Posts created by popla27

posted in Dracula Origin on Aug 12, 13 8:46 PM
Just wanted to make an announcement that the Nancy Drew: The Haunted Carousel starting August 24th will now be being played at Challengers - along with the Broken Sword games which were already going to be played there.

I'm posting the link here but it might get removed, don't know how active the mods are going to be.
http://www.challengerscgc.com/forum/

If anyone is interested and the link is removed please PM myself, Catfish_Girl or McQuigan for info. If you sign up please also send a PM to one of us and let us know the username or email address you signed up with.

Thanks

posted in Dracula Origin on Aug 12, 13 1:42 PM
Hi minesita - you should be able to join in there now. See you there

posted in Dracula Origin on Aug 12, 13 1:13 PM
The game forums will be back, but could be down for several days, so it could end up being major disruption to a group play if you kept it here

posted in Dracula Origin on Aug 12, 13 1:04 PM
This thread and all game forums ARE affected - as per the announcement:

Beginning Tuesday, August 13th at 3:30pm PST, our forums will enter maintenance mode so we can modify our service and address key technical and performance issues. When the maintenance is complete, the game forums will return but all other general forums will have been retired. We estimate the maintenance period may last several days.

posted in Art of Murder: FBI Confidential on Jul 23, 13 10:02 AM
Hi Branes, I am hoping to start playing this in the next day or two I started with the group play back in September but due to things top side I had to pull out. I have been meaning to get back to this ever since and with a group play due to start soon of Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer I need to get cracking!

Are you playing now?

posted in Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake on May 20, 13 7:28 PM
I'm here and signing in finally, better late than never right?!

Happy anniversary sunshine!

My game is all downloaded and ready to go, hope to start tomorrow

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Apr 28, 13 5:01 PM
Hi mcquigan, it will be announced in chit chat near the end of the week.

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Apr 28, 13 6:52 AM
Congrats constantfire!

Journey to the Center of the Earth starts next weekend

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Apr 25, 13 7:18 PM
Congrats mcquigan and abiloo!!

YAY CfG!! Glad you managed to find them.

Somehow I seem to have missed Aquatic and sunshine finishing, sorry
Congrats sunshine and Aquatic!

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Apr 24, 13 1:53 PM
Congrats llstjohn!

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Apr 24, 13 1:35 PM
Congrats harlequen!

llstjohn - no the roses don't have any effect on the game, they are just a collectable and you need them if you want to earn the achievement.

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Apr 23, 13 11:02 AM
Aquatic you might be right, being so cute you know that kitty must be up to no good! I tried clicking everywhere and hoping it would register but no such luck

luvtoread I had thought about trying that but it's no longer in my inventory.

I really don't know if it's a glitch or what but in the end I just restarted with a new profile before I went to bed I shouldn't have really as I was at work today but it was annoying me! Anyway I finished it tonight YAY!! I found all the roses and did a speed play to get the final award (play in easy or casual). I enjoyed this game as I do all Cateia Games and good news about a new one being worked on, I look forward to its release!

constantfire, hope you enjoy the game

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Apr 22, 13 8:11 PM
Congrats marianne!

Okay so I started playing this tonight and have now reached chapter 3 :yay: ....
All was going so well until ** my torch ran out of power. ** No worries I thought I will just **make one I have the scotch and a cloth. ** so I did that and then realised I didn't have ** anything to light it with! ** I hunted high and low looking everywhere to find it. I ended up giving up and looking at a walkthrough (something I hate to do but I was tearing my hair out by this point. Anyway, so I look at the walkthrough and lo and behold ** the lighter is only in the freaking place I CAN'T LOOK BECAUSE IT'S DARK AND I HAVE NO LIGHT! Arghhhhh **

So that was my evening wasted unless someone has an idea, my game has come to an end and I will have to restart it coincedently whilst I was looking at said walkthrough I discovered I had found all the roses up to that point too - bet I can't repeat that on the restart!

Well it's 4am and I am tired and rather annoyed right now, so off to bed for me!

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Apr 22, 13 10:05 AM
Congrats Fiona, luvtoread and CfG!

Sorry for the radio silence guys, I got tangled up in some other stuff yesterday. I'm still to start playing this

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Apr 21, 13 5:42 AM
Players list updated

CfG! It's great fun isn't it, once I start I can't stop playing Torchlight!

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Apr 20, 13 10:46 AM
Hi minesita,

Glad you found us, I have added you to the players list

It doesn't really matter which mode you play, play whichever mode you feel most comfortable with. If you do decide you want to play adventure mode the group is always here to help with hints and such, but ultimately you play how you want to. When all is said and done we all want everyone to have fun and not be frustrated too much because seomthing is too difficult or whatever.

Some of us here are long term adventure gamers (I have been playing large file adventures for 20 odd years), others have been playing them only for a short time but have squeezed in a lot of large file adventure games in to that time and some will be new. As we are all at different levels of experience we all have things we are more comfortable with, just as some people are slower to play as others (for various reasons).

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Apr 20, 13 10:28 AM
duh, in the time it took me to read your first post and then read your next one saying you had a problem luvtoread, I had completely forgotten you said you bought it in the BOGOF sale today. Gosh is my memory really that bad!

That doesn't sound too promising as you should have the updated version. Oh I hope it works for you without any more problems. We really need a fingers crossed icon here!

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Apr 20, 13 9:00 AM
Players list is up to date now Great to see we have quite a few joining in

Oh no luvtoread and marianne, hope the updated version fixes the problems. Fingers crossed.

I will be playing in Adeventure mode and will be aiming to get all the achievements hope to start a little bit later.

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Apr 19, 13 10:33 PM
Players list

amj0963 - Playing
abiloo - Finished
sunshinej -Finished
luvtoread - Finished
mariannequilts - Finished
Fiona26 - Finished
Aquatic - Finished
mcquigan - Finished
popla27 - Finished
minesita - Playing
llstjohn - Finished
Catfish_girl - Finished
constantfire - Finished
harlequen - Finished

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Apr 19, 13 10:32 PM
This game has 3 gameplay settings - easy, casual and adventure. Each mode expkains the settings (hint recharge time, sparkles etc) so you are able to make a choice of the gameplay that suits you best. If however you would like a different mix of these settings, for example you would like sparkles but want a slower hint recharge you can!

To customise the gameplay settings go to the settings menu from the main menu. Here you can change the gameplay mode (easy, casual, adventure) and you can also customise the gameplay mode/difficulty by changing the speed of hint recharge and whether you want sparkles or the find item panel. - I think this is a great feature to Cateia Games for this!

In the settings menu there are also sliders for various volume controls - voice, music, effects and the master volume. This should allow for everyone getting the sound just how you like it.

Unlike many adventure games there is no manual save in this game - so no lost game progress if you forget! The game automatically saves as you exit the game.

There is a short tutorial that pops up when you start the game which asks if you would like interactive help - you can choose whether or not you want to. This combined with the help tab in the main menu should explain all the gameplay controls so I won't write them here.

As always, if there is anything you are unsure about (either about the game or the group play) please do not be afraid to ask. We are a friendly and helpful group and there is usually someone around not too long after a question is asked!

Have fun everyone!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator