Posts created by virginiabreeze

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 29, 18 2:39 PM
Good bye to all, until we meet again.

Will the last person who leaves please shut off the lights

Farewell

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 18 7:14 PM
I am not worried about our animal companions. Nor am I worried about the ghost players.

For Sebastien told me that the portal he found was at Delphi, and that was where he was leading the ghosts at this very moment.

And being who and what he was, he would make sure the animals arrived safely as well.

So I went back to the Record Book and back to studying the history of the Special Room.

While keeping a surreptitious eye on Big Kitty's progress.

Only here would one have a second in command that needs his own second in command to keep him out of trouble.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 18 7:02 PM
I am normally a gentle soul and love things to be quiet and orderly.

So I do understand PTG's wish for order, I really do.

But "manky?"

Sorry PTG, but this little southern belle knows what that word implies.

And, as a person who is being protected by her own "feline" nation, I am a little irked.

But again I am a gentle soul and love order. And at this moment, we need to know who are the present inmates of the Special Room and where they are without notifying the wrong people. A impromptu census so to speak.

So I wrote down my concern and attached the note to a feline messenger to deliver to PTG.

Big Kitty is happy to oblige .

(Have I been around Annaleise too long?)

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 18 5:49 AM
"MY DEAR LADY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVELY OFFER TO RESCUE ME AND MY FRIENDS.

I HAVE NOW FOUND THE PORTAL TO OUR NEW HOME. ALL I HAVE TO DO NOW LEAD THE GHOST PLAYERS THROUGH THE PORTAL AND HAVE THEM SET UP A NEW SECRET LIBRARY. ONCE THE MIRROR IS SECURED THERE, I CAN USE THE SMALLER MIRRORS TO LEAD OTHERS THERE. "

AS SEBASTIEN WAS SPEAKING, HE BEGAN TO BE SURROUNDED BY EVERY CAT AND KITTEN IN THE AREA. FROM FAR OFF, I COULD HEAR A LION ROAR.

"I AM SURE THAT SAM CAN NOTIFY HIS MISTRESS THAT THE GHOSTS WILL BE HAPPY TO ASSIST HER IN HER PACKING. AS FOR YOUR ITEMS . . . THANK YOU GRAMMI G . . HERE IS YOUR CARPETBAG AND KNITTING YARN.

I BELIEVE IF YOU SEND OUT NOSE AND NIX WITH A MESSAGE, THEY CAN LOCATE YOUR ELVEN FRIENDS. THEY BECAME GOOD FRIENDS WITH NIX WHILE YOU WERE TRANSPORTING THEM.

THE OTHER INMATES HAVE PETS YOU MAY NOT HAVE MET BUT CAN ASSIST YOU. DOC POPPET HAVE TWO DRAGON COMPANIONS, CINDERS AND PUFF. AUNTIE ROO HAS A MONKEY NAMED FEZ. THERE IS A GERMAN SHEPARD NAMED TYREE WHO ANSWERS TO AN INMATE NAMED RIDDLER.
THE MESENGER PIGEONS YOU SEE FLYING AROUND BELONG TO PTG' S FAIRY GODMOTHER.

AND PTG HAS A PET OWL NAMES HOOTIE AND A RAVEN FRIEND WHO CAN COMMUNICATE MENTALLY.

I AM QUITE SURE THAT YOU WITH YOUR WAY WITH ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL WILL KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THEM."

SEBASTIEN PICKED UP HIS NOTES AND STOOD UP. THEN HE WALKED OVER TO ME.

" I HAVE TO BACK TO THE LIBRAY AND BEGIN THE MIGRATION. I WILL RETURN SOON. MEANWHILE, YOU WILL BE PROTECTED."

SUDDENLY ALL THE FELINES THAT HAD SURROUNDED SEBASTIEN WERE NOW SURROUNDING ME (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF PRECIOUS AND SAM, WHO REMAINED WITH CHARLIE). ONCE AGAIN THERE WAS A FAR OFF ROAR.

SEBASTIEN DISAPPEARED. ANNALEISE REMAINED, STILL SMILING.

"I WONDER WHERE PTG AND HIS BROOM IS NOW?"

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 18 5:09 AM
Sebastien has brought the Record Book to the Tea Room and both he and I has been looking through it for answers.

I believed Katt was quite surprised when he chained it to one of her new tables!

Looking down at his notes, he then took out his mirror and concentrated.

He then disappeared . . .only to re-appear a few seconds later.

Smiling. He had found the portal to our new home.

He then picked up his notes and knelt in front of Charlie. . .

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 17, 18 12:06 AM
I received a message from Sebastien.

"The inmates of the Special Room are in danger.

Annaleise is furious."

I asked Sebastien to transport me back …

.. and was immediately bowled over by Big Kitty.

Sebastien helped me up and led me over to a chair. Blackie and Chris jumped up in my lap (not you, Big Kitty) and soon all three were purring. Becki came over and handed me a cup of coffee.

Sebastien pulled up a chair and sat down facing me. He then calmly filled me in on the situation with Adrian. But that was the least of his concerns.

Annaleise in her zeal to help me and the other inmates had pushed the management of MC too far. In order to recapture the inmates, and rid themselves once and for all of Annaleise and her “glitches;” they have decided to shut down all the access portals to the Castle. No longer would a player be able to immerse themselves in the world of MC. They would open the game, play, may spend some money, and leave. Midnight Castle would then become a simple game. Just like any other.

Or as Annaleise would say, boring.

And of the inmates of the Special Room? Even if they defeated Adrian, they would become frozen in time as the last portal closed. Their exploits will be there for future generations of MC players to read (if they are interested).

But unlike Sebastien, Becki and the other ghostly deleted players, there will be no one to come by to wake them up and bring them back to life.

There will be only oblivion. And Sebastien, for one, was having none of that.

“I can always send you back to the Real World. However, neither I, Big Kitty, the kittens nor the others can come with you. I have been practicing with the mirror, seeing if I can find a portal to a plane of alternate reality where our story can continue. The ghost players have been packing up the Secret Library in readiness to move on. And maybe Annaleise has one final major glitch up her sleeve.”

Annaleise appeared and smiled.

I looked at the three ghosts before me. I then looked around at the other inmates and wondered what they were going to do.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 14, 18 4:51 AM
I whispered to Sebastien and he nodded. Then I looked into his mirror and left.

Sebsatien took physical form.

"Breeze has had to go back to the real realm for a little while. She is alright . . .it is just that the birthdate of a loved one who has recently passed has occurred. I will stay here and keep her posted.

Again, she will be fine, she is just sad. She will return soon."

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 12, 18 5:13 AM
Original Post deleted by author

KAT

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 5, 18 5:32 PM
My ghostly protector is once more speaking to his mirror.

"Of course, you can take her her laptop, Breeze doesn't mind. YES, GRAMMI G CAN GO TO THE TEA ROOM. I AM SURE BREEZE WOULD BE HAPPY FOR HER TO KEEP CHARLIE COMPANY. HELP GRAMMI G WITH HER ROCKING CHAIR AND KNITING SUPPLIES. "

I motioned to him.

"Keep me posted."

"I am curious. Why are you asking the ghosts to do things in my name?"

He looked at me quietly. "You really don't know, do you?"

"Know what?"

"The power you hold. Before you arrived in the library, the deleted players were in limbo. I do not know if it is because you are able to "ghost," but you "woke" us up. We are now able to move around and communicate with other players again. And we can once again play the game. We are quite beholden to you and will do anything to protect you."

"Also, Annaliese listens to you, she considers you her best friend. Imagine that, you are friends with the cause of most of the glitches in MC universe."

A rather sobering thought considering the damage that Annaliese is capable of. "I do have one other question, if you do not mind."

"What is your name?"

He smiled. "My name is Sebastien, Bast was my player name."

"Bast? As in the Egyptian goddess of protection and cats?"

"Why do you think you have Big Kitty."

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 3, 18 6:43 PM
"Understood. Please tell Becki that Breeze requests that she go over to the Tea Room with her espresso and cappuccino machines . Ask her to speak to Katt, the new owner."

" You are making a lot of requests in my name."

"At least I remember it. "Amethyst" indeed."

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 3, 18 5:39 AM
I sat down and watched PTG and the others search the Temple of Justice.

I was tired and my knee was aching. As I began to yawn a cup of coffee appeared before me. I grabbed hold of the cup and looked over at my ghostly protector. After searching the room, he had came back to me and now was once again conversing with my other ghost friends in the library.

"Thank you, keep me posted." He looked at me. "Are you alright? Would you like to return to the library to rest?"

"No, I promised PTG and the others I would help them."

"And so will I."

"Any news?"

"They have now made it to Level 43 in the game. We have agreed not to do the DQ unless absolutely necessary as the Spring Fairy keeps asking for Spring Cakes. DandyDog left and Mrs. Fletcher went after him and closed the Tea Room . . ."

"What. . . "

"Do not worry, they have both left the MC story realm safe and sound. I did tell the others that you would be worried about Charlie and Big Kitty and the other pets. So a few of the older ghosts will be watching over the Tea Room. Since Charlie can see and speak to them, she shouldn't get lonely."

" As for Annaliese, I understand that MC management is now hiring. It seems that several guards and nurses have left. A few that remain have barricaded themselves in the pharmacy and refuse to give out any more pink pills to the inmates, claiming them all for themselves. The inmates are wandering about, half of them confused about what is going on and demanding their medication, the others slowly coming out of their drug induced fog and demanding answers from their doctors. Who have now locked themselves into their offices to hide from their former patients. "

We both quietly chuckled as I finished my coffee.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 3, 18 2:56 AM
And you must love animals (especially tigers who think they are overgrown housecats ) as we all have pets.

Coffee! How I have missed coffee My ghostly protector looks into his mirror. Cup of caramel macchiato appears

"There is an espresso machine here? Oh, I see, one of the ghosts was a barista and brought it along to play MC 24/7"

Please join us. I think I found your first employee.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 1, 18 8:30 PM
I was hoping this was an April Fools joke as well. . .

Farewell and good luck , you will be missed

Feel free to come back, both to the game and to the Special Room. We will leave the light on for you.

virginiabreeze aka kat

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 29, 18 5:18 AM
My ghostly protector then decided to speak.

"Neither Breeze nor I will need to use the tablets. In our ghostly forms, we will be able to pass through the tunnels. You might need someone who can become full sized."

I walked over to the door to the Tea Room and peaked inside. Big Kitty was beside Charlie's chair, receiving some loving. She glanced up at the door as if she knew I was there. I nodded to her and pointed to Charlie. She nodded back.

"Big Kitty will stay here to protect Charlie."

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 28, 18 5:19 AM
It seems as if Annaliese has suspended all activity in the special room while she has her fun.

No one other than myself and my ghostly protector can move or speak.

Except for all our pets, they are still howling, wailing, braying, cawing, trumpeting. . .

Outside the room, is another story.

The nurses are being pelted with brightly colored eggs, when not being chase by flying giant bunnies, chicks and mice.

The guards are also being chased, not by cute fuzzy creatures, but by giant playing cards with spears and rabbits holding up pocket watches screaming "You are late for your next shift! Move it!"

And then there are the hats. . .

My ghostly protector looked up from the mirror. The ghost players have been calling in with more problems with the Spring Event and the Castle Challenges. They need those bunnies, check, mice, cards, rabbits, eggs , etc. back.

(NOTE: To all MC Players, I'm so sorry!)

Something must be done.

My ghostly protector walked over to Angel and removed a piece of paper from her notebook. He then took her pencil from her hand and wrote a message on the paper. He then replaced the pencil in her hand, looked into the mirror and disappeared for a second.

"I left a message in the Flying Boat. Maybe PTG's godmother can help her godson finish his plan. Otherwise all this distraction is going to waste."

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 25, 18 4:05 PM
"BY THE WAY CHARLIE, SINCE YOU CAN READ MY MIND YOU KNOW THAT BIG KITTY IS A LOVER AT HEART. PLEASE FEELS FREE TO STROKE HER EVERY NOW AND THEN. MAYBE THEN THE OTHER INMATES WILL STOP VIEWING THEMSELVES AS HER POTENTIAL LUNCH.

JUST DON"T LET HER TRY TO GET INTO YOUR LAP.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 25, 18 4:00 PM
Annaliese was positively beaming.

"Do you mean the players who were in the Hospital Wing? And the ones in the dungeons? You want me to take care of their guards?"

"We want you to distract the guards .Don't blow them up"

"Oh, that was only the mechanical guards. I don't harm living things. I have my standards."

"You mean you don't physically harm living things," my protector said. "You have been driving the players of this game over the edge since 2013."

"That keeps the game interesting. Players would leave the game if it was easy or boring. . . What about the nurses?"

"Nurses too."

"Good, I will be back soon." She began to disappear. . .

"Annaliese!," I said. "The map..."

"Oh." The map reappeared in front of PTG.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 25, 18 12:31 PM
"I'm bored."

My ghostly protector glanced up from the mirror at Annaliese. "What happened to the guards?"

Anneliese shrugged. "They blew up. I have to wait for more to be made."

"They ... blew ... up?" "And you need to wait for more to be made."

"Mmhmm." Annaliese began to stare at PTG and his map. "I need to do something. Let me help you Breeze. I love to help"

Suddenly PTG's map disappeared, replaced by a drawing of Annaliese with the word "Hi!" written on it.

"Annaliese! Put that back!"

Objects in the room began to tremble.

"I will when you give me something to do."

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 24, 18 7:12 PM
While PTG was discussing our next move, my ghostly protector was having a rather intense discussion with the mirror.

Apparently the Spring Event had begun. And the ghost players was having fits.

"One moment," he said. Then he leaned over and whispered in my ear. "Did you completed all the Spring Achievements last year?"

"No, I still need to earn the Elven Prince avatar for collecting enchanted eggs. And I still need to visit the Spring Terrace to receive the Astrologer Bunny and the Egg Gatherer. I also need to completed the Wreath of Spring and the Spring Cake achievements. I had completed these in the past, but when I lost my game, I had to start over. Why are you asking?"

He sighed. "The developers have opened a new room. Apparently you can only have either the Spring Terrace or the Spring Room open at one time."

He thought for a moment and went back to studying the mirror. "Play whichever room each friend has open; she need to complete achievements in both rooms. No, you cannot use her account to purchase more diamonds. Play the puzzles to earn them. Play as many HOS as possible, she will need the coins for the next levels. Swap with the kids for carrots."

"And if you lose her game, you will deal directly with me."

Annaliese appeared. She was trying to look as innocent as possible. She failed.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 23, 18 5:17 AM
virginiabreeze wrote:Hello:

I have just downloaded the Spring Event and began to play. I have already achieved the new achievements; however, when I click on the achievement to receive my reward the screen "dulls" and "Please Wait" appears. The screen will then freezes. I have to close the area.

I tried clicking on my avatar to change it and also tried to add a message to my game name bar. Both actions have the same result - the screen "dulls", I receive the message "Please Wait" and then the screen freezes.

I have since re-downloaded the game. The problem has been fixed.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator