Posts created by read61

posted in Dark Arcana: The Carnival on Oct 9, 12 11:50 AM
Just came back in to say that I am now playing the bonus chapter (in an SE no less!) and this game more than met my expectations, actually enjoyed it more than a few CE games I have played! I wish all SE games could be up to this standard. Kudos to the developers for giving us a great game, I will be looking forward to their next offering with pleasure.

posted in Dark Arcana: The Carnival on Oct 8, 12 1:52 PM
Only played about twenty minutes and knew it was a buy, I usually wait to see if there are any tech problems but not this time! Awesome game and SE not CE, but I think this one could have been CE worthy! And with the FEST still available today I actually got it for free! I just love BFG....Thank you Artifex Mundi, your games always play soooo smooooothly!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted in Tales of Terror: Crimson Dawn on Oct 8, 12 10:02 AM
Still working my way through this one but...I really wish I had known there was a WT before I had to start skipping puzzles (especially the wolf head one). My fault for not checking here first, by now I should know better! Found the game a little dark and HO had some really small items. Looking forward to the mirror world, hope it is a bit brighter in there, now back to the game!

posted in Where Angels Cry on Oct 6, 12 9:02 AM
Thank you Minsita, you are a lot more helpful than the Walkthrough! I REALLY could not have done this without you!

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Oct 4, 12 4:13 AM
In the description it is a HOPA but....I have not seen any HO. I have a sinking feeling that it is somewhat like the Silver Earring game which kills it for me - that is one of the few games I have never been able to finish, even with a walkthrough, due to the timer on the fire in the ruins (still burning to this day!). Does this one have anything like that? Without the timed parts I might give it a try....
I just looked in the comments thread and I see this was also released as Nemesis, in which case I already own it (but have never played it). Guess i will not be supporting breast cancer today.....Hopefully tomorrow!

posted in Where Angels Cry on Oct 2, 12 5:48 PM
Liked everything about this demo except the length, still had twenty minutes left when demo ended and I am Not a fast player, usually I spend a lot of time wandering around completely lost! Anything less than three hours is usually a DD or COW for me or even a sale but not usually full price. However I really enjoyed the demo, good story and I liked the dialogue and music, just challenging enough for me but easy enough to make me feel smart when I figured something out! I keep looking for Sean Connery as well.....Maybe in the next sale because of length, otherwise a good game.

posted in Sable Maze: Sullivan River Collector's Edition on Sep 30, 12 6:06 AM
Apparently BFG Flounder went to camp and did not follow the rules.....Is this another person we now have to rescue? Looking forward to this one!

posted in Sable Maze: Sullivan River Collector's Edition on Sep 30, 12 5:57 AM
I filled my punch card yesterday (taking advantage of the other sale) and was hoping there would not be a good CE today....then I saw what it was and thought Oh No...........but thanks to DLO I can wait until tomorrow, still get the sale price, and as an added bonus I can support the Pink Ribbon Campaign...Win-Win!

Thank you BFG Baikal for replying, am now leaning towards the CE! Your response is much appreciated.

Can anyone tell me how long (approx) the bonus game is - is it worth the extra dollars or is it really short? Also, is it necessary to completely finish up the story or is it a separate storyline completely? Thanks!

So far in the demo I am loving everything (even though I am completely stuck!), one thing I wonder about though - how long is the bonus game, is it worth the extra $$$ or is it one of the short ones? I buy CE for the SG and the bonus but if the bonus is short I can wait for SE and walkthrough...Anyone have a general bonus time? Thanks!

posted in Dreams from the Past on Sep 26, 12 3:07 PM
Well, I read the comments and I read the reviews and then I decided to read the Technical Issues thread.....I really do not think I will waste my precious download time on this one, sounds like something from five years ago and my tastes have definitely evolved since then! Eagerly looking forward to tomorrow.....

posted in E.P.I.C: Wishmaster Adventures on Sep 25, 12 2:45 PM
Not usually a SciFi fan but...this game was different enough to grab my attention and I am really glad it did - just finished it and now I want to play again and try the other ending! The HOS were difficult but not impossible (I used hint button on a couple) and I really had to think quite a few times, it would have been helpful to have a walk through available (I had to go the The Other Place twice when I was totally stuck), the story was enjoyable and I liked the characters - now I want my own robot! I used a PCC to get this and definitely have no regrets, well worth it IMO.

posted in E.P.I.C: Wishmaster Adventures on Sep 25, 12 5:24 AM
The best thing about a game that makes you think is that it usually takes a bit longer to complete, the last game I played only took me about three hours because it was so easy! I would rather have to think things through, much more satisfying when I finally manage to figure it out. Think I'll take this one for a test drive...

As usual a really beautiful game from these developers (I just love their artwork) and the right mix of FROGs and puzzles. I thought the game seemed a little short but it played so well I am not complaining. Now I just have to play the Bonus Game (and I agree, I really like that it is something that is stand-alone, not related to the main game). My only (mild) dislike about this parable is one that has already been addressed in another thread - the way these ladies are dressed; not even close to the time period of the game and a bit too over-the-top, however this is just a game and we usually have to suspend belief when we enter these realms anyway, right? Apart from that I thought the game was well done and I really liked the twists it contained, kept me guessing till the end.

Well I finally finished this game (I had a lot of other games to get thru first) and it was definitely worth it, even the bonus was a good length. Could have used a bit more variety in the mini games, they seemed to use the same ones over and over, but at least they were good ones. Maybe I am spoiled but I wish they had bonus items or morphing things to find, even achievements would be nice, I think they should be standard features of any CE game. Hope this finishes this series, I am ready to move on! Now it is time to proceed to the Agency of Anomalies and see what trouble I can get into there.....

posted in Sherlock Holmes - The Secret of the Silver Earring on Sep 12, 12 6:23 PM
My fire has been burning now for almost two years! I will Never Buy Another Game By Frogwares if it has any kind of timer in it. I play game to relax, not become totally stressed. Think I prefer my Sherlock in the pages of a book. This game was a mistake.

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Jack the Ripper on Sep 12, 12 2:30 PM
The first Sherlock Holmes LFA I ever played was Secret of the Silver Earring and boy did I have issues! Fortunately for me they were fairly early on and I printed out the walkthrough, otherwise I would not have saved the game in certain places and would have been kicked out and had to start all over. Having said that, I must admit that (if you have played that game) the fire has been burning in the woods for two years now and I cannot seem to put it out! I now have to decide if I want to try another Sherlock experience or if the first one was enough for me. Are there many similarities between the two games? And no walkthrough - I probably will not be able to find my way around at all....Hmmm................................

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Sep 11, 12 8:36 AM
Finally finished this game and I must say I enjoyed it. Good length and a very helpful SG. Only two things annoyed me - the daughter I was trying to save(!) and the fact that the map was not interactive and not really very helpful at all. I am also becoming tired of witches, surely the devs can come up with some other type of baddie? I also thought the bonus game was a bit on the short side, although I have played shorter. This game ran well on my Win7 and I felt the graphics were up to the usual you-know-who standards - this rabbit can certainly draw! Wonder if there will be a sequel......
Edited to add that I would have really liked some achievements or even bonus items to collect, I think they should be as standard in a CE as the SG is! I would rather have these than the music/screen saver that is usually offered after the game is done, when I have moved on to the next game!
Sorry did not mean to post twice, I am still quite new at this....

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Sep 11, 12 8:31 AM
Finally finished this game and I must say I enjoyed it. Good length and a very helpful SG. Only two things annoyed me - the daughter I was trying to save(!) and the fact that the map was not interactive and not really very helpful at all. I am also becoming tired of witches, surely the devs can come up with some other type of baddie? I also thought the bonus game was a bit on the short side, although I have played shorter. This game ran well on my Win7 and I felt the graphics were up to the usual you-know-who standards - this rabbit can certainly draw! Wonder if there will be a sequel......

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator