Posts created by Chanelnumber5

posted in Nancy Drew: The Shattered Medallion on May 22, 15 4:44 AM
OK, I know about the perch butterfly, but where are the other 4? And what am I supposed to do with the little circle in the middle of the fish/coral display? And I already blew one of my 5 retractibles trying to click on the perch, before I saved the game, doh!!! I have previous saves, but hate to back up unless I have to. HEEEEEEAAAAAUUUULLP! (That's southern for help)

Chanel(number5)

posted in Mahjong Detective: The Stolen Love on May 13, 15 4:37 AM
I am a total newbie to the world of mahjong, not having played it seriously ever. If I matched all the tiles I was happy, and never thought about what the numbers or collection of shapes might mean. So you can imagine my surprise at being told to create number and picture chains.

I have that part down, I think but I have no idea how the game is keeping score, are some shapes worth more that others? And finally, how do you access the bonus board from the game?? It says I have no open slots, and when I click on the slots at the top it says they are locked!!?? So I have unlocked the multiplier box like I was told to, but I can't put it in a slot, and if I did put it in the slot I still don't see any bonus buttons in the game!!!!

And it looked so neat, and I have been looking for a nice sloooooow game to play when the stupid meds are bad, and I remembered how much fun my mother and her friends had when they played mahjong (but part of the fun might have been the wine, still they were fun to watch!

Sorry for the rant, I got carried away, Its been a rough night. Anyway, if there is a kind hearted soul with the time to explain the bonus arrangement and maybe the scoring, it would be deeply appreciated. And please use small words, the meds make me more confused than usual. At least that's the excuse I'm going with .Ya'll have a good day!

Chanel
(Chanelnumber5 really, but who's counting? )

posted in Fables of the Kingdom on Apr 13, 15 3:45 AM
Janette, Thank you, thank you, , thank you !

posted in Delicious: Emily's New Beginning Collector's Edition on Jan 9, 15 2:09 PM
O.K., I know there is probably a simple answer, but where is the trash can for my mistakes? For instance if somebody orders coffee and I click on tea by mistake? I have just been carrying the extra stuff around until somebody wants it.

Thanks,

Chanel

posted in Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge on Oct 7, 14 8:31 AM
One of the security cards in the whatsit 3000 series disappeared after I had played around with the Tetris shapes for a bit. It's not in my backpack, it doesn't reappear when I came back to try again. I figure my odds are not good in getting a reply on a two year old game, and nobody else seems to have this problem.

So I simply want to know if this is a technical error on the game's side, or a stupidity issue on mine.

Thanks,

Chanel

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 24, 14 2:18 PM
Wow!! So if I ever see a brown stamp again, I will be able to see the mysterious chamber!!

I love this game!!
Aside from the abysmal drop rate of brownies, of course.

Thanks ya'll for taking the time to answer, even the input from my fellow Texan! LOL, or maybe it's especially!!

Chanel

PS, And as a math teacher of some 30 years, I said that same thing, Rosiebvt, every year. And I was wrong, every year.

PPS But I answered them every time.

PPPS With gentle firmness.

PPPPS As long as my principal was in the room.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 24, 14 1:33 PM
If someone was . . . feeling generous with brown stamps . . . I went 3 days of patiently doing HOS over and over for one stamp. Finally got the one missing brownie, and found I needed FOUR on the next quest.

I promise to gift as good as I receive. And I understand that there are a lot of people in the same boat, so if I don't get any, it's ok. (Well, no, it's really not, its just a polite thing to say. ), I just wanted to add my whimper.

Thanks,
Chanel

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 24, 14 6:48 AM
**********WHINE ALLERT************WHINE ALLERT******

I am not a whiner. If things get bad, I make jokes. When I read whines I think . . . do if differently, and get on with things . . . I searched cheerfully for 3 days for 1 RARE STAMP (that's the brown ones, right??). And Finally, Today, IT DID!!! Triumph at last, patience rewarded!!! I laughed with glee, and glanced at the next requirement set by the dear old dragon.

Now I just need four more . . .

Sniiff.

Sob.

WWWHHHHIIIIINNNNNNNEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Chanel

posted in 12 Labours of Hercules II: The Cretan Bull on Jul 23, 14 5:29 AM
OK, maybe it's just me, but I wanted to beat the developers, and so I thought, what could be easier than level 1? Nope, neyet, nada, zipo, nothing (pardon any misspellings, they are not my computer's, they are my own ).

The developers score is 1400 something, I can't get more than 8000, even chaining actions, and promising to help the workers start a union, or at least strike for minimum wage .

So I am, once again, relying on those more intelligent than myself, he-e-e-e-e-uuuup!!! (that's the phonetic spelling of how we say help in the south ).

Come on ya'll, help a sister out, pleeeeeeaaassssse?????

Kisses,

Chanel (number5)

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 20, 14 3:16 PM
As I was feverously doing quest after quest, a question suddenly occurred to me:

Will I ever reach the "Mysterious Chamber"? Is this like the rescue of the Gilligan"s Islanders? Actually finding the "one armed" man? (O.K., that one I saw only in re-runs) Will what's his name ever finally quantomly "leap" home? (he's the new boss in the new NCIS)

SPOILER ALLERT * * * * * *SPOILER ALLERT* * * * * * *SPOILER ALLERT* *

Right now I am delirious with joy over finally reaching the witch, and ever more so when I clicked on the lighted passage way behind her (oh . . . what's this arrow mean??). So I know I have even more to look over!!!

SPOILER RETURN * * * * *SPOILER RETURN * * * * * * SPOILER RETURN * * * * *

I love this game! But I really do need to stop buying diamonds. My husband keeps saying . . ."what's this $1.39 charge? Are you buying cokes on the web?"(ya'll, that's what we call sodas in Texas--not the white stuff you put up your nose)

But I digress, (O.K., that was wa-a-a-y more than a mere digression). Seriously tho

WILL I EVER REACH THE MYSTERIOUS CHAMBER??????

Thanks, and looking forward to replies,

Chanel

P.S. A couple of posts ago I said that I was open for invites, as a result of a husband hacker attack, and then put down another player's ID. (And yes, I do play on drugs, but they are from a very nice young doctor)(and to be honest, I was pretty much like this before) So here is mine, and again, apologies to Mad! 249968.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 28, 14 4:57 AM
You know you are addicted to midnight castle when your SPOUSE is addicted to your playing. Doc recently sentenced me to several days in bed with worse foot elevated at or above head level. Was in tears until husband promised to rig PC so I could play . . .

"Here honey, I put on new headphones with extensions and put the monitor on the hospital table. I promise NOT to fix anything else." (Computerwise--see other posts).

"Now if you will just tell me how to work the oven, I can fix meals . . . where do you get the water from?"

Ya'll, we may starve, (but I have chocolates and chips ), and 3 days to do nothing but play MC!!! WHHEEEEEEEE!

Of course when the timers come up it does spoil the fun . . . but yesterday I just kept hitting the timer on one HOS until it ran out . . .hit it . .. doozed off . . . woke up, hit it . . . doozed off . . . sooner or later, it worked just fine! I could get used to this!

Now if I can just figure out how to get to the bathroom . . . any chance I could get a ride on that air float?? My, these new drugs are marvelous with the HOS, but they do take a lot longer to solve.

I love this game!

Chanel

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 22, 14 5:20 AM
Sure thing, Sugar. Is your game name the same as your login name? There, I have said it right. I asked another player if their game name was the same as their real life name. And if so I really wanted to meet the parents. It wasn't a bad login in name, just very different.

But then, my husband wanted to name our son Bozo Rufus.

He said that it would be worth it, just to see my mother's face.

It took awhile, but he is much better now.

And he will be able to even eat solid foods, once he gets his new teeth.

Hmm . .. I probably should have sent this in a pm. Oh well.

And if anybody else wants to join the party, come on in. I do try and return gifts promptly, husband permitting.

Chanel

Oh, my number is . . . oh darn.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 22, 14 3:26 AM
He did it again
He has his own computer
But he keeps "improving" mine.
I am trading him in for a dog, then shooting the dog . (DON'T call the SPCA, I love dogs, it's an old Texas "expression". Besides, I would never divorce my dear sweet lovable husband .

You see, in my family we don't believe in divorce.
We believe in Life Insurance.

But seriously folks, the latest "improvement" scarfed my my midnight friends' excel sheet. So now I don't know who has given what in how long. I was waiting for the update to delete some "friends" that I hadn't heard from in a l-o-o-n-n-g time. And I was in the middle of doing that, using my excel to show me. (I suffer from short term memory loss because I take a lot of drugs (legally, ) so KIDS, DON'T DO DRUGS . . . before you have to. )

So my number is 207372. If you think you used to be on my list, but you find you are not, say a prayer of computer restraint or intelligence for my husband , and invite me please.

Sigh, he really is a good, sweet man, but I'm going to kill him if he does this again.

Then get a dog . . . well, another one anyway.

Love,

Chanel

YA'LL I POSTED ANOTHER PLAYER'S NUMBER BY MISTAKE!! Mine is 249968. Which I have now tattooed on my forehead. I have NO brains. MAD, I am so sorry!

posted in Viking Saga: Epic Adventure on Jun 5, 14 9:50 PM
Are bonus stars ever gold? is there a number to shoot for, or is it just funnsies?

posted in Viking Saga: Epic Adventure on May 31, 14 10:47 PM
Yep, yep Yep, YEP, YEP!!!! Frankly,I lo-o-o-ve almost all the games on this lovely site, particularly this series. I said almost because I bought that silly Witches Frog Princes thing because I was so hooked by the humor and graphics.
grrrr!! Must remember to read reviews first. Must remember to read reviews first. . . Must remember . . . OK, I know it was important . . .
But that's only one game among many.

I almost have too many games now to choose to play from, and its just wooooonnnddderrrfulll!

And I enjoy the humor of these forums s o-o-o-o much! As for the whiners . . . I figure they are like the poor, they will always be with us (biblical paraphrase). I just try to skip those folks. But seriously ya'll, read the reviews first, and try the demo. If ya'll are still dumb enough to BUY a game you don't like after all that information, well . . .

You can't fix stupid. I know because I were one, but only once (grammar misuse is deliberate, at least that's the line I am going with )

See Ya'll!

Chanel

PS Anybody know if you can get an expert score on the 1-10 bonus game? Just wondering.

posted in Midnight Castle on May 26, 14 3:10 AM
On the kindly advice of all the lovely people on this forum I moved from physical post it notes to a quick Word table for organizing my friends list. .

I could switch back and forth at a moments notice, whenever I got a gift, and record it immediately. I was terribly impressed with myself, and loved it for keeping up with not only who gave me a gift, but also with those who gave special gifts (thank you sooo much Kitten S.!).

"Hah!" I thought, "Safe from clumsy husbands with Dr. Pepper!" Because as clumsy as he is in RL, he is quite skilled with computers, having built the one I currently have.

However, I forgot that he does that the irritatingly little habit of "twinking" --I think that's right. So, to make a long story short (now there's a thought!!), I am now missing the last 4 days worth of gift giving.

So dear "friends", be patient with me, it's not that I don't love you, its just that I have to kill my husband. Sigh, if he wasn't so wonderful in every other way I would have done it years ago. Well . . . maybe not.

Chanel

posted in Midnight Castle on May 26, 14 1:35 AM
I think this has gone past a needed game change to the formal warning, suspension, or banning of an individual.

posted in Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune on May 25, 14 8:53 PM
I too feel that this has been false advertising. When I checked achievements during the demo, I saw space for 4 frogs. I assumed, as there was NO WORD to the alternate, that the full content was to be experienced.

We reached out to the developers about this when the game was released and they confirmed that the version of the game released on our site is the standard version, which only contains 2 frogs.

There is apparently a Collector's Edition of the game with additional bonus content, but unfortunately, that is not the version that was contractually released onto our site. At this time, only the standard version is available to us.

We apologize for the inconvenience and if you have any additional concerns, you are welcome to contact our Customer Support Team HERE

bfgVaiya

So YOU KNEW we were only provided 50% content and yet you still charged us full price?? I am terribly disappointed and hurt. When i hit a game that ends quickly, that's different, it's still a complete game. But this is something quite different.. And yes, Raptyrred is right (the player in the forum). A Collector's game is wall paper, and bonus content. It may have a few extra puzzles and graphics but it does not contain TWICE the amount of playing ground.

I am completely mystified as to why you bought the game in the first place, ya'll are usually so careful to provide only the best. And this little game does come across as a jewel of a game at first. But however cute, however well constructed, half a game is only half a game.

I will be contacting customer service with the intent to get a refund. Even if it is only HALF of a refund.

Chanel

'

posted in Midnight Castle on May 24, 14 3:34 AM
Sorry about that, the delay got me, I was saying that I did the quote directly. So the way to tell a name change is to see where you would have a duplicate number in your friend's list, is that right? Wow, itrealy IS bathrrom time . . .

posted in Midnight Castle on May 24, 14 3:31 AM
OH LOOK, i did! Wow, did ya'll know there's a time limit on how soon you can reply? I am learning so many new things! What with all the helpful replies to stuff on this forum about the game--which I could never keep playing without!! My brain is full.

Hmmm . . . I guess it's bathroom time.
See ya'll.

P.S. You know, this must be a yankee computer. It keeps saying that ya'll is spelled wrong. And that I should capitalize yankee. And that's something we just don't do here after the war of Northern Aggression, er, the Civil War as the books call it. Now why is that, do ya'll think? War is never civil!!.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator