Posts created by banshee10

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 6:17 AM
Thank you so much for the info, pennmom.

I know there a many fishies with a very strict budget out there, so I doubt there would be a lot of agreement... being charged extra might be a problem for many customers.

Maybe I'll create a riot by suggesting that BFG shouldn't offer so many sales. One less every week still means great deals.

Too bad that they decided to lock older threads - I would have liked to post this in the Tech Thread.

After having stumbled upon several glitches (yes, no glowing signs on trees in the forest maze was one of them and I hated it to skip the puzzle) I'm really, really annoyed now. Never have experienced that much trouble in a game.
I just tried to play the bonus chapter, was stuck, looked up the SG to find out that I needed a hairpin - which just IS NOT THERE. And never was. So game over for me.

Aggravating.

posted in Phantasmat: Insidious Dreams Collector's Edition on Sep 16, 17 10:47 AM
Usually I like Eipix' graphics (though I'm not too overwhelmed with many of their games).
I just played twenty minutes of the demo and I'm really disappointed and irritated... everything looks outdated or like they have had huge changes in their artwork...
Are things getting better throughout the game? I'm not sure if I want to purchase this release.
Help, anyone?

posted in Ruby Maze Adventure 2 on Aug 5, 17 12:11 AM
Hi nana,

I followed the instructions given by silver_hawk and Daxadillion from the thread below:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/915268.page#6804573

It worked perfectly but it really is annoying that you have to go through all this.
Hope it'll work for you too,

banshee

posted in Ruby Maze Adventure 2 on Jul 1, 17 3:10 AM
ganonsbane wrote:CS has sent me the file that will reset the game so I can restart from the beginning. If you want to reset your game, either send me a PM with your E-mail Address so I can send you the file or Contact Customer Support to request the file by E-mail at:

https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

HTH

That sounds nice, but why don't they give such information in the forum thread since there are so many fishies complaining? This could be the solution everyone's asking for.

Some of the reviews on the homepage claimed that the long gone MT feeling has come back with this game... I don't think so at all.

Ok, a few mini games were interesting, and though I don't care much for little furry helpers, I must admit that I fell in love with Elf since the good old days of Black Isle.
But over all NO - MT isn't back (and I doubt it will ever be).
With Raincliff, Black Isle and 4 Aces we used to have well composed, exciting and challenging games, this one is incredibly simple, lacks atmosphere and adventure, it's just an ordinary game for beginners.

While we used to go back and forth in the older games, had to remember where we'd seen what and spent a lot of time figuring out what to do next, the latest installments have been simplistic and boring. Nowadays, you just finish one room or place after another without having to come back, half of the gameplay consists of indentations and standards like missing zippers.

And it's true - this game falls on the very short side, and the bonus chapter is incredibly uninspired. I even started to skip some of the mini games which I usually never do because I lost any interest in the story. Furthermore, both endings (main game and bonus) are very abrupt and unsatisfying.
Not more than maximum.
Too sad.

posted in Ruby Maze Adventure 2 on Jun 15, 17 10:36 AM
Dax, it works!!!!!
Thank you so much for your help!

posted in Ruby Maze Adventure 2 on Jun 14, 17 6:05 AM
Hi Dax,
Hi silver_hawk,

I'd really like to try what you recommended, I just don't know how to do that. Do I get this to work on my PC? How?
Any help is much appreciated....

posted in Ruby Maze Adventure 2 on Jun 12, 17 11:29 AM
Same problem as gskremser.

Please, Mods - this can't be serious! Stuck and NO CHANCE AT ALL to start over? No option for a new profile? Is this a One-Way-Game?
Please look into this or try to contact the developer. This is not supposed to happen, this is NOT acceptable, and it's no tech problem, obviously.
HELP!

posted in Ruby Maze Adventure 2 on Jun 12, 17 9:21 AM
That's bad news.

Unfortunately I just got stuck in a small room with nowhere to go - just walls around Ruby and one of these Anubis guys for whom I don't have a scepter (I had one left to spend but used it elsewhere because I wasn't concentrated - happens when you're on the phone while playing).

So if I'm trapped and can't start over - does that mean I'm trapped forever and cannot finish the game? Darn, I was so close to the end....

Just finished the BC. Everything went fine, but the map doesn't seem to work properly. Since I never use the Hint or Skip button, I love to have a helpful map from time to time. This one is supposed to show a blue flag to show where to go next, but nope. Only green (I am here), white (no current task) and red (not available) ones.
Everyone else having the same issue?

I really don't understand all those raving reviews (today: 80% recommendations on the main page).

I just deleted the trial after approx. 45 minutes, and I swear I tried hard to like this game since many fishies promised an eerie experience.
Nope. Graphics are blurry and faded, settings uninspired (bats, creepy dolls, tons of dust). Gameplay is predictable, boring and same old, same old (do I really need high tech tool to remove a handful of vines? do you really want me to find a paperclip to replace a broken zipper AGAIN?) and so incredibly easy everyone must be totally underwhelmed unless this is the very first HOPA in your life.

No, I really don't get it.
Why does it seem to be impossible for developers to create something with at least a couple of fresh ideas? Come on, I can't play Phantasmat, MCF/Escape from Ravenhearst and Dire Grove or Maze/The Broken Tower over and over again....

posted in Phantasmat: Mournful Loch Collector's Edition on Apr 27, 17 9:09 AM
Just went back to the game after having posted the above - and suddenly it worked. Might be due to the screen size I had changed.
Still weird.

posted in Phantasmat: Mournful Loch Collector's Edition on Apr 27, 17 9:04 AM
Bonus Chapter:
Code for the suitcase does not work. I've been trying to enter the code for ages, even swapping the given numbers and looking at the SG for help.
Is this a glitch? The solution is so obvious and easily found that I don't know what's wrong.

posted in Fetch on Feb 10, 17 11:00 AM
Oh my... power of posting!

Just changed my screen resolution since the upper part seemed to be cut off slightly... usually the Skip button was in the upper right Corner, now it's in the Center.

Problem solved!

posted in Fetch on Feb 10, 17 10:44 AM
...because I'm just not fast enough to "survive" the arcade game close to the end (the space ship). I've tried many, many times but to no avail. Every time I'm running out of lives my Boy goes down with his parachute... and I'm back on Screen with no other choice than to start over.

I purchased the game assuming there would be a skipping option for every mini game after what I've experienced during the trial. Otherwhise I wouldn't have because those arcade games are more stress than fun most of the time!

So why can't this darn game be skipped as well? I'll never know about the ending of Fetch.

Any help, please?

posted in Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge Collector's Edition on Sep 19, 16 10:20 AM
In...cred...ibly.... boring.

I've had my ups and downs with Sable Maze, I've purchased this one after 15 minutes of the demo in a mood like "You don't really need this, but it seems to be good enough until something better comes along".

Hard to explain why I disliked it - I love the idea of a maze made out of book piles! But the choice of chapters was rather lame and standard, and they just did not manage to put some fresh features into the stories. What exciting stuff you could do with a foggy, fin-de-siècle London town, how many great plots could be used for the Horror section! ...in other games, maybe.
This game just follows same old, same old roads. No surprises, everything is predictable. I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't played more than 9 or 10 HOPAs so far.

To those who consider buying the CE: Save your money. The BC is short and uninspiring. You can tell on sight that they really did not know what to add to the main game.

After an hour - with 24 minutes left - I just quit the demo.

Sorry, Artifex, I really don't care for that game.
I liked the first Enigmatis (though I admit I won't play it again since there were too many HOS for my taste, like it used to be in those games a couple of years ago), I LOVED the second one, and I was excited to see that the final part of the trilogy came out.

But it simply does not meet my expectations. I don't know if it's me or if it's the game itself? I did not even care about the plane crash which was spectacular! I just found myself frowning all the time and waiting for something to happen because I honestly wanted to like it.
Part of the problem is that I could accept that Asmodai nonsense in Maple Creek and Ravenwood because the plots were settled in, well, what I'd call ordinary/familiar places. When reading the infos on the main page and looking at the screenshots I already had mixed feelings about this one... and voilà!

Maybe today one of my "Wrong time, wrong place" experiences? I just don't know what's missing, but I won't purchase the CE nor the SE. Instead I will get back to Ravenwood soon.

Those who like it: happy gaming!

posted in Vermillion Watch: Moorgate Accord Collector's Edition on Jun 25, 16 3:00 PM
Sorry, I forgot:

If you're playing for achievements and you want to get the "Watch the credits"-one:

Go take a shower.
Get yourself a drink ... and another one.
Walk the dog or cuddle the cat.
Have a manicure.
Read the news.
Laundry.
Watch the moon.

posted in Vermillion Watch: Moorgate Accord Collector's Edition on Jun 25, 16 2:50 PM
Well... I spent some time playing (while DH is watching Portugal versus Croatia) and just finished the main game.

I really have disliked Eipix releases - and there are tons of series by this developer I do not care about at all -, but I enjoyed this one and appreciated that they seemed to have listened to us gamers and installed some small innovative features.
(Personally I loved the jail scenery and the Alice-in-Wonderland-part! )

Some of the mini games are a little annoying, but this might be due to a certain lack of patience today. Surely getting better if I play in a more relaxed mood, and not this late btw (it's close to midnight right now).

Call me touchy. What really startled me was that 1) I was insulted by Mrs Pemberton who told me I wasn't the brightest brain around (hey Lady: I've just rescued you!!) and 2) this girl Isobel (whom I found unpleasant on sight) started commanding the very second I had saved her life (again!!!) without even mumbling a simple little "Thanks".
I was naive enough to presume that manners were a little more... common sense these days.

Oh, and I do agree with the fishies who mentioned that there were too many cut scenes. Less is more, sometimes.
But over all I surely recommend this game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator