Posts created by angelofmusic62

posted in Maze: Subject 360 Collector's Edition on Apr 4, 16 1:31 PM
I bought this game months ago and am just now getting around to playing it. I rarely use the strategy guide, but can't find the morphing object in the bonus game, When I open the guide, it is all black screen. Is there a CE walkthrough so I can find that pesky morphing object?

posted in League of Light: Wicked Harvest Collector's Edition on Oct 13, 14 8:27 PM
As the originator of this thread, I can honestly say I regret starting it. I thought it was going to be a simple question, answer, and thank you. I certainly did not expect it to turn into such a big deal. I've been around long enough to read a lot of outrageous comments people have made, including things which made some people stop posting some very good reviews. I guess I did not see why not wanting to see a game about occult boards was any different than those who do not want to see spiders, snakes, or rats. I never read any belittling comments about those issues, and never thought I would get any negative feedback from my query. I have deleted my previous posts, and asked if the moderators could remove the thread entirely, or at least lock it. As an aside to Valdy, if you had read my PM, there was nothing at all rude in it. In fact, it was pretty much the same thing as what I wrote above.

I have heard that BFG uses Firefox, and some games will not run well if you are using a different browser.

posted in Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul on Oct 5, 14 6:32 PM
OK, back to the original question, tech issues aside, is the CE worth the extra money?

posted in Fierce Tales: Feline Sight on Oct 5, 14 6:30 PM
I can usually tell in about 10 minutes if I want to buy the game or not. I'm just happy I am able to try before I lay down my hard earned cash. I remember buying CDs at brick and mortar establishments, and hating almost half of the games I wasted money on.

For anyone having trouble playing ERS games, I have had the same problems. For some reason, all the new ERS games give me a black screen, but I can hear the audio. I can get the game to run if I manually change my screen resolution to 1024 by 768. I always have it 1280 by 800 for every other game.

I am very much a member of the nauseated and dizzy adventure club! I started out with HOGS, and love them. My very first was Dream Day, and I own all of them, and play them with my teenage daughter. I would be sad to see HOGS go away for good. There are a few adventure games out there with only puzzles and no HOGS. I can't think of the titles off the top of my head. A lot of developers now offer alternatives to HOGS, such as match 3, mah jong, marble poppers, and jigsaw puzzles. At least one allowed you to skip the HOG altogether. The great thing about Big Fish is that there are games out there for everyone. Not every game will appeal to every person. Obviously, HOGS must sell, or the developers would not be making them.

posted in Danse Macabre: Crimson Cabaret Collector's Edition on Oct 1, 14 10:17 AM
I always look through the extras to see if a game is worth the CE price. Under achievements, I saw one for skipping a mini game! Really? That is an achievement? So if I want to play the entire game without skipping, I can't get ALL of the achievements? No Fair!

posted in Runaway Express Mystery on Sep 24, 14 11:56 AM
Weird. I have tried 2 profiles on 2 downloads. Still no opening scene for me. The hidden object scenes were nicely done, and provided a bit of challenge. One of my pet peeves, however, is having a tool in your inventory that would certainly work for a task, but you are not allowed to use it. I would certainly use a screwdriver to pry open a door. The object you eventually end up using makes little sense. I also noticed that tools that should remain in your inventory, do not. If we need a hammer more than once, why do I need to find it twice? If I just used a saw on metal bars, why can't I run back and get the saw to saw through a chain? After all, I am trying to rescue my kids! I don't know what eventually is used to get through that door because I quit the demo because of a wandering cursor. It sounds like it might be a decent PCC game, but there seem to be a few tech issues with the cut scenes, so I'll retry later on.

posted in Fierce Tales: Feline Sight Collector's Edition on Sep 4, 14 3:17 PM
I am a bit confused. The length of time it takes to play the demo does not necessarily mean the game will be short. A demo doesn't give you a specific percentage of a game. I have played demos in 60 minutes and had the remainder of the game last only 30 minutes more. I can usually tell within 15 minutes whether I like the game or not, so 90 minutes of demo time would not be necessary for me to make a decision.

Raincliff is one of my all time favorites. For me, this doesn't even come close. It seems like a lot of developers are creating games as part of a "series" hoping people will buy the game just because of the name Mystery Trackers, Puppet Show, Witches Legacy, Witch Hunters, Nevertales, Amaranthine Voyage, ad nauseum. Almost every new game out there is like this, even if they have nothing at all similar in them.

All the gadgets in this game do nothing but annoy me, and are not necessary. My favorites in the Mystery Trackers series are The Void, and Raincliff. The others are just so-so, and I don't feel the need to own every game in a particular series, especially as a CE. I may re-trial this one when I have an expiring PCC, but I'm not impressed with the direction this series is going.

posted in Sable Maze: Forbidden Garden Collector's Edition on Jul 26, 14 12:53 PM
It seems like HOPAs run in cycles. Many people are tired of the fairy tale cutesy games like this one. Years ago, we had the asylum games, then the witch games, and always the missing persons games. I don't know why this happens, but I'm willing to bet a lot of people are buying. The developers are making money, or else they would be trying other themes instead of using the same formula. We can write comments over and over again, but the bottom line is, the devs are going to make what sells.I, for one, would LOVE to see something in the sci fi genre, perhaps something akin to War of the Worlds?

ERS has changed something in their games. I used to be able to play any ERS games without a problem. Now, all I get is audio, no video, and I have to alt/control/delete to get out of the game, then manually change resolution to get it to play. My videocard is updated, so that is not a problem. Even my old ERS games that once played fine, do not play unless I manually change settings.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition on Jul 15, 14 1:15 PM
Not sure if this is a change made by Big Fish, but I noticed the last few demos I downloaded come up as "no info" instead of the usual "safe" message from my security program.

We speak to developers with our wallets.

posted in Big City Adventure: Rio de Janeiro on Jun 5, 14 10:36 AM
When Big City Adventures London came out, there were two versions, one of which was a "story" edition, which has a slight amount of adventure to it instead of straight hidden object. I accidentally bought the London "story" instead of the London "classic" game, and never finished it. Not sure if there is a "story" edition of this one or not. Big City Adventures Vancouver was put out in both standard and collectors. Hope this helps.

posted in Awakening: The Redleaf Forest Collector's Edition on Jun 5, 14 10:25 AM
nwl43, that is a great idea. By the time you get 4 or 5 games in a series, I never remember which came first. Of course I could put pen to paper and organize all my games by release date.... nah, that would take too long. I hope Big Fish takes it under consideration.

posted in The Secret Order: Ancient Times on May 25, 14 12:23 PM
Thanks!

posted in The Secret Order: Ancient Times on May 25, 14 10:34 AM
Trying to figure out the order of the previous games. I usually look at the first post of the forum. First would be New Horizon. Last Secret starts 3/13 and Masked Intent 4/13. Are all of these in the same series? I hope someone can tell me what the order is.Thanks in advance!

posted in Dark Romance: Vampire in Love Collector's Edition on May 19, 14 11:33 AM
Same problem here. There are people who finished the game. I am wondering how.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator