Posts created by sm22281

posted in Royal Envoy 2 Collector's Edition on Jan 6, 12 10:15 PM
you are right, I double checked. Game on!

posted in Royal Envoy 2 Collector's Edition on Jan 3, 12 9:02 PM
I am playing RE2-CE. I am stuck on level 21.
I have done all the required tasks but am stuck looking for the place to build the 2nd flowerbed.

I can get the 3 gramophones and 1 flowerbed on the existing 4 "happy face" stands. I cannot find a 5th stand for the 2nd flowerbed. What am i missing?

Help!

I want to add my very positive feedback for this game... I enjoyed this game very much, I played it all through by myself with occasional peeks at the Strategy Guide and the map. Awesome game altogether...
I don't like tortured - possessed stories or too cute stuff, this was just right for me, with high quality graphics and surprises yet not too difficult.
Keep it coming!

This is the first Collector's Edition that I have bought and it is really cool, with the Strategy Guide as helper. Very cute game, just atmospheric and creepy enough for me. I had to tone down the baby music because it increased my anxiousness about finding the baby, ha, ha! The two creepiest scenes for me: the skeleton cemetery area early in the game, and the little guy stuck in the cauldron in the gingerbread house towards the end, I just found these a little too graphic. Otherwise, the hanging air of menace and malice was well done through the suggestive evidence of the witch's curse -- evil looking touches, smoke, twisted portals, etc. Lots of interesting HOG scenes; intriguing little games and puzzles throughout. I liked the two little helpers, the Fairy and the Dragon, they made good buddies for a lone adventurer through the scary landscape story. Great interactive graphics!

posted in Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera on Jan 4, 11 3:15 AM
I waited until after the holidays to play this game. I very much enjoyed it, the HOG scenes were just right, not too difficult yet full of atmospheric junk. The little games were cool too, and the Guide gave good hints so I managed to do most of those. The only problem I had was the running back and forth and up and down all over the place... I had trouble remembering what my objectives were some of the time... I had to use the walkthrough to help me navigate the game.

Overall, great artistic execution, great atmosphere and good pacing. Of course, it had to end in a hokey way to pave way for a sequel, ha, ha!

posted in Roads of Rome II on Dec 25, 10 12:28 AM
Yay! Like many of you said, this was pretty much a series of chores to do on a relaxed timer, and it feeds something in our ordered soul, I think, without the frantic pace of beating the clock as an additional pressure! yes, I played all 40 levels in one sitting myself, and fell asleep with the knowledge that i did a good deed for the day, ha, ha! Sometimes, we need a game like that to top it off. The feeling that one has crossed t's and dotted i's so to speak.

posted in Mystery of Mortlake Mansion on Dec 25, 10 12:25 AM
Hey, I just finished the game. This was a lot of fun, great graphics, lots of puzzles that were intriguing but not too difficult to solve (with a Skip button to boot! when your brain is just too tired).

Great graphics, lots of artistic details. Lots of fun with the shadowy side and the broken up side etc. Sort of like an extended scavenger hunt.

The magician villain is just right for me, mysterious and evil but not too creepy or gruesome, no murder or body parts, just enough things out of whack to convince one that there is a bad force at work...

Of course, the story does not have to make any sense, with Raven doing the final coup de grace.

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town on Oct 29, 10 2:28 AM
At the crane, use the controls to slide the hook all the way to the right, lower it, and hook it to the ramp, then bring the ramp towards the left, and deposit it near the ramp entry for the ship.
====================
The game was very involved, lots of twists and turns and running up and down and back and forth. I would have been lost without the help - arrow hinting at direction! Thanks for the hinting arrows -- I managed to finish the game without ever looking up the walkthrough.

Not too clear about the story. Clearly something awful happened to the people in the town, although we only get to enter one house and the police station. And two different ships that docked at the mysterious island have lost their people one way or another. People are used as human sacrifice to the reptilian god creature in the underground cavern and turn into reptilian zombies.

It was interesting watching the video ending. It was anti-climactic to be led about in this horror mystery and have such a downer ending. Oh well!

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® on Oct 19, 10 10:47 PM
I have just finished the game Drawn: Dark Flight. I had a great time playing it. Great graphics, story line, design, etc. I thought it was very creative to mix colors, and music, and imagination, theater, books, etc. It was a little difficult sometimes to figure out what to do and the Franklin character usually gave very subtle and helpful tips, I liked that. No hidden objects in this game, which is a nice change. Just dramatic and atmospheric enough, thanks!

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® on Oct 18, 10 9:30 PM
I have completed all the puzzles in the library-children's wing and obtained the 4 paper symbols. I am at the pop up book but I cannot figure out how and where the 4 symbols go. Is there supposed to be an obvious spot? help...

Never mind! I just figured it out. I had to pull up the purple tab on the right hand side, etc. and the lighted symbols showed inside the circle. Moving on...

posted in Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows on Sep 16, 10 3:26 PM
This was a great game for me, thanks BF! It was longer and more suspenseful than I expected, ha, especially after i found the witch the first time... The puzzles were intricate and challenging for me. Very atmospheric... The hints were not too helpful though... I ended up looking at the walkthrough to get unstuck a few times. Pls try giving helpful hints like in the "Redemption Cemetery-Curse of the Raven", that was a helpful option. I played the game for a very long time, on and off over a stretch of days. Great game!

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven on Sep 16, 10 1:13 AM
This was a great game, it took me a long time to finish playing it! I had to put it down and come back to it in order to get through it all, even with the help of the walkthrough. It was interesting pacing going from the cemetery to the grave and placating the ghost, only to find out there was more to do, over and over again, aargh! Graphics were great... I did not much care for the torture chamber in the castle of the werewolf but apart from that, it was fascinating. Thank you for doing a great job with this game, I look forward to more gaming.

posted in Build-a-Lot: The Elizabethan Era on Aug 24, 10 10:20 AM
I have been a big fan of Build-A-Lot (BAL) ever since the first one. Yes, it is more of the same with some new twists, so that's what is fun! Adventure and discovery of the unknown. However, I am finding it more difficult to go through this one than the previous ones... I have to work harder, much harder, and can still be stuck!!! It makes me wonder what I am doing wrong... So I am hanging in there.

I certainly do not expect to finish any new game in 2-4 hrs like some other gamers I see on the review board, I am humbly just a learner, but I get discouraged when I am stuck after playing a particular assignment a dozen times. I need to think of a better strategy... I do not complain too much about the lack of an obvious answer or resolution: sometimes life is like that, one has to live with reversals, challenges and apparent failure. One has to think harder and work harder. But it is less fun that way, I agree.

posted in Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows on Aug 24, 10 10:09 AM
Great game, particularly in terms of visual graphics, and unexpected sequencing. I love the HOG but the puzzles were puzzling for me -- I skipped a lot. I agree with other reviewers, that the Hints were not always helpful at all, more like snippy teasers! I had trouble figuring out what to do at times, because the "sparkle" hints are not that easy to find. Lovely graphic work, a feast for the eyes. I also like the level of mystery -- evil but not too creepy... Real looking but too real. I am now working my way out of the dungeon and I am repulsed by the suggestion of torture -- lots of hooks, blood sprays, etc. Am trying to do it without really looking at the scenes. The old witch got me, ha, ha! I really like this game, I think it is much better than the first one, more complex, more layered, more intriguing. I am slogging through it, ploddingly but with tons of good coffee. Thank you, Big Fish!

posted in Be a King 2 on Aug 15, 10 11:11 PM
To be fair, some of us are only humble beginners at building and resource management games, and this kind of game is enjoyable for its very simplicity. The goals are simple and achievable although challenging.

Although the Kingdoms of Camelot on Facebook are "free" to join, there are constant offers to spend more money in order to get ahead. I find that distracting and unnecessary. I am not interested in conquests or alliances so the limited world of building is good enough...

posted in Be a King 2 on Aug 15, 10 10:38 PM
When you click on an empty space, you get the choices of buildings in the lower bar. You click on "buy Houses". You get a thumbnail picture of a wooden house, and a Townhouse (wood and stone).

posted in Awakening: The Dreamless Castle on Feb 13, 10 4:20 PM
I had a lovely time playing this game all afternoon, while waiting for the blizzard of 2010 to melt away. It is rather easy but very enjoyable and relaxing and gorgeous to walk through. Sometimes my brain cells can only take so much excitement and this was perfect brain candy. I actually finished the game in one sitting which is a first for me.

posted in Enlightenus on Jul 27, 09 12:02 AM
I had a lovely time playing this game. I am not as smart as some other gamers... got stuck and had to refer to the walkthrough more than once. It is very absorbing and intricate, I really liked the unexpected twists and the humorous gags within the structured layout. Graphics are brilliant.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator