Posts created by stchrissie

posted in Crafting Story on Jan 6, 15 11:03 AM
highwayguy wrote:I'm downloading it to try. It looks kind of basic, but it is what is known as a "sandbox" game. You "play" in the "sandbox" at making worlds. There are a lot of sandbox games out there in the indie sphere, and they are well received. The idea is simply to explore, create, fiddle, tweak, and play god. There isn't exactly a "goal" like you find in most games. The whole idea is just to play around with the elements the world gives you, and do stuff.
It's not that it is a "bad game", it just isn't a "game" at all in the conventional sense. If you approach it as a creative endeavor rather than a means to an end, it may help you see the enjoyment of it.

Only it's not a sandbox game. It's a rip off of a well known "phone" game.

If you approach this game with this in mind it may help you avoid disappointment

Hi all,

I'll be honest I am not a fan of this recent trend of introducing pets we can dress up and house into these games. I find it really tedious. I was just interested to find out if I am in the minority.

If you like it that's great! I'm not saying anybody shouldn't I just find the addition really baffling and wanted other peoples opinions.

posted in Be Richest! on Aug 5, 12 2:43 PM
nicrox wrote:I cannot get Gold on this level and it's starting to drive me insane. There's just not enough time to build everything that I need!

Does anyone have any tips before I throw my computer out of the window in frustration?

Thanks,

Nicolle

Waiting at the start for a good bonus goal to come up is my top tip.

That part of the game is untimed so it can be a bit tedious but it helps a lot.

posted in Be Richest! on Aug 5, 12 9:17 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Be Richest! on Aug 5, 12 3:34 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Be Richest! on Aug 4, 12 5:46 PM
Peace, when you click on the level you want to reply in the bottom right you get the "Play" option and the "Reply" option. Hit replay and make sure you don't double click when selecting the level.

The interface of this game is truly horrendous, such a shame because otherwise I am really enjoying it.

posted in Be Richest! on Aug 4, 12 5:39 PM
Daisy_May wrote:Hi Gill, thanks for the tips (may prove helpful later) but, since you are posting part of a solution to a level, it would be a good idea to put SPOILER ALERT at the top then leave a few lines blank before it because, without a warning, players may accidentally read some of it at a time when they may have preferred to try the level for themselves first and then read it later if needed.

Good Luck with level 26 if you haven't already got it since posting .

I don't think there is a spoiler there. It's just one possible strategy of many and she does say she is going to give a tip. I cannot imagine how it could possible even slightly spoil anybodies game play.

posted in Be Richest! on Aug 4, 12 5:36 PM
katiewatts wrote:I am stuck on this level too!!! It's really getting on my nerves.....I have tried so many times! I've even had about 6 Nice Townhouses & I still can't get the customers up?!?!?!

Maybe it's a bug then? Are you sure you are building a market and not a grocery store?

posted in Be Richest! on Aug 4, 12 5:06 PM
You probably used low capacity high rent houses.

Typically the houses with the highest rent have the fewest inhabitants meaning you don't get much income from your commercial premises. You need to build townhouses to up the population.

posted in Be Richest! on Aug 4, 12 2:07 PM
Get some upgrades and go back to it, I did it at the start of the third town with relative ease.

posted in Toy Defense on Jun 11, 12 6:26 AM
cbtx wrote:Based on about 35 minutes of the demo, which is far more time than it deserved:

This is one of the worst games I've ever seen----for multiple reasons.
-you are left to figure out what to do with no instructions, much less a tutorial.
-when the levels are over there is a cry of victory with no clue why.
-there appear to be 2 speeds for the attacks, but why?
-worst of all, you are treated to the screams of the wounded and killed which is a total gross out.

This game needs to be totally ignored, and the devs responsible for it should be made to play it themselves.
Terrible----absolutely terrible.

I think the main problem here is a that the game is of a genre that for a lot of people is pretty well known, however for a lot of other people they have never played it.

The speed, cry of victory and game play things you are confused about are all pretty straight forward to people who enjoy Tower defence games. That said most Tower Defence games still have some sort of tutorial so the game is certainly lacking in that respect.

Thank you soooo much.

I am in the room with the gilded door.

I got the door tokens saying "Together" "Again" but I can't do anything with them.

Help please before I tear my hair out.

posted in Plants vs. Zombies on Apr 10, 11 2:31 PM
can you help me

posted in Create A Mall on Aug 5, 09 12:22 AM
I just downloaded the trial from another site, it worked fine.

I would *much* prefer to buy this game from BF but if they don't fix this soon I will be buying it from the working provider.

posted in Create A Mall on Aug 4, 09 9:27 AM
My spec is more than capable of playing this. My PC is built for gaming and can run the latest MMO's and FPS's no problem. It's a fault with the game.

Made me want to tear my hair out.

posted in Aquapolis on Jul 8, 09 6:42 AM
This game seems unfinished to me.

I bought it in good faith and although it is playable it plays like it should be in beta.

Numerous none game breaking bugs, typos and a couple of levels I had to replay due freezes at the end.

My PC is fine, my friend is having the same issues.

Rushed games are annoying.

posted in Aveyond: Lord of Twilight on Jun 22, 09 12:21 PM
veronique875 wrote:OK, being positive is always good.

And it ISN'T part one of four, it is part one of TWO of which the second "half" will be longer and have more neat stuff in it.

And it is $10.00 on the developer's web site and only $6.99 here.

And obviously plenty of people are needing help so it isn't so easy for everyone.

If it is part one of two then that is much better.

posted in Aveyond: Lord of Twilight on Jun 22, 09 9:05 AM
RosePrincesse wrote:
stchrissie wrote:If it's in four chapters it's a horrible rip off and whoever Amanda is should be ashamed of her self if she is responsible.

Please could you post the 'rip-off' comments in the proper thread?

Let's keep this thread for positive ones

Well no it is a rip off, plus you posted positive stuff in that one.

posted in Aveyond: Lord of Twilight on Jun 22, 09 2:43 AM
If it's in four chapters it's a horrible rip off and whoever Amanda is should be ashamed of her self if she is responsible.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator