Posts created by Meldandy

posted in Druid Kingdom on Jun 25, 13 6:59 AM
I don't mind the timer. Figuring out the most efficient strategy to finish the level is the goal for me. Other folks, maybe not so much. I like Druid Kingdom except for one little problem, and that's the rate of earning versus spending the diamonds for the extras like various powerups, new levels, and kingdom improvements. Even miserly usage of the in-play powerups will bleed you dry, and everything in the store (open after the first set of levels) is expensive. If you make the gold goal, you might earn as much as 15 diamonds. I bought the second set of levels and a couple of overall powerups and I was pretty much broke. I haven't fixed anything in my castle yet, and I have no idea if that has some bearing on the game play or is simply a way to waste diamonds.

Overall, I'm having fun with the game. It's bright and colorful, and I want to see the next levels of the game. The question remains can I afford to buy the next level sets.

posted in Meridian: Age of Invention on Feb 8, 13 4:07 PM
dancingsiberians wrote:
Re ost any Meridian: Age of Invention technical issues here only
by MarcyChesser on February 6, 3:01 PM
Hi there, I purchased and played the game without any issues until I got to level 50, I cleared the goal of getting the 3000 ore and sold some to buy the dynamite, however the little guy on the bike comes out to go to the store to buy it and just spins around and around, while this cracked me up, I am unable to finish the level without the dynamite any suggestions?

I am having the same problem. I have updated java and uninstalled/reinstalled the game twice. It's a pity because it was potentially a very cute game.

I'm stuck in the same place and followed the same steps in an attempt to clear up the problem.

I have another question too. Is there any reason for the couriers to jink, wank, and skitter all over the place, instead of traveling smoothly from place to place? I loose a lot of time to these antics. I understand making the game challenging, but this is just ridiculous.

posted in Dragon Crossroads on Dec 12, 12 4:48 PM
The Menu box pops up in the game screen every few seconds. The problem starts in the first level and really impedes the game. I might have enjoyed the game if not for this frustrating little problem.

posted in Hot Farm Africa on Sep 7, 12 12:58 PM
Kinda disappointing, really repetitious and pointless. Couldn't even hold my 6 year old's attention. Sorry, not a winner for me.

posted in My Life Story: Adventures on Aug 17, 11 2:56 PM
It's only Meh?! for me. It has a bit too much in common with the types of games I used to fiddle with on Facebook, just slightly more visually stimulating. Not enough though, 'cuz I was falling asleep. Also, finding the "sweet spot" on the different buttons was pesky. Slowed gameplay to a crawl.

Sorry, this one is not for me. Have fun with it, those of you who can. Buena suerte!

posted in Westward Kingdoms on Aug 12, 11 2:10 PM
One of those caged peasants is the potato farmer and he won't mive until you return his sacks of seed taters. He'll take a job as soon as you do.

posted in The Timebuilders: Caveman's Prophecy on Jun 14, 11 3:40 PM
I just played the demo and I liked the little changes the designers cooked up to make it different from Pyramid Builders (which I loved). I like the eggs and the plants that respawn resources. That is an interesting way to have "chests" of goodies in play. Is it similar to the other game? Sure, but the bigger questions are "did I have fun?" and "will I buy the game?" I would have to answer yes to both questions.

posted in Empires & Dungeons 2 on Jun 14, 11 3:34 PM
I read a lot of posts about how addicting this game is, and I'm arriving at the unfortunate comparison, after playing through the demo myself, that this game bears an eerie resemblance to the Zynga games on Facebook that I had to quit cold turkey because they were sucking up my life. It's visually dull, and while there's a lot of information to keep track of, it's really just a lot of clicking in one spot while the algorithm does all the work. I'd like a little something more to watch for all the rapid clicking I'm doing.

Just not my cup of tea.

posted in The King of Fire on Jun 3, 11 12:51 PM
Really didn't like it at all. I play games to relax but this felt more like an IQ test and I felt my irritation creeping up after 2 minutes of confusion with the binary game. Maybe if the game eased me into the modes with a tutorial game and didn't tick me off in the first 5 minutes of play, I would give it a bit more of my time.

posted in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland on May 4, 11 2:27 PM
I play a lot of HOG's with my wiggly daughter in my lap. She likes the stories, if I don't get bogged down in the puzzles too long. She was excited about "Alice. . " though I was dubious. She lasted about 5 minutes before she ran off for more interesting fun, and I was looking for the exit button and some Tylenol around minute #7. Ugh, the pictures are just too darn grainy and the objects too small and blurry. There are plenty of random clicking HOG's; this might be the worst I've encountered lately. Even that strange little fairytale about the mice that HdO put out last month was easier on the eyes. I wouldn't care if it followed the book to the letter, it's just not worth the migraine. I can read the book or watch any of the films with far less trouble and more enjoyment.

Pass!

posted in Venus: The Case of the Grand Slam Queen on Oct 5, 10 12:11 PM
Between the narcissitic angle and the stalker plot line, this was a no-go from the get-go. Since it wasn't too long ago that a female tennis pro had a very real stalker, this is an inappropriate story choice. I'm repulsed.

posted in Be a King on Aug 11, 10 3:37 PM
I did wonder why the game seemed short. Now if I can get the updated version to load, I can replay the whole game.

posted in Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box on Jun 26, 10 3:22 PM
Ok, this is just weird. I played the demo without any trouble a couple weeks back. I bought it today and now there's no picture, just music. And I don't mean a black or blank screen; it's more like the game window never opens. All I see is my regular wallpaper and the BF game manager with background music. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game, rebooted the computer, and no change. I've checked all the faq suggestions so it isn't one of them.

I just bought this thing and I've really been looking forward to it. Help!

posted in Deadly Sin on Jun 17, 10 3:01 PM
It's been a loooong while since I was near a town, but good tips just the same.

posted in Lilly and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals on May 19, 10 3:29 PM
OK, jog my memory. Which is the quest "In a Nightmare"? I've completed all quests (I think) except Find Granny. Did I miss one?

If you need me I'll be spanking Landsharks in Brackenfell.

posted in Lilly and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals on May 19, 10 3:23 PM
I'm still lost. Which room where I fought a dragon? The blue dragon in Brackfell? I tried going back but it wouldn't let me resummon him, so that's not it. The green dragon I'm collecting the eggs for? No, that's not it.

I guess I'm going dungeon diving. Well, I need the experience points anyway.

posted in Lilly and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals on May 19, 10 3:19 PM
The hit points on the orbs seems to decline as the fight progresses. No clue what would happen when the orbs reach 0 HP. Donovan's HP total seems to fluctuate, but I couldn't quite nail down whether the orbs gave back or took away his HP. It was confusing since I was poisoning the heck out of him at the time.

Mostly I was grateful that Donovan didn't have a massive party damage attack, or I wouldn't have been able to recover and keep going. It was a really long fight. I didn't expect him to have quite that many hit points. I attempted the fight and lost. Now I'm cleaning up the loose ends and leveling up my crew so that maybe I can do better the next time. I really don't want to do this more than twice.

posted in Lilly and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals on May 18, 10 4:18 PM
Oh, that's good to know. I was beating my brains out trying to find where the house was.

posted in Lilly and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals on May 18, 10 4:15 PM
Thanks for the list! You anticipated my question. Yay!

posted in Lilly and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals on May 18, 10 4:07 PM
Leveling up - check!
Tweak the Runes - check!
Pet choice - Dog or snake
Trinkets - dodge shoes, dexterity cuffs, and the stamina boost crown

I liked equipping the Poison runes (every little bit helps). If you use Lilly, put the Absorb rune on her Healing spell, so she gets a little HP boost each time she uses it. If you use Lilly and Sasha, their team move sucks HP off every opponent and gives it to your team. That's nice. As for strategy, I like knocking out the backup wizards quickly and then concentrating on the big guy.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator