Posts created by Housen

Hello all!

I was not sure where exactly to post this So since this is one of the games I'm having trouble with, I'll do it here. I recently had to have a new system installed on my computer due to a virus. I am now running Vista Business. I have never used vista before and I am having problems getting games to work on it. Take puppetShow: The price of immortality, it will install just fine, but when I click on it to play the game manager will close like to does when a game is starting, but then I get a message from windows telling me that the game has closed. This has also happened to with Nightfall: An Edgar Allen Poe Mystery, Dark Tales: EAP: Marie Roget (sorry I know that's not spelled right.)

However, Farm up, Midnight castle, Awakening Kingdoms, will run. I don't know what the difference is. I am seeing some screen flickering on Awakening Kingdoms. Has anyone else experienced this?

I 'm wondering: if these games just aren't compatable with Vista Business?
A flashplayer issue?
a video card issue?

If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly apprecialed? Over the years I have purchased at least five hundred dollars of games on disks. They are mostly hidden object games from BigFish and I will be devestated if I can no longer play them. Please help.

Thank You!

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 11, 14 8:43 AM
Have not updated this for a few weeks as there has been nothing new to say. Even though there have been a couple of updates since my problem began they did nothing to fix the situation. I have heard nothing further from BF or the game developers, to whom the problem was supposed to have been turned over to. I guess they don't understand my problem either. Am going to uninstall the game for good today and move on. A shame this happened. Thanks to everyone who provided suggestions about how to fix the problem. I sincerely hope that none of you ever have to deal with this issue. Have a great day all!

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 18, 14 9:13 AM
I don't know it that makes sense. {my above post}

Bottom line is I am sorry that I took your posts out of context. I should not have assumed the worst, just because of previous experiences with other game companies.
I hope we are good.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 18, 14 9:11 AM
TiramaSue wrote:Housen - what rosiebvt said.

I do sympathize with you regarding the loss of your game. I lost my Awakening Kingdoms game when my hard drive failed. It was not fun having to start over and feeling out of the loop because my friends were all so far ahead of me and I didn't have a clue what they were talking about. That was five months ago and I still haven't caught up.

But I didn't think it would be right to let people think your game had been hacked or that security was lax. Many people reading the forum and playing this game have Big Fish Game Club accounts with their financial info on file. They shouldn't have to worry that their info had been compromised. As annoying as it is to lose a game, it pales in comparison to learning that an unauthorized person is charging things to your credit card due to a company's computer being hacked. I know, I got that tee shirt as well this year.

I'm so sorry that your game is gone too. I appreciate the info. I did not know about your programming degree. All I was hearing when you posted was doom and gloom and that the bottom line was that the company couldn't be held responsible. It's that last part that really irked me, because I have had so many problems with other game companies,(**** ***** for one), and it was never ever their fault or problem. When I had seen the last two of your posts it just sounded corporate to me. I apologize for for taking it that way, without knowing your background.

I am also terribly sorry that you were a victim of credit card fraud as well. That totally sucks! However, I will say that i think everyone should be concerned about that, because NO company's systems are 100% secure. To those who use credit cards, please be careful. I suppose it's silly but things like that are the reasons that I will not have credit or debit cards.

Lastly, I did not realize that game could become "linked", I appreciate what you were saying about it. And you probably are right. There most likely is nothing that BF can do about it. I guess I just wanted to hear that from them, you know. I mean it is their product. I my crochet business, if one of my clients comes to me after I have delivered a product to them and tells me, hey this is coming apart. It's my job to tell them how to fix it, to fix it for them, or to say I'm sorry this can't be saved, we'll have to start over. That's what I have to do because it's my product.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 17, 14 9:42 AM
rosiebvt wrote:Housen,
TiramaSue is simply trying to bring some balance to the comments. We've had times in the past where players have been so vehement about BF being out to cheat them that they've threatened lawsuits. We don't have any of those around lately, but the assumption seems to be that BF and/or Elephant will do anything to make a buck, whether moral or not. I'm not remotely implying you're one of these people, just that this is what we've seen in the past. There are some of us who have technical backgrounds in computing and know or can deduce enough to give an educated opinion. I think it probably irks us when we see blame being put where it doesn't necessarily belong, that's why there are some "very certain" comments. We're just trying to pass info along, not shout down other opinions.
Rose

It's all good.Like I said I was just curious. I'm not going to file a lawsuit over a silly free game. All I'm suggesting is that maybe the developers should take more time to maintain the game instead of constantly releasing updates that aren't ready to be released. Whatever happened to my game happened after an update, and I know that a lot of other players had other technical problems as well. I'm not really angry, just sad for all the lost time that could have been spent on a different game.
Besides I didn't realize that "balance" needed to be brought to the comments. I'm the only one who addressed that company directly, and the only reason I did so was as I said in an earlier post support has not contacted me in many days. If my game is just gone. Fine. That's life. Computer stuff just messes up and it seems to me that on one is ever to blame. That's okay to . I just wanted a resolution one way or another, because if this is happening to me, one day it could be happening to you, TiramaSue, or any other player. Guess I'm the one in the wrong for being upset. I apologize to anyone that was offended by any of my posts.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 16, 14 8:41 AM
TiramaSue wrote:It's not a question of servers being secure. Nobody hacked the BF server. It's sounds more like something went wrong when the data base was rekeyed. Your social code is the key (or pointer) that tells the program which data is your data.

When you restart the game, please write down your social code. Somewhere on the forum is instructions for saving your game files to an external device. That's probably something we all should be doing in case the our games ever get messed up or in case our own computers fail.

I do wish this game had a sign in feature and saving to the cloud like the BoomZap games so that it was easy to move it from one machine to another.

Do you work for Big Fish? You seem to be going out of your way to defend them, which is of course your right. I'm just curious how you can be so absolutely certain what is going on? Not try to start a fight, just curious.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 15, 14 3:10 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
Housen wrote:
Since you're giving up on your glitched game, do you want to start a different one? There's plenty of info in the forum on how to get a game started with a new user on your computer, if you want to go that way. Let us know if that's what you want and we can get you the info. You don't need to completely give up on MC, unless you're so fed up with the glitch that you don't want to deal with it anymore . (We can sympathize if that's how you feel.)
Rose

I haven't given up on it completely. I think I'm going to give support to the end of the month to try and figure this out. It's just depressing that I haven't heard from them in days. I info you spoke of about starting over would be much appreciated just in case. I really like this game and had a lot fun playing it. I would really hate to have just let it go completely. Thanks!

I don't think CS or the techies will be able to find "your" game without your social code. There's no games out there with your user name. The odds are that when you got linked up with H's game, your game either vanished from the server or somebody else got linked with your game and has changed the name from Lady Housen to something else.

So what you're saying is that I'm basically screwed. Wonderful. Guess I'll try Whitebutterfly54's helpful directions for creating a new account.

To BIG FISH: This should never have happened. Your servers should be more secure. I have never had a problem of this nature before. I have really lost a lot of respect for this company. It will certainly affect my choice to play ANY of your future releases. What would be the point of playing something for months, then you update the game, causing my game to become linked to another persons? Answer: there is no point. Just a lot of wasted time.

Cat
 posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 15, 14 10:39 AM
KRTR wrote:I have found that you can get a lot of Gold Bars in the Penny Arcade using the middle game (the one that uses Gold Stars). I've been playing it a lot and it gives lots of Gold Bars, food, and keepsakes!!!!!

Awesome! Thanks for the tip!

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 15, 14 10:37 AM
Since you're giving up on your glitched game, do you want to start a different one? There's plenty of info in the forum on how to get a game started with a new user on your computer, if you want to go that way. Let us know if that's what you want and we can get you the info. You don't need to completely give up on MC, unless you're so fed up with the glitch that you don't want to deal with it anymore . (We can sympathize if that's how you feel.)
Rose

I haven't given up on it completely. I think I'm going to give support to the end of the month to try and figure this out. It's just depressing that I haven't heard from them in days. I info you spoke of about starting over would be much appreciated just in case. I really like this game and had a lot fun playing it. I would really hate to have just let it go completely. Thanks!

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 14, 14 3:05 PM
FishyFemale is right the people that have been taking the time to help me are awesome!

Cat
 posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 14, 14 11:04 AM
sahobbs wrote:The purchase of the cat and it's first necklace does have something with the paintings showing up quicker. There are other posts about this and they found out getting the cat helped.
About getting gold without having to purchase it, I can only say get some of your achievements that give out gold done. You can't get gold through the auction sells until the next upgrade (whenever that is).
Good luck and Happy Gaming from just another Guppy swimming in the Big Pond!

Thanks for your help!! Everyone on these forums are so nice!

Cat
 posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 14, 14 9:11 AM
Maybe this is a silly question, but do you have to buy the cat to do the painting quests? I finished the quest with the amber glass and found the first painting, but after that there has not been any new quests popping up or anything. All I can figure is that I have to buy the silly cat. Am I right?

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 14, 14 9:02 AM
A quick note, there was an update on Saturday, I think it was. Unfortunately it did not help the situation.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 12, 14 9:11 AM
TiramaSue wrote:
guppies56 wrote:
gernespieler wrote:if you search for 45937 you get the info

H, level 21

None of the H or h players is on level 18

I think he took her game from level 18 to level 21 gernespieler.

He took the game in question from level 18 to level 21. There isn't enough evidence to figure out whether H has been mistakenly linked to Lady Housen's game or vice versa.

Housen, you mention you've been playing since it was first released. Do you mean the beta release or the official release on Jan 22? I looked through the PC Friend Codes thread, and on Jan 5, somebody reported that their computer had crashed and that they had gotten a new code, which was 36793.

So, If you were playing before Jan 5, your social code should be much lower than 45937, and you've been linked to somebody else's game.

I'm pretty sure I was playing before Jan. 5. I think you are right and that it has become linked to "H"'s game, and that the game I was paying is gone. I'm not getting assistance from support any more. I think I may just delete the game from my computer and move on to something else. A shame I really liked this game.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 11, 14 9:23 AM
rosiebvt wrote:You haven't mentioned - has your level changed or where you are in the quests? Has your inventory changed at all when the name/avatar changes happen? If not, I have a sneaky suspicion that there's crossed wires only in the social part of your game. I don't know if that info might help the devs locate the problem more easily. I don't know why this would only happen recently unless the other player just started and had an accidental linkup with your ID.

Yes, my level did change. When this mess started I was at level 18, now I'm level 21. I don't mind that, but I would have liked to have gotten there on my own. And there is always a lot of different stuff in my inventory. And quests that I start are generally always done and new ones started when I check back in.

Thanks to Arizona63Tucson for checking on those other players listed in my friends list that I don't know. I would like to try to contact them and see if they are having problems, especially the player "H" that seems to be linked to my game. Unfortunately there are so many players listed as "H" it would be impossible to narrow down the right one.

To any player using the name "H" in Midnight Castle that has been experiencing problem like the ones I have described please contact me. Maybe if we both contact support it will help get a quicker resolution.

Also if anyone has some free time and wants to, check out the player ID 45937, this is the one that is supposed to be mine. I'm curious as to what info can be found about it if a player search is done.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 10, 14 10:45 AM
rosiebvt wrote:I started late January and my code is in the 79,000s. Sounds like you would have had to have started early to mid-January for that code.

I started playing when the game was first released. The very first day. I've had a lot fun with up til now.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 9, 14 12:24 PM
TiramaSue wrote:Housen -

I'm not sure what the game drops on your computer (some sort of cookie?) to link it up with the info on the server but whatever it is, something is corrupted.

I just did a friends search for Lady Housen, hoping to find your social number and didn't find anybody listed by that name.

There are 24 people playing as h or H.

It's possible this person H was mistakenly linked to your game (corrupted key). Or you were mistakenly linked to H's game. Unable to determine whose game it is since you didn't write down your social code.

Not sure is CS or Elephant will be able to determine the correct owner of this game. It might just be quicker and cause less grief in the long run for you to ask CS how to delete this game from your machine and start over.

You might be right. I'm still waiting for support to tell me something definite. The id code that seems to be mine is 45937. This seems to stay the same even if my name is changed.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 8, 14 9:32 AM
DivaDoodle wrote:
Housen wrote:Just checked into the game again. Seems that things have been changed again. Guess changing my password didn't do any good. So frustrated right now.

Housen what was changed this time? so happy to hear you do not have your cc on there!
BTW what happens if you do click to buy something? can you check, but cancel or x out of it in time to not actually buy something.

Also wanted to ask you if you had unfriended the person they added and if you had changed your avatar and name in the game? I was suggesting these things just so you would have something easy to see, that would be easy to report to CS. also when you do report to CS do it on the same email they sent back to you, so all the information stays together.

GL

Thank you for your interest!

I had changed my name and removed all the added friends. But when I checked back in later that had all been put back.
1. name: H, should have been Lady Housen
2. friends deleted were put back, 1. PlayereNana, 2. Diane, I have no idea who these people are.

I'll have to check about what happens if I try to buy something. I've never tried before. Will keep you updated.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 7, 14 11:47 AM
Just checked into the game again. Seems that things have been changed again. Guess changing my password didn't do any good. So frustrated right now.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 7, 14 9:27 AM
llaurelwreath wrote:
Don't forget that you need to delete the credit card information that is part of your BFG account. Since someone else has access to your game they can buy coins and diamonds using your account if you don't.

I appreciate your concern. Thankfully I have never entered any payment info on any website. I'm way to afraid to put that stuff online, with my luck someone else would use it.

Just want to say thanks to everyone who has made suggestions to try to help me. I've gotten better ideas from all of you then from support. Thanks again!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator