Posts created by Grandmamum

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Aug 3, 13 11:56 AM
GMum signing in - will finish the Download in my free download time tonight and be with you all tomorrow.

posted in Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake on May 22, 13 9:58 AM
CONGRATULATIONS AQUATIC, SUNSHINE & ABILOO !!

Got back late last night and have drifted around today, not sure what time it is!!! Anyway - wonderful holiday is now over , so I think a little bit of ND may help the blues. Will download tonight and hopefully join those of you still playing tomorrow.

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand on Apr 7, 13 5:56 AM
CONGRATULATIONS AQUATIC!!!

Glad to see you back again - I hope you've finally shaken off your illness. We do our taxes at the end of May- France and October - UK. Have to do both which is a real pain - a job I loathe.

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand on Apr 4, 13 6:06 AM
Finished!!!

Didn't realise I was quite so near the end. ** Died several times in the Monolith, of course. **

All in all great game again - bad case of writer's cramp, but worth it.

Off to begin downloading Gabriel Knight. Being 2.5 GB need to do most of it at night, but can spare about 700 MB to get it started. Also have a Beta to do - 9 Clues - The secret of Serpent Creek

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand on Apr 3, 13 11:01 AM
Yeh! No I haven't finished but I have ** all 6 keys and no-one wants to speak to me, so leaving it for tonight , Now I have to find out how to put them together and get in that Monolith. Still no 2nd chances so I just know there will be one in there. Feeling a bit nervous about going in!!! **

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand on Apr 3, 13 5:51 AM
CONGRATULATIONS CFG!!

llstjohn and Aquatic are you two there??? Just us left now. Aquatic, I hope you're ok and your illness hasn't come back.

Well - so much for thinking I was on track! I had a decent few hours yesterday, but got very frustrated as I completed most things I had to do and couldn't find the trigger to get ** into Joanna's office when she was out. I spent ages going round and round, changing the time numerous times and visiting everyone. I had had the request for the provenance from Alejandro, so what was wrong? In the end I repeated the other 2 questions to him and Lo and Behold Joanna had gone. I must have left one of them out before. Anyway by that time it was nearly time to stop as I spent ages copying out all the info from Henrik's disk and then making a few phone calls. I also did some more of the Temple Puzzles and have done the calendar puzzle in the 3rd room - was surprised how straightforward that was. **

Thanks for the info. re Easter Eggs, Gingergal - I can stop wondering where they might be now. Still waiting for the ** second chances ** glad there's not too many.

As others have said this game does feel a bit disjointed and so much information. That had me bogged down at first, but I've learnt so much now and it's very interesting. Do we assume all the information is actually correct? If it is I'm very impressed with the research that went into this game. Although Nancy games are supposedly shorter, I think have taken more notes in this than any other.

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand on Apr 2, 13 5:07 AM
Thanks for the tips Gingergal. I'm only getting to play in shortish stints with this one , so it's taken a bit of getting into, but now I think I'm more on track. Yesterday, I managed to do ** the numbers puzzle and all the puzzles in the first room at the top of the steps. I also did most of the ones downstairs, but now have to find info. for the last quiz question. I need to go to the hospital and see Henrik, so that's first up today. I also wonder if I should go to the museum at night and look around Joanna's office - maybe Sinclair's too but both may be locked.**

Anyway off to play now - have a feeling it won't be plain sailing - no ** second chances ** yet, so I guess they're coming.

Did anyone find any "Easter Eggs" in this one?

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand on Mar 31, 13 3:49 PM
CONGRATULATIONS POPLA !!!

Well Duh!! Just settled down to play today and visitors dropped in! Anyway when they went I got a couple of hours and at least made a bit of headway ** Sorted the pottery task and the headphones one - really enjoyed that - now just have the number system to crack. I'm really surprised that the game let the robbery happen when I hadn't done the tasks, because it's clear that I can't follow that up until I have them finished. It really sidetracked me as I went into "Solve the Crime" mode and if you think logically that doesn't make sense. I'm not sure about the numbers one, as I don't think I've seen any clear information, but I do still have Sonny's disk which is in Nancy's computer waiting for a password. When I put it in it wouldn't let me even try a password, maybe now I have done a bit more I can open that and see if it helps.**

Thank you all for the crossed fingers and toes - will keep you informed,

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand on Mar 31, 13 6:50 AM
CONGRATULATIONS Raven_Wing, Gingergal and Bellsprout!!!

I managed about 3 hours yesterday but seem to have got myself in a bit of a muddle ** The robbery has taken place, but I haven't done all the tasks, in fact I've only been to the Mexican Consulate and Sinclair's Office. I couldn't get any Bubble wrap etc and I keep trying to phone the place where Henrik worked before and can't get any answer.He's missing right now so I can't ask him anything. I need to find at least one more pottery piece and although I've an idea what to do with the soundtracks I still haven't made much progress. **

I need to get back to it and I think take each thing step by step instead of flitting around talking to people.

Gingergal, Marianne & CFG thank you for all your good wishes - just got to keep our fingers and toes crossed now.

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand on Mar 29, 13 8:31 AM
Gingergal, thanks for remembering - it was today. Quite inconclusive - Bloods are rising, but last November's scans were clear. Soo it looks like an advanced PET scan or a biopsy, to find out where the little B***** is lurking. Then they can decide what can be done.

Sorry you're still having problems with the game, mine's from BF and seems fine. Still hardly started though - have promised myself a weekend off to have a good go at it. Llstjohn, you won't be on your own.

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand on Mar 28, 13 6:29 AM
CONGRATULATIONS !!! ABILOO, MARIANNE AND HARLEQUEN

Didn't get to play yesterday, so still barely started. Will try and get some in today as out all day tomorrow at the hospital.

Gingergal
- did you get the game started?

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand on Mar 26, 13 11:24 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind words - much appreciated xx

Finally got started today, but only had an hour or so am like Gingergal, wandering around Clueless! Read a lot of things and found out how ** to get to my hotel - tried phoning, but no-one wants to speak to me not even Bess and George, which is unusual as normally you can't shut them up!! - I guess I need to find that task list first, ** will get back to it tomorrow,

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand on Mar 25, 13 6:12 AM
Welcome Raven_ Wing, I'm sure you'll really enjoy being part of a Group play.

Sorry you've been poorly Abiloo, hope you feel well enough to play today.

Oooo Marianne 65 degrees - only 5 weeks until we visit down the road from you - can't wait.

I haven't started yet either, so there will be quite a few of us bringing up the rear.
Had a lousy weekend , as our oldest dog (15 years) has been going downhill for a while now and finally went into a coma and passed away last night. Bless her we were going to have to take her to the vets today, for the inevitable. I didn't want to put her through being bundled into the car and maybe frightened, so it is such a blessing really - so sad though.

On a brighter note, in case any of you don't log into BF everyday. ND Secret of Shadow Ranch is today's DD. I have it already, but there will surely be some of you who haven't.

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand on Mar 23, 13 4:58 AM
Thanks CFG/Popla

Grandmamum raring to go, but have visitors today, so will be with you tomorrow x

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Mar 20, 13 2:49 PM
Whew !! Finished.

A really good game - I enjoyed the puzzles at the beginning more than the end - but have loved both Sherlock's I've played so far. AL does sound very much like a Dalek with a French accent though!!!

Decided not to go back to replaying all of Still Life 2 that I lost, right now, as that will make me very late with ND - will get back to that after I've finished Nancy.

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Mar 20, 13 5:55 AM
CONGRATULATIONS FIONA !!

Played lot yesterday and am at the place I think you must finish at - don't look unless you have finished ** The Tower again. I think I had a slight advantage over those of you from the US, knowing London well, as although I went to Big Ben first, thinking what a clever clogs I was! When that failed I remembered the PM mentioning the Crown Jewels and I had an idea about them too from a a picture in the foyer at the National Gallery at the beginning - where the footsteps stopped. **

I have done quite a bit at the above place - it's the most tricky so far for me.

Sunshine, I have visited all the places in the game except for the next to last one, which was not open to thepublic when I last did touristy things in London.
Of course there are a lot more rooms than those shown, but I especially loved the ** National Gallery **, both in real life and in the game and as a kid I loved going to the ** Tower **and seeing the (don't look unless you've finished) ** Crown Jewels **and the Chopping Block and axe used for executions gave me scary goosebumps. The ** Ravens ** were large birds and wandered around quite tame.

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Mar 17, 13 10:20 AM
Done it !! Thank you both. Marianne mine is the D/L too, so I just retraced my steps and went at it from a different angle and there we were.

Am now in ** Buckingham Palace and have just muddled through, preparing the dog's food - didn't find that fun - a bit too mathematical for me!! **
Going out tonight, but hope to have a good go at it tomorrow.

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Mar 17, 13 5:25 AM
Thanks for the advice Marianne and Mr Russ. No, neither left or right control do anything apart from change the 1st to 3rd person perspective. What puzzles me is that the spacebar doesn't indicate anything ** all along the bottom row of section I. ** Marianne were you in 3rd person when Holmes crouched? I play almost entirely in 1st person now, so maybe that's it? Also is your game from BF or is it on disk?

I'll have another go later - need to get past this - it must be something silly.

Thanks again both

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Mar 16, 13 4:22 PM
Decided to try and complete the ** sun puzzle ** tonight and I'm well and truly stuck, so can someone please help me?
I ** rotated all the planets and got a total of 1612 - tried this in the library machine but didn't work and then I realised the funny bit with the moon. I then got to 1666 (My first thought was the Fire of London), but when I entered the date in the Library it was something quite different in I 13-12. I went there but get nothing.In the end I looked at the help and it says press control to crouch, but control just changes it to 3rd person. I remember Mr Russ saying something about crouching in The Awakened (early version) **

Anyway, I just can't figure out what to do to trigger this. Help pretty please !

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Mar 16, 13 12:37 PM
Gosh, my brain hurts! Have spent the whole day in the ** British Museum - I don't remember visiting there was this taxing in real life!! Made a slow start on it yesterday - a lot of wandering and looking at things and very little action. Needed to sneak a peek at the ? to get me started on the safe puzzle, but todays puzzles have been better, apart from getting stuck on the second move in the coin puzzle - just couldn't get the significance of the word "cut". Have just got to the planets puzzle, but that looks complicated, so will leave that for tomorrow. **

I really like this game, as I love word puzzles, but I can see why some get frustrated with it.

How are the rest of you getting on - CFG, Sunshine, Deebeth, Popla, Abi and anyone else - did you make it out of the ** Tower ** LOL Most people who were put in there never came out - I guess we've been lucky so far!!! I think yu'll get used to first person Deebeth as long as it doesn't make you feel sick. I was all over the place with " Awakened", but find it easier now.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator