Posts created by Dirk_Tee

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 26, 14 2:23 AM
Picky Shopper and Silhouette mode can give you The Angelus, the Beechwood tour Trophy and the Marines Good Conduct Medal on top of the items you get in Fast Shopper and Picture mode.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 22, 14 5:26 AM
Reading bfgDeveron's explanation, 2 people using 1 computer is possible if they both use the cloud and log in each and every time they want to play.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 22, 14 3:19 AM
wulfruna wrote:The "Bonbons in the round" were one of those brief quests that disappeared for good as soon as you accepted the reward. I got frustrated by this as I had only collected two of them when I checked back to look at the quest button and it automatically went off without me actually clicking to collect the reward. So having clocked up large quantities of the other sweeties I can now only get two sets of that collection now that the chocolates have finally shown up...... Still, better than nothing I suppose.

Yes, that happened to me too. I clicked the cross in the top right corner of the quest window to just close it, but it still collected the reward.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 20, 14 12:30 AM
The topic of the fire dragon has already been discussed before in the thread "Fire Dragon" with a last message on January 3. You may want to read there too for some clues on when it changes from 50 gold to 10.000 coins.
For me that change happened when I moved up to level 48 and simultaneously reached the achievement of spending 100.000 energy, but there seem to be other things playing a role there also.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 19, 14 1:36 PM
april3850 wrote:And your avatar is the cutest one of all!!! LOL

Thank you! I guess it takes a geek to choose an avatar that looks like a nerd

But it makes you wonder: do people choose avatars that look like them, or avatars that look like how they would like to be ?
And what about the woman who chose an avatar that "looked like an older John Travolta" ? Where does she fit in ?

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 19, 14 10:05 AM
Sorry it took so long to accept you as a friend, but sometimes real life annoyingly interferes with play time
If you want to know my time zone, you can check my message in the "Would just like to know which country you are from!" thread; you're 1 hour ahead of me.
And yes, I am a man, one of the few in this game it seems (only 14 out of 163 in my friends list are male).

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 12, 14 12:31 AM
I've been monitoring the modes in some cities, and I noticed that for me in these cities (all played on master level):
- Hunting Lodge, Idaho
- Guo Antiques, California
- Toy Shop, Minnesota
- Secret Library, Washington
- Pensacola, Florida
- Margaret's House, Georgia
- Charleston, West Virginia
The modes change in the following order:
1) Picky Shopper Mode
2) Fast Shopper Mode
3) Picture Mode
4) Silhouette Mode

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 10, 14 12:50 PM
user 'bittersweet' asked me to put these issues here on the forum:

1) she has trouble signing in to the forum and the game
2) since the Christmas update, all mini-games past the first 8 have disappeared for her. This isn't related to the scrolling issue that has been reported here before (and for which I gave a work-around).

She already has uninstalled and re-installed the game, but to no avail.
Because she can't log in, she can't contact customer service through the forum.
I'll tell her to try to contact Customer support through e-mail.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 10, 14 9:47 AM
Yes, same here: gold for all Christmas collections, for 80 trophies in cities and also for finishing 300 quests.
I'm also stuck on 23 Christmas quests, but since I was late installing the Christmas update, I may have missed a timed quest, I can't be sure.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 10, 14 3:28 AM
basmith12 wrote:Does anyone know if the quests end after the girl in overalls collecting weapons the second time (I think)? Sorry I cannot remember names and I was so excited in playing game, I cannot remember what the last quests was but now I have no more quests! Maybe more with Valentine event. I was having so much fun and I hope there are more quest than one days playing covered after all this waiting. I will admit I have played about five hours but wish there was more! Happy gaming everyone!

I guess thats's a disadvantage of being a high level player. You can zoom through the quests because you have plenty of resources and food. Those same quests would probably take you weeks if you were still at level 15 or so.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 10, 14 3:15 AM
I agree with most of your loves/hates.

A few remarks:
- the vehicle upgrades and bundles are clearly targeting people who want to pay real money to advance faster. It's a commercial thing; I can live with that.
- you not getting the Red Wine Glass was just unlucky, I guess. I got 10 out of 11 plays, thanks to your good advice. I wish I could give you one as consolation.
- the two new mini-games will probably only start giving items when the Valentine quests are active, I wouldn't play them anymore until you get a quest for them
- the addition of collectibles to Oldstein Bank and Christmas Alley was probably already foreseen in the Christmas update, but we never got those because the cities were stuck in fast shopper mode, while now we can play all modes.

Apart from some installation problems that some had (including me), and that are difficult to foresee for developers that always use the newest computers with the latest updates, I think they really did a good job this time.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 9, 14 2:28 PM
LXC12 wrote:
april3850 wrote:

Also, there is a glitch I found. One quest asks you to go to the bank and find the Classic Red Wine Glass. THERE IS NO RED WINE GLASS!!!! Just play the bank like you normally would. It will give you credit for completing the quest, but it wont give you the wine glass, because its NOT there.

Thanks for all the info, April! Actually, I think the quest asks for the Chardonnay glass, which has been available in the game. Still no sign of the Red Wine Glass.

Does anyone else think it's weird/in poor taste that one of the items is a Molotov Cocktail? It was on Matthew's yacht -- it doesn't appear every time. I just can't imagine why the developers would choose that.

I did find the Red Wine glass in the Oldstein Bank, and got one on every visit until I collected my reward from the quest (as you suggested, April).
I had already mastered that city before the latest update, don't know if that made a difference.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 9, 14 11:33 AM
The DirectX version depends on your Windows version.
For Windows XP Professional it's DirectX 9.0c,
for Windows 7 it's DirectX 11.
If you google DirectX you'll easily find more information for other versions.

Often these dll problems occur if your Microsoft Windows programs are not kept up to date.

I had similar issues, but could solve them by uninstalling/re-installing the game.
It's usually a good idea to restart your computer between the uninstall and the install process.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 9, 14 3:23 AM
No, the Columbus Day stamp is not in the game anymore.

During a spell of "large number of resources", I played each and every mini-game an visited every city in all 4 modes (except Oldstein Bank and Christmas Alley, which are only available in fast shopper mode), so I should have received every item that is available in the game.
But I never got a Columbus Day stamp, nor any of the other items that we already knew were not available.

This of course does not include the changes of the new update, I didn't install that yet. Some of the above mentioned items seem to have become available now.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 8, 14 12:35 PM
I can confirm that. There are no items to win at Teodi's.

I've played every mini-game there during a "large number of resources"-spell, and it never gave me an item, while the other mini-games always gave the item on the first "click" during that time.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 8, 14 1:20 AM
LXC12 wrote:The one advantage I can think of with playing 3 rounds of these games is that it gives more chances for items to appear -- as opposed to the library or stamp games where you only have a few chances per game. But I do find the ranger and botanical gardens tedious.

I agree. My experience is that the frequency with which an item appears, is somehow related to the number of 'correct' clicks you make. That would explain why the Library, the Butterfly Sanctuary and Philip's Place are less 'generous' with items than the Park Ranger or Vincent's Studio and, especially, the Bird Watching (where you can keep clicking any square until the item appears, which means you make a 'correct' click every 4 or 5 clicks).
Anybody else who wants to share his/her thoughts on this ? (mainly her thoughts, since 90% of players here are women, or at least use a female avatar).

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 7, 14 12:20 AM
Your husband loses it, just because you gain a few pounds ?
That seems rather unfair.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 5, 14 4:17 AM
april3850 wrote:#10 in Vincent's Studio is well worth paying to open if you have to. It is one of the most important mini games in Dinhammer Alley. It gives you 1000 coins in collection rewards. If you use a keepsake, and do #10 over and over for 30 min, then go to collections and claim your rewards, then its easy to score a lot of coins. I have gotten as many as 600000 coins in 30 minutes doing this.

I prefer playing #4 and #7: they require lesss resources, with the Leisure Photo you can get more pallets as collection reward and Silver Knives get you glue or you can sell them for much higher prices than 1000 coins. Of course, these games give you less coins than #10, but I think you can compensate that by selling some knives.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 5, 14 1:39 AM
awalkinglady wrote:They do another version of the "if beauty is skin deep, this is what you look like underneath" in another HOS except the skull is not human....looks like a dinosaur! Pretty gross!

Yes, that's the one I meant; it makes me laugh because it kind of reminds me of someone I used to know
The human skull is in Margaret's House.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 4, 14 2:32 PM
Try clicking on the right hand side of that button, just right of the left arrrow. That's how it works for me.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator