Posts created by dzzzy

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Apr 27, 13 3:51 PM
I've only ever won groceries.

posted in Virtual Families on Apr 4, 13 3:08 PM
roxannerichy141 wrote:Hi guys!

If you have any tips or tricks for VF please share!

tip 1: the doorknob for the shed is in the sandbox.(if you know where the key is please share)

Under the doormat.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 29, 12 8:11 PM
dogmama wrote:Message didn't show up as it's between pages or whatever . If you want to see the extra video that was added yesterday, uninstall, reinstall and then go to the motel and after Cassandra is finished, the credits will roll. Then there is a very short video. Not sure if you need to find all the MOs first, but probably so.

I'm back to this thread to celebrate my big 200! I did uninstall and reinstall my game to see the extra video, and I had a pretty good laugh at it (forgive me). I don't know if the MO's are required to see it, or about any future releases or updates. Thanks Dogmama for posting about it, and please post in this thread again if any additional updates add some new features. I might not have seen the clip otherwise.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 28, 12 11:42 AM
dogmama wrote:Good things come to those that wait,
but you won't have to wait as long as you think.

Haha, and we get another puzzle! (But where did the typo go?) I wonder if this means MCF's next release will be soon (or sooner than normal).

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 28, 12 9:36 AM
X could also be a reference to the Rx sign (or was it Px) and also death. Coffin could be metaphorical and also refer to locations like the church or the tunnel where people were entombed.

Also, in reference to my post on 289 I went ahead and made a thread in the word games forum for anagrams, cryptograms, etc. Hopefully I will see some of you there!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 26, 12 2:37 PM
And Dogmama, I hope Hondo takes you up on your challenge, but if not here is a puzzle. (My apologies if I can't write a limerick, or if this puzzle is too challenging).

I once knew a famous writer
One never wrote any mightier
He wrote with his pen
a book 'bout clansmen
Few works were ever loftier

Your puzzle is: rgakmu csjj sqsvr (Hopefully this works!). The limerick is a clue. Prestige given to the fishie who can name the writer and the work in question. Also, my apologies if 'clansmen' is not the appropriate term, it's so the rhyme works.

ETA: Should we make a thread in the word games forum for cryptograms, anagrams, and the like? (If so I call dibs).

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 26, 12 2:12 PM
ccalvert2007 wrote:WOOOO We Saved Picman!!!

all round

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thank you so much Hondo! This year's speculation thread was great.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 26, 12 9:38 AM
I enjoyed SL. My top three MCF games are Ravenhearst, Madame Fate, and Dire Grove (in no particular order). I loved the Rube Goldberg door puzzles in Ravenhearst, the crystal ball puzzles and plethora of suspects in Madame Fate, and the soundtrack and style of Dire Grove, and of course the plot in all three. I agree that we ask for something different each year, and some things are a disappointment, but we learn what we like by seeing it go, hopefully the game designers will find some way to combine the best aspects of each game. I'll also add (perhaps I'm in the minority here), that I liked the live acting in the 13th Skull. It paved the way for Dire Grove although I would like to see it more interwoven than it was in SL, the ghost patrol kind of threw me for a loop. Also, what happened to the last facebook clue (Did we ever get it?).

AND DID WE SAVE PICMAN!????

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 23, 12 6:17 PM
dogmama wrote:Finally finished the MOs this afternoon (with a little help ) and like some of you, that excited me ! Hopefully so!

Now please, someone help me out here.... Which game(s) had the interactive HOs that had things you had to do to complete it. For example, maybe finding an arrow to put through a heart and the clue being something like Love? Or loaded gun and you had to find bullets and match them up with the gun. These were probably not in the game but just trying to give you all an idea of what game I'm talking about.

I do believe you mean Madame Fate.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 9:35 PM
Whatever happened to the final FB typo?

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 9:27 PM
shanette1706 wrote:
dogmama wrote:If you've gotten to the warden's house, then you'll probably know what I'm talking about. But I'm going to white it out cause it's a little spoiler .

SPOILER!!!

Does anyone else think that when you click on the fish over the door that it's the devs way of acknowledging and appreciating the songs and poems that are always in the Spec Thread ?

I never thought of that!! (First thing that popped into my head was... Spongebob! LOL!)

My thought went to the mechanical singing bass my father used to have on the mantle.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 9:23 PM
I finished Shadow Lake! Now my brother gets to play it, RTR, and Huntsville for his birthday (I completed my collection of MCF games).

ETA- My brother's birthday is the 26th of November, but I'll let him play it tomorrow.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 9:12 PM
Admits that, "I sleepwalk." I really don't want to give anything away, but everyone who participated in the Q&A please check your messages!

ETA- While I'm admitting to things I do in my sleep, I would like to add that I also talk in my sleep, but I do not snore.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 7:26 PM
Being honestly too sleepy to write a new post about how awesome this spec thread is, how fantastic all of the fishies are (even the plurkers), and how amazing Hondo and Picman were for moderating and hosting the thread, I second the post two above mine (and the one above), and all posts to such affect from earlier. Good night fishies.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 11:14 AM
atsfgal wrote:My only question is that they announced on FB the 20th as a release date. Sooooo, where did the TGT go for Club members? Would that not make the release due out today for us? Something just doesn't add up here. I lost the Shadow Lake download page....must wallow through history files.

I was wondering about this also, but my theory notes that the countdown on FB is still 2 days. So perhaps Club members get it tomorrow and everyone else gets it Wednesday.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 9:03 AM
Eoarod wrote:New MCF FB Pic with this caption:

Mystery Case Files

MCF: Shadow Lake will be available on November 20th. <--That is NOT a typo.

You have a lot to be thankful for. We like to imagine this is one of those things. — Timeline Photos

HAPPY DANCE ANYONE???

Is dancing with you. Question: What is the picture of?

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 8:46 AM
purplealikat wrote:Good morning fishies! I have and doughnuts! Oh, I also have a question: ARE WE THERE YET???????

Joins in obnoxious chorus of ARE WE THERE YET???????

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 18, 12 7:19 PM
shanette1706 wrote:dzzzy still works that way doesn't it

Well, first I read the sentence with no commas, which was hilarious. However I have a great deal of respect for the oxford comma. There is a difference between: bacon, eggs, toast, and orange juice as opposed to bacon, eggs, toast and orange juice. The second toast and orange juice would be ambiguous and the reader could walk away believing I covered my toast with orange juice under the circumstances.

Note: I claim to know nothing about grammar, carry on.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 18, 12 7:10 PM
MJ_Mystery wrote:I'm currently still driving the bus but I would like to ask everyone not only to pick up their trash but also to not trip fellow passengers. If I have to dodge or chase down Charles and Victor I would really appreciate not accidentally hurting any of my fellow MD fishes in the process. Thank you...and keep your eyes peeled for puzzles, bad guys, Hondo and Picman.

I read the last sentence without the last comma.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 18, 12 10:50 AM
sullyr33 wrote:SO been away working so kinda bummed i didn't get to get in this year on the action trying to read thru and see what i missed but if someone has a condensed version i would love that lol

Several condensed versions actually, of theories, clues, and solutions. Check Hondo's post on the first page of the thread for links to the pages where each one is located.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator