Posts created by Athealis

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows on Nov 27, 11 12:34 PM
I had to start the game over to get by this bug, the next time i played I did not encounter it. Lesson: developers need to beta test their games before releasing them!

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows on Nov 27, 11 1:26 AM
Same problem. FYI to all people trying to give a solution to the puzzle: this is a game bug, it is not an inability to solve the puzzle. The game is BROKEN, with no known way to fix it.

posted in Avalon on Oct 15, 11 11:41 PM
Please move this thread to the avalon escape forum, which is a completely different game! This forum is for just plain old "Avalon".

posted in Avalon on Oct 15, 11 11:38 PM
yes, i think I might know what's wrong. The avalon installer tries to install a very old flash directx version, which is incompatible with windows 7. I'd imagine that it's what's causing your crash. I didn't have that problem because i had a newer version of directx installed, and it just skipped that part of the installation.

So here is my suggestion: download and install latest version of adobe flash, then download and install latest direct x (which should be 11)

THEN install the game, THEN apply my fix by deleting the cutscenes folder. Let me know if this works.
-Ath

posted in Avalon on Oct 14, 11 11:51 PM
remove the cutscenes folder inside the assets folder in the game's root directory. Fixed!

posted in Avalon on Oct 14, 11 11:50 PM
unfortunately, this is not a viable fix if you are running windows 7. Direct x 7 will NOT install on windows 7, even if you can manage to track down an ancient installer. I have posted a fix that worked for me in the forum for Avalon, check it out if people are still having problems.

-Athealis

posted in Avalon on Oct 14, 11 11:47 PM
For those of you running windows 7, and having an access violation error or a game freeze upon starting a new game:

Go into your game folder, which should be wherever you have it set to save your bigfish games. For me it's /bigfish/avalon. Basically, it is where the REAL exe file for the game exists, not the shortcut. there will be a folder called assets. Open in, and remove the folder called cutscenes. You can back it up if you want, whatever, but move it OUT of the assets folder. This should fix the problem. You will not see the game's cutscenes, but who cares? At least you will be able to play it now, hopefully.

-Athealis

P.S. this is NOT an official fix, i discovered this on my own after much frustration about not be able to play the game, with no real viable fixes. One user suggests installing directx 7, which is actually impossible to do on windows 7.

posted in Avalon on Oct 14, 11 11:44 PM
FIX:

I have a solution that worked for me. Go into your game folder, which should be wherever you have it set to save your bigfish games. For me it's /bigfish/avalon. Basically, it is where the REAL exe file for the game exists, not the shortcut. there will be a folder called assets. Open in, and remove the folder called cutscenes. You can back it up if you want, whatever, but move it OUT of the assets folder. This should fix the problem. You will not see the game's cutscenes, but who cares? At least you will be able to play it now, hopefully.
-Athealis

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator