Posts created by Supergrani

posted in Archie: Riverdale Rescue on Mar 23, 14 8:20 AM
Tried suggested possible fixes but none worked.
However, after taking quite a bit of time by trashing & installing with all combinations of files in the roaming/gogii/ArchieRiverdaleRescue I found that the backup file report.des causes the stop at 89%.

Final resort, I trashed the game once again, removed the whole gogii folder & contents from roaming folder and reinstalled the game. Game then started fresh at level one.

From this new beginning I noticed Yearbook Achievements that:
The gang's back was registering fine.
Handyman Challenge 2/2 registers any three of the planting tasks as giving credit to this achievement, causing it then to complete once the 44th (if I remember correctly) seed is harvested. As mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, I thought it to have happened at the same time I completed Discerning Taste, whereas a new unique plant was harvested.

I hope some of this information can be helpful.

For now this granny is kissing the whole Archie and the gang & co goodnight, cut my losses and have to admit that in a way I feel 'weaned' from such games.

I have a great real life but tough hobby in the Arts which brings me an income and when I take a 'mental' break, I like to jump into a game that is 'there for me' - I need such breaks, I find it the best way to clear the mind a bit without stopping the grey matter from its hyperactive flow.

posted in Archie: Riverdale Rescue on Mar 21, 14 9:28 AM
Reached level 12, bought the new thingies available, tasked the gang and exited. Since then I could not get back into my game. When I try to go into my game now, it is only loading 89%. What I read from other players that their games had reset to lvl 1 after lvl 12, really freaks me out, especially since these problems existed for quite a while now and haven't been sorted out yet.

I've spend only a small amount in the beginning to get old Hotdog and feel it is mighty raw and devious that we are offered a free pretty paper bag with a few free goodies and then offered some goodies for real valuta which some of us would buy because we think about all the peeps who've put it together, but even before we reach home, we discover the paper bag has a big hole and we've lost everything. The only one who scores in the end is the seller. We as consumers of a paid product would like more protection for our valuta, but also those who used only their time. They are also disappointed.

There was nowhere any warning to potential real valuta buyers that they are going to take a risk of loosing their money.

The only decent outcome would be that this game be fixed up and rewards paid back to all who have lost real valuta and original progress be reinstated as it was for all players who've lost.

But I wonder if that will ever be possible, I haven't encountered a single game developer yet that cares more about their customers than their own income. I have seen some who've tried but the magnitude that heaped up makes it impossible for them and they would thus care less.

I hope that when my game actually loads up, I didn't loose any progress coz then I'll freak out on my own behalf.

posted in Archie: Riverdale Rescue on Mar 9, 14 11:46 PM
Maybe it is tied only to a specific time, e.g. midnight CET as the 'new day' or whatever. When I get to my game on my side of the world then it is available. Check at what time your side it pops up.

posted in Archie: Riverdale Rescue on Mar 9, 14 11:41 PM
YEARBOOK ACHIEVEMENTS:
The Gang's Back
1/4: registers only 2/4 while having all four of them
2/4: registers only 4/10 while having five more plus old Pops

Good Fences, Good neighbours
Nothing registers.

Handyman Challenge
1/2: Registers 1/44
2/2: Registers as Complete. I did not pay much attention at the time and wouldn't know if this actually ever popped up as an achievement. I only noticed this in the yearbook when I had a discerning taste achievement.

None of these stats changed after the update.
(windows 7, laptop)

posted in Archie: Riverdale Rescue on Mar 9, 14 11:09 PM
Happy_Ours1 wrote:I received what appeared to be a deal for Hot Dog. It wasn't a deal. I had to buy 130 sodas and it cost 130 sodas. I suckered and bought Ginger, too, for 130 sodas, which I also paid for

Yep, Hot Dog was available for 130 sodas, not a free deal.

posted in Farm Up on Mar 4, 14 10:00 PM
happened to me long ago when I bought a factory and placed it at the moment Grandma walked there. I didn't know she was stuck until I tasked her to feed the animals. Poor thing, she often sat down knitting, all stuck in the foundation and I had to wait it out for the building to be completed before I could move it and free her. I noticed a few times also the little people would not be moving ahead to where I tasked them and after checking would find something en route that was indeed blocking their way. Have a good look, hopefully you find something blocking the route to where you've tasked her.

posted in Farm Up on Mar 4, 14 9:49 PM
thanks, you're a honey

posted in Archie: Riverdale Rescue on Mar 4, 14 9:45 PM
lilmnmsmom wrote:Wonder how the game is going to fair come daylight savings time on the 9th LoL

EEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!! ......... I hope that's not going to cause a problem, our side clock changes last weekend Sat/Sun of March back to Summer time and no way am I going to cancel the auto change just for a game, so I do hope the developers had this worked out for the game.......

posted in Archie: Riverdale Rescue on Mar 4, 14 9:05 AM
thanx Wends, I'd like to be a bit further in the game first (only level 6 now) before I write a proper review since I became very wary of free to play games from previous experiences, hope you'll understand

posted in Archie: Riverdale Rescue on Mar 4, 14 8:59 AM
no probs my side (yet) didn't have any before either.
Riverdale is now without snow, Spring flew in with new birds, the cute 'hearty' picket fences are now solid all ribbons & hearts have also been 'packed away' and the trees and round bush look quite naked now. Hope some Spring flowers will appear on those bushes, and a teeny bonus was added
Kevin Keller is also available on the bottom quest page for 4,99 for 24hr limited period after update.

posted in Archie: Riverdale Rescue on Feb 28, 14 10:20 AM
Having received email about this game with no mention that it is an online nor social game I decided to download. Been an Archie & co fan, I would of course have them around.

I decided to pay a little something to the developers in order to get old Hot Dog, what's the game without him, anyway. (now I hope I don't get nasty surprises that this is an online social game eventually, wanting mor money to have the whole tooty, for then not even Hot Dog neither Felix himself will save my membership at BGF)

The game is a slow one, first few levels one could be around, thereafter it is tasking and exit. No point in sticking around since there is really nothing more to do while they're all busy.

Happy to have gotten Hot Dog, the energy meter stays put now. Good doggy - that one is a bargain. And he adds to game growth when taken for walks.

I would have liked to see more play in the game than just tasking and then wait for all to finish. Guess I love the gang too much to be away from them too long but I am not a big soda fan, nor paying continuously for any game play, so no money from my side will keep me around.

I would have liked also to see the whole bunch having their getting together at Pops' diner in one go, so I was a bit taken aback that they have individual sessions only. One got so used in seeing the gang all together in the comic strips those day.

Most of all I'd love to buy this game as I'd buy any other BFG I used to and not as a free to play.

Otherwise its okay for all who are not too bothered about having to be in the game all the time.

posted in Farm Up on Feb 14, 14 8:07 AM
No arrows, no keys on my farm and clicking the cupid's bubble just the message that his quiver is empty. I do get hearts at times when doing tasks.

posted in Farm Up on Dec 29, 13 10:18 PM
efi24 wrote:Iphone version got updated for Christmas. But of course.
PC version? NO.

This is upsetting and honestly? I don't get it! I've downloaded the game to my Iphone but I hate playing it there - why do people prefer playing on this small annoying phone when they can use a great screen like say the one I got on my PC??

yeah, old granny's eyes ain't what it used to be. My days of small screens are over

posted in Farm Up on Dec 29, 13 10:14 PM
YES for an organized barn and easy selling and a few more tabs to sort products will also be very nice, e.g.
COLD STORAGE for dairy & fish,
FRESH PRODUCE for fruits & veggies (all harvested items)
DELI for all prepared products (it obviously has its own freezer for the ice cream)

AND BEEEEEG PLEASE SCREENING PERMANENT TREES in order to get behind them. I placed wooden tiles there earlier, and want to replace them with the nicer ones but cannot get them now behind those trees. The animated side of me so much want to have these hidden areas sorted out, I enjoy secret paths......
and better foodies for energy which obviously would mean an upgrade
purrrrhlease

posted in Farm Up on Dec 29, 13 9:54 PM
The game runs until lvl 55 with plenty quests until then. You can still continue after lvl 55, stocking up, redecorating, try the 4hr unlimited (see my post elsewhere 16GOLD goes far)
TIP the ponds take an awful long time to build, and that keeps hubby away from other things. Once a pond was built, I would only use hubby for building when I'm asleep an night since he has to fish during my daytime. I got my farmies educated asap, invested gold for their later 'certificates' and it sure helps a lot when they have knowledge, things happen much faster, esp with Gramma that cooks up better food for the animals and fishies and they're ready much sooner.

posted in Farm Up on Dec 14, 13 12:15 AM
TWO SUGGESTIONS BFG may consider (please)
That there can be function to transfer the whole BFG manager with all games in one go although this is probably unrealistic since some games have enormous files. But doing games then one by one, the game manager already has certain functions. The trash button e.g. does not remove all the files of games we get rid of but it collects the necessary stuff for removal. If then, a transfer/move button can be designed to 'collect' a single whole game in one go with all progress and built-in info of our BF profile, compresses it, one saves it on a dongle and then on the new computer the game manager reads and re-installs as if nothing ever happened, as if one just 'trashed' and reinstalled the game as we do when we sometimes need problems to be fixed or when there has been updates.
I also began installing my games onto my new computer and am considering a test to transfer progress files but I'm still a bit skeptic that I might make a booboo of it all.

SECONDLY we have forums for all the games, but the one forum I miss is one just for BIG where such as posted above would be more appropriate in spanning the whole tooty.

posted in Golden Ticket: An Amusement Park Sim Game on Dec 9, 13 2:35 AM
zsautner wrote:I have a daily task to "Sell Candied Apples at the Candied Apple Stand" but there is no option to buy one in the Build Stores menu. I checked all the ones that have not been unlocked yet, and those you can buy with tickets. Nothing.

This store is a broken one which you get to fix when you buy the plot on which it is.

posted in Golden Ticket: An Amusement Park Sim Game on Dec 8, 13 12:51 AM
I bought the Dream Builder Amusement Park shortly after the online version's release and really enjoyed it. All the same pretty goodies, and 4 areas to develop. The dynamics though, are totally different and not a sim style. I find the FarmUp free game a little more into this genre and the advantage of the latter is that no internet connection is required to play and the basic difference is that on the farm, grass, stumps and stones need to be removed constantly (they come back all the time) but one don't need to buy expansions.

But be adventurous, try new types of games, I fell in love with the Virtual Villagers, eventually bought all of them, their last one is a fantastic improvement in graphics, etc and is a star. My all time favourite is The Island: Castaway 2. (I have the first one also and soooooo waiting for a third one)

I am at times in remote areas where I hardly have proper internet connection and therefore also prefer games I can play when I want to, regardless of internet connection. I guess it will also become pretty costly for those who cannot afford broadband or who don't have broadband available. Many places in the world still don't have the best of internet infrastructure.

posted in The Island: Castaway 2 on Dec 6, 13 9:26 PM
waiting.... its almost Christmas, I still need to buy a pressie for myself.

I wonder if little Yati found his Father.... the second one ended a bit abrupt and really calls for a next episode.

posted in Golden Ticket: An Amusement Park Sim Game on Nov 24, 13 12:42 AM
GAME NOT AVAILABLE when offline. I found this out during a temporary internet disconnection.

Using real money on this game to develop the park at a faster pace will be terribly expensive and also does not seem to offer the greatest to do so.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator