Posts created by ecblisa

posted in From the Sky on May 13, 16 2:02 PM
This is the one where the stones start to glow, and the hero has to get past the big stone that pops up. I have tried to solve this several times, and always end up with the hero being blasted completely off the screen by the stone. I can't seem to get it back or avoid losing it. Help!!!!

posted in 2D Mahjong Temple on Jul 13, 15 5:10 PM
I note that there is a rabbit tile and a moon tile, so there seems to be an allusion to the "rabbit in the moon" -- the Japanese equivalent of the man in the moon. It is fun, although not too difficult, to spot the rabbits.

posted in The Far Kingdoms: Elements on Dec 6, 14 6:47 PM
I have the invisibility potion but cannot figure out how to use it. The hints are really useless here.

posted in Village Quest on Jul 28, 14 11:32 AM
I have played this game for several hours (it seems to have no level numbers), and only the hammer power-up has opened. Some others were supposed to open once certain buildings were bought. I am playing on system 8, and I know that sometimes causes issues. Any ideas???

posted in Rise of Dynasty on Jul 11, 14 9:44 AM
Thanks so much BFG for once again coming through for your customers. I just played Level 37 and it worked flawlessly. The good part was that both of my old games were still there, and I can now finish them.

posted in Rise of Dynasty on Jul 9, 14 11:42 AM
I am also stuck at level 37. When all the tiles are gone, the ships will not pop up, and after that nothing works except the powerups, but those don't shake loose the ships, either. I've gone completely out of the game and started over twice, but no change. I sure hope there will be a fix for this, because it's a nice game.

posted in Jewel Match IV on Jun 21, 14 9:59 PM
The glue has to be applied to the correct edge. That might be a free-standing fragment or the basis of the plate. It is not easy to find the right edge, but keep trying the fragments on the left until you find an edge that matches, and then apply the glue to the picture on the matching edge. As usual, look for the "gears" symbol that says "this is the place."

posted in Jewel Match IV on Jun 21, 14 2:01 PM
Combine the rope and the hook into one object (just drag one to the other), then throw to just above the hanging key. When your cursor is on the right place, the "mechanical wheels" image will appear. Click and you're good.

posted in Jewel Match IV on Jun 20, 14 8:32 PM
I bought JM IV without first testing it because I had so much liked the earlier games. And honestly, it did not get unreasonable until long after the first hour, so I can't blame that decision.

I am now stuck (somewhere around level 50) with being unable to charge the plane's crystal. Also, although I am a superb Sudoku player, I have been unable to solve the most recent Sudoku games. The last one gave me a game board with NO givens! That's not legitimate Sudoku! I like tough games, but I don't like unreasonable.

posted in Yeti Quest: Crazy Penguins on Feb 25, 13 12:52 PM
I actually bought this game (desperation?) and have played it for some hours.

It is a "simple" match-3 with nothing to do other than play the levels, which are not terribly varied, although fun.

The game does have some technical problems. I found two levels which have a snow-covered space (so you HAVE to clear it), but tokens do not drop into it, so it is impossible to make a match there. The space did finally clear by using one of the penguin power-ups, but this was tedious, and I'm not sure it was meant to be that way. Also, the game completely locked up once.

If you desparately need a new match-3, this is not the worst you could get. I has no cut-off timer, three game modes, and rather fun power-ups.

posted in Fishdom 3 Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 12 4:24 PM
The best advice I have for those of you who get stuck on a level is to play the level once until you get stuck, and then figure out why you got stuck. Some levels have bombs that have to be activated the right way, others have lightning powerups that have to zap the right kind of token, others have a simple match that needs to be made first. Usually, unless you make the right move at the beginning, you will get stuck. Once you've figured out what you missed, restart the level and do it right. There is no penalty for doing that.

I've played about 250 levels of this game, and it is awesomely interesting. Don't let getting stuck once or twice turn you off on it. I've sat here hitting myself upside the head a time or two because I did not see an obvious solution to a tricky level. None of them are impossible.

posted in Wings of Horus on Oct 21, 12 11:44 AM
It's too bad that so few people played this game until it good really interesting. The second 30 levels are quite difficult, and I had to replay some levels (even though I only play untimed) because I got totally mired in locked and stone tokens, with that nasty enemy constantly making more tiles.

The real difficulty in the game is the enemy, and having to stay ahead of him or it, with each level posing greater difficulty to doing that.

It really is a very nice game for someone who is not a speed freak, and although the art is simple, it is at least authentically Egyptian, based on actual monuments.

posted in Wings of Horus on Oct 21, 12 11:37 AM
If your goal is to get past the level, you can switch to untimed (Zen) mode for just the one level and then switch back to timed. Use the options menu.

posted in Lost in Night on Oct 11, 12 3:18 PM
I've played Lost in Reefs several times, and am playing this game for the second time. I like both, but this one actually seems better to me. I think the game boards are a little trickier in Lost in Reefs (in the sense that there are "impossible" spaces that you need power-ups to clear). In Lost in Night, the boards are a little "fairer" in that most (not all) can be cleared without a power-up if you want to spend the time. If you play timed, which I don't, that may not be an option.

The way you get powerups in Lost in Night is very nice, and seems smoother than in Lost in Reefs. When you first start a level, you can choose the power-up you want to go for (hover mouse over the center of the meter at the bottom before the selection "freezes"). I tend to go for row breakers and random lightning. Anything you can't solve with those two probably isn't worth doing. The game also automatically offers to let you win more power-ups with matches once you get too low in your reserves.

Also, just as in Lost in Reefs, power-ups are hidden behind boxes that it is otherwise not essential to break.

I personally prefer to play by making good matches, not so much by blasting the board, and Lost in Night seems to me to have just enough blasting power to avoid total frustration in some situations, but not so much that play can get lazy and thoughtless. Again, I only play untimed, and can't speak for those whose main goal is to do everything fast.

posted in Heaven & Hell on Sep 19, 12 9:21 PM
I'm not sure why people object to the name. This is a cute game about a lazy angel (who just likes to chat on FaithBook) who gets sent to hell to do some real work and then goes back to heaven. No serious religion involved, although I do like the game tokens representing the seven deadly sins.

I just wanted to jump in here and say I agree that the basic game is not that inventive, but once you unlock the "Endless" game, wow, is it ever new and different!

Most "endless games involve a game where you can't lose, and just keep doing the same thing forever. Not this one! It is a group mode game where the tokens that have ben matched do not get replaced. But once you have made every possible match, the screen fills up again (with interesting complications). I love this game, and in my many years of playing virtually every Match-3 game made, I have seen nothing like it.

I also want to mention that this Endless game is superb for people with mobility problems of the hands. It is not timed, and you just click on the matches.

Don't underrate this game. I haven't even opened "Puzzle" mode yet, and I already think its virtues far outweigh its flaws.

posted in Heroes of Kalevala on Sep 11, 12 8:43 PM
First, to answer Clarabow -- I agree. the only way to read the hint at the beginning (which can be very helpful) is to stare at the game as it loads and start reading the second you see the words. I know of no "summary" elsewhere.

Now, back to which heroes to use . . . Having played the game about 25 to 30 times (yes, I do love it!), I'll offer this thought: Often, it does not matter. A lot of passing the harder levels is a lucky combination of the hero you choose and the tiles that happen to drop. So when you have to replay a level several times to pass it (there are few of those, but they are nasty!) try playing it twice with one hero, then switching to another hero. It makes it more fun, if nothing else.

Do try to figure out what each hero does. Some will not break rocks, some will not remove tar. Some will break relatively random tiles, others will target more specifically. So try to match the hero to the need. This is where repeat play really helps.

Spoiler alert (specific hints): Since the Finnish names are hard to remember, I'll use the descriptive terms others have. The Hammer guy should always be considered first for vertical rows of obstacles and lots of rocks; also for the advanced levels with the cells that stick out on top. The mermaid may be the best all-around helper outside of the very rock-filled levels. Her whirlpools clear everything within them. The lightning guy is another very good general option if you get stuck.

For the levels with lots of low tar, the god of the underworld can often clear things. The merman is fine for low obstacles, but beware, he does not remove a lot at a time, and may peter out. Yet, he may suddenly come through with luck.

A helper that is easy to underrate at first is the forest god, who makes roots that clear obstacles very well. He can clear some of those tar levels that are very frustrating.

The musician and the lover are two helpers that can be underrated. They don't do much at one time, but you keep getting hero tiles for them. Makes sense they would be very helpful for very long levels (ones without tar, because those tend to be too fast). I prefer the music guy to the lover guy, based on much experience.

Do not get too frustrated that the very hard levels have to be played multiple times. Swith heroes and be cheerful.

One other hint: Make sure you keep stopping the crow. It is sometimes very easy to leave a bomb behind to zap it. You just have to remember it.

posted in Lost Inca Prophecy 2: The Hollow Island on Aug 22, 12 1:56 PM
I happen to like moving board games, and still like this one after about 50 levels.

Yes, the tokens are not very colorful, and the background can be confusing. Also, the "map" is so tiny I have great difficulty seeing uncleared tiles.

But here are some non-spoiler hints for enjoying the game:

The timer is on the left (thermometer type). You get one star for finishing the level, one star for finishing the level before the timer runs out, and one star for clearing 100% of tiles. In higher levels, getting all three is difficult. If you've already timed out by the time you get the key, you might as well go for 100% of tiles.

Because the game offers no fast way of getting back to an old place on the map, it is very helpful to clear each area completely before moving on, especially if you're aiming for the 100% star. Uncleared squares are hard to see on the tiny map, and it takes a lot of effort (and time) to get back.

In higher levels, you will get pickaxes and boats that are necessary for getting to some parts of the level. Note they can be used even if you can see only a sliver of the rock wall or water. Sometimes you can't get closer than that.

A match five and match 6 completion is valuable. Don't play so fast that you miss them. The regular powerups do not survive the level, so don't forget to use them.

O.K., this is not Vesuvia or 4 Elements, but with so few Match-3 games coming along, I'm enjoying it.

posted in Enchanted Cavern 2 on Dec 1, 11 12:02 PM
Progress report 2: Not wanting to hog the thread, but I know some of you really like "late in the game" updates. I finished the game. The last level was murder -- I had to restart it because there was no hope of serious progress. Did solve it by playing the beginning more carefully on the second try. To me, this game is very addictive because it requires a lot of thought in the higher levels. You can't win them by mindless clicking. You have to figure out the tricky parts and attack them with carefully placed bonuses.

Oh, I'm replaying the game under my cat's name (Ninja). He's very good at games.

One correction on my earlier reports: I thought the first background picture was interactive, but it was wishful thinking. The beams come out of the hanging jewels whether you click on them or not.

posted in Enchanted Cavern 2 on Dec 1, 11 11:55 AM
Wait until you get to the last two levels! They are truly vicious. I did finish, though, and being a sucker for enjoyable punishment, I'm replaying the game.

Non-spoiler hint about the last level: If you do not treat the beginning as a puzzle, you may get into a situation (as I did) where no productive moves are possible. Go to menu, restart the level (no penalty, at least in untimed), and think about why you got bogged down and how to avoid it by playing the beginning more carefully.

posted in Enchanted Cavern 2 on Nov 30, 11 4:23 PM
Progress report: Level 6-4 is really ugly (by that I mean challenging): An ice generator token keeps freezing more and more cells until you off it (which is of course difficult since it is surrounding itself with ever more frozen tokens). Only powerup bonuses can solve this one.

For those of you who call this an easy or simple game based on 20 minutes of play: I'll challenge you to a duel on this level!

On to 6-5!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator