get 350,000 points. Any ideas?

I finished level 112. I had to use 8 shovels. I am done with Shanghai.

Thanks for the update! I just reached Level 112, and have the same issue. ALL those white "star bombs" to fill up, and very few white gummies to do it with! I'm going to try the "X-Out" method to see if white gummies eventually show up.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 27, 15 12:26 PM
I'm visiting family for the holidays and have a LOT of catching up to do! I now have 2 games going - Game 1 is the older/original game. Here are the abbreviated results for several days.
12/19 Game 1: LIGHTS in Berlin; earned 330 coins; reward 2 Earthquake(Eq) boosts
Game 2: BOOKS in Sydney; earned 240 coins; reward 2 Eq boosts
12/20 Game 1: SUN in Barcelona; earned 180 coins; reward 150 coins (Gold Fever)
Game 2: PINT in Sydney; earned 150 coins; reward 200 COINS
12/21 Game 1: HILLS in Berlin; earned 180 coins; reward 2 shovels (uuuggh)
Game 2: SUN in Sydney; earned 90 coins; reward 2 Wind/Swap boosts (Great)
12/22 Game 1: AVENUE in Barcelona; earned 270 coins; reward 2 shovels - again
Game 2: ALLEY in Sydney; earned 300 coins; reward 2 Wind/Swap boosts!!
12/23 Game 1: COAST in Rome; earned 270 coins; reward 2 shovels - again!
Game 2: CHEESE in Sydney; earned 240 coins; reward 2 EQ
12/24 Game 1: SUN HAT in NYC; earned 330 coins; reward 2 EQ
Game 2: CRUISE in Sydney; earned 180 coins; reward 2 Wind/Swap boosts
12/25 Game 1: SILK in London; earned 120 coins; reward 2 OASIS BOOSTS! Game 2: TOWER in Sydney; earned 180 coins; reward 2 shovels
12/26 Game 1: OCEAN in Rome; earned 300 coins; reward 2 shovels
Game 2: STROLL in Tokyo; earned 240 coins; reward 2 shovels also (uuggh)
12/27 Game 1: MIME in Barcelona; earned 210 coins; reward 200 coins (Gold Fever)
Game 2: DOLPHIN in Tokyo; earned 330 coins; reward 350 coins!!!

At some point I'm going to see if there IS a connection between the words and the reward - except on Gold Fever Sunday. The word list seems to be the same for everyone, but the rewards for each word seem to vary. *<[]:-}

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 20, 15 12:52 AM
4mykitty wrote:Thanks tazruby for the detailed instructions. I followed the ones for windows 7 and got the files on a stick. I wound up with a gummy drop folder which included 4 files but none of them open the game. The files are called downloaded content, levels, unfinished download and AppData. I am not too computer savvy so must have done something wrong.

Taz gets my vote for "POST OF THE YEAR" for all the info he provided. Let me add a couple of steps, which may help you, kitty:

1) INSIDE the AppData folder should be another folder named "Roaming"; 2) Double click on it to open the Roaming folder; 3) scroll down until you see the Game Forest folder; 4) Copy that entire folder to an external hard drive, etc.

This will save all your progress (even the coin count), etc up to the point when you last exited the game. I would NEVER attempt to do this with the game open. I've never done that, so can't tell what, if any probs, it might cause. I back mine up regularly so as not to lose much progress.

Here's another tip - although I haven't tried it yet. Suppose you make a LOUSY move or two and/or lose a bunch of lives trying to beat a level. If you replace the existing Game Forest folder with the older one you saved, you would kinda get a "do over". I believe your coin count etc would be reset to the earlier time. Depending on how old the back up copy is, you may or may not want to go that far back. I'm not RECOMMENDING that, especially since I haven't tried it yet, but I believe the computer logic is sound. Be careful, though, or you could REALLY mess things up! *<[]:-}

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 18, 15 11:43 PM
New/second game:
12/18 word was CAMERA in Sydney; earned 270 coins; reward was 2 Wind/Swap boosts 12/19 word in Sydney was BOOKS; earned 240 coins; used no boosts, but did lose some lives (not many); reward was 2 Earthquake boosts

Original game:
12/18 word was KING in SF; earned 210 coins; reward was 2 Oasis boosts - NICE! 12/19 word was LIGHTS in Berlin; earned 330 coins, but spent 150 on Time and 100 for shovels, so net = only 80. Reward was 2 Raincloud boosts.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 17, 15 4:41 PM
kakeza wrote:Hi I am suck on level 84 in Shanghai. Any advice please.

You have to be VERY VERY lucky to create enough line boosts to beat this level the way the moderator suggests. I followed another posters advice, and beat it the first time! wooohooo LOL Simply use a shovel to detonate the red chained bomb/blocker in the lower right hand corner. That whole side will be cleared, then all you have to do is make enough matches to finish getting the points you need. Still look for line boosts, etc - but you won't need nearly as many.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 17, 15 1:40 AM
I missed some days getting ready for my trip. I'm now visiting family for Christmas. I started a second game to play when I run out of lives. Don't plan to spend ANY money on the new one - not even to upgrade to 5 lives. The second game has been GREAT - all the lessons learned the hard way on game 1 are paying off. I'm stockpiling boosts and coins because I don't need them yet in Sydney. I also know not to waste them as "Ms. WEEKEND" often suggests.

12/16 - original game - was TEA in Shanghai (I think there is a connection there LOL). Got 150 coins and 2 Waterfall boosts, which was AWESOME. For my second game the word was CIRCUS, which earned 330 coins and 2 Shovel boosts.

12/17 - original was COG in NY. Earned 180 coins and 2 Additional Time boosts. New game was SHIP. Earned 210 coins and 2 Wind/Swap boosts, which is very good.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 17, 15 1:18 AM
Loonz - you are correct re: not being able to connect your game if you are playing on a PC. Your game history is stored on your hard drive, not "the cloud", so there is nothing BF can do to help you/us. However, I have restored my backup copy to a new download of Gummy Drop more than once - and it works flawlessly. However, you will "start" at the place where you were when the backup was done - so back up regularly - daily.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 12, 15 11:10 AM
I haven't lost a complete game yet - or any progress - BUT thanks to eli's advice, I now back up my game data on an external hard drive. The PC version stores your history on YOUR machine, so BigFish cannot help you out if your game crashes.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 12, 15 1:09 AM
12/12 word is POND in Rome. Earned 240 coins, spent none, and got 2 Rain Cloud boosts - so it was a good day for me!

PS: Regarding the glitches that cause you to lose the entire game - once I saw eli's first post about that, I started backing up my game data to an external hard drive. I HOPE I don't need it!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 11, 15 4:41 PM
Thanks - DONE!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 11, 15 11:50 AM
3 day summary - LOL

12/9 word was STREET IN Rome; earned 330 coins, spent 150, so net is 180. Reward was 2 Rain Cloud boosts. Good day

12/10 word was LYRE in London; earned 180 coins; reward was 2 Waterfall boosts - LOVE those!!! Great day

12/11 word is TERRACE in London; earned 330, spent 150 (Time) + 100 (Shovels), so net was only 80; reward was 2 Additional Time boosts, so I got 2/3 of the 150 back. Average day at best.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 11, 15 11:35 AM
I think the title should be: LACK of Update - LOL . Actually, it's not funny at all. Finding out that Shanghai was the last city for the PC version was like a punch in the gut. The discrepancy between the versions SHOULD be part of the information provided BEFORE you initially download the game. Then at least people would know what to expect.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator