Posts created by bratzgram

posted in The Dragon Dance on Dec 1, 10 5:35 AM
I couldn't even make it through the demo on this game. Very frustrating. In part, I believe, because I am used to using items and working my cursor in the relatively same manner in every game. This is a change. Not for the good in my opinion. I found myself hopping around place to place just trying to figure out what to do next. With very little success. I would take a hint and it would say that there is no hint for this location but give me no hint on what to do next. I looked for a walkthrough at 3 different game sites and didn't find one. I may actually buy this sometime in the future but it would only be on a DD or if I am really hard up for something to play. For some reason when I find a game that baffles me like this I end up having to figure it out. I would never buy until I find a walkthrough though.

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Dec 1, 10 3:53 AM
WARNING!!!! This is a very difficult game! I don't want to toot my own horn but I am told I am a rather intelligent person. Not playing this game! I have somewhere around 50 adventure/hidden object games from BF and another 50 adventures from stores and this one had me living in the walkthrough. The 360 view was a minus in this I think and there was never anything to let you know what you were to do next. No sense going on about it. Just not my kind of game.

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven on Nov 22, 10 9:09 AM
Boy! Big Fish is on a roll as far as I am concerned. I just finished Curse of the Raven and before that Mystery Valley and loved both. This one really surprised me in many ways. I actually felt like I purchased two games in one or more. There are actually 3 mysteries to solve here and I had no idea until I actually got to the second. All the stories had great plots and moved along quickly. Although I don't usually care for "junk pile" hidden object scenes these were done so it didn't bother me. I had to use a hint here and there and found that they recharge very fast. One thing that did make me chuckle is in one **** scene I had to find pins. They are actually pairs of tweezers.
This was definitely worth the money and then some. I can't really time myself because I play and get up to do housework or cook or help my grand daughter but the length of this was better than most and longer than I expected.
If you are wavering on whether to buy or not you shouldn't. You won't be sorry. Great Game.

posted in Mystery Valley on Nov 19, 10 5:53 PM
Well, I hate to say this after reading all the reviews from those of you that really loved this game but I am disappointed.
I thought the story could have been great. Started out great and then fizzled out and left me feeling let down. Like everyone else there were spots at the beginning that REALLY made me jump and I thought," this is going to be a nail biter". That only lasted a few scenes. I found the Hidden Objects scenes a bit difficult and thank god the hint recharged very fast. On the other hand the mini games were far to easy. The interaction in the game is very easy. If there is a locked door and you need to find a key or if you need a tool for something you are guaranteed to find it in the Hidden Object scene right there next to it. I guess the easiest way for me to explain is, to me there was no puzzle. It solved itself.
Another thing. I didn't time this and wish I would have but since I had to play it in several short spurts could only guess at the time but know that it was much shorter than I expected. Let down there also. I am really sorry I used up a credit for this but I guess it's better than paying for it.
I would rate this a 2 out of 5

posted in Mystery Age: The Dark Priests on Nov 17, 10 5:33 AM
WOW!! That is the best way to describe this game. I loved every aspect of it. In one of my last posts I stated that I was getting bored with the same old Hidden Object games. This one proved me wrong. There is so many things to do in this you can't possibly get bored. It has 2 different kinds of Hidden Object scenes but you don't feel over run by them. I have never seen 2 kinds in a game before. There are so many different areas to visit that you always have something new to look at. The story is great and keeps you involved. There are not a whole lot of mini games but the ones it does have are fun and not extremely difficult. I did have to use the walk through a couple of times but I think that was because I tend to lose my way when I can't play for a couple days. This was probably one of the longest games of this type that I have played on BF so that made me very happy also. Would love to see more games along this line.
WAY 2 GO BIG FISH! THANK YOU!

posted in Hidden Expedition ® - Devil's Triangle on Nov 11, 10 5:20 PM
The reason I titled 75 - 25 was because there were some things that really bothered me about this game. In the beginning I thought this is going to be one of my favorites. The mini's were just the right in difficulty and the story and graphics were great. The one thing that really got to me was the fact that you never knew what was in your inventory. Things went in so fast that you didn't get to read them and once they were there even if you put your cursor on them it did not tell you what they were. That became a problem more than once for me. Another problem was freezing up. Three times during the last quarter of the game I had to reboot my computer because the game froze. Even with these problems I found this one of my higher rated games. I did have to use the walk through a couple of times but if I didn't I would have been disappointed and found the game to easy. Overall a great game.

posted in Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat on Nov 9, 10 5:12 AM
As with all Edgar Allan Poe games I really liked this one. I had to use the walk through a couple of times. I guess that's the way I like to judge these games. If I never have to resort to help I think they are to easy. If I have to live in the walk through then either I am just plain stupid or the game is to hard. This one was just right. I liked the scenes and the music was not annoying like some. After you have done one of these games in the series it tends to get easier so I am afraid that if I continue I will be getting disappointed. I doubt that will stop me though
The mini's were great, I thought. if not a bit on the easy side. The answer is always there. You just have to find the clue. I didn't feel over run by Hidden Object Scenes but when they did pop up I was ready for the break it gives from the rest of the game. One really good point? I got my moneys worth in length! I get very upset when I pay $7.00 for an hour and a half! I don't skip mini's and try real hard not to use hints but even if I had skipped here and there I feel the length was good.
Overall I had a great time on this one. Thanks Again BF!

posted in Dracula Origin on Nov 4, 10 12:48 PM
This game is a lot of fun but without the walk through I would still be in the first 10 min. As it is I am stuck right now with the walk through and am taking a break because it made me so angry. If I can get passed this part I would say I love this game I needed it to be really good to justify the HUUUGH download. I hope I can get through this problem. It really does have great graphics and after playing Sherlock V. Arsene I do not want to try another 360 for a while. This is much easier to deal with. All in all I would probably do it again evn if it does make me feel like a dimwit!

posted in The Enchanting Islands on Nov 4, 10 12:39 PM
I am a Hidden Object / Adventure fan but thought I would try something different so I started trying Match 3. The first few I tried I thought I would give up. There is a point to this one and is more of a challenge than the others I have tried. I have only done the trial but I think I will buy this one. I will only do it in small doses though. I got so uptight it made my neck hurt in the 45 min. I played. Believe it or not, that's a good thing.
Happy Gaming!!

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition on Oct 21, 10 2:39 PM
I agree with Sinshack on this one. I don't usually buy CE but this was worth it. Especially at $13.99. It is probably the longest game of this type that I have ever played. Not because it's so difficult but because there is a lot of game. This is the best I've played since Rose Briar.
I wish now that I hadn't played normal mode. With the strategy guide right there I should have played the more difficult. As it was the game was a bit on the easy side for me. I never once had to use the guide. I can only imagine how much time I would have gotten out of it had I played the harder version.
The art is great in this as is the music. Not at all repetitive. It had some very different scenes and mini games. I also like how you are rated along the way. Makes you want to try harder to solve games.
The extra play was well worth the extra cash. The only problem I had was using the space required to load this. Between this and Sherlock vs Arsene I could cry. With Sherlock I could kind of understand due to the way the game is made but this isn't much different than all the others. Oh well, I am no expert in that area by any means!
No matter what I REALLY enjoyed this game. You will too!

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Oct 14, 10 6:23 AM
I am in the museum and have tried every painting (just in case) in the English exhibit but they dont trigger anything. I know that I am supposed to answer another Holmes quiz but haven't been asked for that yet. I found a walk through but it hasn't helped. Can someone who has played help out? I really want to play this but have been in the same spot for over an hour.
Thanks.

posted in Kuros on Oct 12, 10 2:06 PM
I see that it has been a year since anyone has reviewed Kuros. I just stumbled across it and bought it just from the reviews I had read. I really liked the game but you better not have anything against keeping the walk through handy. The only hints are one you earn by finding them and there are very few of those. It is very trying at times. The art work is fabulous and the puzzles challenging. It was worth the cost for me. The length was great and I had a good time even if I did keep flipping from game to walk through

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera on Oct 12, 10 1:36 PM
I am at the tower at the end of the game and it keeps telling me to enter the tower. I don't have a KEY! Did I miss it some where? I went through the walk through and back through scenes. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® on Oct 5, 10 5:45 PM
I just finished Dark Flight and have to say I was let down. I guess after reading all the reviews I expected to much. After I started playing I remembered what I didn't like about Painted Tower. The main problem was having to go back and forth to the same places several times. With the first one I could at least make sense of what I was supposed to be doing. With this one it seems to me there is no rhyme nor reason for anything you are doing. Everyone loved the graphics and I was not that impressed. Much of it reminded me of old PBS cartoons. Some of the mini games were extremely easy and some were incredibly hard. Even the clues say the answers are random. WHAT? I want to know that what I am solving actually has one answer.
I am not saying the game was awful. I was entertained. For a very short time. It took me about 3 hours. Give or take 10 min.

I guess the fact that I actually ended up paying $12.00 for it didn't help. I wanted to play it so bad after I read the reviews that I had to download right then. I had some time to spare and home alone for a change. Unfortunately it was a large download and I ran over my access time so I had to pay $5.00 to get my speed back. Had I known how short it was I would have waited. Then to see a "To Be Continued " at the end really got me. I think this one will be the end of the series for me.

This is the type game I have been looking for! Loved it! At first I wondered why it would have a strategy guide built in. Now I know. Without it I would have been lost over and over again! The story was great as were the graphics. Someone said they found it had to many cut scenes or voice overs (whatever you want to call them). I thought it was great. Kind of gave it a feeling like you were taking part in a movie. The first Womens Murder Club I did was one given to me years ago and I did like it but this one far surpassed that. I haven't tried the others that BF has right now. I am a bit afraid to because I did the newest first I hope the others won't be a disappointment.

I would rate this game 4 1/2 out of 5. I have yet to find a 5

posted in Lost in the City: Post Scriptum on Oct 1, 10 5:41 AM
I played the demo for this a few weeks ago and saved it just in case I wanted to buy it. Today I am looking for something to play so I decided to read the reviews here. [b]Now I really don't know if I want to get this one!!! Wish I could replay the demo. The comments here got me more confused. 90% were undecided just as I am. Made me laugh. At least this was a fun way to start my day but I think I will shop a bit more before I decide.

Remember to let the ones you love know it every day!

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison on Sep 29, 10 8:08 AM
I just finished this game and I had a great time! I believe this is the first Adventure game I have played without Hidden Object involved and I will be doing more. The story was great if a little creepy at times. I tend to play a bit at night after the lights are out and that witches whisper made me jump every time This isn't so hard that you get frustrated but very challenging. I had to use the walk through a couple of times and hints several times. The mini games are very tough. I usually won't skip a game until after I have worked on it forever. This one I had to skip a couple. I like that challenge though.
The only problems I had were: I couldn't use the custom cursor and the game ran slower than most. When I had to bring an item out of inventory I had to let it catch up with the cursor. Not slow enough to keep me from playing but a bit annoying at times.
All in all I would recommend this game! The length is great and if you take the time to play the minis it's one of the longest I have played.

ENJOY!!

posted in Echo: Secret of the Lost Cavern on Sep 24, 10 1:38 PM
I always use Gamezebo for walkthroughs. Go to all walkthroughs and select the first letter of your game. In this case E. It will take you right there. I didn't check to see for sure if this particular game was there but I have never not been able to find a walk through for the games. I play.

posted in Mishap: An Accidental Haunting ™ on Sep 24, 10 12:39 PM
I bought this game due to all the great reviews. I am not sorry in the least but I do want to give some of my thoughts on it.
I love the fun part of this haunting. Much lighter side to what I usually play. Very different. The problem I ran into was that it becomes quite repetitive and some of the scenes are all but impossible to find objects in. Some of the scenes are to dark or foggy for this small of objects. Thanks for the hint, although it does recharge really slow.
At first I thought the mini games were great but then some of them are just way to simple.
Right now I am waiting to be able to play the ending because it stalled and I can't get it to finish loading. Quite frustrating!
One really great selling point? It is a long game! You do get your moneys worth as far as length goes.
There are many pros to this game. Mainly the fact that it is so different. The cons may just be my personal preference. All in all I would definitely buy it again.

posted in Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd on Sep 14, 10 7:38 PM
I go to [removed by moderator] for all walk throughs. I have never been unable to find one.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator