Posts created by Calais30

posted in Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition on Mar 15, 18 5:54 PM
LD3333 wrote:The problem is not Big Fish Games testing their games. The problem is the developer is releasing untested games. I used to work in QA for a game developer and saw how they gave the green light to games which were not complete, just to make enough for their quarter. It is the developers who are responsible. They are the ones who are not listening or fixing the problems. Look at their previous title "Moms vs. Dads" that came out months ago. And it still freezes and crashes! If the creators did nothing to fix that one, do you really think they will be bothered with this one?
The version of this game is Feb 5, so I know it's the release version. And yet, there are some simple fixes they could do, like having difficulty settings again, something players have been requesting on all the sites. Big Fish Games responds and they do listen, but it's apparent the developers are not. It's easier for them to crank out another game in a series to make a profit than to fix the many ongoing problems that exist. They're banking on that familiar name recognition to sell their games. But the real question is, will you buy it? That is the best way of getting their attention.

I haven't had any problems with Delicious games on ****.

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 26, 17 3:16 PM
I agree with Nifa and Imhagood.

Glad to see a review that's not focused on dressing up the doll. Thanks!

I thoroughly enjoyed the game and handled it because I am mature enough to do so. Games sometimes reflect dilemmas dealt with in life. Not every game should have cute cuddly animals and the concoction of pretty potions. I am glad that developers give us different options and scenarios and don't only cater to those extremely sensitive gamers. I really don't understand what the problem is.

posted in Phenomenon: Outcome Collector's Edition on May 3, 14 3:33 PM
Great idea jay!

posted in Cruel Collections: The Any Wish Hotel on Apr 15, 14 11:47 AM
I think their problem is the lack of response on how to fix the problem. They probably don't need to be scolded, which will only exacerbate the problem. I say this because I am having the same frustrating problems and while I know BF can't fix the glitches in the game, it is good to have someone there with suggestions on what to do from this point on.

I agree jersey. Very offensive.

posted in Island of Death: Demons and Despair on May 1, 13 2:56 PM
Honestly,

there was nothing so bad in this game that it should bring tears to your eyes from laughing so hard. The game was ok and needs improvements but it's not as bad as that.

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town Collector's Edition on Apr 23, 13 5:09 PM
constantfire wrote:I am weighing in here with my opinion. I believe that adults make choices. If something offends you, then don't look at it or involve yourself in it. There is a lot of music out there that I detest, so I do not listen to it. If there is a movie on that offends me, I do not watch it. I feel that our country (U.S.A.) is going down a road of too much censorship and the rights of our people are being taken away. I truly think, everyone can make up their own mind what is appropriate for them and what is not. Do we really want someone taking away all choices?

Run for office. I'd vote for you!

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town Collector's Edition on Apr 23, 13 4:30 PM
hdnobjgamluvr wrote:Adding a warning is fine. Editing my games, is not. I am an adult, not a child, and I will decide what is appropriate content for me.

I agree 100%. Honestly, if a game shows someone being bashed in the head with a rock, I would realize it's all entertainment. If the same thing were to happen in real life, it would horrify me. It amazes me what will offend people.

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town Collector's Edition on Apr 23, 13 4:27 PM
If you don't like it, don't play it. Please don't ruin it for other people who might like something and then someone complains and prevents access to everyone.

Vladimir,

Hello. I love all of your games, including the last PuppetShow.

Thanks!

posted in Small Town Terrors: Pilgrim's Hook Collector's Edition on Apr 13, 13 8:27 AM
I LOVE CEs!

posted in Azada: Elementa Collector's Edition on Mar 7, 13 1:21 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:
daisyduck352 wrote:Don't know what is wrong with some of the fishes.. So negative and don't even give it a chance. I love ERS games, they give us orginality, great graphics and so much better than some of the demon,witch and devil games. This played well and I most certainly will buy this game. Elephant games are ok but some I don't like. Different strokes for different people. Give this a 4 out 5 stars.. Other fishes don't read all the negative things that were said, give it a chance and make your own decision.

We should always demo games and decide for ourselves! But, the point of reviews is to have both negative and positive views!
The negative reviews for this game are by players that have tried the game, they gave it a chance. I gave it a 15 minute chance. I knew in 15 minutes that I did not like the game. I knew in 15 minutes that the games and puzzles were simple with a capital S, and the instructions for said games and puzzles are insufficient to understand what to do. I knew in 15 minutes that my "little helper" was a silly dress-up character that would not add to my game enjoyment.

As you say, "different strokes..." I find ERS to be too linear for my taste, and lately too easy. I see no originality. I don't like games with "magical" objects I have to wave around the scene. I like "helpers" but not little dress-up games. I would buy that kind of game! If it has no relation to the game, then leave it out. I gave it a chance, and gave it a negative review.

Other fishies should indeed read the negative reviews! They should also read the positive ones! Then they should demo it.
I would say to forgo reading the negative reviews of those who don't like the developer, because they are necessarily going to say something negative.

posted in Azada: Elementa Collector's Edition on Mar 7, 13 10:40 AM
biscuitsmama wrote:Wow, you guys are brutal today.

IMHO, ERS has stepped up and given us a game far better than the previous Azada games. I didn't particularly care for Azada In Libro but Azada Elemental is a very entertaining game.

I hope that most of you who say the developer never listens will take a good look at this game. We have an interactive map and we have achievements - something all the ERS bashers have been waiting for.

The graphics are excellent, the story is good, I like the extra touches provided for this game. The game opens in widescreen with no problem. I had an issue for the first time with an ERS game not opening in widescreen when I purchase my Windows8 laptop. I didn't belittle the developer, I looked at my graphics card and tweaked some settings. No more problems.

It is my hope that after seeing all the negative reviews, you will at least try the demo before you decide. Keep an open mind and try it for yourself.

I bought the game and really like it.

Thanks BFG and ERS for listening to what we want in a CE game and coming through. Great job.

I love it too! I love my pet and the fact that I get to name it!

posted in Azada: Elementa Collector's Edition on Mar 7, 13 9:36 AM
I hate the first two so I am happy that the nature of the game has changed. I am thirty-something and I say this to demonstrate that there are gamers of all ages and some may like the more updated graphics, the cutesy animals and three-headed dogs.

posted in Maestro: Music from the Void Collector's Edition on Jan 31, 13 5:56 AM
[Removed by Moderator]This is a wonderful addition to the Maestro series. Also, I really appreciate the addition of the artwork to replace the black bars on both sides. Well done, ERS!

posted in The Beast of Lycan Isle Collector's Edition on Nov 25, 12 6:09 PM
xxybcc wrote:That little bit of information would have been very nice to know about. I paid full price for it. I wish I knew that I could get it for $6.99. Big fish needs to do a better job of letting us know about sales.

They actually did. Several people were able to use the code to get the game at that price.

posted in Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town Collector's Edition on Nov 11, 12 1:07 PM
JanG7 wrote: I think BFG is being very fair about members not recieving the 1/2 off disount for this game today. The game doesn't release for everyone until tomorrow. We already get the game a day earlier at the members price vice when non-members buy the game tomorrow, they will have to pay $19.99.

Either fork over the bucks and buy the game today, or wait for another sale for these devs (which doesn't happen often), I'm tired of the belly aching. Suck it up and buy, or wait for a long time to get the game cheap.

I haven't payed the bonus chapter yet, but this is a great game.

For those who don't like the bellyaching, that is understandable (not really). But a few adjustments to include this game in the already present Al war sale is not a hassle.

posted in Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town Collector's Edition on Nov 11, 12 10:49 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
essgee52 wrote:The pop-up on the game manager says "All" the developer's games are on sale.
It was true when the sale was annouced. The TGT wasn't out then.
Secondly, this is why you should always click on the Learn More button.

This is true but I believe adjustments can be made to allow this game to be a part of the sale.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator