Posts created by dragoncat453

posted in Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness on Jan 22, 17 5:00 PM
I've noticed that in this discussion and others there is usually a thread to "post tech issues here". For example, several people have noted that the game freezes in Chapter 6 when you place the dice in the cube and start dropping the picture pieces in.

I've also noted that whenever there is FINALLY and answer to these questions/problems the answer is always the same. "Sorry--go to this page and try these several steps"--in other words the problem is not addressed and the answer is generic.

So thanks for nothing Big Fish.

posted in Witches' Legacy: Awakening Darkness on Jan 22, 17 4:54 PM
Having the same problem. Anybody listening?

I've downloaded this game twice. It won't open. The error message doesn't have the correct name of the game, just a fragment. So I'm thinking it didn't download properly or intact. Big Fish just offers me a new game but I really like this series. Any thoughts? Mac OSX Version 10.7.5.

So you start out by turning the left lever times 3; then adjust the bracelets so all three are orange. This lights the orange bulb. Then right lever x 3; adjust to appropriate next color. Go back and forth--left x 3 adjust; right x 3 adjust; until you work through all the colors and all the bulbs light up--this gives you the solution.

This mini game has spawned at least 2 threads of comments--maybe too hard?

OK solved it. What everyone else said was true: you must figure out which combo gets the ball to the left lower hole. Then you go to the left upper hole above it and the shield pops out. You kinda have to concentrate on the middle holes and not the ones to the far right. Unfortunately I can''t remember the exact sequence but most of the combos don't place the golden ball in that all important left but not topmost hole.
Thanks to all for your help.

I have reset the game. I have tried the same combination of holes over and over. I am now going to You Tube. This is definitely frustrating and must be a bug. Feh.

posted in Riddles of Fate: Memento Mori Collector's Edition on Nov 3, 14 8:09 AM
Thanks Poof 11. That change in difficulty did the trick. Very annoying up until that point. Didn't find all the cards either and wish I could go back to do that without playing the game over. Otherwise great game.

posted in Web of Deceit: Deadly Sands Collector's Edition on Sep 29, 13 1:06 PM
Yes I found those pieces. I think the game is now frozen. There is a reset button that won't function. And I can't get the sewing to start. If I have to re-install the game, I will be unhappy as I expect all my progress will be lost. But guess I'll try it. Thanks.

posted in Web of Deceit: Deadly Sands Collector's Edition on Sep 28, 13 4:11 PM
I don't know if this is a glitch that anyone else is experiencing...I have progressed to the sewing of the sail for the sand ship. I put the pieces together and the sewing part seemed to freeze. I can't reset; I can't go forward. If I uninstall and then reinstall, do I lose all the progress? That seems harsh.

Any help?

posted in Web of Deceit: Deadly Sands Collector's Edition on Sep 28, 13 1:41 PM
Hi Love the game but am totally stuck with sewing the sail. I can't figure out where to start the sewing. Sew the needle and stuff in the upper rightish corner but nothing will start the process. So I'm stuck and can't finish the game.

But I love the game so far and hope to figure this out.

Addendum: so it appears that the game is frozen. I tried to reset the puzzle and it won't let me. Any suggestions?

posted in Haunted Legends: The Curse of Vox Collector's Edition on Jun 28, 13 12:54 PM
I found it finally. I also went back to start over thinking I missed it. And the statue holding the ring is a red herring--once you finish the mini puzzle with the sword it releases the ring. Whew. Hard game without the strategy guide and thankfully all of you players!

posted in Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 13 9:16 AM
So I've finished the main game and have moved on to the Bonus Chapter. I am using the Strategy Guide and notice that there seems to be some stuff missing. For example, one needs to collect feathers to make the dart with the cork. However, although I figured out that I need to trap the bird, there is no mention of this in the Guide and I can't find the food that will lure the bird.

Seems like a "page" is missing.

posted in Silent Scream II: The Bride on May 29, 13 4:36 PM
So this is how I figured out what to do. I was playing in the hardest mode with no hints or sparkles. I created a second profile and played in the easiest mode. So when I came to something I couldn't figure out, I went back to the easier mode and used the hints. Or the sparkles. In this game there is a little flash of light over an area that needs exploring or is part of the puzzle. That is in the easier mode. This way I felt like I could get some help without the frustration of no walk through or strategy guide.

But I agree with you. There should always be a walk through SOMEWHERE.

posted in Silent Scream II: The Bride on May 29, 13 4:33 PM
So this is how I figured out what to do. I was playing in the hardest mode with no hints or sparkles. I created a second profile and played in the easiest mode. So when I came to something I couldn't figure out, I went back to the easier mode and used the hints. Or the sparkles. In this game there is a little flash of light over an area that needs exploring or is part of the puzzle. That is in the easier mode. This way I felt like I could get some help without the frustration of no walk through or strategy guide.

But I agree with you. There should always be a walk through SOMEWHERE.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman on Feb 3, 12 6:15 PM
I'm always disappointed when there isn't a walkthrough and in this case I guess I downloaded the standard version and there was supposed to be one, by mistake. Of course there wasn't and I had to open and close the game to look at the BFG blog for the walkthrough. In general I loved the game but was very surprised at the sudden ending. Kind of a letdown after the build up of finding all the crystals. I guess the CE has the more satisfying finish with the bonus game. Oh well.

By the way, for those of you using Mac Lion OS 10.7.2 if you are experiencing the game going to "options" whenever you click on the inventory, i figured out how to correct that--just click on "full screen" (to turn it off)--with ERS games they don't immediately go to the smaller screen but say that they will on re-open. For some reason just clicking on this option and then returning to the game will correct the problem.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator