Posts created by CynthiaV

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 12, 12 5:22 PM
Thank you everyone! I uninstalled and reinstalled the demo and when I reopened the game the dialogue box to build a house came up. I hit the red checkmark in the upper right hand corner (above the sailor) to close the box and a new box immediately opened up showing me what I could build a small house. I chose the house and it was automatically placed on the ground and I only had to assign someone to it to build it. After the house was completed the now ex-shipwrecked sailor was so happy he gave us a pickaxe and I was able to start clearing the rocks and other tasks opened up to me.

Thanks everyone! I feel like a dolt for not figuring this out but thanks to everyone I'm able to continue this fun game and will be purchasing it.

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 11, 12 4:14 AM
anki6969 wrote:Please, can anyone tell me how to unlock the house?

I think I have tried everything but apparently I don´t

I'm in the same boat anki6969 - I have more than enough food and wood but still all my houses are locked. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game since it seems that some ppl's demos unlock the houses and others' don't but still no success. I also noticed that I never found the 'animal tracks' I was supposed to investigate. Maybe that has something to do with it - the task just disappeared without my completing it...strange.

I liked this game but can't get beyond the poor starved, homeless sailor. I don't like games that hold my hand either but come on - a little bit of instruction as to how to unlock the houses would be nice...just sayin'

posted in A Gnome's Home: The Great Crystal Crusade on Jul 11, 12 3:34 AM
I already mentioned this under the review thread but I too want to add my voice to the discussion. This game is really cute and would have been a purchase for me but many gamers, including myself, have physical limitations that prevent us from completing with a timer. Please know we still enjoy playing this type of game and many developers realize this and so allow game continuation even though we complete goals beyond the timer. The timer prevents us from enjoying your great game creation. Such a shame.

I am glad you have offered us a chance to 'talk' with you and hope you do take into consideration the needs of many casual gamers in this respect. Thanks for listening...

posted in A Gnome's Home: The Great Crystal Crusade on Jul 11, 12 3:25 AM
Cute game - well done but no casual mode = no buy...sorry should have listened to your testers - why bother having the game beta'd if you ignore a consistent recommendation? Many gamers have physical limitations but still love to play this type of game...it's a shame because it's a fun game...

posted in Shaban on Jun 20, 12 7:52 PM
I love the artwork of this game and the idea of helping cute little Shaban find his adorable lost/stolen sheep but am on the fence whether or not I will buy. On the pro side are the artwork and storyline and I like the idea of having to try and figure things out logically.

But the trial was so short with so little help that I just never got a feel for the game - as soon as I got started the trial came to an end. I'm just afraid of getting, "burned" with a game that either gets incredibly difficult or just ends too soon afterward...

So I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

posted in Build-a-lot: Fairy Tales on Jun 6, 12 3:30 PM
Smallhaven wrote:Just an okay game for me in the BAL series. Besides not having a cursor that graphically goes with the game and not the generic white arrow that's offered (not that I could determine), the usage of butterfly's for the fae isn't right. If you're going to use fairy's as the main character of a game... how about using a fairy.

Unsure whether I'll purchase this particular BAL. I'll leave the balance of the demo for tomorrow and see if I can get past the butterfly's and lazy use of a white arrow cursor.

Couldn't agree more Smallhaven. There was so much potential with this game that was just never tapped into. The generic white arrow is very difficult to see on the busy background and the butterflies were also a huge disappointment for me. Plus I haven't seen any fairy tale characters other than a dragon that comes and burns up my houses - blech!

Perhaps I haven't played enough of the demo but where are the 3 Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, etc? Sorry devs, this looks like a pass for me...

posted in Maestro: Notes of Life Collector's Edition on May 19, 12 5:53 PM
I gladly paid cash for this deal...woo hoo. Very excited and can't wait to get back to the game. Thanks BFG!!

Dear Tomasz, thank you! This game is amazing and I am getting ready to purchase it. It means so much to us gamers that the developers listen to our input and make appropriate changes - we realize you can't do everything suggested and can't please everyone but that you listen and tweak - that is what matters.

I think this is the first time I've seen such a lovely thank you from a developer. Thank you for stopping by the pond and saying hello - hope to see more excellent games from you soon...take care and have a lovely vacation!

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess III on Aug 31, 11 5:30 PM
Pretty much the same as the previous MKFP which I really liked. I'm on the fence about this one though because of the return of the "bashing" issue as others have already stated. I like wolves and don't care to bash them - I know it's only a game but I still don't like bashing them.

Other than that the demo was fun to play and other than the sidebars, the game looks pretty much the same. I do miss the map as I like maps too and liked seeing where I was and where I was heading. Will have to think about buying this one - sure wish there was a way to get around the bashing...

posted in Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream on Aug 20, 11 8:26 PM
I must be odd (wo)man out - the game's graphics are very crisp and clear and gameplay is very straightforward but there is just something very boring about this game. And I played in expert mode. Maybe I'm just not in the mood or maybe I've just played too many of these kind of games but I just found the solutions so predictable and the **** scenes too easy.

Oh well, I really wanted to like it... Everyone enjoy and happy gaming!

LOL - the **** is H O (scenes) funny stuff

posted in Sacra Terra: Angelic Night Collector's Edition on Jul 31, 11 10:18 PM
This is a first class game from the get-go. Great graphics, un-annoying music/sound effects. Puzzles look to be challenging but not so difficult that you would stop playing the game and pout (something I've been known to do...)

A definite buy for me - just have to wait till August 1. What time is it now in Seattle?

posted in The Flying Dutchman - In The Ghost Prison on Jul 12, 11 7:11 PM
I really wanted to like this game since I love M3 games and haven't played any good ones lately. But this game is nothing special. As someone else mentioned, very dated looking tiles without the charm of an earlier era (strike 1). I hate M3 games that have those 'special' tiles that revert (in this case, curse) surrounding tiles and yup, this games got 'em (strike 2). But worse of all - it's just plain boring. Maybe I didn't go deep enough into it but I tried, really I did but there is just no incentive to beat the board other than collecting some map pieces for a future treasure hunt...sorry, I would have been snoring by then. So it's strike 3...and I haven't even mentioned the music...

posted in Allora and The Broken Portal on Apr 29, 11 6:34 PM
As countless others have said this is a lovely little game. Pretty subdued graphics and no dark scenes or teeny tiny items. It is a nice, sweet game but a little too simple for me and the puzzles are very easy.

Have to agree that the arrows flashing in all the HOG scenes is very, very annoying. I really wanted to like it enough to buy it but it is just one HOG scene after another and the story was just too simple for my likes. To those who enjoy - have fun. I might consider this as a DD but not full price. Happy gaming...

I'm going to rant - I played 10 mins of the game and I want to buy it but I have to wait till May 1 and I'm so impatient that I don't know if I'll make it. I could buy another CE game but money is tight and I can't justify it since I have to go on disability soon for knee surgery - boo boo boo. Ok I feel a little better - thanks for the chance to whine a little

posted in Shop It Up! on Feb 11, 11 11:52 PM
I find that I'm really enjoying this game. I have hand/joint problems but I'm not having too much of a problem with this game. As others said it is a very cute game with shoppers resembling Weebles but that's ok with me.

It isn't terribly challenging but I've had enough of those and find this game challenging enough. The shops are so cute and the graphics bright. I'm a bit on the fence but may end of buying this one to complete my Feb punch card.

Really cute and it looks like it will get a bit more challenging as levels increase and there seems to be plenty of levels. (I got to 16 in the demo). Happy gaming...

posted in Ballville: The Beginning on Dec 17, 10 8:17 PM
Very cute M3 game - really enjoying it. Agree with all the 'like' comments. Give it a try - it is worth a look.

posted in Aerie - Spirit of the Forest on Oct 1, 10 2:57 PM
I'm really enjoying this game - it is so sweet and the graphics are clear and well drawn -- just wish I could zoom in to see those cute little bunnies better!

It is a very gentle TM that does not penalize you if you don't finish in the allotted time. Just wish I knew how many levels it is.

It's def going on my "to buy" list -- just have to wait till my plastic cools down...

posted in Rare Treasures: Dinnerware Trading Company on Sep 30, 10 2:50 PM
AbyBess wrote:
CynthiaV wrote:Still on the fence -- as others have said very similar to the Chocolatier series but not quite as extensive -- at least not yet. I am usually pretty good at figuring out these games but can't seem to figure how to make the first special order of two star dishes...anyone? My tutor is of no help -- all he does is offer me cups of coffee

Cynthia - you're right, the tutorial is no help on the star rating thing. Go into the factory. Over on the left side of the screen is a sort of work table. There's a large cauldron and some other item I can't remember. If you click on these two places you get mini-games to increase your star rating in glazes and shaping.

Thanks AbyBess!

posted in Rare Treasures: Dinnerware Trading Company on Sep 30, 10 10:53 AM
Still on the fence -- as others have said very similar to the Chocolatier series but not quite as extensive -- at least not yet. I am usually pretty good at figuring out these games but can't seem to figure how to make the first special order of two star dishes...anyone? My tutor is of no help -- all he does is offer me cups of coffee

posted in Farm Frenzy: Gone Fishing on Sep 30, 10 10:14 AM
This is a wildly fun game! I am not very good at getting gold or even silver but I am having a lot of fun regardless. The fishing motif is a fun change from the usual farming with chickens, cows etc. which I frankly find a bit boring. Plus as with all the FF games, the graphics on this one are very well done but now fit in even better for us BFG fishies.

I don't play with sound or music so I can't comment on those but I don't mind replaying levels to earn more money to buy upgrades -- it helps me improve my gameplay. I'm still not too crazy about those darn bears but the key is to keep shipping their carcasses off for more cash -- I'm definitely looking forward to the upgraded cage and being able to expand my warehouse. All in all I am having fun with this latest FF game and will def purchase it tomorrow since I've already filled up Sept's punchcard. Happy gaming...

One more thing -- I have noticed a wee bit of lag at certain points but nothing to spoil gameplay, it only lasts a second or two and self-corrects -- I do have a very new, "all the bells and whistles" laptop so if you have an older computer you may experience some issues with slow running...hope not!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator