Posts created by mommerj

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 27, 13 12:36 PM
I could use: 1 silver buckle, 1 black velvet, 1 blown out candle, 1 artificial fangs, and any of the masks. Any of those items you are able to gift/share would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much for sharing!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 27, 13 12:30 PM
Agreed! Neighbors was by far my best "discovery" I struggled for several weeks not understanding the whole neighbor/gifting concept...and not really advancing in the game. I almost quite playing. I like to play my games at my own rate, and don't want to feel "pressured" by other gamers, so I really wasn't so sure I wanted to do this whole online gaming thing. But the support of neighbors, and more advanced players has made the game more enjoyable, and understandable, and certainly no pressure.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 27, 13 12:22 PM
Love that idea missmoose! It is always a struggle to determine who will get a gift each day and who won't. But wish I could give everyone a gift everyday! Although, some neighbors are more deserving than others.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 26, 13 8:55 PM
FINALLY made it to the Fire Dragon maze! 600 runes, I figured I would be able to make to the dragon to feed them. Nope...stuck trying to get a blue tile with the sea horse.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 26, 13 6:34 PM
burnettchic, if you ever figure out the secret to getting the game to give us the pieces we need, please share with us all!. I would happily gift you every item in your wishlist if I could get the ONE blue rune stone needed to get to the fire dragon!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 24, 13 9:19 PM
I would still like to get lanterns from anyone that would like to gift me some. Thanks for your help.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 24, 13 9:16 PM
burnettchic, I understand your excitement, I haven't been able to open either the Hobbit Hut or Irift Palace. But I am getting close. I am only 5 tree branches away from opening Hobbit Hut and 5 masks & 10 giant belts away from opening Irift Palace. Hang in there, we will get there soon.

For the Halloween quest I have gotten the pumpkin pie, and just short the Jade Pearls for the Black ring. This is one quest I might actually be able to complete. Fingers crossed!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 23, 13 8:37 PM
I have been feeding the creatures on my neighbors maps, but all I get are the pumpkins. To get the other artifacts, do I need to feed the creatures on my neighbors map? I only have scarecrows on my map that I can't get rid of. I have fed them, I have used summing scrolls, and all I ever have are those darn scarecrows.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 21, 13 7:41 PM
I can't even GET to the red dragons! I can't get the final key form the blue dragons before the time runs out. I always get stuck because of one stupid black rune! I have 496 runes in my backpack and only 4 are black runes! I like challenges, but trying to come up with the ONE correct rune is beyond frustrating!!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 16, 13 9:13 PM
Rumbi, so sorry to see you go. But I understand. When you get to the point that you can no longer advance, what's the point of playing. This game has such potential to be great! But so many annoying things like having to exit the game and return to refresh the neighbor gifts, feeding the dragons, the 1x1 pixel pointer, the ridiculous number of runes you need to purchase to find the ONE needed....the list goes out. Hope to see you back soon.
Happy gaming on Facebook.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 15, 13 6:18 PM
Yep, I had that happen a couple of days ago. I had the energy bar full, close to 400 energy points. I think I too was gifting or visiting neighbors and my energy points drained to 5. The points did not come back. I had to wait for them to build up again.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 15, 13 6:14 PM
That is a great idea.
I find I have trouble with writing a message in the mailbox. For some reason (a glitch in ROM) the space bar doesn't work. (it does work on my computer just not in the game) so all the characters run together. I find I have to write the message in Word first and then copy and paste into the message box.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 13, 13 8:01 AM
I like where you are going with this. The gifting and receiving of gifts is a HUGE part of this game, but seems to have very clunky navigation. I have often thought that when receiving gifts, it would be nice to have an "Accept All" button, so I could just accept all my gifts and move on, instead of having to click Accept on every single gift.

I find it a bit easier to go through each neighbor (visiting and gifting) using each avatar at the bottom of the screen. This is STILL very time consuming, but by mousing over each avatar, I can see at one time the gifts they wish to receive. I think after we gift a neighbor with a free gift, it would be nice if the free gifts requested above their avatar would gray out, indicating that we have already sent them a free gift. As we can give as many "bought" gifts, or gifts from our backpack, they would not gray out.

I agree with EweJoy, I too would like to see the gift box movable. By the time I am halfway through my neighbor list, I can't remember the name of the neighbor I am on for more than 2 seconds.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 13, 13 7:36 AM
I totally feel your pain! I have been to the Blue dragon maze three times, not able to find the dragon. Lose all the keys and have to go back to the pink dragon maze. Right now I'm trying to earn the second key for the Blue dragon maze. I'm stuck, missing one stupid rune tile...I only have 4 diamonds, 900 coins, and 4 energy points.....I guess it's time to put the game on hold and go back to cross-stitching until I earn enough energy, coins, or diamonds to do something (anything) in the game.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 12, 13 9:08 PM
I thought I was doing something wrong. I have cleared the maze twice (and spent a lot of coins and diamonds to buy tiles!) Each time there was no dragon. Nice to know the dragon is invisible. Hoping I can clear the maze again and find the dragon. Thanks for the information everyone!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 9, 13 6:15 PM
Congratulations Fairhaven! That is a huge accomplishment.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 8, 13 7:01 PM
There has been times when every one of my buildings are infested with ghosts, sitting with 0 diamonds, and less than 1000 coins. I will at times try to play through the ghosts, but depends on how much energy I have. At those time I visit my neighbors and hope I have enough items in my backpack to chase away the creatures and hope I earn enough energy to go back and play through the ghosts.

Missmoose, I know what you mean about the puzzle mode. I love puzzles, but I find the "snap-to" feature frustrating. If the puzzle piece isn't placed exactly it snaps back to the tray which wastes time!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Oct 8, 13 6:46 PM
Thank you missmoose for this thread.

I still feel very much a newbie to ROM, and it took me a while to figure out the neighbors and gifting feature. But very glad I did! I sat for a very long time frustrated and getting nowhere until I found the joy of neighbors! As I have been rather low level for a while, I found that many times that I could not give a gift on a neighbors wishlist, but did not want to pass them by. I defaulted to giving a gift that I thought would be helpful to anyone. I wasn't sure that was welcomed or not, so glad to hear that I was on the right track. good to know that the flints, ore, and dew are welcomed by most.

I'm a quiet neighbor, but you have all been so helpful to me and help make the game more fun, that I want to show my thanks, even if it is a small gift.

Although...because of all of you I have become addicted to this game and are biting my nails wondering if I'm ever going to get logged on to play tonight!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 29, 13 11:14 AM
I am at level 15, but working hard to advance. I play everyday, even if it is just to visit all my neighbors and give them gifts. I refuse to pay for any advancements, so advancing in the game is slow. I do really appreciate my neighbors and the gifts they give me. More neighbors are welcomed!

My neighbor code is:fdYknR

posted in Totem Tribe on Feb 6, 09 6:58 PM
How did you beat the King Shade? I've been fighting him forever and getting nowhere. He keeps regenerating. I keep placing towers on the small island with him, but can only keep two intact.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator