Posts created by Rob_Blake

posted in Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition on Apr 28, 18 8:01 AM
So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, goodbye!!

posted in Haunted Legends: Monstrous Alchemy on Apr 22, 18 7:00 AM
Valdy wrote:
nwr1948x wrote:Or come to The Island.

http://castawayisland.freeforums.net/board/2997/castaways-harbor

Would be nice if some parts of the forum was open to viewing for guests. Nobody likes to register at a place if they can't first see what it's like, and what's available. Before I register somewhere I like to first read some of the posts to see how the members interact with each other. If I see a lot of bickering and fights, I wouldn't want to be a member there.

I totally agree Valdy.

nanafraser wrote:What I understand: Members would have had to pay $1 extra to keep the forums but since there going away we wont have to. There are ways to contact members but its kinda confusing to me so I doubt I will even though Ill miss the other fishes! Over 10yrs w/ BF Ive seen many changes, this by far is the saddest!

The "$1 extra" was just one of a few suggestions made by members hoping it might convince BF to keep the forums going. It was not part of BF's announcement, or any other posts made by BF moderators. And from what I read in other posts, there won't be a way to contact members directly through BF, since PM is going away also. They are just suggesting that members reach out to each other before the forums close, by asking each other for other ways to contact them, via other social media. There have been so many posts made by many members the past few days about the forums closing, that it has become confusing as to what is what, or who said what. Hopefully, Pond Friends is as good and informative about games as members are saying it is. Sounds like it is at least worth looking into and trying out.

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 18, 18 5:48 PM
BFG Moderators - You keep saying that BFG cannot upgrade the current forum platform, which I understand, but I feel that you have still not told us why the company will not invest in a brand new forum system. Why do you keep avoiding answering that specific question?

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 3:04 PM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Everyone,

The forums are no longer sustainable. Their age and the unique parameters by which they operate prevent us from updating them or implementing a new system. Before reaching this conclusion, Big Fish Games pursued and considered many different options. We recognize that this is a momentous decision that will impact your experiences with our games. The respect we have for our players and the honor we feel at being trusted with your business would never allow us to make this decision quickly.

bfgBeruna

In the year 2018 and all the technology available for web sites and devices, what unique parameters are you referring to, that BFG cannot implement a new Forum system, while other game sites still have forums? So what if the new forum might have a totally different look to it, as long it allows members and moderators to post comments and questions about games? I'm sure you can install a new system, but that the cost of doing so is too overwhelming for your company. I have been a member since 2009 and have over 1400 games from your site. I feel that basically you are telling us, "So sad, too bad, thanks for being loyal customers, but nothing we can do about it."

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 2:53 PM
Daxadillion wrote:Signing in to "keep the forums active".

Sorry this is short but as I have had a really bad day today, and BFG's post was the last straw for me.

Daxadillion

I have been sick to my stomach since seeing the post about this early this morning.

Rob

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 7:25 AM
You at BFG have to be out of your minds. I use the forums frequently to find out how to solve difficult puzzles, or ones with no instructions that I can't figure out, or games that I can't finish because there is no Skip button and you can't move on until the puzzle is completed (from very old games to new games). And, to no longer be able to private message anyone is ridiculous as well. I would be fine with a $ increase in the monthly club fee and less sales, as there have been plenty of sales, and I'm willing to wait longer for each one.

I have the whole series and I liked this one. Some have complained in the past about some of the Dark Tales games not following Edgar Allan Poe's original books or stories well, or hardly at all, but hundreds of movies have been made that don't completely follow original books or true stories, and are still good. I base my enjoyment on the game play itself, not their accuracy to original story lines or facts. Yes, a lot of things are the same or similar in many games, but so are many movies that have been re-made, or sequels. I still get amazed at the artistry in the games, and the unique new takes on some of the puzzles in them.

I played the Beta Test on December 11, 2017. I have the whole series and I liked this one. Some have complained in the past about some of the Dark Tales games not following Edgar Allan Poe's original books or stories well, or hardly at all, but hundreds of movies have been made that don't completely follow original books or true stories, and are still good. I base my enjoyment on the game play itself, not their accuracy to original story lines or facts. Yes, a lot of things are the same or similar in many games, but so are many movies that have been re-made or sequels. I still get amazed at the artistry in the games, and the unique new takes on some of the puzzles in them.

posted in Nostradamus: The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse on Apr 2, 18 12:47 PM
You have to click and drag the objects to the circle that shows up as you are placing it.

posted in Mystery Tales: The Other Side Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 18 9:09 AM
It's been explained many times over the years that BFG cannot prevent the ads from being posted, because the people keep creating new names to post them under. All BFG can do is delete the messages each day and block those particular names, which is usually completed within an hour or two after the BFG employees get into work (8:00 am Pacific time). So, "aabbbb" and the others were new to BF forum today, and will be deleted and blocked. However, those same people can just create other new names by simply adding another letter or number to their forum name, or totally different new names. Unfortunately, there is currently no way to prevent the posts from being posted in the first place.

posted in Caves And Castles: Underworld on Mar 12, 18 12:21 PM
The spam has been occurring every day on every forum for a few years now. This is nothing new and various BFG members have frequently complained about it. BFG clears them out each day after their staff gets into work after 8:00 a.m. PST. They have not been able to prevent them from being posted, even though they do block the ones who post them, because people keep coming up with new member names to enter them with, sometimes by just changing the number at the end of their member name.

The posts are fairly obvious with the wording of the subject matter, so it is easy to just ignore them and not read them. Although BFG does encourage members to click on them to report each one, I just skip over them and know that they will all be gone later in the morning (U.S. time).

posted in Hidden Expedition: The Golden Secret on Mar 11, 18 7:30 AM
As stated in the forums in each of the new games since March 7, there was a glitch that BF had to get fixed regarding Reviews not showing up on the main pages. The glitch was fixed yesterday and all of those new games now have reviews on them. As often happens, when the new game is a SE of a previously released CE game, like the one today, no one has done a review of it, yet. There probably will be some reviews for this game later today, or tomorrow for sure.

posted in Bad Dream: Coma on Mar 9, 18 10:42 AM
Valdy wrote:CleanN_Funny, if you have a drop of blood obstructing the image, you need to use something else to "see". Do you happen to have an eye in your inventory? I had this problem at another place, and needed to use an eye to "see" until the nurse healed me.

Valdy - You may not see this because of how long it has been since you posted your response, but I just got around to playing the game this week, and I got stuck on trying to zoom on the corpse hand to get the cigarette. Thanks so much for telling us about the eye. I had tried everything but that. Was ready to give up on the game until I found your post.

pennmom36 wrote:@Rob_Blake

did you play Hope Diamond or Smithsonian Castle? I remember playing them, but they disappeared....have you ever heard of the Mandela Effect? (cue suspicious music)

Yes, I played and completed both of those.

I have all of the series, but I haven't played the demo to this new one yet. I really enjoyed most of them, but found some a tad boring and struggled to get through them. I still have not been able to finish playing Everest, which I didn't purchase until 2014. For some reason, it is super boring to me.

posted in Myths of the World: Love Beyond Collector's Edition on Feb 8, 18 5:58 PM
I agree with Majestyx12, and other game sites are usually way behind BFG games for coming out with new games. Although they might have some good ones that BFG doesn't, they don't seem to have as many new ones, and I get charged state sales tax on their sites, but not so far on BFG.

posted in Noir Chronicles: City of Crime Collector's Edition on Feb 4, 18 2:48 PM
Add me to the list of those who didn't get those 2 Achievements, even though I did find all 33 of the Collectibles, and I know I also found 3 in 3 multiple times. I noticed and thought it was strange that they had a separate Achievement for finding all the footprints which were part of the 33 Collectibles, and I did get that Achievement.

I did get the one for no misclick in one of the earlier HO puzzles in the main game, but I was surprised, because I know I clicked on an object that wasn't on the list.

posted in PuppetShow: The Curse of Ophelia Collector's Edition on Feb 4, 18 7:27 AM
Is anyone brave enough to try and PM any of the main reviewers, to see if they will tell anyone how they have access to the games before the rest of us members? They may not respond or they might get offended, but a lot of us who have been members for several years and have spent a lot of money with BFG would like an answer. I don't think any of them work for BFG or any of the developers, as some of their reviews and comments are rather negative at times.

posted in PuppetShow: The Curse of Ophelia Collector's Edition on Feb 4, 18 7:19 AM
cathybobcat wrote:So if you go to the map, you can return to a previous location and retrieve the snowflake? I finished the demo so cannot see unless I buy the game.

And do you know what they mean by having to have all of them to open up the bonus content? Is that for the bonus game or what?

When I got to the last room in the demo where you send the puppet through the hole in the rotted door, I tried to click on all the previous locations on the map to see if I could go back to find any other snowflakes, but each location said they were not available when I clicked on them. If someone was able to click on the map and go back, it must have been before they went into the last room of the demo. Or maybe they were playing the full version and maybe you can go back to the other locations at a later point.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator